【кετรยεкí】sιℓvεяωιηg【MeganFieldsman】

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calvin pulled Azel's face up to look at his. "I failed you again. Don't be sorry." he says and then cuts off anything Azel could have said with a soft kiss. "I love you, Az. Now relax. You dont have to sleep, but I need to go in the other room and cook up this remedy." He held Azel a moment longer then forced himself to get and go get the pouches from the doorway. He then puts them on to cook.

A pair of hands lifted his face, forcing him to peer into his mate's icy blue eyes. His periwinkle gaze glistened with unshed tears. Before he could protest, Calvin silenced him with a soft kiss. A small gasp emitted from his throat. Due to his fever, it was impossible to distinguish his sickness from his blushing. His eyes quivered with emotion. He sniffled, rubbing his eyes feverishly. "A-alright," he mumbled hoarsely. After Calvin walked away, Azel remained sitting. A shiver surged down his spine. He raised his arms and rubbed them against his biceps, creating friction. It was rare for him to receive fevers. He forgot how much he heated experiencing sickness. Normally, he adored the cold. Unfortunately, his body yearned the opposite; warmth. He stared blankly at the wall, lost in thought. He continued his rubbing, creating a minuscule of warmth.

Calvin stirred the remedy together and left it the brew. Usually if they were in dragon form their stomachs and digestive systems would take care of taking in all the herbs separate. It was different as humans. The human body was cable but did not handle itself as well. Calvin sighed in worry as he walked back to Azel. He grabbed another blanket and wrapped it and his arms around Azel. "You can barrow my body heat, Az." he stated with a smirk.

"You can borrow my body heat, Az."

A pair of arms wrapped around his willowy form, covering his shoulders with an additional blanket. He flushed at the comment. However, his embarrassment was masked by his feverish glow. He leaned against his mate, snuggling closer. A shiver surged down his spine. A faint whimper escaped his lips. He buried his face in Calvin's chest. "For a Silvering, you're surprisingly warm," Azel mumbled softly. He winced in pain, a result from his wounded neck. He moved closer, yearning for more warmth. He felt safe in his brother's arms. He lifted his hands and clutched the front of Calvin's shirt. He nuzzled his face against Calvin's neck affectionately. His snowy white bangs plastered against his sweaty forehead. His breathing was becoming labored.

Calvin grew worried as Azel began to look sicker and sicker. He grew impatient to hear the brew boil. All he could do was reply to the last thin Azel said. "I guess that was something to do with having a weaker flame than most other Silverwings." He held Azel close. "I thought you knew that was why I became good at close combat." he spoke with haste and unease not with his words but unease with the situation. He knew this chitchat was not going to help Azel, but he had nothing else he could do at the moment. His muscles and cunning could not defend against illness.

A small smile painted his lips. "I didn't say it was a bad thing, Cal," he whispered hoarsely. He lifted his head and peered into his mate's icy blue eyes. His gaze filled with warmth, twinging with adoration. "You're strong, with or without your icy burn. It won't stop me from loving you," he admitted. Azel snuggled closer, seeking warmth. He curled his head underneath Calvin's chin. Shivers traveled down his spine. He trembled in Calvin's loving embrace. A wave of exhaustion washed over him. His instincts screamed to remain awake, but his body protested, yearning for slumber. A small yawn escaped his lips. His eyes drooped. "I feel safe when I'm in your arms," he rasped. His voice grew weaker, a result from his healing neck. He was losing his ability to speak for now.

"I feel safe when I'm in your arms."
Calvin's whole existence filled with joy. That was all he had ever wanted and more. All of a sudden, he heard the brew boiling. He smiled softly, but on the inside he was sad to have to get up. "Let me just go get the remedy for you. Then you will be feeling better in no time." he cooed softly as he began to remove himself from around Azel. All that he was screamed not to move. He still needed rest himself from the travels and he hated leaving Azel alone even for a moment. It was only going to be a moment though. He forced himself up and ventured back to the brew. He poured it into a bowl and blew on it some hoping to cool it down. He carefully carried it back to Azel trying not to spill any of it. He felt satisfied with himself that in a way he knew how to even fight illness.

