Iwaku's Words of Wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life isn't about jobs, relationships, money or even home life. Life is about loving and being loved, and that ties into everything that we do, say and act on (or don't).

• Thank You
Reactions: Fijoli
The opinions of others can press-against yours.

There is a line drawn between you, friends, family, and peers.

At the end of the day, only you are going to make the differences in your own life.

The truth being;

If you don't do it, no one else will.

Don't judge progress by the harvest, but by the seeds you sow.

• Thank You
"Perhaps a sin that humbles you is better than a good deed that makes you arrogant."
- Hamza Yusuf

• Love
Reactions: Fijoli and Razilin
Just because perfection is unobtainable is no reason not to strive for it.

• Thank You
"People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." - Batman

That moment when you have the thing you wanted for so long in your hands and its just flies away with a 'fuck you...' Yeah, that's the shitty part. The good part is that you did it once, and that means you can do it again. You might get another rhinestone but you'll find your diamond eventually. You just need the courage to keep moving forward. You'll get past this and even though it hurts, there is a ray of light. It's like Dory in Finding Nemo - Just keep swimming, just keep swimming. Don't ever stop moving towards your goal; never stay stagnant. Learn and move on. If you aren't looking, you'll never find the diamond that matches you. It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world but I know it'll get better.

-My internal monologue

"The only way you can win this life is to overcome yourself"

-Me

• Thank You
No one knows the key to success.

But the key to failure is trying to make everyone happy.

• Thank You
In the entire cosmic expanse it's sometimes easy to think of how common you are, but then, stop and think on that for a moment. Truly, how common are you? How many have lived your exact life?

Even biologically speaking, any number of events could have stopped your parents from procreation, or could have stopped the particular combination of genetic traits that make up who you are, from forming in that particular order. Even if we're talking purely just your parents, imagine every single potential variation in their actions and reactions they could have taken if just one thing were even slightly different in their lives and the kind of cascade effect it would have had on your life, should you even have existed as a result.

Now imagine these tens of thousands of potential detours and changes in their lives multiplied by the number of generations your family has existed, then multiply that by the number of species it took to evolve to humanity, then multiply that by the odds of life forming in the particular way it did, then add in the chances of an Earth-like planet forming in a solar system, and a viable system for any kind of life as we know it at all to begin with.

You are a one in a billion's billion's billion's billion's billion's billion's billion's chance. You may be similar to others in some respects, granted, but you are utterly irreplaceable by sheer statistical probability. Never forget that.

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse.

If you always want to be right, always be ready to change your opinions and beliefs, and never mistake your opinions and beliefs for who you are: The moment you do, you give up your ability to reason, and become nothing more than an automaton in the name of your beliefs.

And unthinking automatons are perhaps the most dangerous monsters.

"Wherever you go, there you are."
No matter where you go in the world or in life, you are still you. Moving across the country or across the world, going to a different school, even changing jobs, or who you are dating. At the end of the day, you are still the same person. Sure, you can change and adapt, but it is not instant and it will take hard work and reflection. You cannot run from the problems in your life and expect things to change. It is when we finally face these 'unsightly' parts of ourselves that we grow and become better people, and happier with who we are.

Speak when you have something to say. Not just because you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.