Legend of Renalta 2: Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limey, they allied with the Renalta's "cause", no? Why would it be any different from allying themselves with the demons? In both ways, they gain something out of it, and if they gain something out of it that would benefit them, then I am SURE they will do it.

And the mission itself is an internal fight because of each other's distrust. Why not just let them handle it on their own? It is not like a demon threat is there. It's a Mindflayer threat (And, of course, and internal threat)

This being said, again, is my point of view. I can't say your point of view is wrong, cause it might be (probably is) true. I simply see this as being a pointless mission to spend our resources on for THIS mission at least.

Also, there's a Crown in the Underdark, which is worth a size able amount of coin if collected, in all likelihood. Let's not forget THAT.

Also, there's a Crown in the Underdark, which is worth a size able amount of coin if collected, in all likelihood. Let's not forget THAT.

"Retrieve our stolen crown so that you can pawn it off for profit."

Limey, they allied with the Renalta's "cause", no? Why would it be any different from allying themselves with the demons? In both ways, they gain something out of it, and if they gain something out of it that would benefit them, then I am SURE they will do it.

And the mission itself is an internal fight because of each other's distrust. Why not just let them handle it on their own? It is not like a demon threat is there. It's a Mindflayer threat (And, of course, and internal threat)

This being said, again, is my point of view. I can't say your point of view is wrong, cause it might be (probably is) true. I simply see this as being a pointless mission to spend our resources on for THIS mission at least.

I'll use a real world metaphor.

"We shouldn't bother defending that bridge behind our lines now, the riflemen there can hold it for now we should devote our time to something else"

And then you'll be surprised when the riflemen are overrun and the enemy is pouring in behind our lines.

The idea isn't to help the Drow and Dwarves because we like them. The idea is to help them to keep the single most powerful strategic location in the game out of the Demons hands. If their alliance fails, we lose access to them AND the underdark and so when the Demons DO take control of it, (And it is a when, not an if, should the alliance fail and they withdraw any interest in the Blades) they have a literally limitless and unassailable position that can, in all likelyhood, do this...

Because were I the main GM, giant demon worms to sink cities would definitely be a thing.

Reactions: Alphakoka and Maxim
Biographical Section

Name: Sonia
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Appearance:

nDT8kySl.jpg

Except ignore those stupid shoes.

Homeland: Liveria

History:
Born the daughter in a nameless farming family, Sonia had a humble upbringing. She was to learn to take after a house and a family, and that would be her motivation from life. But destiny took a different path, for when she was young she discovered her affinity to magic. On occasion objects would splinter in her hands, the animals would go into a frenzy, or things would break as she passed them. Her parents did not grow fearful at first, they figured it bad luck. It was only when the symptoms grew more rampant did they take notice, when the animals had inexplicably died overnight, when the crops withered after the rain, and when every object in the little girls room had shattered. Before Sonia had even shared her magic with someone else, she had inflicted it upon herself unknowingly. In their fear they surrendered her to strangers, mages claiming to offer tutelage.

It was under their instruction Sonia learned to control magic, and under their whims she learned to turn it to a weapon. They intended to build her strong, and push her to the limits of her abilities that she might surpass them. They pushed her relentlessly and she despised them for it. They taught her to kill then searched for her breaking point, and they found it as they drowned. They had been monsters in their teaching, but their brutal methods prevented one as well. The control Sonia had learned from them did not die as they did. She searched for her place after their deaths.

The dark energy that accompanied the growing demon presence was like a beacon to Sonia. A horrible energy of destruction was released unto the world, an energy more destructive than she imagined could exist. It was Queen Kouri who responded, and it was under her banner sorts from all walks of life could fight to exist.

Relations

- - - / + + +

Armerza - Disliked: A dwarf thinks it can tell me what to do?

Elrithos / Neutral: Seemed Nice

Fahim / Neutral: He's no human, but he's not of the the sideshow either. He saved me but also had assaulted my pride.

Gremlock - Disliked: He's a goblin.

Minstrol / Neutral: I never understood what she was saying.

Sloth + Liked: She is such a powerful Mage at such a young age.

Viera + Liked: She saved my life and she is a spell caster, but she hasn't talked much.

General Traits

Raw Talent I
Apprentice III

Mysticism unlocked
Hydromancy unlocked

Awakened Meditation II
Wells of Power II
Dodge I

Unique Traits

• Cat's Eye Charm- An orange and black stone which can be activated by Sonia to gift a friendly player with the ability to see in the darkest conditions. (Night-Vision, but is useless against darkness set on by magic or illusions.)
  • Turtle Charm I- A wood carved figurine of a turtle. When magic is channeled through the figure a friendly player is gifted with a degree of protection against the next magical attack made against them. (Additional ranks increase the protection given)
  • The Trap- A small wooden card with the likeness of a bear-trap and bell burned unto its face. Sonia can run mystical energies through the card to place a buff on a target's mind. If another mage, friendly or hostile, attempt to use any form of telepathy with the target, the telepath will be dazed. The telepath will hear an ear deafening screech that will render thought nearly impossible during its duration. (Its important to note only the intruding mage will hear the screeching, and even once they activate it there is no way to know who tripped it unless they give away some physical indicator [such as they suddenly wince and clench their ears])
The effectiveness of a curse in play is to be decided by a GM.
  • Sunken Lungs (Curse)- If a ring, necklace, or some other small object is given to Sonia as a gift, then the gift is cursed with Sunken Lungs. If the object is submerged in water the owner of the object will suffocate as long as the item remains submerged.
  • Drought of the Tongue (Curse)- A curse is laid upon anyone who would share a drink with Sonia, so that when the liquid passes their tongue they will come under a spell of dehydration and begin to mummify.
  • The Mending Touch (Curse)- A bare wound Sonia touches will immediately begin to fester and rot, and sickness will consume the victim from the inside out. [Even herself]

