Legend of Renalta 2: Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goblin Holds

Childs knuckles whitened as she grabbed her blades harder. "We will buy time." She spoke in a low tone of voice. She closed her eyes, and then her mind and soul plunged into the madness of the many voices. She had gotten more control of it since last time, and so she beckoned a fearless spirit that would not be dettered by demons and their minions. A warrior, of speed and power. And then she breathed deep and drew so many as she possibly could to her, she called them, lured them, brought them forth trough sheer will. Her eyes glowed and swiveled with the ether of souls tearing at her, but she grit and bore it. More and more came to her call, screaming of bloody murder at this girl and her disturbance. But the spirit allready anchored inside her seemed defiant of outsiders and helped her hold her mind in check.

She directed them to Umano just as she thought it would get to much, and the spirits flowed from her to the otherwoman.

Unamo seems watches the spirits approach, though to the others they would see nothing but Unamo and Child staring at the air. She reaches out and grasps one by the throat, with a light green aura shimmering lightly and visibly over her person as a result. The other spirits seem to calm and stare at her as she trembled. "That... Is enough... Child." Unamo says as she attempts to hold them in place, waiting for the opportune moment to spring her trap.

Child breathes out slowly and the light in her eyes dies out as she stops drawing them in. She felt empty, incomplete all of the sudden. The feeling scared her, But now she focused on the blades in her hands, the material, the certeinty of cold steel.

"Let them come." She growled.

Protector Yuri
Tuleria, Unto the Breach

Yuri gratefully took in a breath of air as the vampire was pulled off of her. Rising to her feet, she removed her gauntlet before raising her hand to her collarbone and healing the gash there. A gnawing voice told her that it would do little to cure the cold touch spreading through her veins, but she shoved it aside. It was not something she could deal with at the moment, mentally or practically. For now, she would keep the lurking fear tucked away from both her allies and herself.

As Arkos started speaking, Yuri nodded along with his plan. "A good plan. Aeyr would make for our best scout, and I'll tend to the wounded. Everyone else should get going without delay." Looking around, Yuri noticed the foolishly eager young man from earlier was injured. Gesturing to catch his attention, she made her way over to him. "Here, lie down, rest." She said, kneeling down. "What's your name? I'm afraid I've forgotten."

The young, short, dark skinned man, looked up to Yuri with some level of appreciation. "Mas'ud Campos." He seemed fatigued, frightened, but still stable and loyal, ready to fight at a moment's notice. "I belong on a ship in the rat's nest, not here, but... But I'm okay." His tone fluctuated between pain and and panting.

Yuri looked around at the dunes and glaring sun and gave Mas'ud a smile. "Wide open skies, soaring waves- I'm not sure I see the difference," She said before stopping to focus on gathering some magic. Stripping off her gauntlets, she laid her hands upon the young man's wounds, the cobweb of scars already itching in anticipation. With a quick breath, Yuri closed her eyes and channeled healing energies into Mas'ud's injuries.

The healing effects were rapid and effective, given the lack of outside pressures. Mas'ud exhales softly, closing his eyes and smiling warmly. "Thank you, Yuri... I'm sorry about the loss of your friend."

Yuri looked over at the two pieces of Filomena and let out a weary sigh. "To tell the truth, I wouldn't be surprised if you knew her better than I did." Even turning away from Filomena, the sands around them were red from fallen demons and Tulerian soldiers. Rising to her feet, Yuri offered a hand to Mas'ud to help him up. "What about you? The Blade's came here to help defend Tuleria, and yet only Tulerians have paid the price."

"I'm fine, we'll be fine. We've fought back Templar and Slavers, we can handle this." Mas'ud replies brazenly as he cleans demonic blood off of his blade in the sand around them. "Tulerians have always bled red and blue for our freedom, this isn't any different... Just focus on our mages, and your own. They need to stay alive to shut down this invasion. Then... Then I guess I can head home and add 'demons' to the list of invasions my family has stopped." He grins as he sheathes his blade, and motions towards her chest. "That vampire bit you, right? Well, if it means anything, you're still a good person in my books. Just... Avoid the Templar. They hate vampires like they hate everything else that's different."

Yuri rubbed at her neck, glancing towards the rest of the group. "Yes, well... You should join up with the others. Thank you." She paused, and then walked away. "Quar!" She called, "Do you want help with those wounds?" Whether or not he accepted her help, Yuri would follow the others when done.

Imperium~Doctor Gremlock

Gremlock mentally kicked himself. He should have known from his testing that his bullet tricks do not work like that. However, it wasn't a complete waste, as he discovered that the bullet was barely affected by the gravity at all! He saw Fahim give the order to cover Armerza, and he nodded back. The goblin's mind raced to find a good way to cover her. Clearly the other crossbowman was the greatest threat, as the dwarf seemed to have the melee fighters well in hand. Of course, these enemies were undead, they don't tend to care about getting their vital organs shot out or bleed to death, making his gun itself somewhat useless. Then he got a flash of inspiration. If he tripped the crossbowman, he would cease to be a threat, as he would crash down to the earth below. But how to get the undead minion into the air to trigger the effect? He went through a number of options, make him explode, do a chain shot to kick his legs off, before he finally settled on one idea that would most likely work.

He swiftly reloaded his gun, then pulled the lever to the red position. This would increase the caliber of the gun and make his shot more accurate and powerful. Just what he needed to make this shot. He aimed at the crossbowman that still had a crossbow in hand, then pulled the trigger. Out of the barrel came what appeared to be a bullet, but before it connected with the enemy, Gremlock's magic took effect. The bullet expanded to the shape of a bola, which Gremlock hoped would wrap around the enemy's legs, then trip them causing them to fall down to the ground. He waited with bated breath and hoped that this shot would work.

Goblin Holds - Aslo

Aslo bit the inside of his cheek after seeing the group of demons. No sign of the mortar meant nothing good for him. He shuffled away from the edge of the roof in quiet contemplation, he'd noticed Nyla run out and hide behind the Golem, and he found a strange comfort in that. If nothing else it meant he wouldn't die alone. She would no doubt be lying in wait, ready to spring forth whenever trouble was started. It was more than Aslo had hoped for. He had run out of the clocktower fully expecting not to return, but with Nyla, and noting the demons hadn't been carrying any ranged weapondry at least there was something close to hope. Together they had at least a minor element of surprise, and maybe that would be enough.

Maybe, but probably not.

Debating for a moment whether or not there was any merit in saying a prayer, Aslo struck the flint, lit two of the oil flasks (one off the other), letting the flame grow stong and sprang to his feet. He wasn't sure whether it had been more daunting to stand before the golems or this new threat, but here he stood atop the building all the same. He took quick but precise aim, and threw the first oil flask directly at the Agent of Gluttony. While unsure what effects, if any, there would be Aslo was assured by the belief that flesh was generally opposed to burning, and did not usually react well. After the first flask had left his dominant hand he had set out at a brisk jog across the roof towards the clocktower. Switching the second flask to his throwing hand, he picked up the third prepared flask and tucked it away to keep it from being pierced or set alight. Next Aslo aimed closer to the front of the convoy at the imps. As he gave it a long toss he hoped against hope that as the fire reached the front of the group it may cause some hesitation or panic.

