IWAKU: Steampunk Millionaires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a small amount of time, so I figured, "Eh, why not?" Here you have it. ^^

NAME: Space, which is a nickname. She hates her full name, Spacious Space, so she instead goes by Space.

FACTION: Shifter

APPEARANCE:

MHbfT.jpg

NOTABLE EQUIPMENT: Space is always known to have her wrist gun on beneath her sleeve. She's rather fond of it and can use it with least amount of effort. In addition to those, she always has a pair of goggles she keeps with her, just in case they're needed.
gzoz5.jpg gogglesstaged.jpg

NOTABLE ABILITIES: She can fix almost anything, and is a very quick learner.

MOTIVE: She seeks the adventure and uniqueness of the journey. She also wants to practice her charming of other people. (She's not the best at that yet.)

BACKGROUND: Spacious Space had been an odd child. As a young girl, she liked to run about and stir up trouble, although her parents always told her to, "Grow Up," and to be more lady like. However, she never did. She liked to travel around quite a bit. As she got older, she became interested with the mechanics of things around the house. She always asked how things worked, and since she was never answered, she was compelled to find out herself. She liked taking things apart and putting them back together, even though she often was in trouble for it. Today, she still likes taking things apart and putting them together, especially if she's never seen or used it before. She wishes to figure out how to charm people into liking her, but she isn't sure how to do that. All attempts have failed; due to this, she is often times found by herself, taking her wrist gun apart, then putting it back together. It's almost like a habit to her, but she hopes to break the cycle.

If corrected posting quality is (quality)/(time between posts), you're sure doing a good job even if time between posts is 2 weeks.

Reactions: 1 person
Name: Vanya
Faction: Underworld
Appearance:[SPOILI]Vanya.jpg[/SPOILI]
Notable Equipment:
Just the clothes on her back
Notable Abilities:
She is a creator. Her imagination is her best and worst weapon. Her affliction? Nothing visible. The long description is this: Vanya's imagination creates people, it happens mostly when she's asleep, but during periods of deep daydreaming it also occurs. These characters are developed to the point in which they take on a life of their own. So alive are they that they can at times, take control of Vanya's body. This gives her a wide range of abilities, as each personality has its own unique skills. If enough of her self is poured into one of these creations, Vanya can 'give birth' to that character, meaning that a new life has entered the world. For real. The downside to this? For every creation, a little of Vanya's life is taken. For every birth, her lifespan shortens. Other downsides are that she experiences severe headaches when fighting or dispute occurs between the multiple personas and when she sleeps, she falls into a very deep sleep, almost impossible to awaken. The good news is that the majority of personas are good or benevolent. The very very bad news? There a few personas who are so deeply wicked and evil, that she keeps them chained deep within her conscience. The extremely bad news? As in it is so bad that it out weighs the very very bad news? If Vanya is pushed beyond her breaking point, these evil personas break free. The rest I'll leave up to your imagination. Rest assured, nothing good will come out of it.
Motive:
To learn, short and simple. She seeks out new places to feed her imagination and to perhaps find a home for herself and her 'children'. The lost city Moonwings seems like the perfect opportunity to do so.
Background:
Vanya started life simply enough. She had parents (she thinks) that loved her and took care of her (again she thinks). However, that is only the product of guessing. She does not remember her parents, only blood and screams is all. It is a topic of debate among the multiple personas that that is when the very first of them came into being. Certainly Vanya knows when the very first personas were created, there were five of them. four were good, one,well, that one was evil, perhaps the evilest of all Vayna's personas. Again it is the topic of debate that this one persona took control and either 1) killed her parents or 2) her parents were killed and Vanya's life was threatened to the point that the persona took over and killed those who were threatening his 'host'. The latter of the two choices seems to be the most likely. After that, her young life was spent stealing, and getting into various forms of trouble and getting out of said trouble. She has not yet 'given birth' to any of the thirty some personas and is instead concentrating on manifesting them i.e letting them take over her body to the point of physical change. That is, in a nutshell, the story of Vanya's life, this far anyways. No doubt there will be new chapters to write after her adventure.

