【кετรยεкí】sιℓvεяωιηg【MeganFieldsman】

Status
Not open for further replies.
"C..alvin..."
He smirked likely and brushed Azel's hair back. He kissed his forehead cautiously not to wake him. He grabbed a piece of paper and scrawled a quick note on it. He then grabbed his thing and Azel's and headed out of the building. He made the same turns as he had looking for a herb place. He happily stepped into the blacksmith's shop and ran the bell. A large muscular dark skinned male came out from the back. "Hello, how may I help you?" the man asked firmly yet politely. Calvin smirked with his ego showing. "I just saw your shop the other day and thought you could maybe do some work on my brother and my weapons. They need sharpening. I also see you make arrows. Two sacks would work." The man narrowed his eyes looking Calvin over. "Okay, that will be 78 coins or do you have a trade?" Calvin quickly produced the coins and left the man with the coins and weapons.

Azel remained fast asleep, tucked securely underneath the warm blankets. He was dreaming of his largest desire, other than finding Aleris; fathering a child. He knew it was impossible to birth a child, but he hoped that they would be blessed. Azel yearned to have a hatchling of his own, daughter or son, he didn't care. His natural instincts demanded an offspring, but he couldn't provide it. He didn't regret his mating, however. Albeit, he was oblivious to his feelings in the past, Azel was certain he made the right choice. He felt safe inside Calvin's arms. He was at his happiest when he was traveling next to Calvin's side. He never imagined he would fall in love with his older twin brother. How long has Calvin loved him? Some dragons may find his position disgraceful; a submissive male. Most dragons of his gender were dominant, protecting their female mates. It was rare for a female dominant, but it wasn't impossible. He never witnessed a same gender relationship. Were there other dragons out there like them? Not siblings, but two males? Azel wasn't an expert on the world, despite his years of traveling. He witnessed how cruel reality was, but it didn't deter him from his destiny; finding Aleris. Azel shifted to his side, resting his hands on his pillow. "Cal..." he whispered. His expression remained serene, free from pain and suffering. He looked completely innocent. Unfortunately, he was alone. If an enemy discovered his location, he would be defenseless. He was in no condition to fight, especially in his slumber.

Calvin then ventured down the path past a few shops on his way to the herb shop. He caught a few long glances and glared back at them. He wondered why they stared. It was not like Azel was by his side. He noticed it was mostly females staring at him, but he thought no more of it. Right then, something caught his eye, a shop selling clothing items. He smirked proud of himself for finding one so easily and took a few prideful strides into the place. He looked around and felt someone's eyes on him. He looked around but saw no one in particular. He quickly found a few items he and Azel could wear and paid for them. The feeling did not leave as he left the shop though.

A ghostly touch grazed his cheek. A soft groan escaped his lips. He opened his eyes. "Cal?" he murmured groggily. A shadow moved from the corner of his eye. Azel turned his head. However, he saw nothing. He was alone inside his room. A frown marred his lips. What touched him? He felt a cool hand brush against his cheek. It reminded him of his brother. He rose into a sitting position. He rubbed his eyes sleepily. "I need water," he mumbled. He removed his covers and swung his legs across his bed. His bare feet touched the floor. A shiver surged down his spine. His feet relinquished in the cool surface. He bit his lip. He doubted he had enough strength to stand. However, it couldn't be helped. Azel was parched. He shoved himself off the bed, scrambling to his feet. He teetered heavily to his right, stumbling against a wall. He pressed his hands against the surface, stabilizing himself. He breathed in deeply and exhaled through his nostrils. "I can do this," he declared softly. Azel carefully walked across the room, using the wall for support. He retrieved a canteen of water from a nearby corner. He opened it, drinking the water hungrily. Azel moved it back, wiping his mouth with the back of his palm. After he closed it, Azel dropped it near his cloak. He looked down. He was only in his trousers. A wave of self consciousness washed over him. He hated being shirtless. His hand instinctively rubbed his throat. His fingertips grazed his scars. "I hate this," he murmured. Azel maneuvered towards his bed, never noticing a shadow hidden in a far corner.

Calvin walked happily to the herb shop. As he walked, his happiness faded though as he felt he was being watched and followed. He looked around and saw no one. He quickly hurried along to the herb shop. The feeling intensified though. It felt like someone was getting closer and closer. Then as went to push through the herb shop doors it felt as someone or something was breathing down his back. As soon as he collapsed through the doors the feeling left. He breathed heavily and sat on the floor. "Something wrong?" the woman asked. "No, nothing." he said bluntly. "Oh, good, I thought something might have happened to that wife you spoke of. A young lad like you has no business losing a wife." she spoke sweetly and with the twang of someone with lots of knowledge. "I came because I have some questions." he stated.

