Knights Of New Gotham

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Ulrich runs towards the city he notices his legs were not tireing, his eyes widens when he realized it must have something to do with the beast blood . " then so be it" He says as he begins to sprint faster towards the source of the demonic aura in the city . As he approches what seemed to be a battle Ulirch draws his blade and enters the destroyed building . Ulrich takes a knee next to a green man who seemed to be taking his last breaths in this world .
" death can only reach a man ....only if he allows it " Ulrich says briefly before standing back up as his sword catches on fire . He watches as the two others battle waiting for his chance to strike at the Demon.

Arkham

One of the walls in the room suddenly began to glow and seemed to warp slightly as high voltage electricity seemed to engulf it for a moment before it collapsed as a female figure who seemed to made of silver armor burst through it. Steel moved out of the way just as a blast of electrical energy emerged from behind her and slammed into the creature.

Voltage smiled darkly as she stood next to Steel. "Wow. If you look this ugly I can only wonder how ugly your mother and father were." She said as she unleashed another barrage of high voltage electricity at Jester. Steel shook her head as she watched as Voltage continued unleashing blasts of electricity at the creature.

"Take him down! Before he escapes!" Steel shouted. She was about to charge the creature before Voltage's attacks began to lose power when she saw a green figure laying lifelessly on the ground near a figure with a sword wreathed in flames. She stopped dead in her tracks as her eyes widened.

"Viran?" She whispered in horror as she turned to look at the creature again and then at the man standing next to him. "Did you...? you couldn't have..."

Did one of those two manage to kill Viran? She thought numbly.

Jester takes stock of the situation seeing that he is outnumbered greatly and has no chance of winning he pulls out the deck of cards he uses and throws them up making the cards from as a barrier to stop attacks from hitting him to hard and begins to pump his wings getting higher and higher into the sky and fleeing from the battle.

With his blade ready Ulrich leaps at Jester as he takes to the sky. His sword clashes with the barrier of cards creating a loud grinding noise before repulsing him back to ground level. Not wasting any time Ulrich studys the barrier before throwing his sword into a near by buliding wall. Ulrich draws his daggers as he jumps onto his sword using it like a make shift spring to send him up in the air. Using his daggers he quikly begins to climb the side of the bulilding to the top . With no hesitation Ulrich leaps into the air holding his daggers up as they begin to glow , a bolt of lightning rips through the sky and strikes at the barrier of cards as his daggers make contact. This creates a small hole in the barrier for 2 secondes , That was long enouph to see the creatures face before its barrier repeled him . Landing back on the building, Ulrich watches as the demon flys away .

@Stryder

Apex's eyes shot up in surprise when he saw his weapon miss. It seemed impossible for a split moment, Apex had the upper hand, the element of surprise and this archer had just dodged it and loosed an arrow at Apex. Due to his surprise, he had just managed to dodge the arrow, only a few inches from his torso so the cyborg's body was arched in a C like position. "Well...well. You will be more fun than was promised...maybe. Yes?" he said as he drew a heavy caliber pistol with a barrel so long that it might suggest he was compensating for something. He began to run across the edge of the rooftop to keep himself from being a sitting duck, opening fire down at the archer. He didn't really take much care to aim, there wouldn't be as much fun to end the chase quite so soon after it started so one of the heavy rounds hit the corpse of the gangbanger which he had killed before, putting a hole in him which would make quite sure that he was dead as it spurt out blood in a way that made it quite clear that he was firing hollow point rounds. The gun itself didn't so much as bark as it clapped like thunder. There was no point after all.

"Dammit he's getting away!" Recluse shouted as he saw the being take flight, but not unscathed, he suffered through both Viran and Recluse's punishment. He was either really good at hiding pain or on a level beyond comprehension. "No! I'm not letting you get away from me!" He mentally shouted as he fired a line of webbing, sling shooting himself into the air, trying his best to give chase but he was just too fast. Landing gracefully atop Arkham Asylum, he knew it was too late, he was too fast, he'd have a better advantage if there were more buildings in the area. The spider made his way back down to the ground, in front of the strangers that bore an awful keen resemblance to Viran.

