Knights Of New Gotham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viran was barely able to block the strange weapon that the psychopathic clown had fired at him and even they he managed to block it with his hands it still caused a bit of damage to him. He could feel more of his strength leaving him as he forced himself face his opponent.

"Whoa, are you okay there big guy?!"

"Not really" Viran gasped as another wave of pain washed over him but he forced himself to ignore it. Viran knew what the problem was and just how bad it was and he knew if he didn't find some way to treat it if he survived this fight it would most likely kill him in a matter of days. But first things first. Viran ripped a chunk of debris off the floor and launched it directly at the psychopath's face before launching himself into the air and attempting to bring down both fists on his opponent as a sharp pain shot through his side..

"Not at full strength or feeling the best right now." He muttered to Recluse. "If I was I could have taken care of this already."

Jester turns his body and ducks as the debris go over his head and Virans fist come down on the back of Jesters shoulders hurting but the pain quickly fades as his healing kicked in he uses the momentum of the hit to roll him in the air as his claws dripped poison he tries to bring his claws down to pin Viran to the ground. Imagining the look of the ground covered in the crimson blood of his foes that him and his master truly loved. "I hope you are ready to join your two dead friends in the after life."

Recluse quickly leaped into action as he saw that Viran was about to be attacked, he knew his ally was a bit handicapped at the moment so he'd make it fair. As Jester was in mid-strike he shot a strong string of webbing at the villain as he prepared to attack his downed friend. "Hey, claws off!" He spoke as he aimed his web strikes to stick Jester's claws together.

There is a loud ripping sound from Jesters cloths as his shirt and coat tear in half to expose so Demon like wings, one of the wings blocked the webbing sticking to it but fails to get to his hands, Jester continues through with his attack on Viran. "Why don't you back off and let this be a even fight." His twins tails shoot Recluses way even though he's out of range the poison may hit him as that fly's from his tails aimed for Recluses eyes. Jester would prefer to blind him temporarily long enough to take out his friend and make a even fight, allowing Jester to drag it out and spread the crimson blood everywhere like his master would have liked. Maybe after this he will go find some kids like his master loved to torture and kill.

"I hope you are ready to join your two dead friends in the after life."

Viran looked up at his opponent as he finally managed to pin Viran to the ground. But the creature's words seemed to echo in his skull for a moment.

He paused for a moment at the thought of Mina and his friends dying at this monster's hands and let out a roar as he rose to his feet and managed to free himself using his rage to drive him, the pain in his body temporarily being overshadowed by pure rage as he allowed the rage to drive the pain from his body briefly as whatever this thing was seemed to sprout wings.

"Why don't you back off and let this be a even fight."

Viran let out a snarl as he grabbed the creature by the throat as his eyes seemed to burn with rage. "If you killed her, I will rip you apart!" He roared in the creature's face and slammed it repeatedly into the ground over and over before slamming it headfirst into the wall. "I fought Death and War! Creatures that make you seem like an insect! You are nothing!" He roared again, not realizing that the creature most likely didn't know where those two were. as he released it for a moment before hitting it with an uppercut that had enough force to punch a hole in the walls of Arkham itself before grabbing the creature again and slamming it headfirst into the side of a wall and slamming it repeatedly over and over again into the wall.

"She would not fall to someone such as you! She would not!" Viran shouted.

Last edited:
Masquerade found it easy to navigate Gotham's streets which gave him even more insight into the darkness that the city harbored. A he walked through the streets he passed a alley way and when he looked down it he saw a armed man robbing a couple. He grabbed the Springfield 1911 pistol from under his coat and kept it close to his side as he approached. The man and woman were too busy retrieving their cash to notice him approaching with a swift movement he raised the gun and placed it against the back of the mugger and squeezed the trigger. The silver plastic tipped Glaser round shot fourth and exploded on impact like it designed the shrapnel jutting forward and penetrating the mugger's heart death was instant.
Masquerade looked at the two people and simply started walking away. The silver tipped Glaser round was good for such deeds but wouldn't do well against more heavily armored individuals although he was prepared for that and for even had some ammo for battling metas. He had a small collection of Promethium bullets stashed away in case of emergencies although he doubted he would ever use them.
Masquerade could hear yelling know and even the sounds of battle as he drew closer to Arkham. He turned a corner to see three metas fighting and he couldn't exactly tell who was winning or who was on whos side.
He changed his appearance once his face returning to it's white clean form as he approached his hand pulling out .357 magnum revolver which was loaded with his illegal armor piercing .357 rounds although he doubted that these rounds would do anything to the big guy who was at the moment beating a much smaller winged man. He wasn't entirely sure if the rounds would work against the smaller costumed man or the winged one but he would try if it was necessary. His sights were locked on the bigger man given that he was the aggressor at the moment.