Before he could reach his bed, a hand clamped down on his shoulder. A shiver surged down his spine. It was ice cold. Azel tilted his head back. "I didn't notice you coming ba-" he cut himself off. His eyes widened completely. Fear shined through his periwinkle gaze. He stumbled back, landing on top of his bed. He crawled backwards, pressing his back against the wall. A whimper escaped his lips. "G-get away from me," he declared. His body slowly began to tremble. He was defenseless. He didn't have enough strength to fight back. It was a challenge getting a drink of water! Azel bit his lip. He closed his eyes and released a shrill distress call, hoping his mate would hear it. Fortunately, it was at a frequency only dragons could hear. Azel cringed as the shadow grew closer. "D-don't touch me," he protested weakly.

Calvin heard the call and noticed the lady twitch also. "I have to go as I think you heard. I will definitely be back to talk to you," he said heading out the door. He picked up a run as soon as he did. His mind raced and screamed at him. He had a feeling it was a bad idea to leave Azel alone defenseless in the very back of his mind. He should have brought it to the front he told himself. He stopped at the blacksmith and grabbed a long sword from inside and then ran again as quick as he could. He was scared that it might not work on whatever was attacking Azel. Not many materials hurt ALL creatures. He forced his legs as hard as he could.

(Would you do the honors of manipulating this beast? I mainly controlled the previous one. NPC applies to both players.)

Azel rubbed his throat instinctively. Releasing a distress call in his condition was painful. A whimper of pain escaped his lips. Tears pricked at the corner of his eyes. "C-Cal," he murmured. He hoped his mate heard his distress call. He couldn't fight this alone! Azel loathed feeling useless. His eyes averted towards his bow. Unfortunately, it was across the room, away from his bed. A shiver surged down his spine. He wished he was wearing a shirt. He felt exposed. Azel clutched his biceps, trembling on his bed. A shiver of silvery scales sprouted from his skin, covering his body completely. However, his wings didn't appear. He unlocked the first stage of his hybrid transformation. His scales glinted underneath the sunlight, gleaming a beautiful lilac.

((Glad you asked. I thought you were going to control most enemies. I really do like balance in it though.))
The shadow collided with the scales and enveloped Azel as if trying to get through the scales. Its being almost crawled at the scales as if trying to rip them off.

Calvin ran to the room and threw the door open. He froze for a moment seeing the creature he had left Azel defenseless to. His mind screamed things at him at should never be spoken to another person let alone yourself. He then raced forward at the slashed at it with the sword. Surprising enough to him, the sword cut through it and the beast let out some sort of high pitched screech.

His eyes gleamed with fear. Azel thrashed, trying to force the intangible beast away. A jolt of pain surged down his spine. A bloodcurdling screech tore through his throat. It felt like each scale was peeled off. Removing a scale was extremely painful for a dragon. He writhed in pain, whimpering softly. Tears trickled down his face. Fortunately, Calvin burst through the door. He lifted his head, peering at his lover. "C-Cal," he rasped. His voice was sore from his screaming. He watched as Calvin slashed at the dark creature. It released a high pitched wail. It moved from Azel, releasing it's grip. Azel inspected his body. He saw no physical injury. It must of been an illusion. "W-what is it? I-I felt a hand before. H-how?" Azel stammered. He curled his knees against his chest, shaking like a leaf. "I-it touched me. I-I know it did," he added.

Calvin spoke quickly,"Put these on. we have someone to go see right now." He tossed Azel a shirt and grabbed his pants and tossed them to him. His mind was on the older woman who worked in the herb shop. He knew she knew something about that thing. She had to know something. She was sure old enough to know more. He gathered up the little that they had as Azel dressed. "I shouldn't have left you defenseless. I'm sorry," he apologized as he paced around the room cautiously.

Azel stared at the clean pair of pants. His current pair were worn and tattered. He quickly changed into his new attire, relieved about covering his skin. He fastened his leather jerkin and pulled on his boots. He slipped on his cloak, fastening it with a silver leaf broach. He mustered up a small smile. "Y-you heard my call. That's what matters," he rasped. He rubbed his neck instinctively. He noticed his hybrid transformation. A frown marred his lips. He closed his eyes and concentrated. A few seconds later, he reverted to his human form. Azel walked towards Calvin, stumbling along the way. He was in no condition to run, but he didn't have a choice. The dark shadow lurked in their room, waiting. A shiver surged down his spine. He didn't understand what happened.

Calvin reached out to Azel and put his arm around his to support him. He started out of the room with Azel carefully keeping the sword readied. "I wonder what type of material this sword is made out of." he wondered aloud as they exited the room. He head spun some with worry wondering if they would see it again ot if they would see more. Could he handle fighting more than one? Would they fight back the next time? He just forced himself in the dorection of the herb shop.