His hands now free he was moving at a much faster pace towards the edge of the building. He crossed He leapt through the air towards the golem, and landed with a tuck and a roll beside it. While aware he lad left himself vulnerable upon landing, he tried to regain his footing as quickly as possible, and face the enemy head on as they would no doubt approach shortly. He made careful, slow steps, carefully eyeing the enemies in front of him as he moved to get back inside the clocktower with Nyla as company. Close at hand in case the all too deadly mortar shell landed a nearby blow.

Renalta - Dean

A look of relief could be seen on Dean's face as the stone and rubble settled, and he spotted the Queen's Blades. His muscles ached and felt years older than when he had set out for the swamps and he seized the brief chance to take the first full breath he'd taken in hours. However the relief he felt would be swiftly replaced with a look of pure venom and irritation at the sight beyond the Blades. Of Mikan in peril. Of Kouri and Markus as puppets. Of James.

His grip on Godsplitter was cast iron as he took a step closer, fatigue plain in his movements, when a sudden second wind took hold of him. Unsure where it had come from, how it had been summoned, and how long it would last he instead decided very swiftly he didn't care, and capitalized upon it. Wordlessly he quickened his pace towards Mikan and the wolf. Raising his hammer as he did so.

To call the swinging of his weapon smooth was to insult the absolutely fluid way in which the hammer swung through the air. To call it practiced would imply the weapon was anything but an extension of Dean's own arm. No. Now that Godsplitter was set in motion there were only a select few ways for this to end: the wolf would effectively become a fine paste as it flew through the air, and land limp and motionless, or it would move and stave off its destruction for a brief period. Either way, Mikan would see it through yet another brush with death.

Aëyr
Tuleria, Unto the Breach

Shaken and trembling, Aëyr cleaned the knife of the vampire's blood, before returning it to its holster.

Another mission, another kill. She had not intended to be so brutal as she disposed of the threat, but caught up in the moment—with lives on the line—she'd lost control of her emotions, allowing her distress to gain the upper hand.

Turning from the scene and her two companions, she heeded Quar's call and moved down into the trough of sand, pulling out a scroll as she did. The imperial missive was a sturdy piece of parchment, unharmed from her previous activities. Breaking the seal, she quickly glanced over the text, not registering the words written within.

As she awaited the arrival of the scouts, Aëyr reached Quar's side, noticing that he was still healing his own injury. She bowed low to him. "You have my gratitude for protecting me—my recklessness nearly cost you your life."

Quar watched her bow with respect, hesitating a moment in surprise before the corners of his lips tilt upward, shyly. Clearing his throat, he speaks softly and quietly to her. "It 'twas nothing for someone with such... Importance, as you." He seemed to carefully choose his words when addressing her in a professional context, and though the bleeding from his wound had stopped, he was still mending it slowly. "An Imperial Missive? Ah, working with my comrades in arms. That would be pleasant."

Aëyr blushed at Quar's words, uncertain how to respond. "Thank you nonetheless," she mumbled.

She straightening back up and glanced over across the sand dunes. "The scouts shall be here soon—I do not intend to allow us to be ambushed again." Clearing her throat, she looked back at Quar, a tinge of nervousness in her eyes. "I-if you have any suggestions for how best to use them, they are welcome. While I have some knowledge of scouting, I am not nearly as familiar with your people's tactics as I imagine you to be."

Ultimately, she was uncertain as to the exact number of scouts who would heed her call, but she had already decided on a simple plan of action. The first three scouts would seek out the portal, to determine what sort of opposition they would face—she would follow but hang back, to relay the information by foot back to their group while the scouts continued to watch for new developments. Any supplementary scouts would be sent to the Tulerians' main forces, so as to give them an idea of the status of the battle being waged.

She could only hope their mission would not be too late.​
[/hr]

Esyllt Boudica - Goblin Holds​

The venatrix moved to guard the entrance, as Unanun suggested, yet Esyllt felt resistance from her own lips when she issued the command. As if weights had been stitched into them, the words did not come easy to her. The city had reacted to Maeven, but did that make her worth the gamble they were about to take? Were the golems in the underground city more like Fafnir than her own magic? Even if she had not spoken to the mechanist girl since the ball, Esyllt had grown jealous of Maeven with each passing moment. She knew more about the world than Esyllt felt she could ever hope to, she was determined where Esyllt struggled with doubts every waking night. And the amazons... The amazon had seen it. It was not as if Esyllt sought to pursue relations with Unamo, but it was painfully clear they preferred Maeven to her. And now she was in charge of the one field Esyllt had prided herself; the golem. Even though she had offered her expertise.

Shadow cast across her face, as Esyllt averted Unamo's and cast the death spell over the amazon's ingredients. The skin on her back felt clam, as opposed to the usual cold shivers that would run through her spine when she casted necromancy. Esyllt still thought of Naraem whenever she did. She had dismissed the Calico the moment Unamo's spirit had come with the information both summons had been tasked to gather. Though the beat of her heart and the sweat on her brow as she rotted Unamo's ingredients explained to Esyllt her emotions and magic both were taking their tolls. If not on her body, it was on her mind.

"It is done." Esyllt's voice sounded wearily, returning the spirit talker her possessions. She dared not look Unamo in the eye, knowing full well the bleak expression she wore on her face. Esyllt never had admitted it, but the words of the amazon princess had stuck with her until the very day. She was ashamed of her jealous, but like with her anger back in the forest, Esyllt could not let it go. She tried to focus on something else. Past the venatrix' bronze shoulder, Esyllt could see the rubble of the giants felled by rats mere minutes ago. Perhaps she would take one back with her, learn more about the secrets of this industrial tomb, once this was all over.

"This is far too much like old times, you lounging back while everyone else does the work! Make yourself useful and do something about the skeletons about the abomination!" -Alexandria, Page 4.

Kingdom of Renalta - Heart of Madness

Murderok's counter-attack came swiftly, presumably before he could hear the shouted orders of others around him. As he removes the pin manually and allows it to fire, only one hand is able to fully sustain the recoil of the shot however. His bolt ends up flying past the purple robed magician as she steps aside just before it fires, causing it to land some few feet behind her, harmlessly. The magic-breaker is irreparably damaged as it impacts with the hard ground underneath it. The robed figure chuckles quietly, and continues weaving further spells.

Abjaar turning away to engage Marcus left nobody to stop the wolf and the Illusory Kouri, who proceeded to both focus their attention on Eric. Eric finishes reloading just in time as the wolf leaps for him: Instead of immediately firing, he slams the crossbow into the wolf's chin and then pulls the trigger, sending a bolt straight through its skull and killing it as its corpse tackles him. He's sent sprawling backward, dropping his crossbow as it slides a few feet away to Murderok's hooves. He shoves the wolf's body off and starts rolling onto his feet, his attention focused on the Illusory Kouri as she charged a spell. Then, merely a few feet from Murderok, a small projectile pierces cleanly through the Rheinfelder's torso. Looking up at the robed figure, she had prepared a deadly attack that neither Murderok nor Eric could recognize, but whose effects were clear as Eric wavered, blood quickly pouring out of his two wounds and soaking his clothing. "Es tut mir leid... Mein Sohn... Ich werde nicht in der Lage, die Flöte für Sie spielen zu können... Vergib mir... (I'm sorry... My son... I will not be able to play the flute for you... Forgive me...)"

Eric falls onto his back, dead immediately thereafter as the shock of losing multiple internal organs finally caught up to his mind.

Murderok would notice a ball of fire heading his way from the Illusory Kouri, and manages to evade it in the last second, though it was clear from the way that her hands were wreathed in increasing amounts of fire that she was now fully prepared to start doing significant damage.

