【кετรยεкí】sιℓvεяωιηg【MeganFieldsman】

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We need to burn her corpse."
Gladly. He thought back in reply. He felt Azel's thoughts fill with concern and quickly got up. He quickly started to burn the corpse in his icy flames. Relax, Azel. You will heal as you said and she is long dead. Calvin's mind then wandered off. He had noticed lately Azel had been more willing to throw himself into trouble. He had been reckless. It was starting to scare Calvin. He could not protect someone vaulting themselves into danger. He finished burning her and trotted around scouting the area. Griffin's usually do not travel alone. He would why this one seemed to be alone.

His head was spinning. Azel plopped on the ground, struggling to clear his mind. He assumed this was a result of blood loss. Azel closed his eyes. A low whine escaped his lips. He was in no condition to battle if more Griffin appeared. "I need to tell you something Cal," he murmured. His silvery scales were stained with his blood. Half of his wounds were completely healed. It would take time before his other half patched up. If he morphed into his human form, he could of died. He was too vulnerable now. Since he lost too much blood, he felt weak, almost helpless. "There's a reason why she targeted me..." he continued. He cracked one eye open. Azel peered at his mate, his twin brother. Despite his taboo relationship, Azel didn't regret it, not one bit.

"There's a reason why she targeted me..."
Calvin ears popped to Azel's direction in concern and curiosity. What was it? His question was strong and direct. He was sure of it now. There had been more to what happened in the separation than Azel had ever told. Calvin knew this meant he would probably need to confess all that happened also. He stayed alert and looked around waiting for his brother's explanation.

Azel remained in his spot. A wave of dizziness washed over him. It wouldn't be wise if he moved. "When we were separated, I ran into her brother, a large Griffin with a hostile attitude. We battled for quite awhile, but I managed to kill him. However, due to our battle, hunters discovered me. It was because of that Griffin I was captured. He acted as bait," he explained. A low whine escaped his lips. He recalled that dreadful day. Painful memories surfaced inside his mind, reminding him of what transpired. He subconsciously shared those memories with his mate, showing him how he was subjected to torture and other cruel activities. A few minutes later, his wounds healed almost completely. It would take awhile for internal damage to heal, but the surface of his wounds closed up. Azel rose from his spot, shaking his head. He felt weak, but he managed to stand. He didn't want to linger anymore. It was too risky. "I want to leave Cal. I don't want to stay here, not when more Griffin could arrive," he declared.

Calvin's mind tried to wrap around what his mate was telling, but it was too much. He could believe something could be so cruel. He wanted and wished for the destruction of all griffins. When the images rushed through his head, he understood all that had happened. He knew now why Azel had felt so abandon. Azel had always been protected by Calvin, but Calvin had not returned to go with Azel to the next stop. He thought Azel must have thought he had some part in what happened. He luckily did not share these thoughts.
"I want to leave Cal. I don't want to stay here, not when more Griffin could arrive," Azel declared.
Calvin shook his head and looked to his brother who was already standing. He huffed out smoke similar to a human sigh and nodded. Let's get going. I don't think we should search for the ruins or circle back to town. Let's go to the next and talk around until we hear of anything worth looking into. Calvin began to walk slow so Azel could keep up.

Azel followed, trotting next to Calvin's side. His movements were sluggish, but continued walking. His strength would eventually return. However, overcoming blood loss required rest. Unfortunately, he couldn't afford that luxury, not now. Azel nudged his head affectionately against Calvin's neck. "I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough," he murmured. His right wing brushed against Calvin's left wing. Albeit, he was disheartened at skipping the ruins, he wouldn't argue against his dominant mate. He cleared his thoughts, focusing on the path in front of him. He shook his head, fighting off another wave of dizziness. He didn't have time to rest. Azel refused to endanger his brother any further. This was his fault. He hated the thought of dragging his mate into potential danger. A low whine escaped his throat. Guilt clawed at his heart maliciously. His gaze lowered to the ground. He made a mental note to wash his scales. Blood stained the front of his chest, traveling up his neck. Unfortunately, he didn't have time cleaning his mess.

Calvin pushed himself forward as Azel nudged him softly. He wanted to stop with all that he was. He hated pushing Azel like this, but it was necessary for their safety that they continue. His mind wandered as he slowly walked with his brother. You need to stop throwing yourself into danger like this though. I know it latched onto you, but I need you to try your best to stay away from dangerous things like griffins. Azel.. youre quick, smart, and a good aim, but you cant handle combat like I can. Next time something this happens let me protect you. Calvin scolded Azel as they walked. He then nuzzled Azel affectionately.