Still up for this, although I don't know what ever happened with Shavynel. She left my character frozen in conversation. Meh. After the Plot Accelerator is set in motion, I shall return to post.

It must've been a very poor conversation. ;)

Where does the RP stand on Eastern World influence?
Yep, there's an Eastern Kingdom in this roleplay. It's ruled by the Crimson Emperor Paorou-Sama, but we haven't had much contact with it. Just the odd bit of commerce. I doubt we'll be going anywhere near it. Zen's character is from those parts, I think.

If corrected posting quality is (quality)/(time between posts), you're sure doing a good job even if time between posts is 2 weeks.
Don't encourage him.

All character sheets are accepted. The ship awaits you.

It must've been a very poor conversation. ;)

Yep, there's an Eastern Kingdom in this roleplay. It's ruled by the Crimson Emperor Paorou-Sama, but we haven't had much contact with it. Just the odd bit of commerce. I doubt we'll be going anywhere near it. Zen's character is from those parts, I think.

Don't encourage him.

All character sheets are accepted. The ship awaits you.

Dohoho.

NAME: Cerulean LightHeart
FACTION: Underworld
APPEARANCE:
43056-220x220.jpg

147709-158778-mr-hyde_super.jpg

NOTABLE EQUIPMENT: Breathing mask (As seen in picture), Satchel full of little potions, personal journal, a small hidden pistol

NOTABLE ABILITIES: He doesn't necessarily have an innate ability. Cerulean just has a certain defect that causes his lung disease and his.... monstrous reaction to the knockoff medicine. The transformation gives him increased strength, speed, endurance, and hearing, while it cuts down his intelligence, wisdom, agility, and the ability to see colors.

MOTIVE: Finding purpose and a place in the world.

BACKGROUND: Cerulean was diagnosed with a rare disease that causes his lungs to be somewhat intolerant to average air... His mask converts air into pure oxygen. Eventually, his parents could not afford the medical costs to keep Cerulean well or even alive and he was then taken away and put into foster care. His foster father was a obsessive doctor that worked night and day to find a cure. Cerulean became a bit of a guinea pig. Failure after failure, the doctor took drastic measures. On the young man's 21st birthday, he was given a mysterious liquid. As it turns out, knockoffs aren't as good as the real thing...

NAME: Matthias (a rearranging of the letters in I_AM_THAT_IS)
FACTION: The League
APPEARANCE: Victorian.jpg
NOTABLE EQUIPMENT: A Martini-Henry Rifle (Bolt Action) Gun4.jpg, Two Colt Peacemakers 300px-1956prime2.jpg, One Derringer held in his left sleeve by a mechanism that shoots the gun into his hand derringer-1.jpg, and Walking stick that conceals a straight edged katana black_19.jpg

NOTABLE ABILITIES: Trained in Sharp Shooting, Iaijutsu, and Marital arts, An avid hunter and explorer.

MOTIVE: Matthias' only motivations for looking for the lost city is to find it. To say that he was on the expedition that found such a treasure.

BACKGROUND:
Matthias was born to a notable family in Iwaku 24 years ago. While still a child, Matthias was set up with a tutor and learned basic book knowledge and after his lessons he would travel the grounds looking for random treasures. After he grew a little, Matthias began to take an interest in learning how to use weapons. His family hired a firearms tutor who taught him rifle and handgun as well as sharpshooting. At the age of 16 Matthias began to take an interest in exploring unknown lands and began to charter carriages and ships to random continents and countries. He began to track and hunt the strangest of animals and find the oddest and most unknown tribes. One day Matthias chartered a ship headed for the mysterious eastern countries. He had told his family and friends that he would return with in a half-years time. That was four years ago. Everyone worried. There was no letters or messengers to tell of Matthias. All assumed that he had died. Until one day about a month ago when Matthias finally was seen coming off a ship. He had four years worth of trophies and new knowledge and a stronger addiction for exploring and searching than ever before. When he heard about this exploration, Matthias just could not hold in the excitement and raced to be on the expedition. His family protested and argued with him to just stay home, but the chance of finding such a treasure was too great. So now here he is waiting for the greatest journey he has ever known to start.

o_O

Whut?

