Kissing Weirdos

"Eh, I really don't have anywhere to go..." he added. Of course he didn't want to leave. "How about we go somewhere? Coffee or something?" He was shockedat his own boldness.

"Uh, yea sure." Dillon started, she didn't have anything to do anyways and she could go for a coffee.

"Cool," he said as he made his way to stand. As he did, he held out his hand to help her up.

Dillon hesitated, but then grabbed his hand, using his support to pull herself up. For a moment she stared into his eyes. Then she quickly looked away.

There, in that moment he felt something. When her eyes caught his looking at her. 'What was that?' He asked himself. He ignored it, then allowing her to go first he followed her pointing out his car.

Dillon saw Kyle point to a car, she walked to it assuming it was his. Without looking at him she said, "You can call me Dilly."

His mouth curved in a small smile. He liked that name. It felt it suited her. "Okay. Nice to meet you Dilly. Call me Ky." He said as he opened her door, letting her in. Then he went to his side and got in. "Where would you like to go?"

"Pleasure." She said and sat in her seat, she looked over at him and shrugged, "I dunno, do you have anything in mind?"

He sat back and thought for a while. "Well, I work at a cafe a few blocks from here. Both too pricey and it's a cozy kind of place. That okay?"

"Yea, sure." She said looking at the boy, smiling for the first time. It was strange, this boy, she had just met him but she already felt safe around him.

"Cool." He started the car and they were off. He kept the radio off. Normally he would sing to his favorite band as he drove. He didn't want to put her out of place again. Still the car ride was too quiet. He was glad it didnt take long to get to the shop.

He opened the cafe door for her so she could go first. As soon as he did so he was shouted at with greetings by all his regulars. He waved and smiled, glad he was not working that night. He guided her to a table pulling her chair for her to sit.

Dillon smiled and took her seat. "So.." She tried to think of something to say but nothing came to mind.

"So...what are you going to Summerset for? Music?" He asked in attempt to make conversation.

"Yea," She nodded, she kept finding herself lost in Ky's eyes

He smiled at her. He hadn't told her his major, mainly because he himself didn't like it. But it was what his father urged so he hadn't had a choice.
She was beautiful. He had to admit. He only looked at her a short moment, not wanting to freak her out, at least until he noticed her looking too. "What do you like to eat?"

"Well, anything really." She chuckled, although her skinny appearance, she actually ate food a lot.

He sighed when she chuckled. He was relieved that she was actually relaxing. "Well they have Good stuff. I hoped you like it. I'm not just saying that because I work here." He said with a smile.

Dillon smiled back, "What's your favorite food to eat here?"

"Shrimp and chicken Alfredo. I'm a big fan of pasta and seafood." Just then the waiter approached, smiling at Kyle. "Hey dude, What's up?"
"Hey. Just here relaxing. This is my friend Dilly. Dilly this is my buddy Brady." He made his introduction and then his order. "What can I get for you?" Brady turned and asked Dillon.

Dillon decided she would try what Ky had said he liked, "Ill have the shrimp and chicken Alfredo." She said.