The sounds of pained screams and cries alerted Ironsight, someone was in danger but he had no idea who. The archer had dropped to street level to investigate the scene upon arrival, using his fine tuned tracking abilities to figure out whatever had done this. The injuries looked way too, unnatural yet human in its own right. The archer unslung his bow and knocked an arrow just to be safe, readying himself for possible danger.

@WitchChild
Apex was looking around the roof, looking down at the streets to find anything that looked like the picture he had gotten from his employer regarding Ironsight. Was this in fact where this archer man went on some hero patrol? He had been sighted relatively often around this neighborhood. Apex was prematurely losing his patience until he looked back down and indeed saw the target. "At last" He said to himself, reaching behind and got out a heavy telescopic javelin, flicking a switch and it extended to a near 5 foot long double headed spear. Apex got on the edge of the building and looked down at the archer, raising the javelin and prepared to throw it with his immense strength. Were he to hit the man, throwing with all his strength, the weapon would impale him through and through.

A bright red light flashes from an old tomb in the Gotham cemetery as the magic seal that bounded the chamber holding Ulrich fades away. Deep down in the chamber ulrich sits on an shrine that was built prior to his imprisonment. He opens his eyes slowly as he slides off of the shrine letting all the the dust that built up from being idle for a long time. As he walks slowly up the stone stairwell leading to tbe chambers exit , the thought of turning back and remaing in the chamber beggins to get stronger. He had bin trapped for so long, Ulrich had already came to terms with his fate but even an eternity could not strip him of the guilt of loseing his beloved. As he reaches for the door, visions began to flow through his mind . "Is it possible?"
Ulrich says as he drops to his knee. The visions that he had witness were intentionally placed into the chamber door with magic that was all to familiar .

The visions took him to the very night he had taken him back to the very night he discovered his curse . Ulrich was able to witness his wife casting her last spell with her dying breath . Ulrich smiles sadly as tears began to flow from his eyes
As he witnesses the life of his Son in a flash . Towards the end of the vision Ulrich could see his son standing on the other side of the chamber doors , seeing his son as an old man did not make Ulrich sad , insted it filled him with joy to see his son was able to live a long life,
In the vision his son uses his magic to store the visions into the magic seal that binded the Chamber .
"Father... i am Ulrich de Umfraville the seconde , i am your son.... you may not tell now , but our kin always said i was a spitting image of you " the old man says as he chuckled .
" but that is not the only thing i came here to say..... my time in this world is coming to an end .... i came here in hope you would forgive me... the search for your cure has turned out fruitless, and sadly i do not posses the magic strong enouph to free you ... that is why i am here " the old man says placeing a rolled up leather hide infront of the chambers entrance.

" i have seen into the future father , and i belive your curse will be more usefull to you when you awake ... the world will change greatly father ... and it will need you more than ever .... but take caution father , for it is not just the unholy cretures that humanity needs protection from anymore,
Its humanity itself that is its greatest threat.... you will awake in a city full of castles that touch the sky, there you will find a dependent of ours, find her father and teach her ways of the Venators so that maybe this world will have a brighter future " with the last of his words the vision fades .