Equipment List
Traveling Clothes
Arming Sword
Assorted stones and trinkets
Imperial Missive
Canteen of water
Amulet of the Sand God [Taken from Elrithos]

Personal Section

Romance: Sure
ie exist?: yes

Signature: Atlas Child

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Also, it should be noted that I am of the opinion that Teluria is probably beyond saving. It will take two mission slots to bring it back from the brink, because if we only deal with the demons, we'd still have to deal with the undead.
I just asked Brovo about this. Specifically, I asked "How big of a threat to Tuleria is that lich currently? Like is he just a pain in the ass, or is he a legitimate threat to destroy the country?" Here's his answer:

[10:16:48 PM] Brovo: A constant irritation that has existed for several decades, who has never had the power to destroy Tuleria.
[10:16:54 PM] Brovo: Given demon influence he does have that power though.
[10:17:10 PM] Brovo: So if you keep demon influence in his general area (Rheinfeld-Liveria-Tuleria-Blood Sea) down to a minimum, his ability to do things is handicapped.
[10:17:23 PM] Brovo: On the other hand, take him out entirely, and he obviously stops being a threat. :p

So it's not a matter of taking these two missions now or else Tuleria is boned. The lich can be dealt with later without Tuleria getting destroyed. I figure if we save Tuleria now, their mission next round will quite possibly be "um hey that lich is fucking scary and seems to have demonic help now, pls do something."

Reactions: Brovo
So first of all, apologies from myself and Selvi to those who send us a pm about a possible collab, we've had a crazy two weeks and more craziness to come as to why will become clear with this post.

We are both sad and happy to make this announcement, the sad part:

Myself and Selvi will be sadly, hopefully only temporary, leave this rp due to rl. We discussed it with Brovo and our characters will be put on hold/inactive and in IC terms be send elsewhere to do their own thing/mission off-screen. Hopefully remaining alive so we can return to playing them.

As for the happy part, we are happy to announce that Selvi has become pregnant :babybonnet:

We've already have a few announcements of friends and family wanting to come over to congratulate her/us hence why we will be a bit troubled with time to spend the attention lor deserves.

We hope to return to lor in a few weeks as the initial craziness about the pregnancy has settled down, other than that, keep on gaming.

P.S.

You lot better not make this world descend into the hells while we are gone.

• Love
Reactions: Kestrel and Brovo
1) I did not start with dodge, so I only have rank 2, not rank 3 unfortunately. Hopefully all this running around the skill tree won't end up hurting me.

2) Any chance you could show me the roll on the Mechanist Bloodline before I decide? I'll probably say yes I just want to make sure it's not going to mess with another unique.

3) For the upgrade to Alchemist's Kit, I was actually planning on using an idea somebody had posted on making ludicrously dangerous substances. Problems I ran into were A) The technology to make said chemicals probably doesn't exist in Renalta (yet, gogo Steampunk Renalta 3?) and B) I'd never be able to store them. Right now I'm thinking about making a list of more chemical type stuff but if anyone has any input I'd be happy to hear it.
1) Got it. That's fine, just set the ranks yourself on your sheet, up to rank 2. :ferret:

2) Mechanist Bloodline Rank 2: What most Mechanists tend to learn over time is they don't just have a knack for technology, technology tends to like them. In inexplicable manners. Where it concerns technology, especially advanced technology or Mechanist technology such as firearms or ancient ruins, Mechanists are able to wield them and use them merely by touching them as though they completely understood their applications. Ex: Touch a door and it opens, grab a rifle of unknown configuration and you know instinctively how to use it, et cetera.

3) That would be thanks to @Alphakoka and remember...

magic.jpg

Does it still count when you approved them out of site already? :ferret:
Yes. Post them on site so I can review them, so I have the public log to refer to in case I get confused about something. :ferret:
Also, I think everyone here shares my sentiments when I say I really appreciate your dedication to this RP. This is the only RP i've been able to stick with, and I think its due to how well you handle things as GM. It's also pretty nice knowing how stable it is, the sense of permanency lends itself to the fun factor.
I really appreciate this right now. More than you realize. Thank you.
My dreams of riding a giraffe into battle is one step closer.
5749237064_6a2455cc47.jpg

Elrithos' Custom Upgrade:

Desert Raider Party Tactics (Rank I): The Aavikkanians have no shame in saying they raid merchants and caravans when the opportunity comes for them to gather supplies, especially after the Exile. And so, they have learned to work in close cooperation which each other to successfully strike enemies or strike back on other raiders attacking them.