After Calvin detached himself, Azel remained sitting. A large blanket covered his willowy form. His periwinkle eyes averted towards a bowl. A familiar scent of herbs wafted through his nostrils. A gentle smile painted his lips. With Calvin's assistance, Azel lifted the bowl to his lips. He sipped it slowly. His throat relinquished at the delectable taste. He sipped it a few more times, draining the bowl dry. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. Azel peered at his mate. "T-thank you," he whispered. He leaned forward and pressed his lips against Calvin's cheek. A small yawn escaped his lips. It was harder for him to maintain consciousness. A wave of fatigue washed over him. He blinked sleepily, rubbing his eyes. He pushed back his sweaty bangs, tucking his strands behind his ear. Azel lifted his arms and wrapped them around Calvin's neck. He buried his face against the crook of Calvin's neck. "Stay," he mumbled.

Calvin slowly assisted Azel in drinking his remedy. He watched carefully for some reason and also wished he was the bowl. He looked away for a moment then Azel thanked him. Calvin smirked softly at Azel's meager declaration of appreciation. It was all he needed though. He set the bowl aside. A pair of arms wrapped around him making him stumble ever so slightly as Azel's face slowly went into the crook of him neck.
"Stay."
Calvin laughed softly. "You couldn't make me leave." He carefully climbed onto the bed without making Azel lose his hold. Calvin gently wrapped himself back around Azel and planted a kiss on his sweaty forehead. "You really need a bath, beautiful boy." he said softly. He then smirked and said,"You are not feeling better by morning I'll have to bathe you myself." Calvin liked that idea taking care of Azel's needs even his cleanliness. He liked Azel being so dependent on him, but he hated the reason.

"I'll have to bathe you myself."

His blush darkened. He burrowed his face deeper against Calvin's neck. "Nnn," he mumbled. A yawn escaped his lips. His eyes fluttered shut. "-ove you," he murmured. His grip around Calvin's neck slackened. A few minutes later, he fell asleep. His body succumbed to unconsciousness. A wave of security washed over him. As long as he remained in Calvin's arms, his nightmares would cease. Despite Calvin's adoration, Azel hated being a burden. He didn't want to be so dependent on Calvin. After they were separated, he learned it was important to maintain some independence. As Calvin's submissive mate, he was expected to rely on his dominant. Unfortunately, he developed a stubborn streak. His breathing was improving, becoming less labored. His body was replenishing from the herbal remedy. He snuggled closer to his mate, pressing his body against his brother. His arms slid down, wrapping around Calvin's torso. His head remained buried in the crook of Calvin's neck. His soft breath brushed against Calvin's skin.

Calvin yawned softly and whispered back, "I love you too." Watching Azel drift off made him sleepy also. The light outside was slowly fading at this point anyways. His body finally acknowledged its own fatigue. His eyes strained to stay open and watch Azel a little longer, but they gave in as Azel arms wrapped around him. Sleep washed over Calvin like the old friend it was. He felt right where he was supposed to be.

Azel remained in Calvin's arms, fast asleep. Before they knew it, morning rolled over. Sunlight seeped past the window, beaming down on the bonded mates. Due to Azel's position, he wasn't affected by the sunlight. He faintly snored, curled against Calvin's side. In the middle of the night, his fever broke. His face wasn't flushed anymore. "Cal...vin," he mumbled in his sleep. His grip on Calvin's shirt tightened. A serene expression plastered on his face. His sweaty bangs plastered against his alabaster skin.

The sunlight hit Calvin's face and he woke up with smile down at Azel seeing he was sleeping peacefully. He watched Azel and let him sleep a little longer not wanting to disturb him. He was happy Azel did not feel feverish anymore. He smirked lightly to himself. He really could take care of another quite well. He began to wonder what Azel was dreaming of. He wondered if Azel still dreamed of finding that special lady dragon. He knew Azel loved him and was happy to be his mate. The thought remained if Azel was just settling though. Calvin hoped he was all Azel had ever wanted in a mate, but felt it was unlikely. He just went on trying to imagine what Azel might be dreaming of.