Ulrich stands to his feet and punches through the chamber doors smashing it into pieces.to find the wrapped up leather that his son had left . It contained his Venator equipment. After changing out of his tattered robes he exits the tomb and enters the Gotham graveyard.
seeing the lights from Gotham city amazed Ulrich greatly . He looks up into the night sky " wait for me " he says drawing his twin daggers Ebenum & Ebur and clashing them together creating a bolt of lighting that pierces the sky . This was a signal that the Venators did to let the villeges that swore to protect that they had arrived.
In the distance the old grave keeper that tended to the Gotham cemetary shakes his head as he walks back into his cabin.
"Im getting to old for this shit"

Jester lets his wings take the brunt of the slams to minimize the damage to his head and uses the uppercut the carry him up, and somewhat out of range his two tails angle at the direction of Viran and stab for his head with poison dripping from the tails. "Lets see how much damage that does." Jester looks around and notes another person with a gun aimed at Viran and smiles behind his mask guessing that he may have got a little bit of help now.

Above Gotham City

The Green Lantern who called herself "The Wanderer"silently flew across the skylines of Gotham City. Her ring was blinking constantly as she closed in on her target. It looked as if one of the destroyers who had wiped billions of lives was battling something in what appeared to be a ruined building a few miles away from her current position. "Analyze life readings in the combat zone." She said and her ring stopped blinking for a moment as the information seemed to go straight to her head.

Destroyer detected. Genetic damage detected.
Unknown Entity detected. Information unavailable
Two Humanoid life-signs detected. One possesses Meta-human abilities. The second one has possible meta-human abilities.

The Wanderer smiled darkly as her ring began to glow with barely restrained power as she closed in on the battle site only to have the ring start to flash once again. Unknown Entity detected one mile away. Location: Burial ground. Meta-human abilities possible. She turned around just in time to see a bolt of lightning flash in the sky.

"Is it a threat to the people here?" She asked quietly as the ring flashed again. Possible threat.

The Wanderer looked towards the ruined building before turning and heading towards the Burial ground. After a few moments her ring was able to get an exact fix on the possible threat and within two minutes she was floating directly above it. The ring pulsed with barely contained power.

"Are you friend or foe?" She called out

Ruins of Arkham

"Lets see how much damage that does."

Viran let out a snarl as he just barely managed to dodge the creature's tail but it did manage to graze his skin. His skin seemed to burn from where the tail had struck him. It hadn't broken the skin, but it had come close. He knew that his rage against this creature was the only thing keeping him from succumbing to the pain running through his body. This needed to end. Quickly.

Viran barely managed to launch himself up into the air before the pain returned, stronger than ever and Viran slammed into the creature with enough force to leave an imprint in the wall. Unfortunately for Viran, the pain was bad enough that he could barely move and he collapsed to the ground with a thud. He looked up and saw another figure here. Whoever it was had a gun that was pointed at him. Viran shook his head despite the pain he was in. "No." He muttered as he managed to point at the creature. "Murderer. Killer." He managed to say before looking at Recluse. "Stop...Stop him." He muttered. "Stop the killer."

@Stryder

As ulrich sheets his daggers befor taking a deep breath . The new world he had awoken to was definitely diffrent from his time. The smell in the air seemed polluted some how , the noise from the city drowned out the sound of nature , the stars seemed dimmer because the lights in the city. He stares at the city sensing a demonic aura shortly after a green light could be seen coming from its direction . He places one hand on the hilt of his sword and waits patiently as it approches. To his suprise it was a woman. Since The green aura that emmited from the her ring did seem like it was dark magic He pulls his hand away from his hilt . Ulrich looks up at the woman before he begins to walk towards the source of the demonic aura deciding to ignore her .

Recluse saw as the two tails descended upon Viran who had been putting up one hell of a fight for the time being. "NO!" The wall crawler shouted, putting forth a hand to gesture for the villain to cease his actions immediately but it was much too late, the poisonous tails struck Viran but merely grazed his skin, not breaking the skin from what he could tell. Hope emerged within the spider as he saw Viran's revenge attack, it seemed devastating enough yet his collapse was disheartening at the sight. Just the thought that someone would die thanks to his inability to save them. Recluse was shaking with anger now, he couldn't afford another to be lost to a monster like this, a murderer, a killer, like Viran said, he had to be stop. "By any means necessary..." Recluse mumbled, the wrist device that controlled his webbing expanded into 8 separate cylinders, revolving like a 45. would, he switched right to cyro webbing, he was going to freeze this bastard and shatter him if he could.