Cen's attempts to gain the upper hand were slowly starting to work: Kicking out the Illusory Marcus' wounded knee dropped him down to one knee so that Cen had the upper hand. Though Cen attempted to swing his blade to pierce the Illusory Marcus' elbow, he seemed to notice the attack coming and instead locked Cen's blade up with his own blade's guard. They were at a stalemate momentarily, but it seemed as though the Illusory Marcus' strength would allow him to shove Cen off once he was back on both feet. The tiefling, however, never got this chance, as half of a fur-coated body slams into him and sends him sprawling a few feet into the approaching Abjaar. The two are knocked off their feet and land beside each other, both retaining the grip on their weapons, though the Illusory Marcus appeared to be cradling his left arm, and Abjaar would find that two of his ribs cracked upon impact with the heavily armoured juggernaut.

One glance to Mikan would make it clear what had happened: Dean's magically-imbued weapon had connected with the wolf's torso, ripping it in two and sending both halves flying off of Mikan. With her chest covered in blood, the woman shudders with disgust before rolling onto her feet and looking at Dean with a big smile. "Hey! Just like old times! Except, you know, you didn't explode things back then." Mikan then glances to Zin and winks: She noticed what Zin did, and appreciated it. She then moves quickly to pick up her daggers off the ground, and looked over the battlefield. Spotting Eric's corpse, she grimaces, but otherwise coldly showed no other emotions. Before any of them could do anything more, she notices the mage heal the Illusory Marcus' wounds, like she had with the Illusory Kouri before...

Imperium/Amazons - The Dream of Empire

The flurry of blows came all at once against the undead. As Sonia's magical spell flew out the Agent of Greed dispelled it as predicted, having been attracted to it as a potentially powerful spell he immediately seemed to show regret for his action. The combination of bola and wind magic strike by Veira sent the remaining crossbowman off his feet, and plummeting for the ground. Armerza's shield strike finally connected with the ceiling.

The entire ceiling for approximately eight feet in each direction collapsed, sending everyone on the ceiling sprawling towards the ground. A large amount of dirt also followed before the floor of another room several feet above their own could be seen through the newly made hole in the ceiling. Dust chokes the air in the room, but before anyone could attempt to enter the dusty field to investigate what happened to Armerza and her foes, a throwing knife goes flying through the air toward Sonia. Fahim blocks it with his body, taking it in the chest and stumbling back. Glancing at the dagger with a dire lack of amusement, Fahim pulls it out and tosses it to the ground. "Unfortunate he struck the only one immune to his poisons. This Agent's fortunes are obviously poor." A shriek of anger comes from the Agent of Greed, and the longsword wielding undead suddenly bursts from out of the cloud of dust and attempts to attack Fahim, appearing relatively unphased by the fall. Fahim blocks the blow with his sheer strength, and holds the undead's arms to prevent it from moving. "Child's play. If one of you wouldn't mind killing it, give it a good blow to the head would you?"

Armerza, meanwhile, would stir after a few seconds of being dazed. Blood ran down from her forehead, but it was a minor, fairly superficial cut. Overall she, too, was in fairly decent shape, though bruised in several places after landing on her shield. Her weapon-arm was buried in the dirt mound at the center of the room, but she was still able to easily break her arm free of it. She had lost her weapon in the confusion, and it was very possibly buried within the mount of dirt somewhere if it didn't fall elsewhere. Still, what likely held her attention within the thick cloud of dust that made it hard to breath was the Agent of Greed and one of his minions: The disarmed crossbowman. Both were standing only five feet away, and their attention was focused to her party members outside of the cloud: They either hadn't noticed her there, or thought she was dead...

Kingdom of Liveria - Ancestral Bonds

Princess Helénē was holding back her total strength as she choked the orc, avoiding eye contact with it as she closed her eyes. She didn't want to kill, it wasn't in her nature. She didn't hear Kasim's approach, but it wasn't necessary as Kasim reached her side and deftly slew the orc beneath her with a single, impaling strike. The orc underneath her twitches, his eyes roll up into his skull, and he dies. It takes the princess a few moments to finally let go of his throat and stand up, turning to see what had become of Kraclaw and if the rest of the group needed her aid.

Kraclaw watched as everyone descended upon him. With surprising agility given his size he avoids Rayvon's attempts to strike him and responds with the superior reach of his spear, faking her out with a feigned strike for her torso before switching course to her right thigh: He was a highly skilled combatant, likely from years of duels with his own compatriots. He twists the spear in her leg, causing her to fall as he then pulls it out. Before he can strike again, Haruuk leaps onto his back and buries his maw into Kraclaw's neck. The wolf's fangs manage to pierce and cause Kraclaw to bleed, but not enough to stop him from reaching up for the wolf. He seems highly confused however as his own shadows seem to crawl up and around him, slowing his movements. Before he can turn his spear and shove the tip of his spear into Haruuk's skull, Gabriel's blade rams itself through Kraclaw's stomach. The orc growls and pulls himself up along the blade, grinning savagely. "Do it already, angel." Gabriel doesn't hesitate in letting go of his blade's handle and grabbing the orc's head with both of his hands. "Gladly." He replies coldly as he snaps the orc's neck, the sound echoed through the large chamber as he dropped dead. Without another second's pause, Gabriel then looks to Rayvon and kneels beside her, examining her wound with open concern breaking through his stoic guise.

Zoe seems to hesitate at the sight of Rayvon being injured, but moves past her and Gabriel quickly to free Xerois. There was no telling what her expression was underneath her mask, but her tone betrayed some level of pity. "You've been here too long." She raises her crossbow to the point where her chains were connected on the wall and pulls the trigger without warning, breaking the chains. "Go get the keys off Kraclaw's corpse and free yourself. Then free the other prisoners. We will need to wait here briefly to interrogate our prisoner. Actual armour and weapons should be located in a treasury room." Zoe points in the direction of the treasury room. "That area is clear of orcs." Reloading her crossbow, she pulls a dagger out from underneath her robes and tosses it to Xerois. "Take this and keep it for the interim. If you want revenge, I won't stop you, but I recommend staying out of my way. I'm an assassin, not a babysitter."

Andrea's attempt to raise the dead was delayed, as she found herself exhausted. It was perhaps unwise to start immediately casting magic after being freed from enslavement. Nonetheless, one of the dead orcs responded to her call, climbing back onto his feet with a lethargic stupor to his movements. Princess Helénē looks to Kasim and the others, and then looks over her form. "I should be tied down, or otherwise left immobile, before I leave his body... Just to be sure he won't escape our custody."

Goblin Holds - Antiqua Scientiam

Aslo's attack was unexpected, but the Agent of Gluttony lifts one of its minions to take the oil hit instead. The ghoul screeches in pain as it is lit aflame, but the Agent of Gluttony tosses it away like a toy, completely callous about it. The Agent runs its tongue over its sewn lips, looking at Nyla with a deep, insatiable hunger in its eyes. Aslo's second bottle attack is followed quickly by Daevon's daggers, which rips through one of the imps like a pack of Amazonian piranha. All in all, one ghoul dead, and four imps.

Before any celebratory bragging could be had, the Agent of Gluttony screeches with an inhumanly high pitch, causing Nyla to cover her ears in pain. It then bolts forward at a surprising pace towards them as Aslo rolls along the ground. Nyla then pops out of cover, grabbing Aslo and dragging him behind the fallen golem just in time to avoid the Agent, though it passed them without hesitation to charge into the building.