The in character thread is here.

That was me testing font. Sorries. >.<

And that link is for this page, not the in character one.

I know.... I was being ironic.... >_>

. . . I'll read the new IC thread and see what I can do. I was busy until mid-June with BS for school. But yeah, I don't really have much of an excuse for the past couple of weeks, sorry. x__x I'll probably write up a different character because the last one was meh.

-EDIT: So this is basically what I've gleaned from sitting down to read the IC thread:
-Most importantly, we're getting ready to leave
-I didn't know lollipops could be that scary. Willy Wonka will never be the same, Jack Shade.
-Tegan's a primadonna girl~ (would you do anything for me? buy a . . . you get the point)
-The Firefox is a ship, not a boat, so said Rasna.
-Oh look, the person all covered up that isn't the crow doctor got chased out of Myrnodyn's "Entertainment" establishment.
-So we have people with abilities and are able to work, but mostly Underworld people. I guess I can fulfill the role of money bags if that's not taken already by Torsty's character.
-It seems we have two characters afflicted with multiple personalities.

Will edit in sign up later.

NAME: Mme. Aquarienne Amard D'aris (Although she goes by Madame D'aris for convenience sake.)
FACTION: League
APPEARANCE:
girl-beautiful-bangs-blonde-dress.jpg
NOTABLE EQUIPMENT:

-AudioScribe: One of her favorite inventions, a diary that can only be unlocked with her voice saying "tell me more" or "I have something to tell you." Although it appears like a normal diary, there is a steam-rechargeable device attached to the lock that acts as an "ear." The ear will record anything within 15 feet of it and then write it on paper in blank ink. It has three rings that open, allowing for more paper to be inserted.
-Quite a fine sum of money, a small portion of which she used to get onto the ship. The rest is carried by her servant . . .
-Agatha: A young peasant woman who is Mme. D'aris's favorite servant. Her occasional difficulties have inspired some of d'Aris's inventions to ease domestic chores, such as insect-like robots capable of flying up and dusting things that would require a ladder to reach. The one odd thing about her is that she insists upon doing the Mme's hair even though the Mme is probably more than capable of inventing a machine to cut her hair for her. She's not always the frilly girly type, though, able to hold her own and improvise weapons out of everyday objects lest a fight break out.
-A lovely parasol that conceals a rapier. Not the best for slicing up stuff and she has to get up close but lovely for jabbing and stabbing things.

NOTABLE ABILITIES:
Creativity/Inventiveness: She likes thinking of new ways to solve problems in her life or in Agatha's work, which often leads her to make odd inventions.
Agility: She is quite swift and can move quite gracefully in combat with her rapier due to years of fencing and ballet lessons. This makes her quite hard to hit unless one is trying to shoot at her with a firearm.
Lack of strength: She is quite weak and tends to tire easily. Extended treks without breaks can lead to her being quite cranky and take a notable toll on her ability to think clearly.

MOTIVE: She's half joining because she wants to be one of the first people to publish a book on Moonwings when they find it. Further, her husband does not believe that they will find it and she wants to prove him wrong.

BACKGROUND: d'Aris was born to a wealthy family of inventors. They had quite a sum of money, enough to also own plantations out in the country side. Because her mother and father were often busy in their private laboratory in the city, she would be left with her older brother and Nanny out in the country estate. She soon began to notice how the estate's servants worked. The inefficiency bothered her. However, she didn't quite have the technical abilities to address the issues she saw.

Soon she wouldn't need to worry about them, though. Her parents were grooming her to become the perfect dowry winner by sending her to a private, all-girls academy in the country nearby. This separated her from her older brother for several years except during winter and summer breaks. In addition to learning proper etiquette and proper household keeping skills, the academy taught her history, mathematics and science. The fencing and ballet were after-school activities she took up at around 10 to kill time since she found her classes too easy.