Ironsight was on edge now, waiting and listening for anything, his 'sight' thanks to his power gave him an advantage, a much more efficient version of sonar that allows him to know the locations of objects and entities from great distances. Then, everything seemed to freeze, like time stopped yet Ironsight could sense everything around him moving, he could hear it whistling through the air, like a silent hum almost. The archer snapped into a 180 degree turn, his pale bluish grey eyes widening as he saw the object was coming at him at a terrifying speed. The archer jumped into the air, performing a cartwheel just over the diagonally traveling javelin, placing a hand on it as he pushed onto the length of the weapon, landing gracefully on his feet as the weapon impaled the concrete. "That wasn't very nice!" Ironsight spoke up, looking toward the being, knocking an explosive arrow and firing it straight for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jester slams through the wall of a building but stands up with his back cracking and sees a cop under some debris from the earlier explosion on the ground, so Jesters lifts the edge of his mask and pierces the guys chest and rips the heart out and swallows it to increase his healing rate, then Jester jumps out the hole on the wall onto Virans back stabbing both tails into his back aiming for the kidneys and digging his claws of one hand into the back of his neck and shoves two fingers from his other hand into Virans eye. "Hows this feel fucker enjoy the pain?"

Last edited:
Recluse saw as the villain attacked Viran once more, he refused this, launching himself forward like his webbing was a bungie cord. He hurled himself straight for the monster, firing volleys of cyro webbing as he came at him feet first, hopefully he could land a bit on the being.

Jester was in midair all he could do is flap his wings which did not get him out of the way of the webbing the webbing stuck to his legs and Jester could feel the cold biting into him, and the next thing he knew Recluse was slamming feet first into Jesters legs making Jester flip in midair, but Jester uses this to his advantage using the momentum of the flip to send his twin tails down at Recluse aiming both for his chest while trying to grab a hold of him with his hands.

Above Gotham City

The Wanderer's ring began to glow as she narrowed her eyes. With a flash of green light, two giant hands appeared around the mysterious person. "I would rather not fight you." She said quietly. "My battle is with another, but I need to know if you mean this city harm. If so, I can't let you leave. All I need is an answer: Do you intend to harm anyone in this city?"

Arkham

Viran could feel his modified cells fighting off what damage had been done and he could feel the pain in his eyes decreasing in intensity. He looked up at Recluse and tried to speak but he found that he couldn't.

"Hows this feel fucker enjoy the pain?"

Viran let out a laugh for a brief moment before the pain began to overwhelm him again. "You are nothing compared to have I have fought." He managed to gasp out. "You are but a child, nothing more."

Second City

Screams echoed through the outskirts of Second City as the Valkorian compound burned. Mothers, fathers and children alike ran from the hulking, grinning figure in the sky as his shadow creatures tore into those not fast enough to escape. Death let out a content sigh as he watched a Valkorian female get sliced in half as another one was engulfed by the shadow creatures that pursued him.

"Capture the ones you feel will best work with the plan." He said as a second figure appeared on the ground in a blaze of light. War smiled darkly as a small group of panicking, struggling Valkorians floated behind him, they were surrounded by shadowy auras that kept them from escaping. Death looked to the city and narrowed his eyes as he saw a few small points of light flashing in the night sky as they raced towards the two.

"We have enough. We are done here." Death growled. War nodded and he and Death vanished in a blaze of light along with their captives.

Ulrich tenses up as the glowing hands cup his body . " striga " He says annoyed under his breath while he listens to the green woman. "Hm?" Ulrich notices his wifes pendent was now glowing . ~damit...why did i not realize it sooner" He scolds his self upon realizing that the second the womans power had made contact with him , his body was only tensing more and more as secondes go bye. "Let GO" Ulrich yells as he uses his strength to break free and move futher away from The woman. "I will not turn into that thing a second time!" he says as if the fear of turning into the wolf was enouph to Exaust him physically.
~her magic is effecting the seal~ Ulrich says as he stares at her ring . After calming down he rurns around "i intend to harm the ones who will" saying as he walks away .the fear of the womans power touching him again causes Ulrich to start running. At the same time He felt like the old Venator members were turning in there graves as he runs away from a witch.