Azel lowered his head instinctively, listening to his dominant's command. "I-I'm sorry," he mumbled submissively. He returned Calvin's affectionate nuzzle. He purred in delight. "I-I'll try my best," he added. He leaned closer and licked his brother's face, resembling a human peck. He continued walking, forcing himself. He couldn't afford slowing down. He knew his brother hated it, but it was inevitable. Once they were safe, he would rest. Azel yearned to fly, but he was in no condition to navigate through the sky. He hated being stuck on the ground, but he didn't have a choice.

Calvin grinned at his brother after a sweet lick to the cheek. Then walked ahead slightly. J wanted nothing more than to fly up and to look around, to make sure no one was head their direction and to make sure they were headed the right way. Unfortunately, he also felt he could not leave Azel alone on the ground. He whined softly to himself. He knew town was a bit aways and that Azel needed more rest. He knew he was in no condition to turn back into a human yet to be carried either.

Thirty minutes later, a heavy wave of vertigo washed over him. A low whine escaped his throat. He teetered towards his side and knocked into his brother, crashing on the ground. A whimper escaped his lips. His vision blurred, creating a sea of colors. A migraine pierced through his skull. He instinctively morphed into his human form, losing his strength of maintaining his dragon form. Livid marks marred his neck and upper torso, a result from his healing wound. After his wound healed completely, his neck and chest would be covered in slash scars. He laid on his side, shivering. He released a weak distress call. "I-I'm sorry," he rasped, his voice hoarse from his marred neck. Tears pricked at the corner of his eyes. Sweat accumulated on his forehead. A shudder surged down his spine. He closed his eyes and gripped the grass. Everything was too bright.

Calvin immediately whined and scooped Azel up with his snout. He quickly, but gently placed Azel on his back. He shook his head and flew up. He knew then needed to get to town fast so Azel could rest and finish healing. He pushed himself to go as fast as he could. Calvin's body screamed at him though. He had also faced the griffin. Though it was not able to latch onto him it had definitely knocked him around. His body wanted nothing more than to be still, but he could not let it. He raced towards the town. They were lucky it was a short distance between the two towns.

Azel instinctively clutched onto Calvin, despite his weakened state. He rested his head on his brother's shoulders. A faint whimper escaped his lips. He slowly succumbed to unconsciousness. He couldn't fight the vertigo anymore. His body needed to rest. Fortunately, his healing factor repaired most of his severe damage in his dragon form. As a result, he would be able to survive in his human form. "Calvin," he whispered softly in his sleep. A shiver surged down his spine. Sweat poured down the side of his face, a result from his growing fever. A low whine elicited from the back of his throat. He pressed himself closer against his mate's back, seeking warmth. His mating mark burned. Tears trickled down his cheeks. He hated feeling pain.

Calvin swallowed back all his fears, worries, and concern as he pushed himself faster towards the town. After another good 5-10 minutes he landed and quickly morphed into a human taking his brother into his arms as he did. He commanded his legs to carry him just a little longer. They were close to the edge of town. He ran as fast as he could with his fatigued body. As soon as he entered the town, he went up to someone. "Fucking tell me where the nearest inn is?" Calvin commanded the bystander. The guy laughed and pointed. "Just up ahead on the left. no need to be so rude." he told Calvin. Calvin let out a low growl and quickly ran to the inn.

After Calvin morphed into his human form, Azel rested his head against his chest. He lifted his hand and clutched the front of Calvin's shirt. A whimper escaped his lips. A shiver surged down his spine. His fever was worsening. "S-so cold," he murmured. Normally, he preferred the cold, but a fever changed that feeling. His fingers subconsciously grazed Calvin's mating mark, brushing over the sensitive skin. Azel buried his face against the crook of Calvin's neck, pressing himself closer against his dominant mate. A few peasants stared at the two, but they were ignored. Azel screwed his eyes shut, releasing another whine. He felt completely vulnerable. His strength was dwindling. His tears stained Calvin's neck, but he didn't care. Right now, he sought the comfort of his mate.

Calvin paid attention to the smallest details as he checked them in the hotel. The inn keeper gave him a strange judgmental look and Calvin knew exactly why. It did not bother him though. The keeper showed him to their rooms and left them be. Calvin set Azel down in the bed making sure to tuck him in nicely. He frowned. "You have a terrible fever. Please let me go out and get something for it." He said sitting down beside Azel and brushing Azel's hair out of his face. "I can't have my beautiful boy stay sick like this when I could go out and get herbs to make him feel better."

