Legend of Renalta 2: Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
So first of all, apologies from myself and Selvi to those who send us a pm about a possible collab, we've had a crazy two weeks and more craziness to come as to why will become clear with this post.

We are both sad and happy to make this announcement, the sad part:

Myself and Selvi will be sadly, hopefully only temporary, leave this rp due to rl. We discussed it with Brovo and our characters will be put on hold/inactive and in IC terms be send elsewhere to do their own thing/mission off-screen. Hopefully remaining alive so we can return to playing them.

As for the happy part, we are happy to announce that Selvi has become pregnant :babybonnet:

We've already have a few announcements of friends and family wanting to come over to congratulate her/us hence why we will be a bit troubled with time to spend the attention lor deserves.

We hope to return to lor in a few weeks as the initial craziness about the pregnancy has settled down, other than that, keep on gaming.

P.S.

You lot better not make this world descend into the hells while we are gone.
Congrats on that! Best of luck to you all.

I GOT SMITED. SMIIIITED. Child will now wake you every morning by staring at you so intentl you have nightmares.

All right, I'll put the upgrades here for a final approval.

Standard changes:
Slippery
Slippery (Rank 1): You are fully aware of what happens if that war hammer the size of a small child hits you square on the chin. You've decided to make it a priority to learn how to never let that happen, and while you're still learning, you understand at least enough to jump back from a blow before it takes off your head. (Basics of dodging and evasion.)
--Dodge! (Rank 2): As you've refined your instincts, your ability to avoid harm has also grown, and as such whenever an enemy swings at you, there's a solid chance you've already figured out not to be there by the time the swing would connect. (Dodging is quicker and no longer forces your character onto the defensive, and can occur even if your character is caught off guard.)

Awakened Meditation
Rapid Mental Recovery (Rank 2): You have mastered the art of magic to the point where you can recover fully between battles, and have started to develop a small ability to 'steal' and absorb the magic others throw at you. (Basics of spell stealing (passive), this character fully recovers between multiple battles in a single mission.)

Rapid Blows:
Rapid Blows (Rank 1): Sometimes, it's just better to hit something several times in quick succession, instead of trying to hit something really, really hard, and you understand this. Though you aren't too good at hitting specifically vital points with it yet, or keeping it up for very long. In the case of ranged weapons, one takes a hit to accuracy in exchange for increased fire rate. (Basics of attacking rapidly in an effective manner.)

Unique Changes:
Mechanist Bloodline:
Knack for Technology (Rank 2): What most Mechanists tend to learn over time is they don't just have a knack for technology, technology tends to like them. In inexplicable manners. Where it concerns technology, especially advanced technology or Mechanist technology such as firearms or ancient ruins, Mechanists are able to wield them and use them merely by touching them as though they completely understood their applications. Ex: Touch a door and it opens, grab a rifle of unknown configuration and you know instinctively how to use it, et cetera.

Alchemist's Kit:
Advanced Alchemy: Where previously Gremlock could not make potions without knowing the requisite magic, some experimentation with the mechanics behind One Thousand Trick Shots has allowed him to put just about anything he can think of in those bottles. It should be noted though that, at present, these potions cannot go above Basic level strength. Additionally, he's looked at using less mana for his potions overall. (Active: Can now put any spell that could normally be cast by a mage into a bottle, but only at Basic strength. Passive: All spell potions cost a little less mana to make)

New Unique:
Mechanist's Weapon:
Gremlock has invested time and money into making a new weapon, realizing that a simple musket just isn't going to cut it. The weapon is a modification of the Trusty Musket, and as of yet, it's main feature is a lever that allows for switching into one of two modes. It either features faster reloading with a reduction to accuracy (Rapid Blows), or a heavier blasting shot at the cost of higher recoil and a slightly lower fire rate (Heavy Blows). While it has no fancy bells or whistles yet, with some modifications it can become quite devastating. (Gives Gremlock access to a custom weapon)
Finally finished this up. I decided to leave the Seven Deadly Concoctions for the next level, as it's probably going to be really dang powerful.

I GOT SMITED. SMIIIITED. Child will now wake you every morning by staring at you so intentl you have nightmares.

Murderok: "If you're not going to wake me up with a blowjob, go away." *Rolls over and starts snoring again.*

Abjaar definitely should've taken the news of the Crown to the Valsharess rather than Alexandria. Drama > logic any day and erry day.

Murderok: "If you're not going to wake me up with a blowjob, go away." *Rolls over and starts snoring again.*
"Man once asked me for blowjob in the arena. I cut his penis off, and bludgoned him to death with it. I have been told it was a waste of a perfectly good cock. I am not sure where poultry comes in to it."

"Man once asked me for blowjob in the arena. I cut his penis off, and bludgoned him to death with it. I have been told it was a waste of a perfectly good cock. I am not sure where poultry comes in to it."
Welp. Child now occupies a special place in my nightmares, and yet strangely also in my heart.

He got a rigid refusal, eh?

"See, you can just go away then. If you change your mind fine with me, until then go away." Murd resumes snoring.