Jester was in midair all he could do is flap his wings which did not get him out of the way of the webbing the webbing stuck to his legs and Jester could feel the cold biting into him, and the next thing he knew Recluse was slamming feet first into Jesters legs making Jester flip in midair, but Jester uses this to his advantage using the momentum of the flip to send his twin tails down at Recluse aiming both for his chest while trying to grab a hold of him with his hands.
Recluse grunted as his feet made contact with Jester's body, the vigilante arachnid skillfully oriented himself to fight. He reached up and quickly gripped the tails just before the poisonous barbs, holding them still. Now on his back from the initial flip he pressed a foot up against Jester's upper torso and pushed up with his full strength. Hopefully that would have sent the villain through the tree that he'd be sent toward back-first.

Masquerade sat watching the events unfolding at first his hand gun was held onto the massive aggressor but that all changed when the stranger grunted at him. His sights became soon set on the winged man although he didn't fire unsure if the aggressor had been telling the truth. His uncertainty faded when he watched the man devour the heart of a inmate. His finger had started to squeeze down on the trigger but he couldn't get a clear shot because the costumed meta had started to assault the killer. Masquerade mumbled to himself and lowered the firearm instead rushing over to look at the downed man.
"You alright?" His voice actually sounded like a woman but he did that unintentionally, it was difficult for him to think of how he was going to sound with a new set of vocal cords and he didn't have the time to focus on it given the fighting. He looked back up watching the costumed figure kick the winged one. "What the hell is going on here?"

@Chev

"I intend to harm the ones who will"

The wanderer looked at him for a second as if trying to see the inside of his soul before nodding. He could have attacked her with everything he had but he had not. "Very well." She said simply as she looked at him again and noticed that he ring was behaving somewhat oddly. It had happened the moment it came into contact with the figure. "It's good to see this world has a defender." She said simply as she rose into the air and continued on her way towards the location the Destroyer was at.

At last, justice will be done.

Arkham

"You alright?"

A sad smile appeared on Viran's face. "No." he said quietly as the pain receded for a moment. "What has been done to me is most likely irreversible and will most likely end with my death."

"What the hell is going on here?"

Viran looked towards the two fighters. "Someone attacked this facility and destroyed most of it. We dispatched of Killer Croc when we arrived but then that...creature showed up and attacked us." Viran stared up at the figure with the gun. "It must be stopped. I've heard it, it wishes to do nothing but cause death and destruction. You saw what it did. It ate that man's heart. It needs to be stopped. Please...stop it. Help Recluse stop it."

Viran let out a grunt of pain as the pain began to return. This time it was stronger then before. It was getting bad enough that he felt as though he would black out.

I wish I could have seen you again...Viran thought sadly as he thought of the Valkorians in Second City, his friends and what remained of his family among the Valkorians and his old teammates. But he missed one person in particular from the Titans much more and he fought back feelings of despair as his eyes closed.

Genetic code integrity at 21 percent. Damage is approaching irreversible levels.

Approaching Arkham

"You sure the scanner said someone blew it up?"

"Yes. Apparently someone decided that it would be an efficient way to deal with the inmates."

"Voltage. It's not efficient, it's murder. Steel looked back at the hooded woman and shook her head as Voltage smiled at her. "I thought I would try to to make you laugh. Apparently I did not succeed." Steel shook her head as silver metal covered her body and she felt the increased strength flow through her body as she finished her transformation. "We need to work on your sense of humor. Even back in our time you're humor wasn't always spot on."

"My apologies," Voltage said with a smirk as the two arrived at the damaged building. "Any life-signs?" Steel asked as the sound of combat echoed across the area.

"Never mind." Steel sighed. "Knowing our luck we're probably going to run into either Death or War in there.

Voltage smiled grimly as a blue electrical aura surrounded her and her fists began to crackle with power. "If we do, we'll be ready for them." She said with a smirk as they headed towards the building.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.