Legend of Renalta 2: Reborn

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Brovo WOOHOO! Toorg survived and now he's ready to do more fuckin up of the demon variety! 8D.

and yes, BEES! I still need to update the CS, but tarry not, I shall!.

Story Traits
(Yes, I'm finally getting to these. :ferret:)​

Applicable achievements have been converted to story traits. All y'all have to do is copy-paste them into your CS so I can refer to them later for dice rolls. Not all characters will receive story traits, and some characters will gain more story traits than others. Story traits can be acquired both in missions and between them, during intermission periods. Politics rewards you as lavishly as conquest can, perhaps more-so in certain ways. Keep in mind that story traits don't translate to all political favours: If you've completed a mission for a political leader and they haven't given you anything, it's probably because you haven't asked.

Laenaia: @Alphakoka
  1. Masquerade: Thanks to a mix of battlefield experience and out of battle experimentation during training, Laenaia's body-shaping capabilities can also be applied to her general stature and face. In a matter of seconds, she can change her physical appearance sufficiently that most will mistake her for someone else, and those few that could discern her for who she is, would need to investigate closely. (Can pull off near-perfect disguises. Cannot change gender or impersonate NPC's... Yet.)
  2. Diana's Brood: Laenaia's been getting a reputation among some of the quieter elements of society for her further embrace of vampirism. Depending on where she is, this could be a boon, or a con. Diana herself may one day take notice of Laenaia's actions... (Depending on where you are, you may either be stalked by vampire hunters, or watched over by some of Diana's elite guard.)
Kasim: @Jorick
  1. Would-be Consort: Kasim's attempts to infiltrate Helénē's heart and loins have not gone unnoticed by Liverians, or the nobility. In fact, it's commonly talked about. The serfs are a fan of him, but the nobility, not so much. (Potential to become Prince. Can likely ask for additional favours from Helénē, anytime he wishes.)
  2. Touched by Darkness: He made a deal with the abomination's wife and held up his end of the bargain. She appreciates this. In her own, strange way. (Sarah Darkhammer has a working relationship with Kasim.)
Esyllt: @Kestrel
  1. Not like the rest!: Esyllt's peculiar gift for telepathy and future telling has evolved somewhat thanks to her combat experiences. After watching others fall in battle, she has become more attuned towards predicting her death in the last moments, and buying herself a little more time. (Once per mission, an attack that would normally kill Esyllt instead only wounds her, as she unfathomably manages to evade at least part of the attack instead.)
Murderok: @Kadaeux
  1. Ethereal Bolts: Given to him as a gift by the Imperium for his service, and in memory of Gryff, his crossbow bolts can be safely fired through allies, and will only materialize when striking enemies or their intended target. They can pass through walls and other barriers, but are stopped by magic resistance. (Self-explanatory. Applies to all of his bolts.)
  2. Contracts: He has old friends he can call upon, from a mercenary company he once called home. (Every mission, atop the regular manpower/artifact bonus, Murderok gains two average mercenaries to assist him.)
Aslo: @Orion
  1. Bag of Rats: A magical bag of seemingly endless rats, which Aslo can unleash at any point in time. He acquired this as a "gift" of sorts, from Florence Merryweather of the Imperium. The Rats seem peculiarly intelligent and can comprehend even sophisticated commands, though the bag itself is not indestructible. (Self-explanatory.)
  2. Kouri's Favour: Aslo's done more than enough to impress upon the Queen of Renalta, and as such, she's more likely to leverage support for anything he asks. (Can ask for additional favours from Kouri, anytime he wants.)
Cennick: @Snakey
  1. Judge, Jury, Executioner: Between his rough-shod past, his appearance that could win awards in horror paintings, and his straightforward dispatching of James the Illusionist's terrorist ways, few would question Cennick if he's on a mission. (Intimidation bonus against everyone, even some demons.)
Abjaar: @Limeypanda
  1. Owes Darkness Her Due: Sarah Darkhammer is still waiting for her side of the bargain...
  2. Retrieved the Crown: The King's Rangers were able to retrieve the spider queen's crown thanks to a deal that Abjaar made. This went straight to the Mage's Guild. They likely owe him a favour now, whether they want to admit that or not. (Self-explanatory.)