+ When in combat with one or more allies versus no more than 2 enemies engaged in direct melee combat, Elrithos offers bonuses to his allies.
Approved.
Upgrade unique trait "Eyes and Ears" to Rank II
Ominous Reputation: Word has spread through several criminal organizations, if there's something you need done there's one man to contact that you can be sure will come through. That man of course is Aslo, and in the shady circles of the realm his name is well trusted, and feared. (Beings that deal with criminal organizations are likely to be intimidated if Aslo's name is mentioned. Crime bosses will more frequently contact him with jobs)

New unique traits -
Cross "T"s, Dot "I"s: Sometimes in the field of work in which Aslo works there is a requirement for orders or documents that need official seals or signatures. In his years of work Aslo has developed a keen skill for forging these things if he's seen it often enough, or if it isn't too complex. (Basics of forging documents and signatures)

Creative: A wise man once said that anything can be a weapon if you're holding it right, this saying holds true where Aslo is concerned. Whether it's a splintered piece of lumber, or an actual weapon that he's never used Aslo will find a way to make it work.
Approved.
  • Plotting the Course: Not only has she practised firing at moving targets, she has also mastered the art of a moving reference. Gone are the days where she must halt her chase to aim. (Just as good at aiming projectiles while running/swinging/whatever as when immobile.)
  • Reclaim and Recoil: When ammunition is scarce or the opponent better armed, an enemy's tool can serve just as well as an ally's. She has trained her reflexes beyond mere dodging to reclaiming the danger herself. (Chance to catch dodged projectiles.)
  • Ricochet: It can be useful to have a couple tricks at hand when a target is not directly in one's sights. (Can ricochet sling-shots off of walls, ceilings, or other nearby surfaces for a chance to hit targets behind cover.)
Approved, Legolas.

Valkyujra's trait upgrades

General Traits

Wells of Power (Rank 2)

Endurance Training (Rank 2)

Acrobatic (Rank 2)
--Free Runner (Rank 3)

Awakened Meditation (Rank 2)

Unique Traits

Chronomancer's Mantra -
Mantra 1:
With the voice of an Angel, compiled into endless years of continuous conditioning under the strange monks guardianship, Valkyujra has now developed a voice that rattles time itself. Singing this Mantra at her target inflicts a premonition unto them, they move with more confidence and have a heightened Dexterity while within ear shot of her voice.

Mantra 2: This Mantra allows her to see into several possible futures, This Mantra requires safety and recoup periods. It takes 12 hours to complete.

Mantra 3: unknown

Mantra 4: unknown ((Involves touching)).

Mantra 5: unknown

Harrowing Insight -
Rank 1: Valkyujra cannot see, but she makes up for this through other heightened senses, by just listening to a voice she can hear its intent. Their intentions ((alignment)) revealed.

Rank 2: She can hear lies louder than truths.

Remedial presence - Passive -
Rank 1: Valkyujra has descended down a long line of holy angels, this Blood that runs through her veins, though diluted by human blood, remains potent enough that its power is recognized by all. Allies and aligned individuals, within range of Valkyujra, are cured of poison, disease, and sometimes even demonic possession.

Rank 2: Enemies are physically weakened within this presence, while allies stave of death

Rank 3: (Male Companion buff) Valkyujra can dance, and unlike anything most in the realm have ever seen. With otherworldly pivots, gravity defying acrobatics and beyond sensual movements, her graceful dance can distract enemies, persuade men, and captivate women ((CHARISMA WHORE)). This is mainly used for entertainment, but doesn't hurt to have a hot girl dancing around when shit hits the fan. Valkyujra's dance can amplify the main general trait of the opposite sex by 1 rank for the entirety of her performance and for remainder of the encounter. ((This trait boost is only for the males, there will be something for the woman if i make it to the next upgrade. oh yea and if your char is blind and can't see the dance then I'm sorry :( ))

Renalta's Halo - grants limited vision of those around her (within 30 feet) as visages of light or darkness depending on alignment from a holy perspective.

1 Unique Trait Point left in reserve
We discussed these in private, so yes, approved for the sake of public record. :ferret:

Wells of Power 2

Magisync (Rank 2): Ever wondered why older mages never seem to get lost except when they want to be? It helps that the five Wells of Power are located north, south, east, west, and straight at the center of the planet, each respectively, always giving them a general sense of where they are. This also extends magic detection to artifacts, allowing them to sense the presence of magic artifacts when in close proximity. (Magic detection more precise, built-in compass, magic detection extended to artifacts.)

Endurance Training 2

Take em' (Rank 2): You've upgraded from practising against target dummies to practising against living targets, sparring partners. Back and forth for hours, you've learned the harsh lesson that victory goes not necessarily to the person who hits the hardest, but the one who remains standing when all is said and done. (Blows which would normally daze or momentarily stun have a chance to be negated entirely.)

Free Runner 3

Tools of the Trade (Rank 3): You've mastered usage with basic tools such as grappling hooks and can even use them mid-combat. Atop this, you've also started to master far more advanced tools, ones you can use exclusively, such as primitive wingsuits, or combat foam to soften unintentionally long falls... (Mastery of acrobat's tools. Please list them in your items section!)

Awakened Meditation 2

Rapid Mental Recovery (Rank 2): You have mastered the art of magic to the point where you can recover fully between battles, and have started to develop a small ability to 'steal' and absorb the magic others throw at you. (Basics of spell stealing (passive), this character fully recovers between multiple battles in a single mission.)