Ironsight watched his arrow speed on past the attacker, rapidly beginning to beep and explode. "Hm, well that's no good." he spoke as he saw the weapon be withdrawn by this, creature, a handgun, judging by from what he could see at the upper receiver, a high caliber weapon. His fined tuned ears could hear everything, the squeeze of the trigger, the chamber of the round, the hammer pushing the firing pin to slam forward and ignite the gunpowder in the round, soon the billets of rounds went his way. The archer quickly ran in an arcing pattern from the rounds, jumping on the hood of a stationary vehicle and knocking an arrow once again, an electric arrow should do the trick. Once he launched it forward, the archer crashed shoulder first into the window of a department store, groaning as he picked himself up and assessed his surroundings. Checking and patting himself down he quickly jerked his hand away from his leg, he was it, by the looks of it his femoral artery wasn't damaged. The archer quickly limped his way down the isles, trying to see he could establish an escape, heroics were important but this injury was a pressing matter.

Steel and Voltage watched as...whatever the hell the creature was took flight and escaped into the night sky. Voltage considered frying it with a blast of electricity but decided against it as it flew out of range. Instead, she looked as Steel keeled down next to Viran and she followed suit.

"What's wrong with him?" Voltage asked quietly as Steel checked his pulse. Steel shook her head and closed her eyes for a moment. "I don't know. His pulse is extremely weak but his ability to adapt should be fixing whatever is wrong with him, I've never seen anything like this before. Best guess is that something is disrupting his ability to adapt to whatever is making him sick."

"Let me try something." Voltage said quietly as she rubbed her hands together and a few sparks emerged. She placed both her hands on Viran's chest and a surge of electricity shot through him and made Viran's body jump slightly but nothing else happened.

"Nice." Steel muttered as she checked his pulse again and noticed that it had seemed to strengthen it slightly.

"Maybe the Valkorians in Second City can help. They know more about him than we do."

"If he thought they could help he most likely would have tried to get in contact with them earlier. No...I don't think this is natural. Maybe he was attacked and didn't tell us? I don't know why he wouldn't tell us though."

Steel looked over at the metahuman who had been fighting the winged thing and shook her head. "What happened to him? Did that thing attack him or something? Tell us exactly what happened to him."

Recluse had taken his moment to be angry with himself, no, livid was a better word to use. The fact that he could let someone like that get away to spread more carnage was something that made his skin crawl and his blood boil as if if he were a human inferno. His eyes shifting focus from the night sky to one of the two strangers that spoke, they demanded answers from him. "He was poisoned by that.....thing, I was trying to stop it but I was too late." He spoke, biting back anger and disappointment. A sound that mimicked the boom of a thunderclap, glowing purple energy form a circle around two figure, a male and female. For a minute they were covered by a swirling black mass devoid of light before it faded, showing the two beings.

Voidwolf was glad to have finally made it to Arkham Asylum but by the looks of it, they were both too late, there were no signs of the one who'd cause the detonation but he did see three strangers and an unconscious being. Reading his aura proved this stranger was seriously hurt and needed medical attention badly. "Perhaps you may know these people?" The hero asked Minami, unsure of whether to defend himself or not.

@Chev
@Minami
@WitchChild

When they arrived to the asylum Minami still had a slight smile on her face after meeting Voidwolf again, yet her smile quickly faded as the smoke cleared.
There were some people nearby, a couple she had heard of and one she didn't know. One of the group though, she knew all too well.
'Viran!' she yelled, running over and kneeling by him, her eyes shining as she attempted to see what was wrong with him.
'What happened??' she asked hastily, worry obvious on her face as a light burned around her hands attempting to heal her friend.

When they arrived to the asylum Minami still had a slight smile on her face after meeting Voidwolf again, yet her smile quickly faded as the smoke cleared.
There were some people nearby, a couple she had heard of and one she didn't know. One of the group though, she knew all too well.
'Viran!' she yelled, running over and kneeling by him, her eyes shining as she attempted to see what was wrong with him.
'What happened??' she asked hastily, worry obvious on her face as a light burned around her hands attempting to heal her friend.

Steel looked over at Mina and looked back at Voltage. Mina apparently didn't recognize her from her time with the Titans but that was alright. They had bigger problems to deal with at the moment. From what she was seeing, the healing Mina was attempting wasn't doing much at the moment.