Yuri: @HerziQuerzi
  1. Vampirism: The cold embrace has overtaken Yuri, and yet, such curses do have their silver linings. (Malaki's Brood Vampire. Gains bonuses to strength. As she's been recently inducted, she hasn't unlocked any of its powers yet, but when wounded, she has to repress the urge to berserk, and she fights better while wounded.)
Armerza: @Goldmarble
  1. Rational: Where all hope seemed lost, Armerza picked up everything she had and pushed forward. When discussing plans, NPC's will tend to listen to her more than others, thanks to her reputation. (Can better convince NPC's to follow her plans above those of others, and NPC's will generally execute those plans more efficiently than they would otherwise.)

Do stuff in this intermission period to earn more of them. That also goes for recruits. :ferret:

• Masquerade: Thanks to a mix of battlefield experience and out of battle experimentation during training, Laenaia's body-shaping capabilities can also be applied to her general stature and face. In a matter of seconds, she can change her physical appearance sufficiently that most will mistake her for someone else, and those few that could discern her for who she is, would need to investigate closely. (Can pull off near-perfect disguises. Cannot change gender or impersonate NPC's... Yet.)
  • Diana's Brood: Laenaia's been getting a reputation among some of the quieter elements of society for her further embrace of vampirism. Depending on where she is, this could be a boon, or a con. Diana herself may one day take notice of Laenaia's actions... (Depending on where you are, you may either be stalked by vampire hunters, or watched over by some of Diana's elite guard.)
Aww, I lost the higher moral ground reward. :v

I too would like to collab with fellow peeps. I just need to figure out what i'm doing o.o

Is Face-Changer one of Fahim's Alias/ID? :p

I too would like to collab with fellow peeps. I just need to figure out what i'm doing o.o
Well, either pick a player, or pick an NPC I'm controlling. There are countless things to pursue, and as a Queen's Blade, there wouldn't be any question asked as to why, generally. Unless it was something strange or absurd.
Is Face-Changer one of Fahim's Alias/ID? :p
No? I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Eh, I guess if everyone's offering collabs, I may as well go on a recruiting drive!

Currently, I'm planning on having Sebastian follow these plot threads:

1. Davian's War Crimes: Naturally, we could use all the help we can get, especially if we need to resort to more drastic measures to kick Davian out.
  2. Corruption Afoot: Corruption is bad news for us, especially if its somebody important (Maybe it's Kouri! Plot twist :o)
  3. Aid for the Dwarves: I'm wanting to help these guys out, especially since they are more or less our last chance at securing the Underdark.
If interested, VM me on my profile page. Naturally I'd be fine doing random collabs as well, if any of you want.

Valetorias' Mercy: Valetorias demanded, on behalf of The Choir, that his Underdark proposal require the slaughter of any and all Drow in their way—innocent or not. You may yet be able to convince "it" to stand down, if you know how to barter properly.
Y'know, maybe someone can try to sell them the idea of 'if you let them live, you can bind them to your service and have them procreate more bodies for you."
:v

btw @HerziQuerzi any plan on having Yuri deal with her vampirism somehow?

Joke list, doesn't really impact the story at all, but figured I'd throw it out there for fun. :ferret:

Laenaia: "Ooh, maybe... Those shapeshifting powers could be used creatively!" (Would bang.)

Kasim Amibilus: "Threeways! Plus all the teasing possibilities afterwards when the women last longer than him! Who would pass that up?" (Would bang.)

Esyllt Boudica: "I like red heads." (Would definitely bang.)

Aeyr: "Mmm... Ahhh... Maybe. I don't know. It probably smells like a Tulerian dockyard. I don't know if I could get past that." (Might bang, but doesn't like certain physical features.)

Murderok: "Ha! You're a little too big for me honey, I like walking. Sorry." (Would not bang. Not for lack of temptation, though.)

Aslo: "Yep. Yeah. The things I could learn about you from pillow talk..." (Would bang.)

Cennick: "What you lack in looks I'm sure you more than make up for in endurance..." (Would definitely bang.)

