Left Spinning

Ahhh thank you so much!! And I'm sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but what do you mean by single contact?

An NPC that has reason to cooperate with you, be it a friend, a coworker, supplier, etc.

Oh okay nice!!! Will work on the character sheet for them soon too, then

@J_"Kraken" I thought you said we could have two contacts. I need to get rid of one of mine in that case.

If you take it as a trait, it is two. As a merchant you get a free one.

Oh. So if you were a merchant with the contact trait, would you be allowed three?

Oh. So if you were a merchant with the contact trait, would you be allowed three?
Correct! This one I will say, however, has to be related to your business, be it a customer, supplier, so forth.

NAME: Ciel Portia Presley (they call her Cici)
-Sex: Female
-Appearance: Notably short and visibly muscled, with blue eyes that shoot daggers and pale freckles dotting her cheekbones and nose. Her generously curved and strong body make it clear to most that she's an Earther, if her unusually pale skin doesn't first. Dark hair (somewhere between brown and black) is kept short and her clothing is typically nondescript when off-duty. Despite her height there is nothing about her that looks remotely young or childish; she appears down to earth and mature. Her skin is marred with several scars, most not visible when she is clothed or in uniform.
-Annual Income (UN Dollars): 37,000 UND
TRAITS:

[stabs=bcenter|400x150]
{slide=Major|center}Peacekeeper{/slide}
{slide=Minor|center}Military background - Ciel enlisted when she was young, lying about her age (she tacked a couple years on, and looked the part well). Both of her parents were marines at some point, both of decent rank, though they both left the "family" name rather dishonored. Regardless it didn't diminish the respect Ciel fought to earn.

Gun license - Call it paranoia, but Ciel doesn't feel comfortable without having a gun by her side. She carries a nondescript pistol.

Brawler - Growing up mostly alone left Ciel to her own devices. She wasn't exactly an innocent child. She did what she needed to to survive and gained some skills from it.

{/slide}
[/stabs]

NAME: Eliana Delores-Presley (nicknamed Ellie)
-Sex: Female
-Appearance: Ellie is tall enough to be recognized as a pioneer though her height is slightly below the average of others and her build is not as slender. She has visible freckles across her cheeks and nose, and her face typically has a wry or sly (hehe rhymes), somewhat pointed look to it. Her skin is common tan color, and her thick hair is kept long and usually tied back and is colored a dark, rich brown with lighter highlights. Her eyes are a playful green.
-Annual Income (UN Dollars): Anywhere from 5,000 to 40,000 UND, depending on the 'jobs' she's gotten. Income is typically on the lower end of the spectrum.
TRAITS:

[stabs=bcenter|400x150]
{slide=Major|center}Mechanic - Eliana has skill repairing and building computer-based appliances{/slide}
{slide=Minor|center}Mechanic Bonus - While access to such systems is hard to come by for a person of Eliana's standing, intuition and a couple of years working as the on-and-off apprentice of a station mechanic have given Ellie skill with complex structures. Given the proper tools and some time, she can usually work out how to repair such structures.

Contact - A goods smuggler that sometimes will provide her with goods for her services, and an older Vesta station mechanic that provided her some training.

{/slide}
[/stabs]

Hello hello. I did have one near finished but I've decided to scrap it. Here is mah wip.

UPDATE: Done. I got rid of crafty for Ellie, seemed redundant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ze_kraken
With Rainjay having a character up, I think we'll be good to go to start. Luckily, other characters can spring up whenever they need to. So, before we get the IC going, I'd like to go over a few matters of housekeeping:

• If you plan to have a long series of interactions, a fight involving other players, or any contact that may go on for more than a paragraph, use collaborative posts! There is no need to have six or seven posts cover what one or two could.
  • While these traits serve as guidelines, they are only guidelines. That said, mechanics can't look at life support systems and fix them with a wrench and some screws. Bigger jobs will take more time, and maybe even require prior planning and gear. Want to fix an engine? You're going to need to come up with a way to find the parts yourself and then spend the time on it.
  • On the note of what things can and cannot be done, here is how posting will work:
Day One

-Details involving the general event of that day, these will come once a week in real-time. Events will vary from reactor failures to food shortages (these are events that affect everybody). Note, in the beginning, your characters will be shaken and worried, but still calm.-

(Event Name)

-Here, specific characters will be mentioned in what is going on with them. These events will be more specific to the involved parties and will always mention the noted characters by name. A separate fieldset will mark each group of characters involved in each separate event. In the aforementioned example of the life support, a post in response to that may have the contact you were relying on be killed in a riot, which you in turn would respond to in some way.-

Your posts will be unrestricted, so long as they respond in some way to the events. The passing of time will be relatively up to you, but remember that individual days are very important (they are numbered...). Events may hamper or benefit progress, dependent on detail put into your actions and the general atmosphere. If the pace quickens, multiple events will happen in one week.

If you have any questions, leave them below, and consider this a roll call for who all's still here!

Reactions: Quiet One
I like it too, and can see how having a runner who can get across the station really fast will come in handy for a crisis. Think I can make it work so Oswin's not left out.

I was working on the IC, but unexpected things came up, so it will be up later tonight instead.

Do you think any characters might have pre-existing relationships? Or would that be immaterial?

If you want them to. Nothing says they need to be established right away, though.

Like. Struggling to think how I can get Jones involved.

Well, first there's the water supply coming in, which everyone knows will be a rare occurrence. This is partially designed to get people in a central location and talking to one another. Other than that, she could be working a job for someone else and we can make that its own subplot. I want you guys to have as much influence on what happens as I do.

Hey, is it okay if I change Lynne's height? I just noticed that Nicholas Green is 6 feet, and I feel like Lynne is too short. And if so, what do you think is an ideal height for a pioneer?

A pioneer female will be anywhere from six to six and a half feet tall, males will be six and a half to seven.