Question, is the Archangel from the Free Holds mission bound to the servitude of whoever 'acquires' him? Or will he serve Rashad if Rashad's mission goes as planned? Or is this just us waking up a GM NPC?
Bound to Rashad, supposedly. In all likelihood, being a powerful angel archetype, it'll serve whoever fights the nine hells until the threat is destroyed, then it won't know what to do with itself and won't be bound to a master. Unless it has found what it is looking for, at that point. What that is, I cannot say.

It's a powerful tool, and a living being. If you choose it, it'll help you, rest assured that it will, and it'll ensure Rashad's stable rule in the Free Holds as a bargaining/bluffing chip until the nine hells threat is resolved. However, the question thus remains...

Do you sacrifice another country's needs for this? In what will likely cause thousands of deaths? :ferret:
I'm a badass who lead a team of internationally recognized super-agents to retrieve a demi-god from a frozen wasteland across a magical barrier, and who has a reputation of assassinating members of my opposition with said internationally recognized super-agents.

Twice now, I have shown to be in the direct favour of this international organization—who has leapt to help me with whatever I deem useful—and which now includes a demigod.
I love you.
Man we are so divided.
Indeed. :ferret:

Now for some clarifications. Which, just so you all know, you can ask for at any time.

Underdark: Nobody wins if the demons win, even the Drow know that. They're conniving schemers, not morons. They'll bluff and play their cards however they can to end up on top. (Figuratively or literally.) They may still walk away from the Queen's Blades, but they won't willingly turn to the demons. They sell slaves, they aren't themselves going to agree to become slaves. :ferret:

However, agreement means little to the demons, so if the coalition falls, it'll be tough for the independent factions to keep fighting against the demon threat without some serious damage starting to befall them.

Imperium/Amazons: A lot of this has to do with the Imperium's "Dream of Empire" and their ideal state of existence. They believe, sincerely, that creating a united power base in the north will let them act as a Second Renalta in terms of stability and policing. Remember, even though Renalta got dumped in the first wave of missions, it stood up quite handily to a direct terrorist attack. Mikan's child was a tragedy, but an isolated tragedy, because Renalta is a very secure place against demons by its very nature.

So basically, think of it this way: The Underdark Coalition stops demons from infiltrating from beneath the surface. If the coalition breaks down, they'll struggle for themselves, and demons will begin to infiltrate from underneath in any kingdom they so choose. Not in great numbers, but they can start forming raiding parties to harass people before fleeting into the dark unless you put a stop to that. The Imperium/Amazon alliance would provide a corruption-resilient stronghold in the northern part of the continent that would, for all tense and purposes, behave as a second Renalta, being a beacon for unity and protectionism.

Do you want a second HQ and further stability on the surface, or do you want to prevent demons from using the underdark as an attack-any-country free card? The choice is yours. Obviously.

@Atlas Child Sonia is approved. Well, Sonia: The Beta Version is approved. Keep in mind that her unique kill traits (sunken lungs, drought of the tongue, mending touch) may not always kill but instead debilitate or KO a target where appropriate.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone: Mission slots have been reduced to four per mission from five to account for less players. The system is actually where it should be now. Overflow works. :ferret:

MISSION VOTES

Kingdom of Renalta
  1. Murderok. ( @Kadaeux )
  2. Zinnarath Corsys. ( @Jorick )
  3. Sheriff Cennick "Cen" Greenborough. ( @Snakey )
  4. Slot 4
  5. NPC Companion 1
  6. NPC Companion 2

The Imperium/The Amazons
  1. Elrithos "Sand Runner". ( @Rain of the Night )
  2. Slot 2
  3. Slot 3
  4. Slot 4
  5. NPC Companion 1
  6. NPC Companion 2

Kingdom of Rheinfeld
  1. Slot 1
  2. Slot 2
  3. Slot 3
  4. Slot 4
  5. Slot 5
  6. NPC Companion 1
  7. NPC Companion 2

Kingdom of Liveria
  1. Kasim Amibilus. ( @Jorick )
  2. Slot 2
  3. Slot 3
  4. Slot 4
  5. NPC Companion 1
  6. NPC Companion 2

The Goblin Holds (Mission full)
  1. Daevon van de Scathis Venderland. ( @Kadaeux )
  2. Doctor Steven "S" Adian Gremlock. ( @Maxim )
  3. Esyllt Boudica. ( @Kestrel )
  4. Child.
  5. NPC Companion 1
  6. NPC Companion 2

The Free Holds
  1. Laenaia. ( @Alphakoka )
  2. Slot 2
  3. Slot 3
  4. Slot 4
  5. NPC Companion 1
  6. NPC Companion 2

The Underdark Coalition
  1. Abjaar 'Bastille' Korsair. ( @Limeypanda )
  2. Slot 2
  3. Slot 3
  4. Slot 4
  5. NPC Companion 1
  6. NPC Companion 2

The Kingdom of Tuleria
  1. Filomena Peláez; Nicknames: "Yoloyaotl" ( The One who has a Heart for War ) "Frankañaño" ( Forthright Friend ). ( @Elendra )
  2. Aeyr. ( @Holmishire )
  3. Protector Yuri. ( @Herzinth )
  4. Slot 4
  5. NPC Companion 1
  6. NPC Companion 2

The Choir (Blood Sea)
  1. Slot 1
  2. Slot 2
  3. Slot 3
  4. Slot 4
  5. NPC Companion 1
  6. NPC Companion 2

Float Vote (Aka: Votes that have zero value due to indecision on the part of the voter, but which will be counted as a preference when voting ends for auto-assigning and resolving purposes.)

