[Jun 21, 2014] Crimvale Keep (Pathfinder) - SIGNUPS CLOSED (Roll20)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... melee classes are already interesting. The 'Tome of Battle' stuff makes it... not really melee anymore. It turns them into a spellcaster, which is... well, what spellcasters are for! (I'matotallyjealouswizard).

As for Garret... How about one of those awesome alternate Cleric or alternate Paladins? There's the 'spell-less' Paladin variant in Complete Warrior, there's the really-cool Divine Spirit power in Dungeonscape... Holy Warrior variant from Complete Champion exchanges the spells for bonus feats! I'm sure any of us here can do something with that.

As for Cleric... domains themselves are darn-well amazing. Any of these combined with... for instance, the Book of Exalted Deeds makes you a rather impressive force. Not up to Tome of Battle nonsense, but still impressive.

Hell, you could even reroll as a Fighter with the proper variants and keep the theme of Garret.

Yeah, I'll keep Garret. I like'em. Might roll some cleric variant, possibly a paladin variant...maybe a little both? Idk, I'll see what I can come up with ^^

pathfinder looks very good. How easy is it to convert 3.5 chars to pathfinder. just asking?

It's pretty easy to go back and forth. I'm in a campaign now (DnD 3.5 base) but the DM allows Pathfinder Classes, mainly because they are just plain out better than the DnD classes.

the hero point rule sounds great. I remeber our old DM used to allowe Hero points about 14years ago in his campaign.

Character sheet moved to Page 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, Undead Chamber time this Saturday at 6pm EST.

This is set a day after the first encounter, so feel free to shop or do Craft/Profession Checks. If you intend to Gather Information, be specific about what you're inquiring. Only 1 check per person. And it's assumed that everyone is healed and rested.

The Wizard you saved has collapsed in his home and is mourning the death of his party, so you can't ask anything of him right now. He won't be casting 3D maps for you or any of that shit.

Whenever you post here, your post will show up with a MORE OPTIONS link in the bottom right. Click on this and you get a dice option.

Torrim's gonna try a Gather Information Check to find out about the stonework of the deeper courtyards, particularly the ones that Venton was investigating. He spends the evening in the tavern drinking and talking with local craftsmen and explorers. (DC15)

-___-

...and he finds out NOTHING.

My character wasn't there for the first encounter, so how are we gonna explain her appearance?

Asleep/studying/working/helping friends/ill/on your period.

Alright Asmo, I'll bring a raging, hormonal, PMSing druid along.

Reactions: Cerulean
Alright, I'm going to be using Kiyoshi's Craft: Alchemy check to make Ghostoil, an alchemical item found in Libris Mortis.The item is found on page 73. He doesn't have a Lab, so he takes a -2 penalty on the check.

"Ghostoil: This clear oil has a slight tint of gray, and strange, wispy forms seem to swirl through it. When applied to a weapon, ghostoil allows it to affect incorporeal creatures normally for the next 2 rounds. Applying ghostoil to a weapon of any size is a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity. One fl ask of ghostoil contains enough liquid to coat one weapon of Medium size or smaller. A Large weapon requires two flasks, a Huge creature four flasks, a Gargantuan weapon eight flasks, and a Colossal weapon sixteen flasks."

It costs 16 gold and 6 silver for the attempt. "Make an appropriate Craft check representing one week's work. If the check succeeds, multiply your check result by the DC. If the result × the DC equals the price of the item in sp, then you have completed the item. (If the result × the DC equals double or triple the price of the item in silver pieces, then you've completed the task in one-half or one-third of the time."

Crafting rules are weird. The DC is 25, so if I make the DC, I've made the item.

[MENTION=902]DrPepper[/MENTION] , can you tell me what a Watch Lamp is?

Also, I've reset the RSVP, so let's have a fresh headcount of who's gonna be there tomorrow.

Okays, my intertubbs are being intensely shit on this fine evening (fucking typical, BT). I'm hoping I'll have a stable enough connection for later and will do my best to be there, but if I should disappear/not appear at all, apologies.

YAY FOR BROADBAND IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE.

*really hopes the Crusader, Cleric and Paladin make it to this Undead session*

A watchlamp is in the Magic Item Compendium. It's a headband that make a ball of light hover at my shoulder to act as a light source. Quoted from the text "When activated, a watch lamp creates a globe of light that hovers at your shoulder and sheds light as a torch. The light follows you wherever you move. It can be extinguished with a second command."

Swift Action activates and deactivates. Unlimited uses. 500gp.

Also, unfortunately I havent been able to make my Garret into a cleric yet due to such a busy week. I am also tied up this evening so there is no way I'd even be able to bring Garret the Crusader :\ My wife and I had something come up just today. I hope everyone fares well against the undead scourge and I apologize for not being able to make it.

Yup, that's the internet just gone down again (sending this via even shittier phone connection). Afraid D&D doesn't look like its gonna be happening for me tonight, folks. Many apologies.

Alaistor will do his usual 'stoic voice of reason, holy smiling' thing. Please try not to get him killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.