Then came reality. One summer she noticed her brother already in the local newspaper for inventing something. Jealousy immediately struck her. Wanting to match her brother, she quickly went to work, using her extra class slots now that her etiquette ones were through for more science and math ones. She wasn't nearly as educated as her brother was in regards to making technology, but she'd be damned if she didn't stand on equal ground with him.

So then, oh happy day, he came. A real Prince Charming, her parents had exclaimed. His name was Guillaume Aris, the son of an extremely rich plantation owner known for inventing technology to grow and harvest crops more efficiently. Guillaume's parents, knowing of Aquarienne's availability for marriage, prompted the Amards to marry her off. Foreseeing a wonderful, luxurious future for their daughter, they happily signed her off, sans consultation with their daughter.

Words couldn't describe how angry she was at her parents. These people who had been off working for the Queen almost her whole life thought they could have a say in who she spent the rest of her life with?!? In spite of serious protest in her thoughts, she kept her mask tightly worn, feigning excitement even after the marriage. At one instant during the ceremony she thought "hmm, maybe I can fall in love with this man, maybe."

But then came the big surprise. Guillaume was certainly not in the mood to be romantic. He didn't even bother to consummate the marriage. He passed out before she could even try the whole honeymoon. Otherwise, travelling to the tropics was quite lovely.

Proceeding the honeymoon, his job as an apprentice for a technological advisor for the queen went well underway, leaving her to her lonesome at the country estate. Lonely, but freer than ever, she soon took to snooping around Guillaume's old school texts and notes. From these she gained the remaining technical information she needed to start inventing her own little doodads.

This, combined with writing and practice of fencing and ballet as usual filled her days. With loneliness overcoming her, she soon hired and paid servants mostly to keep her company.

A scarlet letter with a rosy red seal: it tucked itself into her mailbox one day. The scream heard that day was supposedly loud enough to be heard in the nearby village. A rotten mistress had decided to tell Mme. D'aris the truth about her husband: that he was only with her for her money and that he would continue to supply her with funds as long as she pretended that they were a happy, married couple to the public and to her in-laws and parents. With much reluctance she accepted this terrible burden.

The invitation to the ship had been sent to the wrong address. Instead of the city home it had ended up at her estate. Her loyal servant Agatha read it out to her. (D'aris had been teaching the poor thing to read and write. Needless to say, she was tearful with pride.) However, another letter sent the next day soon revealed that it was, in fact sent to her on purpose. Her husband's letter joked the whole idea of the expedition, tauntingly suggesting that she "go on the Firefox to witness the freak show." Slightly angered by some more insulting words he had made within the letter and in the mood to be free of the estate, she decided to take herself and Agatha by carriage to the Firefox.

Name : Ashe Kein (pronunciation : ash key-in, weird, but works)
Faction : shifter
Appearance : http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs12/f/2006/339/5/8/Steampunk_Airship_Pilot__Det___by_homarusrex.jpg
Notable Equipment : Winchester 1886 lever action carbine. A small dagger concealed and sheathed along his wrist. A dozen knives (throwing) located in a sheath along his waist.
Notable Abilities : self taught marksmen and skilled with knives (and throwing knives) along with piloting.
Motives : the thrill of the adventure. Loves fun.
Background : (I hate this part so I'm keeping it short) was a very good pilot and would try to build his own contraptions to fly. Some failed and others could only make it so far. Loves adventure and company.
(Note : picture character hotter than the picture)

Dear people in front of Dr. Surgeon. I keep trying to give you thermometers to put in your mouth. Stop ignoring them.

Or I will take your temperature by stabbing them through your skin.

Love for as long as you aren't a plague rat

-Doctor Surgeon

*sighs in relief*

For a moment I thought those thermometers were going to be stabbed somewhere else.

Hehe. I edited my post, Doctor Surgeon. I wanted to make a good first impression. O___O

Cool character, Acquariana. I was going to ask you to lose the spider things, since Tegan has described herself having similar inventions, which were a "gift" from Asmo.

But it makes more sense for you to have invented them rather than Asmo. So let's say you made them and Asmo has purchased some to give to Tegan.

Ashaekin... you seem very lethargic there... you're almost too nonchalant to communicate with me. Are you feeling okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.