Elrbetrt Westfeld. ( @Fubuki ) VOTE: Liveria or Tuleria, "whichever has less people in it."

Draza Zorya. ( @Elendra ) VOTE: Rheinfeld or Liveria.

If I missed any votes, feel free to inform me.

Last edited:
As @Brovo requested:

Laenaia's unique upgrades:
  • --Faceless One (2): Taking notes from Fahim, Laenaia learned how to take her gift further. She can now alter herself much faster and seamlessly mimic another's outer appearance. On top of that, she also learned how to weaponize it by making bone growth over her hands and arms. Anything beyond 'unsheating' claws from her fingernails is a slow painful and tiring process however.
  • --Mind Dive/sync: Laenaia flare out with her Mind into another's and (attach/tag/words/blah) herself to it allowing her to fully read what her target was doing, thinking and attached surface memories. During this, Laenaia's body is left in a trance. The process is fairly intrusive and prolonged use will leave both Laenaia and her target with an intense headache depending on how long she Dived and prevent her from doing it again for several hours to days. Too much usage (or hitting the wrong person) might lead to Laenaia losing who she was and needing someone else to break her out of her trance.
  • --Thought Shed: After some attempts, Laenaia figured how to intercept a thought of those she was synced with and insert her own thoughts to be done by the other. Still, it was still a crude effort and too much effort in trying to drive a thought would give her attempt out. (Can implant a thought/order and make the person Laenaia syncing with do it. The more specific and drastic the thought/order, the more noticeable that someone was influencing their decision. Also, better sync ratio and length.)
Also, she's requisitioning Seal of the Trader.

Last edited:
Sonia for Amazons.

All right, I'll put the upgrades here for a final approval.

Standard changes:
Slippery
Slippery (Rank 1): You are fully aware of what happens if that war hammer the size of a small child hits you square on the chin. You've decided to make it a priority to learn how to never let that happen, and while you're still learning, you understand at least enough to jump back from a blow before it takes off your head. (Basics of dodging and evasion.)
--Dodge! (Rank 2): As you've refined your instincts, your ability to avoid harm has also grown, and as such whenever an enemy swings at you, there's a solid chance you've already figured out not to be there by the time the swing would connect. (Dodging is quicker and no longer forces your character onto the defensive, and can occur even if your character is caught off guard.)

Awakened Meditation
Rapid Mental Recovery (Rank 2): You have mastered the art of magic to the point where you can recover fully between battles, and have started to develop a small ability to 'steal' and absorb the magic others throw at you. (Basics of spell stealing (passive), this character fully recovers between multiple battles in a single mission.)

Rapid Blows:
Rapid Blows (Rank 1): Sometimes, it's just better to hit something several times in quick succession, instead of trying to hit something really, really hard, and you understand this. Though you aren't too good at hitting specifically vital points with it yet, or keeping it up for very long. In the case of ranged weapons, one takes a hit to accuracy in exchange for increased fire rate. (Basics of attacking rapidly in an effective manner.)

Unique Changes:
Mechanist Bloodline:
Knack for Technology (Rank 2): What most Mechanists tend to learn over time is they don't just have a knack for technology, technology tends to like them. In inexplicable manners. Where it concerns technology, especially advanced technology or Mechanist technology such as firearms or ancient ruins, Mechanists are able to wield them and use them merely by touching them as though they completely understood their applications. Ex: Touch a door and it opens, grab a rifle of unknown configuration and you know instinctively how to use it, et cetera.

Alchemist's Kit:
Advanced Alchemy: Where previously Gremlock could not make potions without knowing the requisite magic, some experimentation with the mechanics behind One Thousand Trick Shots has allowed him to put just about anything he can think of in those bottles. It should be noted though that, at present, these potions cannot go above Basic level strength. Additionally, he's looked at using less mana for his potions overall. (Active: Can now put any spell that could normally be cast by a mage into a bottle, but only at Basic strength. Passive: All spell potions cost a little less mana to make)

New Unique:
Mechanist's Weapon:
Gremlock has invested time and money into making a new weapon, realizing that a simple musket just isn't going to cut it. The weapon is a modification of the Trusty Musket, and as of yet, it's main feature is a lever that allows for switching into one of two modes. It either features faster reloading with a reduction to accuracy (Rapid Blows), or a heavier blasting shot at the cost of higher recoil and a slightly lower fire rate (Heavy Blows). While it has no fancy bells or whistles yet, with some modifications it can become quite devastating. (Gives Gremlock access to a custom weapon)

Added Sonia to Amazons. Will review materials presented soon. Just stayed up late finishing Achievements. (Finally! I know! Please don't kill me! They're really cool, I swear! :ferret:)

Major Changes in the first post: Traits and Achievements now each have their own dedicated chapter, and they've both been reorganized with bullet points and tabs, which should make them much easier to navigate. Might do a few more tweaks in the future, but no more ugly spoiler tags there. The Library will be getting a bigger update soon...