"Something's wrong with his genetic code." Steel said quietly. "Normally Viran can adapt to anything that hurts him…but it looks almost like his ability to adapt is what was attacked first and from there it spread to the rest of his Genetic code."

Voltage stepped forward. "Do you want me to try and wake him up again?" She asked carefully as she looked down at Viran and narrowed her eyes for a moment. "Wait. Look at that." She pointed at a small sickly green glow that had emereged from a cut on Viran's arm. Steel sighed heavily as she saw it. "Well, if that doesn't scream "Death and War" I don't know what does."

Steel turned to look at Mina. "I don't know how they got him, it must have happened earlier but whatever happened, it looks like the poison that whatever it was earlier didn't help with the genetic damage that was already there."

Voltage looked at the others. "What do we do? How can we help him?

Voidwolf quickly moved over to Viran, deducing that these people weren't hostile, kneeling down beside the green behemoth so that he could inspect the wound closely. A deep purple glow appearing at the tips of his fingers as he reached toward the laceration. An instantaneous flash of pain flowed through his body, it was like a wrecking ball sped into his chest. The lupine hero recoiled and held his head from the overload of pain. "I have...an idea, this toxin, perhaps I can pull it from his body." He spoke aloud, getting the idea, drawing pain was an easier task than removing the cause of it.

Recluse looked at the hero in disbelief, could he really do that, pull something out a being's bloodstream? The wound had definite identifiers to the color and effect of the toxin but he doubted this would do anything more but cause pain. "If you really think that's going to save him, I won't stop you." He spoke up, glancing at the new face that had approached Viran.

"I have...an idea, this toxin, perhaps I can pull it from his body."

"If you really think that's going to save him, I won't stop you."

Steel looked over at Voltage and then back at Voidwolf and Recluse. "If you can do it, do it! Viran is probably in a lot of pain right now and we can't let him keep suffering like this! He saved me more than a few times back in Second City along with a lot of others. We owe it to him to help him!" Voltage looked at Steel and rubbed her hands together. "Worst comes to worst I can always jump start his heart." She offered.

Steel looked over at Mina before looking back at Viran. "I don't know what he was hit with, but it might be a good idea for someone to try and keep him calm while the toxin is being taken out. There's no telling what's going on in his mind, for all we know he might hallucinate when he wakes up. We should either restrain him or..."

Steel looked at Mina. "You two have been friends for a long time." She said quietly. "Maybe it would help if you talked to him or somehow let him know that your nearby. Viran never really got to know me that well and I doubt he knows the other ones here expect for the meta he was fighting with and even then he had just met him. He might respond better if your around."

@Minami
@Stryder

Minami looked at Viran with a worried look on her face the whole time the others were speaking, her hand gripping his tightly. He felt so cold to the touch, yet her entire body flared up as she held him, his pain surging through her mind like a flame.

She looked up at Steel and Voltage when Steel spoke to her and her gaze softened for a moment. 'If that is all I can do to help..' she mumbled, moving to sit on her knees next to Viran's head.
'You better help him..' her gaze darkened a bit again, before she put her hands on the sides of his head and closed her eyes.

Her hands glowed and a moment later she found herself in the unfamiliar area of Viran's mind, looking around curiously.
'Viran?' she called out, moving around.

'You better help him..'

Steel smiled slightly. "Don't worry. We won't let anyone hurt him and we'll do our best to help." She promised as Mina closed her eyes and a moment later it looked as if she was out.

Mindscape

'Viran?'

A loud roar of pain and rage filled Viran's mind and a moment later a familiar figure appeared in front of Mina as another familiar figure was sent flying past her . "I don't recall inviting you here little girl." Death said with an unnatural smile as bolts of blood red and black magic shot out from his hands. Each time a bolt was fired Viran's voice was heard shouting in pain. It was as though part of him was stuck here with Death even as his shadow virus attacked Viran's physical body simultaneously. Death smiled as the other figure rose to it's feet and Viran's face was revealed.

"This is his punishment." Death explained with a dark, twisted smile. "He should not have opposed our vision of rebuilding Valkoris. He should have worked with us rather then against us." Death casually waved his hand and the vision of Viran let out a shout of pain as what appeared to be some sort of giant axe sliced into his side and Viran hit the floor again as the weapon vanished, leaving Viran breathing heavily. He stared up at Death with what could best be described as murderous rage as he seemed to notice Mina off to the side. He slowly rose to his feet and looked at her in confusion for a moment before smiling slightly as he turned to Death. "Nice try. You already had the Titans kill me twice now and tricked me into killing the others four times. I won't fall for the same trick again."