It impacts the Venatrix golem, being slowed just enough for Unamo to activate her trap as the golem struggles, losing a few feet of ground attempting to hold the sewn abomination back. Unamo has a light blue glow surround her as she reaches out towards the creature with both of her hands. The glyph at the doorway lights up, the materials burning with a spiritual blue flame that gave a light hymn: A little girl's voice hummed in a manner that could only be heard by Child, Esyllt, and Unamo. The shaman's eyes close momentarily, then open with a bright blue glow. Her voice had a dozen different tones as she lifted slightly into the air. "You belong to us." Several hands, visible to everyone, outstretched to the Agent of Gluttony, grasping at it and dragging it back as it swiped and gnashed at Maeven. The hands dig into its flesh as some of the sewing lines across its body snap. The veins underneath its body course and writhe, the ethereal fingertips digging into its skin didn't seem to stop its incessant attempts at reaching the Mechanist.

After being pulled back a few feet, it suddenly bursts open: Several hundred vein-sized tendrils start reaching out for several feet as the hands end up ripping off its head. It didn't seem to need it however, as the tendrils continued reaching out for nearby objects. A few of them grasp onto Essylt's shield, but Venatrix intercepted them, preventing her from being dragged in. Blood started to run down from Unamo's nose as the ethereal hands got a good grasp around the Agent's form. "Power Word: Kill." The hands suddenly and unceremoniously rip the Agent into several smaller pieces, blood spraying across the room as a result. The smaller pieces of the Agent still persisted with their tendrils reaching out for anything living they could find. However, elements of Essylt's necromantic magic could be seen as a poison, quickly spreading through the tendrils and killing them. The Agent of Gluttony's several pieces died seconds later.

The trap ceases functioning as Unamo falls onto the floor, on her hands and knees. She coughs up blood as the blue glow fades from her eyes and body. Esyllt was able to recognize the signs immediately: Unamo had cast a spell above her normal abilities and was now paying the price for it. It seemed the remaining demons would be on the Queen's Blades and Nyla alone.

As all of this occurs, the seven remaining ghouls and eight imps howl in surprise. They momentarily hesitate as Nyla gets back onto her feet, keeping her shield close to her body to give the enemy no weaknesses to capitalize on. As an imp attempts to close the gap she kicks it away like a small toy, then drags Aslo to his feet. "Inside! NOW! I'll watch your back!" The seven ghouls all start to run for the entrance, moving with a surprising pace given their starved look. The remaining imps seemed to be waiting for the ghouls to go first.

Maeven feels the controls starting to respond to her, but it seemed like it would take at least a few more seconds for her mind to catch up to what the spirits within the controls were attempting to convey to her. The controls started to glow underneath her touch as she was fed information: There were kill switches of a sort, and she could swear that some of the controls were made to move parts of the city around. It was difficult to concentrate with the violence nearby...

Kingdom of Tuleria - Unto the Breach

Quar looks to Yuri and shakes his head at her offer. He had already mostly finished healing his own wound at that point and didn't see the need. As the Queen's Blades and Buccaneers regroup, four Imperial Scouts arrive. Under Aeyr and Quar's directions, three scout ahead. The group moves, staying behind three of the scouts as the fourth goes off to scout the army on his own. It only took a few minutes to reach one last, large sand dune between themselves and their target: The portal. The scouts quietly glance over the hill, take count, and then slide back down the dunes to the group.

The trio of Imperial Scouts walks over to the Queen's Blades, though more specifically Aeyr, and report their findings. The dunes gave way to a large space of flat sand, stretching several hundred yards in every direction. The gate was protected by a pair of fifteen foot tall doom guards, four winged creatures that seemed apt for snatching people in the night, about a dozen foot soldiers, and an Agent of Lust which matched the description of the Agent of Lust that was previously in the Free Holds. There was also a burrowing creature of some sort, though it was difficult to ascertain what it was: It was likely related to the scorpions they fought earlier. A fairly formidable defense for their small group to bypass, though only one mage had to reach the gate and maintain contact with it for a few seconds to close it. That, or the Templar could do it--though the Templar would die in doing so.

Given the circumstances, the three Imperial Scouts look to Quar, and stay for the battle instead of leaving. The final Imperial Scout returns, giving the group updated information on the armies. It seemed the Tulerian force was fairing well, and the demons were sufficiently distracted so that it would be unlikely that reinforcements would reach the gate defenders in time. It was even possible the Tulerian force might win by itself if they failed.

Quar and Otto look between the Queen's Blades. It seemed they each had a suggestion. Quar spoke first. "It's clear that we should use these Imperial Scouts and our Mages to attack their bigger targets first, use the element of surprise in combination with our ranged firepower. If we can take out those Doom Guards and whatever that burrowing creature is, at least one of our wizards will be able to slip past and reach the gate with due haste." Otto shook his head. "We don't have time to pick them off one by one like common bandits! We need to use the majority of our forces and two of the three mages to distract them on one side, seeing as how this flat oasis of sand stretches off in every direction for several hundred yards. A second, much smaller force of about three or four people can then make a break for the gate once we signal that we've drawn their defensive forces away from it. If they try to run back across several hundred feet of sand to stop the second force, the first force can cut them down."

Mas'ud Campos looks between the Queen's Blades, eagerly awaiting their answer about what to do next. Every second that passed was another of his fellow soldiers cut down.

Armerza in Amazons/Imperium

There was dust in her mouth, the taste both alkaline and metallic, with an unpleasantly gritty texture. Spitting it out would be useless, perhaps one of the downsides to Pellucid, was she could not drink, nor spit through it. For now she swallowed it with a grimace of displeasure, as she looked up to get hear bear...The Agent, and The Skeleton. Naught but five mere feet away, and completely oblivious to her presence. She quickly tested her freedom, if anything was obviously hurt, or broken; other than what felt like familiar, deep bruises, and the warmth of a pressure laceration on her forehead, she was fine. Tomorrow would be painful, yes. But that was tomorrow. Not now.

She had a plan, as she slowly wrenched her weapon arm from the pile of rubble, the Rosh being lost, likely beneath it all. She moved with care, trying not to be silent, but to blend the sounds of her movement in with the sound of the still settling pile of rubble, and the occasional remanent of the ceiling still crumbling down to the pile. Once her arm was free, she drew her sidearm, the axepick. Taking in hand, the thick haft of wood, Armerza then put her gauntleted fist to the ground, finding a stone to push against. Her left hand was open, the grip of the shield in the dirt itself, she braced herself, drawing on her strength, before throwing herself up. Her arms hurling her up, with a little assistance of her legs, she pushed forwards; exploding from the ground like a landmine, she landed, and then rose to try and strike the Agent of Greed, driving the axehead cleaving through the dusty air, for its neck. The obdurite shield, ready to keep the skeleton from interfering in her attack against its master.

It was time to capitalize on their mistake of ignoring her, by going straight for the kill.

Sonia - Amazons / Imperium
Had the Dwarf survived? Sonia pondered as she looked into the blanket of dust and debris. One of the undead had, possibly more, and the poisoned tipped blade which had impaled itself into Fahim's chest attested to the health of the Agent, to which she promptly deduced that the dwarf had been transformed into paste from the fall. She searched the stone and dirt with threads of magic and when one of the threads promptly gave a small tug of resistance she realized the curse had found a host. The thread was ravenous, thirsty to consume any energy sent its way, and a prime receptor for her spell. It was tied off to one of her fallen comrades, she needn't see the corpse to realize that. Friends, for whatever sad reason of dark magic, always felt a little easier to cast upon. Now she wondered if it was the dwarf or the thief. Regardless, the vessel would do.

