(Julius) Starry Boy and Realist (Eruna)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarei was bursting with happiness and energy. She bounced to get water, and after her fill she sat happily on the bleachers. Kagami sat down next to her, but not even he could burst her bubble.

"Good job, Arugakime-chan," He commented.

"Thanks! You too!" Sarei grinned with pride.

"You look a lot cuter when you're happy like this!" Kagami mirrored her expression with his own smile.

"Oh really?" Sarei brushed the hair from her face, looking across the gym at the other teams still playing.

"Definitely! At least as cute as a little sister." Kagami put an arm around her shoulder and attempted to ruffle her hair.

"Go kill yourself," Sarei chirped sweetly, pushing him away and sitting farther away from him, still beaming.

Xerin watched the intersection between Kagami and Sarei and bit his bottom lip. They seemed happy and yet ...

"Go kill yourself ..."

"Humans certainly are strange creatures." He whispered softly to himself a little confused.

Kagami followed her still, sitting back down next to her, casually slinging an arm around her shoulder. Sarei sighed, her smile gone and looked across the gym, but found Xerin and pushed Kagami away.
"Seriously, please stop!" She pleaded. Kagami followed her gaze to Xerin. His smile was gone.

"Why is it always him?" He muttered under his breath, shooting look of pure envy in Xerin's direction.

"Hey, Sarei, go on a date with me," Kagami said, a smug look on his face.

"I don't want to."

"Just one. Why not?"

"Kagami, you look at me the same way you see other teams in sports. You see me as a challenge. I might be reclusive, but I can still recognize that kind of attitude, and I have more respect for myself than that."

"But just one can't hurt. It's not like you are dating anyone. Besides, no one else will date you, because your cold towards others, and not very pretty."

"You think Xerin would go out with you? There's tons of much more beautiful girls out there that would easily follow him to the other side of the world. You're smart, so you should know that you don't stand a chance, and that I'm the only one who will-"

Sarei interrupted him with a slap to the face, leaving a red mark. A pause lingered between them and tears burned at the corners of her eyes, she held them back and dashed out of the room, running up the stairs to the roof, sitting down in a corner at the top of the stairs and staying quiet, tears streaming down her face, as she grit her teeth.

• Love
Reactions: King Julius
Xerin gave a small curse as Kagami pushed Sarei over the limit, biting his bottom lip. "Kagami ..." He said and shook his head. "I know what your trying to do ... But you didn't have to upset her like that." He stood up. "I'll try to talk to her." He shook his head. "You didn't have to tell her she's not pretty ... You know she is." He bit his lip and then walked off to go check on Sarei. Leaving the rest of them.

Xerin stopped at the bottom of the stairs as he entered the room, he looked up at her. "Sarei ..."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"I..." She looked at Xerin with a red, tear covered face. Her hair was messy and she didn't want anyone to see her.
"Don't follow me, please!" She stood quickly and ran out to the roof, not wanting to talk to anyone at the moment. Her head spun, and she couldn't focus. She felt and probably looked like a mess.

Xerin cursed a bit. This was going horrible right now. He shook his head. "Sarei! Don't leave me!" He called to her. "Please Sarei."

Reactions: Ichinomiya Eruna
Sarei took a deep breath. She didn't want to talk but didn't want to hurt Xerin. She sat down in one of the corners, looking at the sky through the metal fence, with a dull, but gloomy face. She took a deep breath.
"Xerin, I'm not going back to gym. You can go without me, you'll be fine. You can easily make friends, obviously, and lunch is next, so you can eat with your friends."

Xerin looked at her. "This isn't about me making friends... And I'm not making you go back to the gym. I just wanna make sure that you are alright ..." He whispered softly and bit his bottom lip. "Also ... I wanted to make you feel better. Anyway I can." He said softly. "After all ... Your my friend and I care about you.*

"I'm fine," She urged, mostly in attempt to make herself believe, "I-I'm fine."
Her voice was shakey. Her throat felt dry, and tears threatened to fall again, but she didn't want to cry in front of others, especially him. He was the boy from her dreams; the only person she wished to claim as her own. But wishing wouldn't do anything, and Kagami was right. Xerin had so many better options.

Xerin stopped beside her and knelt down, clutching her hand gently along his own. "Don't listen to Kagami." He said gently and he began to look more like the older Xerin. "He's only trying to make you feel down so he can be with you."

She looked up, her tears flowing out when she saw the older version of him. She threw her arms around him, burying her face in his shirt.
"Xerin, everything is confusing," She cried, her voice muffled by his shirt. "If I do my best, I'm supposed to have less problems, but the harder I try, the more problems appear. I feel like I don't understand anything. The more I learn the less I understand. Xerin! Why can't everything be a formula? This world would be so better."
She continued rambling on, nervous, and afraid, cause she hadn't cried in front of anyone like this before, and wasn't sure what to do.

Xerin held her closely his hands gently around her back."Not everything can be a formula. Sometimes you have to expect the unexpected ... And some things are just never meant to be learned, is humans are to stubborn to accept it."

"What is confusing is that people try to get close to me, and they say.. They say that they want to get to know me because I seem cool or smart or something, but then they try to change me, and I don't want to change. The last time I changed myself... I.. I," She paused, taking a breath.
She looked up at him, blinking out tears, and taking a deep breath.
"I'm sorry. I know I probably seem even uglier when I cry," she chuckled.

He shook his head. "It's not that your ugly when you cry." He said gently and shook his head, then grabbed his chest where his heart should be. "But it hurts me in here to see you cry."

Status
Not open for further replies.