Death let out a laugh that seemed to shake the core of Viran's mind. "Oh. This time she is real. Hopefully she'll die here along with you and then we can finish off your friends. What's the expression the humans use? Killing two birds with one stone? Yes...I like that expression."

Viran looked at Mina and shook his head in despair as the fear of her being trapped in here with him sank in. "Please, Mina! I don't want to see you die...I can't see you die...It would kill me. Try and leave while you can."

Death's insane grin was answer enough even before he spoke. "Too late for that. The shadow virus will kill you soon enough. And I won't let her leave. Not now. Not ever." He said with a disturbingly cheerful smile. "Now. Who wants to die first?"

@Minami

Voidwolf nodded firmly when he was asked if he could really accomplish this feat, doubt was understood but he could manage it. "Yes, though....this will cause us both excruciating pain." He explained, holding him down was the best course of action so far and as far as he could tell, the damage sustained by Viran's body seemed to hold some factors of the arcane. From what he could detect now, Mina had thrown herself into the mind of this being and so, he'd begin. The tips of his fingers began to grow a light purple as he focused himself, shutting his eyes and closing off his mind as he took hold of the very essence of this strange pathogen. Slowly the hero began to pull, straining as he held back he groans of pain until they forced themselves out in a animal-like roar of pain, slowly but sure the twisted mass exited the exact way it came. "Just hold on a little longer!" Voidwolf's mind boomed through the recesses of Viran's, making telepathic connection with the two, at least he hoped.

"Just hold on a little longer!"

Death looked up from the two in alarm as the unknown voice echoed through Viran's mind and stared at Viran uneasily. The Shadow Virus was being taken out of Viran's body, he could feel Viran's strength returning as his ability to adapt began to activate once again.

"Who are you?!" he roared angrily as his body began to glow with barely contained power. "Who dares to interfere?!"

Voidwolf managed a soft smirk within the extreme pain he felt, Viran's power would return to him the more he extracted this toxin. "Dark thing....I am the one who is stronger here. Please....release them both, or I'll just have to tear you from this mind." He threatened, as he withdrew the virus, it began to spiral it's way into a hard construct orb.
@Minami

Minami looked back to see another familiar face, one she was less happy to see this time. Her eyes narrowed as she stepped towards Death, electricity crackling around her hands in fury. 'Of course it's you...' she hissed lowly, glaring at him.
She didn't flinch when she noticed Viran, though her anger obviously grew as the sparks crackled louder and faster.
'You should leave him the fuck alone, he didn't share your vision and he doesn't need to listen to the likes of you.' she exclaimed.

She looked at Viran and smiled gently, before glancing back at Death again. 'Don't worry Death, I have no intention of leaving here without destroying you.. and this time I brought an old friend to help me..' she smiled sweetly.

"Dark thing....I am the one who is stronger here. Please....release them both, or I'll just have to tear you from this mind."

'Don't worry Death, I have no intention of leaving here without destroying you.. and this time I brought an old friend to help me..'

The image of Death snarled angrily. "Even with the two of you, you cannot stop me! The fool will die a painful death for his choice!" Death's hands were obscured by shadows for a moment as he gathered energy but the shadows vanished after a moment as Death's eyes widened.

"No!" He roared angrily as he felt the Shadow Virus leave Viran's body. The mental image of Viran rose to it's feet and looked over at Mina with a gentle smile. "Thank you." He said quietly. "This is my mind again. And I think it's time we show Death that he holds no power here anymore."

With every ounce of his power, the virus was finally retrieved from Viran, stored completely within the sphere of energy, the swirling black mass spiraling like a storm cloud within. "Now, it is fine. But you, Viran....let your body rest itself, I will take care of this one." He spoke confidently, within a moment of notice, Voidwolf's energy manifested into a large wolf. "I told you I would rip you from this place and I will ensure it is painful." He snarled, the large beast baring its teeth and barking visciously and he stood in front of Minami and Viran as if to guard them.

Status
Not open for further replies.