She could weave an incantation that would swell a corpse to pop in a violent explosion. One of those under the enemy feet could potentially cut their capacity to fight by method of blasting their legs to tiny chunks. Yet as she prepared to feed the spell the ominous presence of the Agent of Greed came alive in the peripherals of her mind. Like the viper she could feel him laying in wait, the slightest attempt to channel would be snuffed by his whim. Her first instinct, despite the struggle between Fahim and the undead directly before her, had been to assail anyone within the dusty cloud indiscriminately. At this point the possibility of the dwarf's welfare was, in all seriousness, dwarfed by the lingering threat of the agent. Yet feeling that the agent was connecting himself to the nether and capable of stopping her familiar tactics drove her to the second most instinctive reaction: to stab dangerous things.

The blade she had held in her hands felt weighty and awkward, and the lunge forward felt just as unpracticed. Gracelessly she moved to Fahim and kept her body as close to his as she could. He had already proven himself a capable shield, and with the Agent of Greed apparently fixated on her she was certain covering against Fahim's narrow back spelled safety. He was far too tall to look over, so instead she stepped to his right, her side hugging his ribs, and slowly directed the blade to the underside of the undead's chin. Apart from thrashing legs, Fahim held the creature in nearly perfect stillness as she extended the blade cautiously until the tip was burying itself in flesh. Then she simply pushed with one hand under the guard and the other palm wrapped over the pommel.Resistance against the blade was as alien a feeling as ever, and as she slid the blade she wondered how strong she'd need to be to penetrate the skull.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kingdom of Liveria – Ancestral Bonds
Andrea Llolth'Allin & Rayvon Krayvitch

With a shudder she groaned, taking a deep breath as she send a mental command to her new minion and gestured to the princess's flesh suit. The animated dead orc stiffly marched towards her, seemingly standing guard, ready to obey the command it had been given to restrain and grapple with the orc if it showed aggression. Andrea meanwhile had other things on her mind as she marched over to where Rayvon was lying and kneels on her other side, she was still not feeling all that well but she would be damned if she did not had the strength to do this she thought as she grabbed Rayvon by one of her shoulder guards of her armour lifted her up a little and planted her lips on the aasimars and kissed her deeply before the Aasimar realized what Andrea was up to. After a moment she pulled back and sighed, "Sorry... we talked about the whole kissing matter a while back but I needed to do that after I saw you there...." She smirked lazily at Gabriel, "Nice to see you again too, not going to kiss you though." She then frowned and looked at the wound Rayvon had, "If our angel here can't heal you... give me a breather and I will take a look at it with my magic."

The wound had been enough to make her grunt and fall to the ground. Her rage had left her exposed. It simmered and faded as she held fast behind her shield until the battle's end. Gabriel was the first at her side. Haruuk, who was playing up a limp came next and licked her hand with a whine, worried by her master's injury. Even through her stoic armour she put back on to mask the pain in her leg and the wrath that still boiled under the surface to be in this den of horrors, she lets a small smile pass over her lips at the warmth she felt at having these two care for her so. Though, she sudden claiming of her lips takes her by absolute surprise and leaves her dazed and dumbfounded. She opens her mouth to speak but finds herself at a loss for words to reprimand her. Instead, her cheeks flush and she looks aside, "It should not be too grievous a wound if neither of you can attend it at this time..." She hesitates before looking back, her face a mask but her eyes betraying her anger and concern, "Are you alright?" There were a great many questions behind that, she dare not ask.

Andrea tilted her head, frowning for a moment, against she felt this odd combination of confusion and... some kind of warmth when it seemed Rayvon felt concern for her. She blinked, thinking for a moment and then snarled as she gestured to the Orc corpses. "Cowards dared not to lay a single finger on me once they took my equipment and I was chained up to that wall.... that and they were saving me for something or someone 'special'."

Rayvon nods and casts her gaze away a light flush rising on her cheeks as she quickly removes her cloak and passes it to Andrea, "Would you wear this? Until we find your priestess robes, of course. Speaking of..." Rayvon tries to push herself up, her face straining at the edges as she bears weight on her leg, "The armoury has some demonic presence that will try to corrupt anyone who enters... I can help retrieve anything anyone needs to arm themselves from within."

She looked down at herself and noticed she was still wearing the rags the orcs had put her in and couldn't help but chuckle as she realised why Rayvon was flushed. Nodding her thanks she wrapped herself in the offered cloak. "Well you already found my lovelies for which you have my thanks." At that one of the snakeheads uncoiled itself from Andrea's wrist and approached Rayvon's cheek, flicking its forked tongue against her skin for a brief second before I coiled itself back around its mistress's wrist and lower arm. "But if the rest of my things are there I would be extremely grateful if they can be retrieved."

Rayvon begins to visibly relax, shuffling her weight to one side and nods, looking between her and Gabriel before her gaze lights upon Zoe and the woman she had freed. She could have sworn Zoe had hesitated staring at the paladin before going to her task. It unnerved her. To be in the assassin's eye could not be anything good. Still, her focus hones in on something else. She thought the faint prickling on her sixth sense could have been any number of things, they were pursuing an empowered demon afterall. Now, however, it became apparent watching the tiefling become free. She looks to Andrea, "Do you think what many would assume evil has the chance to be good?..."

She blinked, and then let out a wry chuckle. "My dear.... I believe the general consensus on the surface world is that my race is 'evil'. As for myself... I do not see good or evil, I judge one by their actions." She cocked her head, "Would a answer to your question possibly be if you believe if I am evil?" She then continued, glancing at the tiefling. "If you are asking me if we can trust the demonblood... she deserves the right to kill some orcs and I am of the opinion we should let her, where we can keep a eye on her of course."

She grows quiet for a moment before nodding, "I understand." A small laugh leaves her lips as she shakes her head and spits venomously, "Fucking Davian."

Andrea just tilts her head and shrugs, "If that is settled... I would rather like to get away from this specific place and perhaps deal with some orcs... I have some pent-up aggression to deal with..." Her snakes hissed in agreement to that statement.

She wrinkles her nose, "I'll go with you and whoever else needs to to the treasury and pick up the gear while they do the interrogation. It will give you all a chance to breathe. Draza can lead whoever wishes to just abandon this nightmare to the exit and freedom. She is good with people, she should do good with soothing them..."

She tugged Rayvons cloak a little closer around her and nodded, "Lead the way..." She seemed to pause and gently traces over Rayvon's cheek and smiled, "I will need to find a better way than that kiss to reward you after this mess for standing between myself and that orc warrior though." She smirked with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

She withdraws slightly from the touch, confusion in her eyes and something more. There was obviously something bothering her. "I will... I just need to assure everyone is ready to join us." She lightly clasps Andrea's shoulder before moving to approach the group of freed women and tiefling with a slight limp.