Achievements go to characters who survive missions. They represent a general experience progression, and can range from combat pets, to special magical abilities, to items, and et cetera. Generally speaking, achievements which have physical items or creatures that can be lost (ex: combat pets) will refresh themselves to give the owner a replacement when the mission ends. Achievements may also be replaced over time.

In-Universe, the more achievements all characters earn overall, the greater the (in)famous reputation the Queen's Blades will accrue: It is generally beneficial to have more people survive a mission where possible.

Active Character Achievements

1. Black Widow: You've displayed tenacious and even somewhat vicious behaviour towards enemies of the state of Renalta. People tend to think twice before attacking you, and may even choose to defect at the last minute out of fear of you. (Intimidating figure, enemy may defect out of fear.)
    2. Purple Ribbon: You took a hit for Queen and Country, and have learned how to better handle pain. (Minor bonus to dealing with damage, less likely to fall into shock or succumb to injuries.)

1. Purple Ribbon: You took a hit for Queen and Country, and have learned how to better handle pain. (Minor bonus to dealing with damage, less likely to fall into shock or succumb to injuries.)
    2. Inspirational Speaker: You've convinced NPC's to do something for you, and as such, you've figured out that talking is sometimes superior to just genocidally killing everything. Neat! (Minor bonus to convincing NPC's to do as you wish.)
    3. Untarnished: You got through an entire mission unscathed, not a feat to scoff at leisurely! As such, others tend to be galvanized to your cause by the image of your grand tactical aptitude, whether or not that reputation is well deserved. (NPC's drawn to your cause will fight better, bonus is stronger if you avoid serious injury.)
    4. Of Particular Qualities...: You've caught the attention of multiple, powerful entities in a resoundingly positive way. In your darkest hour, you may receive surprising, often indirect assistance from a guardian you never knew you had... (Mysterious aid may come to save you from death.)

1. Purple Ribbon: You took a hit for Queen and Country, and have learned how to better handle pain. (Minor bonus to dealing with damage, less likely to fall into shock or succumb to injuries.)
    2. Lucky Ego: You don't care about the odds, you know you see an opportunity, and things line up just the right way to make it happen so you can justify being a braggart... (Minor bonus to spotting opportunities, such as weaknesses in enemies, or holes in the walls, etc.)
    3. Bard's Tales: The braggart's tales of boisterous bravado burst bravely forth! Bards throughout the lower mainlands sing the songs of the man who stared the Heavens themselves in the face, and fired a hailstorm of arrows into them with the same kind of courageous nobility as that of Kouri herself!... Or so the stories go, anyway. (Will often encounter fans who will sing your praises, especially among the lower classes, and who will do anything to impress you. May not be the bravest troops in the face of danger.)
    4. Conqueror of Venus: Broad shoulders, tight trousers, and a deep voice with eyes of equal depth leave many of the fairer sex gob-struck and heart broken... Careful, Lothario. (Women tend to be more cooperative and open to propositions, both of business and pleasure. This can also incur the wrath of jealous men & women...)

1. Inspirational Speaker: You've convinced NPC's to do something for you, and as such, you've figured out that talking is sometimes superior to just genocidally killing everything. Neat! (Minor bonus to convincing NPC's to do as you wish.)
    2. Bullshit Detector: "That is not a Ghost! That is an illusion! Also, God is dead, Santa Claus isn't real, the tooth fairy is actually a pedophile, and keep your children away from candy dealers!" Needless to say, you have an uncanny ability to tell when a con artist is performing their trade. (Minor bonus to detecting lies and illusions.)
    3. Lady of the Night: Betwixt the powers of abyssal eyes and a slit open dress, silky smooth thighs and a cool touch; life is exchanged, and a man betrayeth his colleagues the pitiful weakness of men: Flesh. (Improves use of vampirism powers and basic seduction to convince people to do as you please, doubly so where it involves those attracted to you. This does include demons.)
    4. Untarnished: You got through an entire mission unscathed, not a feat to scoff at leisurely! As such, others tend to be galvanized to your cause by the image of your grand tactical aptitude, whether or not that reputation is well deserved. (NPC's drawn to your cause will fight better, bonus is stronger if you avoid serious injury.)

1. Inspirational Speaker: You've convinced NPC's to do something for you, and as such, you've figured out that talking is sometimes superior to just genocidally killing everything. Neat! (Minor bonus to convincing NPC's to do as you wish.)
    2. Bullshit Detector: "That is not a Ghost! That is an illusion! Also, God is dead, Santa Claus isn't real, the tooth fairy is actually a pedophile, and keep your children away from candy dealers!" Needless to say, you have an uncanny ability to tell when a con artist is performing their trade. (Minor bonus to detecting lies and illusions.)
    3. Untarnished: You got through an entire mission unscathed, not a feat to scoff at leisurely! As such, others tend to be galvanized to your cause by the image of your grand tactical aptitude, whether or not that reputation is well deserved. (NPC's drawn to your cause will fight better, bonus is stronger if you avoid serious injury.)
    4. FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC!: Literally. (Pick an enemy in a fight, and you can lock them down by making them feel ashamed of their actions in a verbal tirade. This can only work on one enemy at a time. If they're the last enemy alive in a fight, they'll defect to your side. The more powerful the enemy, the more attempts it may take before they'll finally hesitate and get locked down by the verbal tirade.)