Minstrol votes Underdark, unless she finds out the Crown /isn't/ there or for any other good reason.

I did the double posting in the IC thing again. I regret nothing.

Also, people who haven't voted yet, pls, vote for Liveria. I dunno about you guys, but I think we should probably try to save Princess Helénē from getting raped to death by orcs and demons. ._.

Hrm...

Screw it, I'm moving Gremlock to Imperium/Amazon mission. Not sure about a good IC reason right now, but OOC I think having a second Renalta would be absolutely huge. Not to mention Goblin Holds is almost certain to get taken at this point.

WIP backup character . Basic of the current trait scores of recent upgraded charachters.

Biographical Section

Name: Marie Rouxemburg aka "Red Marie"
Race: Human.
Sex: Female
Appearance:
7424ba3ec93336958d1b54676d45a53a.jpg

Tall, built, where there was once wirey strength, there is now nurtured and well honed muscle. Being the wife of a blacksmith has its perks. That and Marie has enemies from her past, and made sure she kept training after settling down.

Homeland: Kingdom Of Renalta. "Born and raised, plundered, caught and pardoned."

History:
History:

"Ain't never been anyone like Marie, and thank gods for that."

Red Marie is something of a local legend. The brigand turn defender of the small township Tornedahl was born Renaltan, and if you ask her, she'll die like one to. She was the only child to a poor farmers couple who had fallen out favor with the local hotshots. This was at the time gods were still a thing of course, and her parents were devout believers. Marie herself was not. Not ever.

The girl was somewhat underfed, but had a vicious fire to her, a troublemakers mind and natural talent to piss off any authority in her presence. She wasn't exactly the candidate for a future spouse, and so what few suitors she had she refused and downright scared away. She was much a tomboy, preferring to play the knight as a kid and as she grew up she began to sneak away to watch the lads wrestle. It was during one of these excursions away from home, her parents farm was struck by lightning. The barn caught on fire, and the family lost what little they had.

Marie, recognizing just how big of a problem her family now faced, told her parents not to worry. She gave them what little she had saved up trough the years and sent them to Tornedahl, a township where a friend of hers ran a Inn. She later found out her parents had not made it there, but instead opted to leave for some other place where they apparently had friends of their own. Marie was abandoned.

Well, Marie didn't fret. She was 18, clever as a fox and about as pleasant to deal with as a angry badger. She took the job as bartender at her friends Inn until one day, she found a dying man during one of her little poaching runs outside of town. The man was riddled with arrows, and from the look of him he had been a unsavory type. Marie herself can't really recall why she took te mans weapons and shield and hid them. But she would sneak out at night and practice by herself. That very fire she had since a child was now burning like a bonfire inside her. This was how she met Tomas. Tomas was a dashing, arrogant rogue. A bandit and highway man who was part of a small crew. The lot had been in town to celebrate something when Tomas tried grab Maries posterior. Marie had responded by breaking two of his fingers and used a water chalice to knock Tomas best friend out as he got up. This is impressed the leader of the crew, a man known as Elaf Hamsten. Elaf asked where Marie had learned to fight, she answered truthfully, djr self taught and honed by life. Elaf asked her if she wanted to take part of his little get rich scheme.TO join his band of misfits.

Tired of waitering tables, she accepted. She became Red Marie and for the next 5 years she climbed the ranks and had face on numerous wanted posters. The vichius bandit was one for getting close and personal with her opponents and many a man feared fighting her alone. Somwhere during this period, Elaf had taken a fatal blow, and Marie and Tomas had ended up feuding over the position as new leader. Tomas in the end was stronger, but not even half the bastard that Marie was. To this day, the town of Torndahl sing the song "Tomas Testless" in their pubs. Five more years would pass with Marie as the pack leader before the next pivotal event took place.

At the end of the Gods banishment, pockets of fanatics still wandered, still remained. Some of these would find themselves in Tornedahl. They would sieze the town, and claim that as they were all Renaltans, they had to suffer for what their queen had done. This didn't sit well with Marie and her boys who used the town as a hideout. While their reasons were their own, they still gave their lives and blood to defend the town. At the end, Marie decided to take charge of the local militia and travel from town to town to help root out similair problems. When word reached the Renaltian Queen, one of her captains set out to find Marie. Of course, Marie was soon realized to have been the local terror that was Red Marie, but in light of her change of purpose, she was Pardoned on the basis that any crime against the crown would lead to her very immediate end and that she would help train and lead the town guard. Marie, who was already tired with living on the run, accepted on the basis the Captain outdrank her. He did, much to everyone surprise. The Captain, a fellow name Joseph Rouxemburg , turned out to be father of the local blacksmith, Kain Rouxemburg . A blacksmith Marie was actually in a relationship with at the moment and who's child she carried. With all the pieces falling in place, Red Marie was ready to become Marie Rouxemburg.

Ten more years passed. Another conflict blossomed. Around the time the demon problems began in earnest, Marie found that the many conflicts raging across the world had led to deserters taking up position in her old camp. Not one to dawdle, she rounded up her old boys and some of the new blood in the city guard and led them towhat ended up being a somewhat unfair ambush on the poor sons of bitches.