Sheriff Cennick "Cen" Greenborough in Heart of Madness

Cen continued his struggle with the illusionary tiefling, his dirty kick only bought him a little time and failed to distract well enough to get his sword in. It looked like this was going to be a slow ordeal, most probably ending in the sheriff being overpowered and put on the defensive. Really not a bad gamble. Marcus looked tough, but Cen figured the brute couldn't swing his massive blade with any more finesse than a lumberer with a hewing axe. Speaking of, Cen glanced to see how well Abjaar was fairing against Kouri, only to find that he simply wasn't and instead was charging full tilt at his fellow brute. Cen breathed in preparation for a proper verbal lashing only to have the air kicked from him as the fruits of the slaver's incompetence bloomed. In an instant Erik was dead, from what Cen could only imagine, and Murd looked like a likely second victim. An inappropriate 'roast beef' joke flashed in his mind only to be out-burned by a firestorm of conflagent rage. He began to push pack at his opponent only for him to suddenly give as a chunk of canine sent the illusion flying. Into Abjaar.

Dean immediately became Cen's favorite person. He even saved Mikan. The maul-toting hero was measuring up to be the best thing to happen to the expedition.

His breaking spirit slightly mended, Cen moved to finish off Marcus. He wasn't done with Abjaar yes though and prepared a quick insult. "Abjaar, you sand brained twat, what part of 'Kill Kouri' is so fucking hard to understand." He intended to say, instead just screaming "Fucking twatty fuck fuck." loudly at no one in particular. Regardless, Cen moved to the fallen tiefling and raised his sword to behead him. For a moment he considered 'accidentally' missing and 'accidentally' beheading Abjaar, but even with the knowledge on how satisfying that would be it wouldn't do much to get him out of the hole that was rapidly coming under him. No, it was Marcus' turn to die now, the slaver would have to wait in line.

Liveria - Kasim

Kasim figured he might as well be the one to deal with the orc-inhabiting princess' request since he was already close at hand, but he wasn't quite sure how it would be best handled. Orcs were pretty tough, so the body would have to be well and truly secured to avoid it getting free once it regained control. He thought perhaps breaking its limbs would work, and he figured the pommel of his shortsword could do some rough work on kneecaps and elbows, but before he started in on the work he came to the unsettling realization that he wasn't sure how Helénē's ability actually worked.

"Uh, how exactly does this body stealing thing work? If I were to, for example, break the orc's limbs to keep it from fleeing, how would that affect you?"

The orc shifts uncomfortably, rubbing his arms together as though he were chilled. Helénē responds, though quietly and softly, which was a strange intonation coming from an orc. "The moment I left his form, I would also have broken limbs. I sustain the damage of my host, though a killing blow merely sends me into a comatose state, rather than ending my life... Not that I would live long after that... Not very reassuring, is it?" The orc smiles, though it was meant to be friendly it came across more as menacing given his poor dental hygiene.

"No, not very reassuring at all." Kasim's words were subdued. He took a deep breath, then made an effort to hide how dismayed he was by the prospect of the princess' death. "Well, no breaking limbs then. We'll have to do it the old fashioned way instead." He set his bow and sword aside and struggled for a moment with his bulky cloak in the process of pulling his backpack off. As he dug through it to retrieve supplies, he spotted the silver armband meant for Helénē and tried to keep her from seeing it as well.

After a moment he came up with a spare belt and a couple of his extra bowstrings. "It's not rope, but it'll have to do. Hold the orc's arms and legs together, if you don't mind." Kasim set to the work of securing the orc's body: the belt pulled as tight as it could go around the ankles, and each bowstring tied separately around the wrists to doubly secure them. Once the princess was back in her own body and the orc had its own mind back, Kasim intended to use his telepathy to dig into its mind and find out what it knew about the demon, any defenses or traps set up, and whatever other forces might be lurking in the cave. He'd never gotten into an orc's mind before, and he didn't expect it to be a pleasant first time experience.

Helénē complied with Kasim's request, keeping her hands behind her back as he tied them and her feet together. There was no discerning if the bow strings and belt would hold the eight foot tall beast of a humanoid, but there was no sense in waiting too long. A few moments later, she leaves the orc's body, and collapses beside it: She looked positively demure and diminutive as she slowly got back to her feet, especially in comparison to the orc beside her. Brushing off her dress, she smiles sweetly looking to Kasim, and then starts looking at the women chained to the walls around herself in horror.

The orc looks up at Kasim as he attempts to infiltrate the orc's mind. The orc grins viciously as all Kasim finds is imagery of violent sexual encounters with various women around on the walls, and even a couple of men. It seems it'd take Kasim a while to dig through the orc's twisted surface thoughts...

Kasim returned the princess' smile with one of his own, but it quickly twisted into a grimace as he probed into the orc's mind. He wasn't surprised by what he found on the surface level, but it was still rather disturbing to see such violent violations from a first person perspective. It would be a distinct pleasure to kill this beast of an orc once it gave up the information he needed. Holding that warm thought in mind, Kasim pushed hard to get past the debauchery and into the useful bits to get what he wanted.

Renalta - Zin

Zin's joy at being able to heal Dean instead of harming the robed mage was cut brutally short by Eric's death. There wasn't even enough time to try any sort of healing before the man keeled over dead. It took her only a moment to realize that she might have prevented it, that her pain illusion might have been enough to interrupt the spell that had killed Eric, but she had fallen back on her pacifist ways and... Eric was dead because of her. She could have stopped it, if only she'd been able to bring herself to do just do a little temporary harm to a bad person. Zin realized the fighting was still going on, and felt her hands clenched tight into fists and a couple tears rolling down her face and her breaths coming quick and shallow, but they were distant things. Eric's corpse was all she could really see and think about for the moment. He was dead and it was all her fault. She was the magic user of the group, so she should have countered the enemy mage. Leaving it to the two with crossbows had been a matter of fear, of weakness, of her damned lofty ideal of peace getting in the way of what needed to be done. Now Eric was dead and that damned mage was still alive and getting ready to harm her other allies.

As she looked to the enemy, the mage that was supporting the two magical constructs, Zin felt a rage building inside her like none she'd ever felt before. She'd been upset at those who did evil before, those who hurt and killed others senselessly, but this was different. She'd come in here hoping to make things work with as little bloodshed as possible, for the sake of saving Renalta from a madman, but there had just been more killing as usual. Now someone she'd known personally was dead, a good man who had a family waiting for him back home, a Rheinfelder who was kind enough to be able to look past her vampirism and treat her like a real person, a soldier who had put his life on the line to save the world from demons. That couldn't be allowed to stand without retribution. For the first time in her life, Zin truly wanted to kill someone.

She locked her eyes on the cursed robed mage, her vision narrowing to a hazy tunnel that cut out all distractions, and lifted her hands. Zin did not know any truly offensive magic, only the works of healing and illusion, but she had to do something to stop the enemy. If she could not conjure fire or lightning or some other primal force to destroy the object of her newfound hatred, she would have to settle for suffering in lieu of death. One of the others could kill the bastard after they were disabled, and that would be justice enough for her. Zin focused with all her might on conjuring an illusion that would suffice, something more ambitious than simple stabbing pains or the feeling of suffocation that she'd practiced before. Instead she thought up a nightmare scene that fit her mood quite nicely: a person tied to a spit, hanging open a roaring fire, with demonic creatures ripping chunks of flesh off of them and consuming the bloody morsels with glee. Zin worked that illusion into a single spell, putting the target in the victim's place, complete with the pain and the heat of the flames and the scent of smoke to make it feel all the more real. She funneled as much power as she could manage into this torturous illusion, leaving herself not a scrap of extra magical energy for later use. She wanted the robed mage to suffer for killing Eric, and she would make it happen even if she had to push past her limitations and harm herself in the process. Zin was past the point of caring about the little voice in the back of her mind that said it was dangerous: so long as that wretched mage died, she would suffer whatever consequences were necessary to do her part in making their passing an unpleasant one.

