Knight Hunters: Project Shine

Thank you so much Vay. Do you think we should use the old ic, for the sake of...um... unclutteriness? If you bump it I can have the timeskip up in a day maybe two at the most...

Arsenal won't be joining us, so Wild Turkey just won't show up for mission planning. I have yet to hear back from Alarice and Warmaster whether or not their interested in trying this again, but I can be working on a the timeskip and set up in the meantime.

RECAP: When vigilante secret society Kritiker's director died the power vaccuume left the organization in chaos. Agents were scattered; some went into hiding, others were killed. Months later a new Director has been appointed and operatives have been dispatched to try to round up teams to continue with business as usual: rooting out corruption and assassinating evil masterminds the governments, for whatever reason, can do nothing about.

Project Shine is a team in San Fransisco put together by Kritiker Assassin Aya Fujimiya. Your handlers are two women by the code names Russian and Roulette, who run a quiet bar/lounge where Shine can plan clandestine operations without raising suspiscion and (usually) without inturruption. Kritiker encourages it's agents to try to hold on to a sembelance of normal lives, but should you lose your day job you can be on the Bar's official payrole...

Our currant project is the destruction of a human smuggling ring selling illegal immegrants to various underground slave markets. Shine's first upcoming mission is to get on the cargo ship the Southern Sun and obtain a copy of the records of the Captains business dealings, before or after assassinating him. Crewmen, being involved, are not considered innocent and therefore no special care is to be taken to spare their lives.

Backstage, we have decided that the ship is guarded (infested) with ninjabots created by Dr. Soulstein- extremely fast , very deadly, but sensative to light and not very sturdy.

Now, did we decide we were going in by boat or helicopter?

Please note that due to the nature of this rp it is still accepting characters. If you are interested post a CS and I'll work you into the plot. I reccomend reading the OOC intro and the other CS's though, so you know who is who and what their job is.

Heeheehee. Okies. We'll say her characters are npcs for now, in the background untill she's less busy, that way she can pick them back up anytime. Could you pull the IC out of the graveyard?

It will be me, you, Darkness and Warmaster then, with the absentees as npcs.

Reading back a bit it looks like we agreed to meet on the docks, timeskip is a yes, and we're going by boat correct? The ship is too close to shore for Kritiker to be willing to rick a helicopter.

awww. and i did all that research and planning for the combined Chinook/little boat insertion!

Well, actually as I'm sitting down to write I'm thinking we might NEED to do the copter thing instead. Here's what I'm looking at: fighting the ninjabots en masse is gonna suck. And if we take a boat, eh. Its going to be too hard to pull out.

So I'm changing the distance the ship is going to be from shore. We'll put it about a mile from docking, and the mission will be starting about two am, when a helicopter is less likely to be noticed, as the docks are decently far from a residential area (yes, I know freaking ALL of SF is resedential, I'm pulling creative lic.)

So you get your copter. I'm working on the time skip now, we'll be meeting at the docks and the copter will have been brought in on a truck. You get to elaborate on what other equiptment kritiker has given you, whether to jump for joy or gripe about it, up to you.

WOOOO!

K so who's going to be piloting the helicopter? I'm assuming WMS? Because Aya is awesome, but he's not so awesome he automatically knows how to pilot a helicopter....

Ninjabots might be distracted slaughtering the crew and cargo. In the words of Dr. Soulstien: "If they will not give themselves to be made anew, then they will help me testing the design of my Mk. 2.3 Ninjabots." [insert evil laughter here]

well, Molotov is really at his best when he's commanding a vehicle, and that is hios assigned role, so i reckon he should fly the chopper.
:jack: TIME TO FLY!!

Vay, have I mentioned how much I adore your evil butt lately? I adore your evil butt.

Okay, I just wanted to ask, since the numbers of ninjabots on board is undetermined, are we good for slaughtering them as best we're able, as you can just keep tossing them at us till you get board?

And my husband confirms: a helicopter, damn however much noise it might make, would totally go unnoticed in knight hunters cannon.

Time skip will be up sometime tomorrow, I have to write it tonight (I'm drunk so its slow going) then copy and refresh the page to post it. Server Reset I thwart you!!!

Have one for me!

And I'd estimate no more then 50 bots aboard with most of those bust with the cargo. As for tearing through those that are after you they're smart enough to know when you retreat (I.E. They they're seen and getting shot at. They're built for ambush and hit and run attacks) though I could see quite a few getting destroyed in the fight. And once you're spotted they'll come at you in larger and larger groups and shift their tactics.

No worries, I'm still here and around! But my compy tower is being evil as of late! I still have Selene and Snuggles and ... Glaive! I can't believe I almost forgot his name.

@Warmaster: oh I did. I drank my irish/scottish/russian ancestors proud last night.

@Alarice: Well it has been a while. I confess I had to go back and make a note of all the characters names and who was playing them for easy referance.

I can relate to the comp tower issues. I have pretty much given up trying to get my laptop back up and running, so my phone is pretty much my only net access. On the upside I can take the darn thing pretty much anywhere!

So is it ok if we drag you along npc style? Post when you can and let us know if you want us to hold up if you wanna do/say something before we move on. I'm off to finish the IC thing...

@Vay: good! Keeps things interesting.

UPDATE: time skip done and up. Christmas time kiddies! Make sure all your requested toys are there and we're off! Warmaster, your in charge of the insertion details because you did all that wonderful research.

XD Well, I can play my charries so there's no need to NPC them for me. Unless it's easier for you guys to do that?

Your right npc is the wrong term. Gaaaah. I just meant that if we haven't heard from you I won't be spam pming you to post, wringing my hands thinking I've lost your interest... we'll just play and if we hit spot where you reallly needed to do or say something and we don't hear from you for a week, well just flow around it and you can fill it in flashback style later or something.

I think we need a couple more players. I don't know maybe I'm just in a bad mood but Darkness never got back to me and I know Alarice is having connection troubles- Arsenal is just bored...

If no one signs up or comes back, Vay, Alarice, WMD, if you are interested in working together to hash out a better/more detailed plot (WMD, if you are willing to share your secrets with Vay- if not I won't tell...) maybe we could do it via pm and try this again some other time. This is my first RP, I'm wracking my brain trying to figure how how I can make it better, any suggestions?

if thats whats gotta be done then its gotta be done!

I'm not ready to give up yet. I'm gonna submit this to rp therapy and see if the masters have any advice on what I could do better.