He opened his eyes slowly. A small, weak smile painted his lips. He lifted his hand and grasped Calvin's hand. "Go," he murmured hoarsely. He raised his palm and pressed it against the side of Calvin's face. "I-I'll be fine," he assured weakly. Due to his wound on his neck, his voice was scratchy. Unfortunately, it may be permanent. He wouldn't know the extent of his damage until his wounds healed completely. It would leave livid scars on his skin, that much he was certain. A part of him hoped Calvin wouldn't beat himself up for it. He didn't want his mate blaming himself for something he couldn't prevent. It wasn't his fault! He chose to fight the Griffin. She attacked him, not the other way around. "-love you," he whispered. He closed eyes and drifted off. He was slipping in and out of consciousness. At one point, he was asleep, but another, he was awake. He couldn't control it.

Calvin smiled softly at those words and kissed Azel's forehead. He made sure one last time Azel was comfortable. He even went into the bathroom and got a wet cool cloth and put it on Azel's forehead. Calvin was good at playing mother. He sighed lightly as he closed the curtains slightly dimming the lights and then he went out. He took a sack of coins with him. He ventured around town for a moment spotting a few places that he would like to visit like the blacksmith. His twin daggers needed a good sharpening. Then he found the small shop and herbs he was looking for. Most towns had them. They were the only means of medicine really. Calvin went to the counter. He knew exactly what Azel needed. As said, he was great at playing mother. He had always seemed to just fill the role naturally. "I need some honey, yarrow, and elderberry flowers." he did not asked but commanded. He plopped the coin bag on the counter. The frail looking old lady behind the counter just nodded and went to the back. She came back with four small pouches instead of three. Calvin sighed and mumbled to himself. "Listen, you old dwarf, I only ne-" She laughed and cut him off, "I threw in a thing in peppermint. It will help this fever whoever has. They must be important to ya. Girlfriend? Wife? Mother? Sister?" She handed him the pouches kindly. He smiled softly and blushed. "Wife you could say." Then he left leaving the bag of coins. "Sonny! This is too much! They on-" He kept walking. They had plenty of money.

Azel remained unconscious during Calvin's quest. He tossed and turned, but he didn't awaken. He was currently laying on his side, curled up into a fetal position. His wet cloth slipped off his forehead, resting on top of his pillow. His bangs plastered against his sweaty alabaster skin. A shudder surged down his spine. His cheeks were flushed from his raging fever. A whimper escaped his lips. He breathed in deeply and exhaled slowly. A scratchy cough escaped his lips. He was currently enduring a lucid dream, filled with his desires of locating Aleris. "C-Calvin," he whispered. His hands instinctively clutched his sheets. He curled up tighter, forming a small ball. He felt undeniably freezing. It should of been welcoming, but it was different when he experienced fevers. It was rare for a dragon to become sick. His immune system was strong. However, his body weakened due to his wounds. After he forced himself to walk, he overexerted. His body couldn't take the strain. He wasn't as resilient as his brother, despite his racial status. A low whine elicited from the back of his throat. His dream was transforming into a nightmare. His body trembled, fear radiating off his form. "C-Calvin," he mumbled. He desperately called out his mate's name, yearning for protection. His submissive instincts kicked in, calling for his dominant. He released a weak, but firm distress call. In this state, he couldn't control his actions. Tears trickled past his closed eyelids. His expression contorted with pain. "C-Cal," he rasped brokenly.

Calvin walked straight back to the inn. He quickly walked to the room. It took him a lot less time to get back than it had to get there. He opened the door as Azel rasped brokenly, "C-Cal."
Calvin dropped the herbs in the door way and rushed to Azel in the bed. He quickly gathered Azel up in his arms. "I'm here, Az. I'm here. Wake up. I'll never let you go." he cooed soothingly in Azel's ear.

"...I'll never let you go."

A soft groan escaped his lips. His eyes fluttered open. It took him a moment to register his position. He bit his lip and buried his face against Calvin's chest. He clutched the front of his shirt. He mumbled a few words incoherently, shaking like a leaf. Fear radiated off his body. His tears stained the front of Calvin's shirt. A sob escaped his lips. It was weak, raspy, and strained. He didn't know if he would regain the ability of proper speech. That Griffin marred his neck pretty deep. There was a chance his voice would be affected. "-m sorry-" he cried. He hated crying in front of his mate. He didn't want to fill his brother with worry. However, he couldn't control the tears. His recent nightmare terrified him. His body was weakened by the intense fever.

Status
Not open for further replies.