[Note: In case it was not made painfully obvious enough through repetition, Zin is using her Tunnel Vision unique trait here.]

Kingdom of Liveria – Ancestral Bonds
Rayvon Krayvitch and Gabriel Collab
Gabriel witnessed the scene unfolding before himself between Andrea and Rayvon in a tepid manner, looking away and closing his eyes when the drow dove for Rayvon's lips. In other circumstances, he might have thrown the pernicious priest off Rayvon like a parasite, but in this instance, he tolerated it. The two continued their discussion, and he waited patiently. Finally, as the two got up to move to the Tiefling, he stared at her back for a few moments. Others watching might have noticed an initial moment of pain, but only as a flinch before his stoic nature took charge. Returning to his feet, he walks over to Rayvon's shoulder and pulls her back from the drow. "At least allow me to mend your wound first, if nothing else." He states simply, avoiding looking at her face to examine the wound on her leg. "I cannot allow you to lead the unarmed if you cannot even stand properly."

She opens her mouth to protest before bowing her head, "Thank you..." She moves to offer out her injury to the angel, "I didn't mean to just leave you like that, this place is just repugnant."

"I'm certain it's the place." He looks over the women still chained to the walls, and grimaces. "I must ask why this is tolerated..." He mutters to himself as he motions for Rayvon to sit down as his hands glow with a light aura. "At least they will be free. I will need to ask the princess to give them sanctuary... I very much doubt any of them have any family left. Unlike angels, I don't think they can live with that." A sigh escapes Gabriel's lips as he waits for Rayvon to sit.

She sits and looks up at him, his troubled look. She focuses her eyes on his, and tries to look a little less troubled, "You doubt the strength of us mortals... Yet, we can be remarkable in our feats of strength." She rests back slightly and ruffles her hair, mussed now that it was no longer covered by cloak, "Some just need a little more support than others, or something to focus on. It works well enough for me, anyways... Most of the time."

"I don't doubt the strength of mortals!" He replies hastily, almost reflexively as he begins mending her leg with his powers. His eyes momentarily return her looks, though only stone cold stoicism reflected back, in spite of his wings curling tightly around himself. "Mortals can be very strong, very noble, in equal measures to their capacity for cowardice and evil... It is simply my place not to allow the innocent in situations like... This." A grim expression crosses his face as he closes his eyes to focus on her wound. "I am supposed to protect... My people are supposed to protect... We are failing, and I know not why."

She raises her brows, gaze moving to her leg, where her flesh was knitting under his warm glowing touch before moving back up. "I do not know about all of angelkind, Gabriel... But today, you dove in to protect a blind woman who foolishly charged and endangered herself, and against stacked odds; you came to my aide against that orc when I fell injured; you are healing that injury; and you are part of the reason all of these women will no longer be used as breeding stock by orc slavers... You are certainly not failing. There is just only so much one angel can do, though."

"Precisely. There is only so much that one angel can do... So why is it only one?" Opening his eyes, he finishes mending her wound. He was finished, but he remained on his knees. "I have my faith, but the Archangel is pushing it... It is one thing to respect a sovereign nation's laws, but to leave people to vagabonds... It is not our way. It troubles me... This is not my time. Not my home... Maybe not even my people." He exhales softly and looks up to Rayvon, with a reassuring smile. "I've said too much already. You should go, get their equipment... If mortals should stand alone, there there should be no finer light to show them the way to victory than yours." He slowly rises to his feet, a warm aura seemed to emanate from him as strength surged back into his weary form. He offers Rayvon a hand up onto her feet. "And regardless of the actions of my people, I will be here to help you, until we end the corruption that has taken such roots here."

She takes his hand and smiles softly, leg already feeling better as she rises. As she comes up to stand before him she shuffles herself awkwardly, chuckling, "I am prone to my own failings, but I appreciate it, Gabriel." She flushes, awkwardly drawing her arms about him, trying not to catch on his wings and work with her armor and equipment. "I am really sorry about that, before... I was not expecting..." Rayvon gives a frazzled expression, unsure how to continue, "I should go, though, yes. To help them."

Gabriel hesitates a moment before returning Rayvon's embrace. "Don't apologize for the acts of such a voracious hound. Though it vexes me, I'm certain you will find a way to appropriately respond." He draws her closely, wrapping his wings around her and whispering in her ear. "Beware the tiefling and the drow. They have both been here, in unchecked presence of the demon of wrath. Once we get them to Renalta, we can be sure that neither of them has been seeded with evil, but until then... I would encourage you watch your back, as much as you protect them." He steps back and nods towards the tiefling. "Whether or not you heed my warning, I trust that you will do what is right... Good luck, Rayvon. Be back within the next ten minutes, we cannot stay in one place for too long, not while the Shaman risks his orcs for us." Clenching one of his hands over his chest, he salutes her--a highly respectful act, coming from an angel.

She looks at him, a niggling worry in her heart. He worried so much about Andrea, and yet held her, Rayvon, in such regards still even given her actions today. Had she not shown her failings today as she gave in to temptation and retrieved the sword and fell to wrath herself as she let this place and Kraclaw get the better of her? She tries to push down her concerns as she returns the salute with a small smile, "I will see you in my eyes again soon, Gabriel. Take care until then." With that, she turns on her heel and departs from his side. It was now or never to confront the demonkin.

Aëyr
Tuleria, Unto the Breach

Glancing apologetically towards Quar before returning her focus to the group at hand, the young selkie spoke up. "I agree with Otto—we must be quick, and the gate is our priority. Once it is sealed, we could always retreat and regroup with the rest of our forces—" Aëyr thought back to her previous encounter with the succubus, and a tinge of regret fell upon her as she recalled Abida's death. "Some victories are not worth fighting for," she muttered.

Resolving her mind once more, she continued. "The mages and scouts should be capable of dealing with the flying beasts, but we shall need some way to deal with the burrowing one. It is most versatile, and likely to go after whoever we send to the portal."[/hr]

Toorg - Kingdom of Tuleria
Toorg was among the other Blades, looking around, happy to see them, his grin as goofy as ever stretched across his face. As Aeyr spoke up, Toorg listened carefully to her proposition. He looked to the Selkie. "Toorg has words to say too." his voice booming over the group as he decided to put forth his opinion. "Toorg thinks that good idea. Maybe need distraction? to confuss the beast so others destroy big magic gate." Toorg replied. "Toorg meant confused" he corrected himself, laughing slightly.

He stared towards the direction of the portal, a determined look upon his face. "Toorg will stop monsters from hurting his friends and his home." he uttered with confidence and valor.

"Toorg offers to act as distraction for the diggy monster. Toorg can't move fast, but Toorg can smash hard." He stated his piece and then looked on, awaiting for his comrades to express their own opinions.​

Protector Yuri
Tuleria, Unto the Breach

Yuri shook her head. "Even if we could trick them into moving that far from the gate, those flying creatures could cover the distance easily," she said. "But at the same time, I do agree a distraction is a good idea. What if... I think I may have a plan."