When the local army recruiter later rode trough town, a man wearing the Queens Blades emblem rode with him. The man sought their house out and asked if the rumors of Red Maries return was true. Upon conversing with Marie, the former Brigand realized how much was at stake. SO once more, Red Marie rode into battle. This time not for gold, but to give her kids a future free of brimstone.

Motivation: To assure that her children have a future to look forward to.

Traits & Equipment

General Traits

• Defender (Rank 3):
    Adrenaline (Rank 1):
    Endurance Training (Rank 2): .
    Slippery (Rank 2):

Unique Traits
  • Born Bastard;
    1) Brigand.
    A skilled swordshand is not all she is, the talented Red Marie" has a long storied career of highway robbery and cuthroat buisness behind her. She was for ten years one of the most notorius bandits in all of Renalta. This has translated into a vast knowledge of how to ambush, encircle and cover your retreat.

2) Everyone Bleeds.
    For someone who lived half her life on the road, killing people and taking their things, some essential truths come to light. One is that everyone bleeds. If fighting a organic target, the brigands instincts drive her blows towards nicking enemies every chance she can get. Causing bleeding that only gets worse for each little wound.
  • Shield Master;
    1)Unorthodox.
    Watching Red Marie fight with her unique shield is a thing of morbid beauty. Her movements are fluid despite her size, instincts lead her to angle and glance blows away from her and the katar like blade gives her a terrible edge towards enemies caught unaware.

2) Inside Track.
    a great thing about a blade on your shield, is that if you deflect a blow from the side or let i glance of you, it allows you to punch that blade forward. Marie has made this into a main principle, and can in a moment turn a deflected blow into a dealy counter strike.
  • Battle Tested;
    1) Analytic Mind
    Marie has fought for a long time, and she has learned that if you keep your head down, your eyes open and your mind calm, you can make it out of most situations. Keeping a leveled head is one of the strongest assets a fighter can have.
(You may also select one trait to upgrade from the beginning. You get to decide what those upgrades entail, since this is a trait made to make your character unique and individualized--truly yours.)

Equipment List

Long Sword; Just a regular long sword made in steel. Nothing fancy, it's balanced in her hand enough to do the job.

Bladed Shield. The round shield wielded by Red Marie is a thing of legend to the folks who lived in her neck of the woods. The shield is sturdy, made in banded iron with some extra wood behind it. Its not the lightest for its size, but its a far cry from being as cumbersome as most knight shields. Its most noticable feautre is 9 inches blade that is attached to his handle. Jutting out so that it is perfect to punch with, it is the bread and butter of the Red Maries fighting style.

Rope

Rations.

Frying pan.

Personal Section

Romance: "That's cute. I allready have three kids and a husband."
Does the Kouri Plushie exist?: "I sure hope so, My youngest won't shut up about it."

Signature: Sure. Go ahead. Kill a mother of three. See if I care. (;_;)

And yes. I legit went from, "if Child dies. The next character is a mother."

Last edited by a moderator:
Next unique: Ballistic Babies

Child Upgrades (level ding is heard!)

General;
Slippery 2
Hard hitting 3
Endurance 3

Unique;

Spirit Host from 1 to 2: Road to recovery.
If you spend enough time being hounded, you grow thicker skin. If you spend enough time drinking, your liver eventually goes.
If you spend enough time being tortured by spirits and using them to wield extra power, you learn to become more effecient.
Childs last encounter taught her to really reel in a spirit, and gain more control of its impulses, turning it into a bigger boost of power.
She has meditated on this now, and her mind is a very different beast from before. The road to mastering the spirits has just begun,
but it is evident she is making progress.

Gladiatorial Fighting 2 to 3; Echos of the Past.
Child knows she can never escape the past fully. She has accepted it now, and her background as a price fighter for the nobles of Free Holds is serving her well. She has grown more ferocious, her style of fighting gory, no-nonsense brawl style that utilize all her strengths to its maximum potential. She is frightening to behold on the battlefield.

new unique;

Back To Back (Situational, passive)
When fighting with a trusted ally, Child has learned to steer the battle more in her favor, using her ally to cover her weaknesses and vice versa.
Approved.

MISSIONS
The following players have yet to select a mission. (Meaning A. You haven't voted, B. I missed your vote, C. You're currently a 'float vote'.)
The deadline to select a mission has been postponed to: Saturday the 14th. Pick a mission by this date! If you pick it early, I can do companions early. :ferret:

You can find missions here, as a quick reminder. Remember: Only five can be active, and if the mission you vote for doesn't become active, you'll be able to choose from the available spots on the missions that did go active. If you want some advice about which missions are most likely and which are least likely to occur...

Near Guaranteed (3+ votes): Kingdom of Renalta, The Imperium/Amazons, The Goblin Holds, The Kingdom of Tuleria.
Touch-and-Go (2 votes): Kingdom of Liveria, The Underdark Coalition.
Unlikely (1 vote): The Free Holds.
Don't Bother (0 votes): Kingdom of Rheinfeld, The Choir.

Status
Not open for further replies.