Left Spinning

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Link at the bottom/watched threads.

Everyone still here? Or am I the one holding things up? o.o

I think I am. I'm really sorry, but I just have a block. I don't know how to have Oswin go to the wealthier district. I'm stumped.

She doesn't necessarily need to go to the wealthier part of the station - particularly on a corporate-run station in a time of crisis, you'd find the most security on those decks. Can't have the plebs trying to riot up 'dem rich folk.

So you think I can just cut off my post roughly where it is, maybe just add a small bit to wrap it up?

Reactions: ze_kraken
Alright - so question is, where do we want to take this? I've got a few ideas floating around, but it may be the time to start consolidating the party.

Could you explain your ideas? I don't really know what to do with Lynne, who can't really do her own things at the hospital due to her being only a student, and I don't know how to integrate her into the stories.

I can sacrifice Caleb in another riot to get us all together if you guys want. Would like to hear @J_"Kraken"'s ideas, too.

Alright! So, this is about the time that society starts to really crumble. Now resources are starting to become limited with little chance of renewal - food, water (and to an extent air). Peacekeepers are gonna have to start making hard calls of enforcing laws or abusing their power for their own self interest. All the wonderful things of that "Oh wait" moment when you realize that money, government, so on aren't going to be much good much longer.

With that in mind, here are my ideas:
  • Naomi is found by [insert character here] and pretends she has a way off the station to get sympathy (might be great for Oswin).
  • A section of the station is exposed to the vacuum of space, and it just so happens there was a major food deposit in transit to the central core of the station. Maybe it's still there?
  • Clogged atmosphere generator/air recycler.
  • Contact with a Martian/Earther warship.

Reactions: Quiet One
Would love to do that. The food sneaking, the warship, the Naomi - all of it!

Maybe the warship somehow blows a hole in the station and causes the vacuum. Then while Oswin is looking after Naomi she can...I don't know, maybe get to the ship and borrow a spacesuit so she can take Phil and retrieve the food.

Would love to do that. The food sneaking, the warship, the Naomi - all of it!

Maybe the warship somehow blows a hole in the station and causes the vacuum. Then while Oswin is looking after Naomi she can...I don't know, maybe get to the ship and borrow a spacesuit so she can take Phil and retrieve the food.
That'll work well - I was wondering if a warship would target a neutral station...But maybe it's accused of still supporting Earth/housing troops?

That'll work well - I was wondering if a warship would target a neutral station...But maybe it's accused of still supporting Earth/housing troops?
Guess which one they get accused of would depend on if it was Martian or Earth.

Well I'm not sure as to whether or not Earth would target its own corporate station. Still, good point.

So you think it should be Martian, then? Oh! The presence of a Venusian ship on an earth-owned station might convince the paranoid Martians that an alliance is underway, and they attack. The Bernadette, more for its own survival than protecting the station, can then retaliate, damaging the ship to stop it from destroying Vesta, but still causing damage.

That can then lead to new problems, like heightened tension between planets and the destruction of Vesta now all but imminent.

• Love
Reactions: ze_kraken
Oh, you guys are still here. Um, so if that's everybody where do we go from here? @Rainjay, don't you still have a post to finish?

Yeah - I tossed around a few ideas, but do you guys want to use those? Some of them aren't generalized to everyone, but I can figure some up if that's an issue.