Lab (andrew21234xcronoxneko

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Thank you... my bothers." Celtic said as he hugged each of them softly. "Now, let's go to bed." He finished with a tired smile.

Feeling Cletic hug him Xvier hugged him back a single tear fell on the boy's shoulder as he did so. Xavier wasn't sure if Celtic had noticed so he quickly said "good night" and then whispered something in Celtic's ear so Zane couldn't hear "I need to talk to you alone" before climbing down to he and Zane's bed leaving enough room for the other boy to climb in next to him.

Zane hugged Celtic and followed Xavier down to their bunk, squishing in next to him, though it was comfortable. A small smile crossed him face as he closed his eyes and began to think about what might happen if they succeed. 'As long as we are together.' He thought before opening his eyes and poking Xavier in the back. "You won't lose us." He whispered softly, remembering what his friend had said just earlier.

Turning toward's Zane he gave him a hug and released him. "I know.....good night Zane." Xavier said looking in the boy's eyes, he then pulled the covers over the boys' heads. "Zane promise me something....if it comes down to you having to choose over Celtic or I......you'll choose him."

Celtic had nodded when Xavier whispered to him. And now was starring at the hallow part of the wall. What lied beyond? Death or freedom? Would they all live to see the sun? Would he... Give his life for them?

Zane let out a soft sigh and smiled again as Xavier hugged him before saying goodnight. "Goodnight." He said as his friend pulled the covers over them. "Zane, promise me something... If it comes down to you having to choose over Celtic or I... You'll choose him." His smile faded as his mind became clouded, his thoughts coming up with many scenarios where he'd have to choose. "I-I uhh... I can't do that." His voice shaking as he replied. "I don't even want to think about having to do that, you know I'm not strong enough. I-I'd do whatever I could to keep both of you safe!" By this time Zane's eyes were filled with tears and his fists were clenched into tight fists. All he wanted to do was punch Xavier and tell him never to ask such a hard task of him again but of course he re-framed from doing such a stupid thing. Instead, he rolled over and wiped his tears away. 'I'll be strong because... They need me to be.'

Xavier etched for Zane's hand grabbing it and whispering "Zane we can talk more in the morning good night my friend." Xavier let go of the boy's hand. He was not satisfied with how the conversation had ended, but he knew he shouldn't push Zane, especially when he wasn't in the best mental state. Not knowing if Zane was awake of not he whispered, "I'm sorry I out you in a tough spot Zane.....I just want to keep you both safe."

Zane's face grew warm when he felt Xavier grab his hand and was immediately thankful that it was dark enough under the covers so that Xavier couldn't see it. "Goodnight." He whispered, his eyes feeling heavy as his hand was released.

Zane fell asleep fairly quickly after.

Xavier blinked his eyes open and looked at Zane still sleeping. How many more mornings will I wake up like this, how many more mornings will all three of us be together, how many more mornings until we aren't all together?

It was still night and Celtic still waited for Xaver. Wild thought running though his head.

Slowly getting up Xavier climbed into bed with Celtic. He then pulled the covers over both boys' heads and said "Celtic....I need you to promise me that if we get in a situation where you have to choose to save either Zane or I......that.....you'll choose Zane."

Celtic looked at Xavier and smiled. "I promise." But he thought, 'If that happens, the only one who dies will be me.'

"I mean it Celtic, you have to promise me that you will protect Zane and Zane only when we escape.....please just do it" Xavier pleaded with his friend not looking him in the eyes.

Celtic got rid of the thought as Xavier pleaded. His smile disappeared and he told him, now in a firm tone, "Fine. but you have to promise that if you must choose from Zane or me, pick Zane."

"I don't want to do that......but fine Zane makes it no matter what" Xavier said sadly. He then knew how it felt to have to promise to let one friend die if the other needed them..,

"Thanks. Now I'm really tired so-" Celtic's sentence was cut off by falling asleep instantly.

"Goodnight" Xavier said getting off the boy's bed and getting into his own. Pulling the covers over him he fell asleep. He tossed and turned all night having nightmares that their escape would go horribly wrong...

Zane felt Xavier get out of bed and rolled over, his eyes barely open as the blurred image of him friend climb up onto the top bed. Shortly after, mumbled whispers were heard though he couldn't make them out. It didn't last long as the faint sound of Celtic snoring was heard above him.

Xavier got back i to their bed and Zane wriggled a little closer, his forehead just touching Xavier's shoulder. "What were you..." He yawned in the middle of his sentence and fell asleep before he could finish.

The niht was spent with Xavier tossing and turning, keeping Zane awake. He poked him multiple times, waking him up but when he fell asleep he began again.

Once he finally got up the next morning he looked at Zane. The boy had been up most of the night because of him tossing and turning. You idiot now he's going to be tired all day he thought.

Zane rolled over, squinting sleepily at his friend and, as if to read his mine, he said, "Don't worry about it." It was pretty obvious how Xavier felt though it was still almost scary how he knew these things. He gave Xavier a sleepy smile before closing his eyes again and nuzzling his face back into his pillow, reluctant to get up.

Status
Not open for further replies.