A small smile painted his lips. "...ur child...is beau...ful...Cal," he mumbled. He snuggled closer towards Calvin, tightening his grip around his mate's torso. A ray of light beamed on his face. A soft groan escaped his lips. He burrowed his face deeper against Calvin's chest. A sigh escaped his lips. He slipped into deeper unconsciousness, dreaming of a miracle. A part of him wanted a child. He couldn't deny it. However, both of them were men, incapable of producing a offspring. Despite that miscalculation, Azel didn't regret mating with his brother. It was forbidden, completely taboo. On the other hand, it didn't matter. He felt at his safest when he was inside his brother's arms.

"...ur child...is beau...ful...Cal."
Calvin almost felt sick to his stomach hearing that mumbled through Azel's sleep. He was not sure if it was from all the butterflies and happiness of being reassured with his name or the sadness that washed over at the mention at a child. A child was something Calvin had always wanted, but knew he would never have. From a young age as a dragon, he thought he would never find a mate. All the female dragons he had ever met were... not his type. They were just missing something. They were all too independent, rude, or something for his liking. He felt he would never have a mate at especially when not too terribly long before his feelings for Azel emerged. He sighed softly and held Azel close. He wanted nothing more than to be able to give Azel a child, but they just did not have the stuff for it. Maybe something will be different when we get there. He thought silently to himself.

A few minutes later, a groan pierced through the air. Azel awakened from his slumber. He opened his eyes slowly. He rose into a sitting position, stretching. A small yawn escaped his lips. He rubbed his eyes sleepily. He turned and peered at his mate. A small smile painted his lips. His wounds were healed completely. However, livid scars imprinted his neck and upper torso. He doubted they would fade. "Morning," he mumbled. His voice was slightly scratchy, but it was stronger than yesterday. He wondered if he would regain his full ability of speech. "Did you sleep well?" he inquired softly. His fingers instinctively brushed against his scars. A small frown marred his lips. His gaze lowered to the mattress. He wondered how his mate would react. Azel hoped Calvin didn't start blaming himself. He didn't want his lover to beat himself over something he couldn't control. Azel didn't anticipate the female Griffin to gain an upper hand. He should of been more alert, more prepared.

"I di-" Calvin stopped noticing Azel negative reaction to his new scars. Calvin frowned for a moment hating that Azel had to be reminded of it. He knew him hating would do nothing. Then Calvin smirked and pulled Azel close. He kissed neck where his new scar was a few times then look into Azel's eyes. "No matter what you are my beautiful boy. You understand?" he said the last part with a little force behind it.

"No matter what you are my beautiful boy. You understand?"

A pair of lips attached to his neck, kissing a few of his scars. Livid slash marks adorned most of his neck and upper chest. A shiver surged down his spine. He suppressed the urge to moan. His neck was hyper sensitive. He flushed in embarrassment. "I-I understand," he murmured breathlessly. He peered into his mate's icy blue eyes. A small smile painted his lips. His blush darkened. He lifted his arms and wrapped them around Calvin's neck. His eyes averted towards the side. "I-I feel a little dizzy. I-I-" he stammered. He bit his lips. His cheeks burned. "-wouldn't mind if-if y-you helped me b-bath-" he added. He buried his face against Calvin's chest. He couldn't finish his sentence. It was too embarrassing!

Calvin smirked. "People may look at as funny down at the bath house? Will that bother you too much?" he questioned smugly. Calvin loved seeing Azel flustered like this to have it be over him was a bonus. He happily picked Azel up off the bed. There something about the last few days that did not seem real. He could not put his finger on if it was all the strange bad things that had happened or all the amazing good. He was content with not knowing though as he looked into that pair of periwinkle eyes above a rosey blush.

His face flushed scarlet. "I-I don't c-care about them. I-I-" he stammered. He struggled to maintain eye contact. His periwinkle irises quivered with emotion. A low whine escaped his throat. He buried his face in the crook of Calvin's neck. His fingers clutched the front of Calvin's shirt. He was completely flustered. A part of him regretted bringing this up. However, he wasn't lying about his condition. He felt too dizzy, a result from his recovery. He didn't want to strain himself. He promised his brother he wouldn't be reckless. "W-why the bathhouse w-when there is a-bath h-h-" he babbled.

Status
Not open for further replies.