2. Sherkle's Gem: Named after the magician who created it, the Imperium recovered it as one of a few artifacts that the Blood Sea has given back so far from the ruins. As thanks, the Eternal Empress herself gifted it to Gremlock with the fastest messenger she could send. (Magical artifact that is capable of blocking an incoming physical attack if thrown at the incoming attack. Artifact absorbs force, and sometimes sends it back to the source. It then falls to the ground, where it glows with heat and cannot be immediately retrieved.)

1. Guardian: When protecting another, you have a greater chance at successfully defending both yourself and the person or thing you are hoping to keep safe. (Minor bonus to defense when guarding someone or something.)
    2. Golemancy I: After seeing a magnificently sized golem get blown to bits, you have realized that if you can build one, and bring it with you, then you might not have to summon one on the fly, and risk its destruction before it can finish forming. (Can now start a mission with a golem premade. While it has a sustained cost like other golems, it does not continue to drain the user to keep it active.)
    3. Golemancy II: Continued crafting and borderline obsession, and perhaps a few ethically questionable acts, have brought about the capacity to craft human-like automatons. Some call them homunculus: Horrible, child-devouring miniatures that invade the homes of the impoverished. You know better than that, of course... (Capable of creating human-sized, human-like dolls with human-like strength and dexterity, made out of materials such as wood or plaster. May deploy one at a time. They're semi-intelligent, and may rebel against cruel masters who send them on deranged tasks. Comes with you on the mission, and cannot be changed out for other homunculus in the middle of a fight. Homunculus have souls just like golems do, and cannot harm their master. They are incapable of magic.)
    4. Sympathetic Soul: Spirits recognize the validity of your cause, and tend to be less aggressive towards you. Neutral spirits encountered are more likely to be receptive towards you, and you resist possessions better when they learn of your better nature. (Self-explanatory.)
    1. Teamwork I: You work well with others, and are growing accustomed to doing so. You have a greater chance of success in any action if you perform it with an ally, rather than alone. (Minor bonus to anything when done with a compatriot, to a reasonable degree.)
    2. Sharpshooter: You've become accustomed to aiming, then firing. Nifty. (Minor bonus to accuracy.)
    3. Teamwork II: Becoming so accustomed to the reassuring words of a nearby friend, you've found that it's gone above and beyond simple individual acts, as you refuse to fail at whatever task you've taken upon yourself for a common cause. (All combat stats & skills gain minor bonuses when engaging in combat directly in aid of an ally, or with an ally aiding you.)
    4. Tarnished Innocence: When you spill blood, others peer upon such an act as being disturbing and greatly upsetting. (Allies will fight harder to protect you when you engage in combat, enemies may become demoralized at the sight of your character having to kill.)

1. Purple Ribbon: You took a hit for Queen and Country, and have learned how to better handle pain. (Minor bonus to dealing with damage, less likely to fall into shock or succumb to injuries.
    2. The Elvish Messiah: Your people have lost their home, most have lost their families. Only a fraction of your people now remain, graciously taken in by the Imperium and Renalta... Many of the elders lie dead, their blood permanently staining the sands they will likely never return to. You are the last of your people, their shining beacon of hope, a representative within the Queen's Blades... Do not let them down. (While the majority of your people went to sanctuary, there are many small time Gypsies and trading caravans that will spare whatever help they can to your cause. Alert them (the GM via PM) and they will attempt to divert resources to you where possible: Manpower, healers, items, campsites, et cetera.)

1. Teamwork I: You work well with others, and are growing accustomed to doing so. You have a greater chance of success in any action if you perform it with an ally, rather than alone. (Minor bonus to anything when done with a compatriot, to a reasonable degree.)
    2. Lucky: You took a guess, and it turned out correct... (Minor bonus to random actions, especially if they take luck.)
    3. The Broken Duet: Bards sing tales of the mercenary duo. They banged, brutalized, beat, and buzzed their way through life. 'Twas not until the unfortunate day that they entered the labyrinth that they entered as two, and came out as one: The minotaur who conquered the last of the Spider Bitches! At least, that is how the tale goes... Care for a drink of Gryff's finest from her skull, good sir? (You cannot be broken by loss or morale penalties, and others witnessing you in combat have a greater chance of avoiding such issues themselves.)
    4. Manbreaker's Wit: The Imperium, in a rare act of cooperation with the Mage's Guild, have enchanted Manbreaker's ammo with ethereal properties. In short: So long as the ammunition isn't hit with some form of magic (or anti-magic), it can pass through allies harmlessly to pierce enemies. This also counts for his specialized ammo. It should be noted that it's hard to replicate, and thus creating it for an army-wide scale would be impossible. (Manbreaker can now fire through allies consequence-free so long as no magic or anti-magic would interfere with its flight plan. Ex: Magic immune allies, walls of magical flame, et cetera.)