She paused for a second to gather her thoughts before continuing. "They don't know we're here, so if most of us charge over this dune, they'll have little reason to think there's more. That's the strength of the distraction. But so much open sand means they'll spot the others the moment they make their move- that is, unless they don't go over ground. A couple of the Tulerian mages, Arkos, and Otto could make their way to the gatel underground; after the rest of us have started fighting the demons. In the best case scenario, the burrowing creature will be distracted by us, but if not, Arkos and Otto should be able to kill it."

Murd: Renalta

Murd acted quickly, putting down Manbreaker and raising Eric's crossbow he snapped off a shot with it, and then dropping it, broken, as fast before drawing his Khopesh and Spear and charged the robed creature while it was off-balance, if the crossbow bolt from the little crossbow killed her then he'd retask his target for someone else, but at the moment, he was headed to run his spear through her chest and take her head off with the Khopesh.

Daevon: Goblin Holds

Daevon shifts his attention, calling the knives, the ghouls were going to be bigger problem if they got much closer. Instead he turned his blades into a mobile collar intending to sever arteries and whole heads of ghouls if he got the chance throwing all his concentration in making as lethal an approach as possible.

Last edited:
Goblin Hold - Aslo

The breath left him as Nyla snatched him up behind the Golem. Relief plain across his face as he saw the Agent of Gluttony race past, and towards the door of the building. "I'll have to start keeping score if you save me many more times." He flashed a shaken smile before noticing she was already on the move again.

It was then that he was made aware of the oncoming demonic force. Though faltered a bit by the death of their leader it seemed they were still very eager to wipe the Blades out. Aslo instinctively drew his throwing knife and launched it out towards the closest of the ghouls. He nodded to Nyla accepting her plan as he then drew the *Shadevenom* from his pocket. With little more than a thought he threw the small capsules at the ground between them and the oncoming enemies.

With that there was little left to do. He turned back towards the building moving swiftly towards the entrance once again making sure that Nyla was following close with him, with things going so smoothly so far it would be a shame if she were to fall due to negligence on Aslo's part.

Renalta - Dean

Dean would groan lowly at Mikan's comment, he remembered a time when her making light of these things were welcomed, but it was clear upon his face he had changed. Godsplitter had always seemed like more of a burden to him. Better it be in his hands then the Lich he'd seized it from, but all the same the efficiency of it sickened him. At one point battle may have seemed a knightly and virtuous thing, but now it was simply duty. He finally managed a quiet "Anything for a friend." to her before continuing on to the situation.

Initially shocked at the fall of Eric, Dean had picked up enough of the Rheinfelder tongue to understand what he had said, and quickly made a mental note to break the news to the child in person if he could.

Of course before that could be accomplished there stood several obstacles to be overcome. Since knowing Marcus he had never thought himself to be his equal, and he certainly didn't relish going up against him now. However it seemed promising to have the Korsair and Cennick focused on him. Besides that the robed woman was clearly the key here. If she could heal illusory Marcus, and presumably Kouri, it wouldn't do much good to focus on anyone but her. That being said he wasn't in much of a position to close in on her.

"Mikan, flank the robed bitch. That bull is likely to send another bolt her way. You might steal a chance at her."

All that being said, the illusory Kouri had the fire Dean recognized as that of the queen. Prepped and ready to char anyone she so chose. He sighed the sigh of having been here before, and not liking his odds. His plan of attack was to feint towards Marcus, convincingly selling his attack and letting Kouri choose a target, and hopefully catching her off guard as he rushed her instead. He doubted if the small frame of the queen would be able to physically defend herself against the mass of metal and muscle that he was.

If his plan worked, she'd at least be out of commission until the robed woman could heal her which might give the team a chance to capitalize. Otherwise, he was ready to try a dodge or burn in the attempt. As he swung his hammer at Marcus' torso an observant onlooker might have noticed his eyes transfixed upon the queen, waiting for her guard to drop, or for her to choose a target. When his moment came he would strike.

• Shadevenom Smoke: Choking smoke bombs that can be deadly if people stay in the smoke too long, but ultimately used to distract and dissuade pursuit.

Kingdom of Tuleria – Unto the Breach
Arkos Cernunnos

Arkos looks at Yuri with a hint of irritation, "We would be in the beast's domain. It would be a death sentence. As well, I would be in close confines with a templar. It would interfere with my ability to wield magic." He leans on his glaive and peers over the scene, "Otto is right, we ought hit them hard and fast and in a large force to capture their attention while a smaller force slips past, but we can always always bend things towards our advantage."

"I could summon a sandstorm. It would cloak our presence and make it harder for the winged creatures to take flight. Those who have the ranged firing power, hail down upon the heavier targets as the greater of our force closes the distance. Then, as we have taken their attention, a small group will peel off to take the portal." He rolls his shoulders, "I will do my best to track the movements of the burrowing beast through the sands, if we do not manage to fell it."

The Goblin Holds – Antiqua Scientiam
Maeven Lucre

Sweat drips down her brow as she grows anxious hearing the din of battle behind her. She makes the mistake of glancing back and seeing the arms trying to reach out and grasp her. Her heart begins to hammer in her chest as she looks back at the console. It was responding now, she could probably figure it out with just a bit longer. So long as she could concentrate.

Blood splatters over her back. Unamo starts to cough. She glances back. Unamo did not look good. Maeven goes pale. She swears under her breath. "I have Angel's Blood in my bag that can heal her. Get it to her, now." She could not leave the console, not yet. She was so close. If someone did not tend to the amazon, though, there would be hell to pay.

Fafnir's eyes dim to pale ghostlights as he watches the scene unfold. He watches as the one they call Aslo throws the shadevenom. He crouches down on his haunches low and nods to the small humans as they pass, watching the smoke. As soon as he would see the first of the demon creatures begin to exit, he would roar with his augmented voicecaster in order to inspire terror in them and make them think twice about coming closer. Perhaps they would even falter and linger longer in the noxious smoke. Aside from that, he waits and guards the entrance to the room and the small squishy humans inside.[/hr]

Abjaar Korsair - Renalta - The Heart of Darkness.

The disaster of his decision soon dawned on Abjaar as Erik was rendered dead and he was left on the ground, nursing a sharp, hot pain in his chest that felt like a broken rib or two. He didn't have time to swear at himself, or Murderok, or himself. He didn't have time to regret a poorly made decision in the heat of the moment: although that would no doubt be dragged up later, again, and again, and again.

Instead, he worked on rousing himself from his prone position, in time to survey a battlefield gone mad. Cennick was dealing with the downed Marcus, and the new figure was dealing with Kouri, while Murderok continued to bash his head against the wall that was the purple-clad puppeteer. He looked remembered the two wolves in the room, spotting none left alive. Eric had done his job admirably, to the end. As had Dean.

With Cennick dealing with Marcus, Abjaar would have to face off against the Queen once more. "Not Queen, Queen's Illusion." He reminded himself. It seemed that Dean had plans to deal with her, but he did not know how durable the man was against magic. It would be best if Abjaar at least draw the Queen's attention before the man bashed her skull in. Stepping a few feet away from Cen and Marcus, so that there was no chance the sheriff would be caught in the fireball should she throw it, Abjaar lashed out with his hooked chain, hoping to catch the Queen anywhere on her body. He didn't care about getting a good hit, just getting any hit before Dean charged in would be enough. Distracting her, or maybe forcing her to aim at him while Dean introduces the Illusion to his mace would be a small victory. Abjaar ignored the sharp pain in his chest as he whipped at the woman with his chains. He'd dealt with worse pains than this before, and no doubt he would deal with more pains in the very, very near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.