Azel stumbled along the way, but he managed to stabilize himself. He leaned against his twin for support. His eyes averted towards the long sword. "I don't know. The metal smells different," he murmured. He pulled the hood of his cloak over his head, hiding his face. He didn't want bystanders witnessing his scars. It would take him awhile to accept his current state. He didn't want to endure rude stares from complete strangers. The shadowy figures were gaining on them. A shiver surged down his spine. Was it that creature that awakened him from his slumber? It felt like a human hand. At first, he thought it was Calvin. However, he was wrong. His heart filled with confusion.

Calvin quickly pulled Azel on to his back in one fair move. It took him more to move but Azel was not very heavy to him. They could also move a lot faster with his feet off the ground. Calvin then chuckles softly remembering he told the lady about his sick "wife". He wondered how she would react to it being a male and looking so similar to him. He did not care though. She had not know something and had to be able to tell him.

A small gasp emitted from his lips. He didn't anticipate the sudden change in position. A light blush dusted his cheeks. He wrapped his arms loosely around Calvin's neck. A small frown marred his lips. He buried his face in the center of his mate's shoulder blades. His body trembled against Calvin's back. His mind recalled that terrifying illusion. What happened to him? He didn't understand anything. A part of him wished he was still asleep. He didn't blame his twin for leaving. It was important they received their supplies. He didn't want to burden his brother by tagging along. He was useless in his current state.

Calvin pushed himself to go faster as he felt their presence nearing. He saw the shop right ahead of them. He remember earlier how the presence behind left as soon as he had entered the shop. He hoped it would work that way again. His mind was focused on one thing. Fix what he messed up. No matter what it was. He felt for some reason he had brought this one. This dangerous wild chase. His push through the entrance and the feeling of the shadows begging them ceased. He panted and set Azel down. The woman came out from the back hearing customers. "Oh, my. This must be your wife. He is not quite what I expected though quite handsome. I have a feeling you came here for other reasons besides introductions," she said seeing the two young men in her shop. Calvin's mind raced to understand everything but he was too out of breath to question yet. He simply put up a finger for her to wait. She smiled and said softly,"I can wait. I have all the time in the world."

"Oh, my. This must be your wife..."

Calvin burst inside an herbal shop, carrying Azel on his back. A familiar scent of herbs wafted through his nostrils. He lifted his head, scanning his surroundings. His eyes widened slightly. He never witnessed a shop this extensive. He recognized every herb. He became an expert since he used rare plants for his poison. He pulled down his hood, revealing his face. His eyes averted towards an elderly woman. His periwinkle irises filled with curiosity. He flushed at the term wife. He mustered up a small, gentle smile. He slipped off his mate's back, landing on his feet. He teetered slightly, but managed to stabilize himself. "M-my name is Azel, madam," he began softly. His voice was hoarse from screaming. He leaned against Calvin for support. "Y-your shop is lovely," he complimented honestly. His hand instinctively clutched his throat. He wasn't comfortable having his scars exposed. Azel averted his attention towards his lover. His expression reflected concern. "A-are you alright?" he inquired.

Calvin nodded in reply and finally caught his breath. He then smiled softly. "I was wondering what type of dragon are you?" he asked the woman blankly. The woman was not caught off guard at all but laughed quietly and weakly. "I'm a large winged black-back. One of the most commonly known," she answered softly,"I thought I smelled a couple of young trouble makers." Calvin seemed slightly unassumed. He wondered why she had not spoken out about being a dragon also. "What can you tell us about the things out there and why can tey not entered your shop?" he asked. She cracked a weak bright smile though. "You need a simple herb. Some bay leaves. They are simply shadows. They are attracted to sinful doing of magical creatures as feed off the chaos they cause. I understand why the one was following you earlier now. You two are brothers are you not?" She talked almost in whispers of air. Calvin nodded. "We are."

His eyes widened slightly. He detected a familiar scent. It was rare coming across another dragon. Most were hunted to near extinction. As a result, dragons blended with humanity, never revealing their status. A frown marred his lips. This was the result of their taboo relationship? "Shadow walkers. No simple shadow could morph their form and solidify it. I've o-only heard about them in legends," Azel murmured. His gaze lowered to the floor. His hand instinctively clutched his throat. "A-are you disgusted with our status?" he inquired softly. He lifted his gaze and peered at the elderly woman. "D-do you know a-anything about Aleris?" he added. He slipped away from Calving, stumbling forward. He fell forward, pressing his hands against a wooden counter to stabilize himself. He maintained his gaze. "T-there are some Ancient ruins hidden a-around this area. D-do you know of them?" he pressed. His voice grew hoarser every time he spoke. His voice was strained from his loud screaming. His body craved for rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.