1. Counter Strike: You've found that dueling is more effective when you use your dexterity to attack something after it has attempted to hit you. (Minor bonus to hit chance and armour penetration, if countering an attack with another attack.)
    2. Lucky: You took a guess, and it turned out correct... (Minor bonus to random actions, especially if they take luck.)
    3. Teamwork I: You work well with others, and are growing accustomed to doing so. You have a greater chance of success in any action if you perform it with an ally, rather than alone. (Minor bonus to anything when done with a compatriot, to a reasonable degree.)
    4. Skeever's Revenge: The story behind this artifact--retrieved from the tomb's ruins--is that a rat-like, hunched over wizard was constantly mocked for his poverty. One day, he got revenge against the children who mocked him by creating a magical bag that could unleash a small army of man-devouring rats on hapless victims. Nobody laughed at Skeever, ever again. (You now have a magical artifact that can unleash a small army of rats, sufficient that you could fill a bedroom with them. Rats slain will slowly be replenished over time within the bag. The Mage's Guild politely requests you don't open the bag near children, as the rats seem to have an uncanny desire to feast upon the weak first.)

Inactive Character Achievements

2. Mighty Cleave: "With one great swing the King laid dead, and all his kingdom mourned. With a second great swing, so too did Kyria, and that ended any hope, of a land: Forsworn." Like the mighty Archangel Typhon, you have a potent swing, and put a little more strength into it than most do. (Minor bonus to damage output & armour penetration.)

1. Mechanical Apprentice: After working tirelessly and seeing the fruits of your labour maimed by others, you've found yourself frustrated, but that won't stop you from making the best Mechanist Dragon of all time. Ever. Perhaps the only one of all time, really. (One free upgrade to Fafnir.)
    2. Playing Possum: You can't kill what you think is already dead, or so you hope. (Minor bonuses to escaping the attention of enemies.)

1. Lucky: You took a guess, and it turned out correct... (Minor bonus to random actions, especially if they take luck.)
    2. Ghost: Where most took the limelight in one form or another, you stayed back, and while you contributed, you did so in a way that made you less likely to be targeted. You remembered this, and how to do it again... (Minor bonus to not being targeted or noticed by enemies.)

1. Lucky: You took a guess, and it turned out correct... (Minor bonus to random actions, especially if they take luck.)
    2. Ghost: Where most took the limelight in one form or another, you stayed back, and while you contributed, you did so in a way that made you less likely to be targeted. You remembered this, and how to do it again... (Minor bonus to not being targeted or noticed by enemies.)

1. Combat Negotiator: This character has a way with words, and enemies are more likely to listen to pleas for mercy or to stand down. (Minor bonus to convincing enemy NPC's to do as you wish.)
    2. That's Mine!: Mission important objectives, or just straight up notable and/or powerful items, just seem to fall into this character's lap. (Minor bonus to finding and acquiring items. Enemies also have a subtle tendency to lose theirs around this character.)

2. Mistress of Webs: You know exactly how to talk to beasts and animals, especially those related to arachnids in one form or another, and can often soothe them through magic. (Minor bonus to soothing animals, and to taking command of arachnids.) (Note: Webs also make for a useful ropes, or handcuffs...)

2. Sharpshooter: You've become accustomed to aiming, then firing. Nifty. (Minor bonus to accuracy.)

1. Weaponized Stick: You're particularly good at taking everyday objects or pieces of nature and turning them into horrifying weapons. Booze? Flammable! Sticks? Stabbable! Boring politicians? Perfect for annoying neighbours! (Minor bonus to improvised tools and weapons.)
    2. Teamwork I: You work well with others, and are growing accustomed to doing so. You have a greater chance of success in any action if you perform it with an ally, rather than alone. (Minor bonus to anything when done with a compatriot, to a reasonable degree.)

Dead Character Achievements

1. Mighty Cleave: "With one great swing the King laid dead, and all his kingdom mourned. With a second great swing, so too did Kyria, and that ended any hope, of a land: Forsworn." Like the mighty Archangel Typhon, you have a potent swing, and put a little more strength into it than most do. (Minor bonus to damage output & armour penetration.)
    2. Teamwork I: You work well with others, and are growing accustomed to doing so. You have a greater chance of success in any action if you perform it with an ally, rather than alone. (Minor bonus to anything when done with a compatriot, to a reasonable degree.)

2. Counter Strike: You've found that dueling is more effective when you use your dexterity to attack something after it has attempted to hit you. (Minor bonus to hit chance and armour penetration, if countering an attack with another attack.)

1. Minion Master: You're a craven fellow, but your knowledge of how to command magically created entities is growing. (You know your thresholds: 5 Skeletons, 15 maximum in one mission. They have upkeep: To keep them going past a combat scenario is taxing on you. Skeletons now have a small chance of having randomly assigned GM bonuses.)
    2. Purple Ribbon: You took a hit for Queen and Country, and have learned how to better handle pain. (Minor bonus to dealing with damage, less likely to fall into shock or succumb to injuries.)

I just want to say in response of Draza's "Friendship is Magic" achievement:

Can anyone else see her shaming the Demons to just go home one at a time?

Reactions: Brovo
I just want to say in response of Draza's "Friendship is Magic" achievement:

Can anyone else see her shaming the Demons to just go home one at a time?
Can?
I expect her to.

Hah, I like the symmetry of my new achievements for both characters. One for being hot and seducing people, one for people liking them and following their lead. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.