Abjaar: "Only if I get to cut it off afterwards." (Would bang if she could sabotage him later.)

Yuri: "I'd say "ooh, fangs!" But that would just make me sad, reminding me of someone else. Besides, it would do you a disservice. Warriors have such wonderful fingers..." (Would bang.)

Armerza: "You wouldn't be the first dwarf, but I'm sure you'd be one of the most memorable. I get a distinct feeling you don't swing this way though, so..." (Would bang, but doesn't think Armerza is bisexual.)

Toorg: "I wouldn't even know how, sorry hon. Oh, and NOT THE BEES! I don't need to risk having them sting places best left untouched." (Would not bang.)

Mars: "You came, you went, you came back. Was it just for little ole me? Well, you know where to find me, you roguish fiend." (Would definitely bang.)

Katinka: "Oooh, just like ice cream! Though, a little bit of advice about Hanus, he likes being in charge. If you get what I mean." (Would bang.)

Kria: "I'm... Not really sure. I've gotta think about this." (Almost too scared to bang.)

Kattalin: "Political dances! Woohoo!" (Would bang.)

Bronwyn: "Oooh, you could just keep reinvigorating us over and over! Hahahahaha yes, yes honey!" (Would definitely bang.)

Praxis: "You're a little too small for me. Besides, if you're anything like your father, you won't have any interest anyway." (Would not bang.)

Kirina: "You seem oddly familiar, like someone else I know and nearly got into the pants of, but ultimately failed. Hmm... Maybe I could make it up with you! Always wanted to know how vigorous a lycanthrope is." (Would bang.)

Doomfist: "Ehhh... Ahhh... Mmm... Yeah, okay. A quick one in a back room wouldn't hurt, but you sound like the kind that boasts far more than they can deliver. Also, your name is dumb. I'm never moaning that." (Would bang.)

Franco: "Conmen are always the most creative and frail inside. I like your type. I almost got married to one, once." (Would definitely bang.)

Bartholomew: "Oooh! Threeway with Kirina?... Okay, okay, no! I get it, you don't fantasize about banging your own daughter! I didn't even know you two were related, sheesh!... So uh... Um... Nice glasses?" (Would like to bang, but isn't sure she can appeal to him.)

Sebastian: "Big ole' Templar with a big ole' sword, used to slaughter gutter rats who didn't conform. Your kind try to murder my kind. I think it's best I not flirt with you until you prove whose side you're on: The Mother's side, or The Father's side..." (Tentative.)

It's a good thing Toorg has "speciall" bees, since he would be foreveralone :c.

@Vio Alright! Good concept, but it just needs some adjustments and work to fit into the universe!

1. So how did the brother character casually acquire souls to put into toys? Other characters have a history of stealing souls and putting them into things (like Esyllt's dad) but were ultimately busted over it. I just want to know how he got his hands on some souls.
  2. "+Father works for the Tulerian Military as an engineer of sorts. Working with them on further bettering their current technological advancements, but still reclusive in mechanist technology as he does not trust human kind with the complex and allusive mechanist technology entirely." <- Yeah no. Denied. That would be a major world changing event right there, and he should be dead. Several times over. For numerous reasons. :ferret: I mean, I can compromise on a mechanist somehow surviving against all odds if he went straight into hiding and never showed his face anywhere of any importance, but beyond that? No. Mechanist technology is absurdly beyond the world standard, so if Mechanist Dad was actually giving tech secrets to the Tulerians, they would either be far more ahead than they are, or Mechanist Dad would be dead. The better solution is to have Mechanist Dad be in hiding rather than part of a faction.
A Mother's Touch(1): Remnants of her mother's soul or aura has been infused with the crystal necklace that Arietta wears. Her father gave it to her as a departing gift when she left for the mage's guild. When Arietta's aura shifts due to the presence of danger or threats the aura infused in the crystal will cover Arietta's skin and body giving her a special armor that will momentarily deflect attacks of any kind. (will only work on occasion or like once every mission?)
The power is acceptable but the soul remnants bit breaks the lore. You can't have remnants of souls because you can't destroy souls. So it should probably just be the mother's whole soul. :ferret:

+ Skewer: Summons skewers in a five mile target area. The spears deal heavy Magic Damage and impales enemies for five seconds, preventing all actions. The skewer's are a magical construct and will vanish after the five seconds. These skewers sap the life out of those they impale and heals minor wounds of fellow the caster and their allies.
This universe doesn't operate on the same logic that the video game that this spell came from does. In that if you are actually impaled by something, you pretty much die instantly. Also, a five mile area of effect is a really, really long range for a spell, leave alone one that has the capacity to instantly kill people. With this spell you could destroy entire towns or armies with the flick of a wrist, so, if you want to keep this, massively reduce that range.
+ Bulwark Ballad: Plays song of the earth. Increases physical and magical defenses of self and allies in a five mile radius.
No. No five mile radius. Your spells can't have the equivalent power effect of thermonuclear bombs. :rotfl: Also, the more people you try to affect with a single spell, the more power is required in order to do so. So giving all friendly NPC's in a five mile radius super armour might literally instantly kill you from power drain alone. Just food for thought: Reducing the range will probably make it more effective anyway, especially if you target specific people or small groups of no more than a dozen.
+ Bloody Chanty: Plays song of the warrior. Increases the strength and speed of allies with in a five mile radius causing them to inflict more damage quicker.
No thermonuclear bombs. No five mile radius. Otherwise it's fine. :ferret:
+ Thwart: Decreases Move Speed, attack damage and attack speed, and healing effectiveness of enemies with in a five mile radius.
No five mile radius. Otherwise it's fine.
+ Comets Boon: Fires a flash of light that deals Physical Damage to all enemies hit (is twice as effective on vampires and other creatures sensitive to the sun/light). Replenishes the energy of all allies it passes and gives a small speed boost. It has an area effect that will stun enemies not directly hit by the attack.
This spell has so many effects on it that I'm just going to tell you now that it will probably always fail. Because it deals damage, replenishes allies, gives a small speed boost, and stun anyone it fails to hit. In other words: It does everything and has no consequences. So, try breaking up this spell into smaller pieces if you want to keep it. :ferret:
+ Conversion Shield: Creates a double energy shield that blocks physical attacks. Absorbs magical attacks and converts it into healing magic, so allies inside the shield will slowly heal and regain energy Lasts for fifteen seconds.
You can't have a button that blocks everything and turns it into healing magic. I can't actually reasonably penetrate that without using spells or creatures so powerful that they should rightfully destroy the whole party. I can't really think of a way to adjust this to make it work either. :ferret:

. I can't really think of a way to adjust this to make it work either.
Have it that it last literally a split second? :v

Have it that it last literally a split second? :v

Nah I already changed it some. Now its kind of like Janna's alt but with out a throw back.

I've retired from forum role playing. Please read the linked blog entry for more information as to why.

It's been fun folks, but, after a couple months of trying to push myself to have fun, and failing, repeatedly... After certain, recent events, involving old friends of mine... I've got a bad taste in my mouth. And the only cure to this is to cut myself off and perhaps revisit this venue of role playing another time. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. Maybe D&D Tabletops will be where I stick it for the next decade, maybe I'll be back in a couple months.

Regardless, consider this a journey of sorts. This ain't goodbye, but this is me cutting my responsibilities and going through changes in my life. Some major changes, even.

Thanks, everyone. I'm sorry you won't be able to see the end of this particular story, but, hey. Look on the bright side. You can always make up your own ending, and nothing I can say can make it any less canon to you. :ferret:

• Thank You
Reactions: Holmishire
Kasim's canon ending is obviously that he ends up with Helene, with Xavier dying at some point along the way due to being irredeemably corrupted by the demon masquerading as his advisor, making him the new King of Liveria after the war settles down. 8D

Anyway, it has indeed been fun. The lack of Brovo roleplays in the foreseeable future means the quality of my overall forum roleplaying experience will certainly diminish, but I'll live through it. Weekly D&D sessions ought to help, heh.

And so the giant topples. I think an Atlas metaphor wouldn't be inappropriate.

Seriously, though. Thanks for well over a year of bi-weekly entertainment. There may have been some rough patches, but overall I'll look back at it fondly.

Status
Not open for further replies.