Iwaku SHATTERED

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I wish I was in a vehicle to ride in instead of, you know, running on foot.

Furthermore, GODDAMMIT PEOPLE PLEASE REMEMBER THOSE SUMMARIES. D:

*quietly goes insane in the corner*

Following Doctor Surgeon is PLENTY dramatic.

He's wearing two masks just for the occasion

Acqua will not be impressed until the bird man sings, for he is not a true bird 'til then! *Strikes Idol pose, waves around mic like a magic wand* D:<

@Grumpy: o3o I got the summary in my post. If my character seems a bit overpowered from getting away with bruises at the moment I was kinda' plannin' on havin' her fall unconscious or gettin' hurt sometime soon because I know she's gone too long w/being relatively unharmed. xD

I forgot the summary. :[

At least my post is short and pretty much unimportant to anyone but Vay?

Nightstalker, you've successfully managed to tick off just about everything I asked players not to do.

Your character is absorbing bullets like he's Superman, decapitating entire groups of Collectors like they're made of flimsy paper and sauntering around the town like it's a casual stroll in the park. There's no sense of danger or tension to what he's town; THE TOWN IS ON FUCKING FIRE and he's just wandering off to the docks to check out what's going on.

Did you read the stuff I posted above, or just choose to ignore it?

We're going with Asmo's hijack post; your character has been swept up in a dramatic chase scene with a trio of soldiers in a Humvee. I've removed your first post to prevent confusion.

I thought I was the only Space Marine here?

Okay, I'll keep Cressen in the hijack wagon.

Effort, if you want to jump in too you'll have to decide where you are. You can't be near "The old machine at the center of town" and also near Aeolus. One is at the bottom of the slope and the other is at the top.

Decide where you are and then I'll edit you in at the beginning or end of my post.

I'll wait on XC/Panda to post about face meets humvee afore starting to post myself.

Just expect my character to be somewhere nearby on the ground.

Aeolus, GMK, and I were all pretty close to each other, I thought, but I'm good at getting things wrong. I was about half way from the shop to the center of town but I can kind of move things along a bit by showing up there and wait for everyone else to get there. You guys would probably show up pretty fast being in a car and maybe by then who ever is closest would be there then Grumpy can do...what ever it is he plans on happening.

Oh wait they're already at the center. Alrighty then!

So where are you?

Well in this next post I'm going to be making it into the center of town but there's going to be some Collectors on my tail that will give me a couple more wounds. You guys crashed through a couple of walls and ended up in another street right?

They're in the center of town already. You coulda made it there with them easy like if you had agreed to be with them all in the funvee

Next post will put me in the center, so long as I dont get shot to pieces as son as I get there....

Late Exvind is late....so...seeing as how even if I post up an application, I'm out till the next chapter...should I go ahead and post an application, or hold off until such a time that it would be proper/convenient/bagelmuffinsanyone?

Feel free to post a character sheet whenever you like, old chap. It's just that, as you said, you'd have to wait to introduce them in the next chapter.

Name: Exvind
Race/Class/Type: Wandering Bard / Warrior / Fragment
Based Upon: N/A
Appearance:
Roland.jpg
Normal Equipment: The basic necessities of survival - a rucksack filled with a jug or two of water, some dried fruits and other preserved but generally unappetizing food, a blanket, some flint, etc. Slung on his back is a blackened steel violin case - its contents being one somewhat dirty but fully functional violin that has obviously been cared for intensely. His brown, tattered longcoat likewise has a spotted, decayed mesh running along the interior -- akin to Kevlar, but long decayed. Likewise, he has a half-functional rebreather, on those rare occasions he wanders through a place even more foul than the norm. Otherwise he uses his noteworthy red scarf as a 'mask'.
Special Equipment:
Much to everyone's disbelief, his weapon's name is Spear. No titles, no allegories, no extravagant flourish of wordplay. Simply Spear. The weapon itself looks to be more akin to a halberd or a harpoon - a four foot length of thick red wood leading to a jagged foot of blade. Embedded in the shaft is a pitch-black chain that tapers down before wrapping around Exvind's wrist, before disappearing into the bandages that are bound to his left hand. There is a good six feet of chain, allowing for...interesting uses of the weapon, should the need arise. In these rare occurrences, there is a very, very limited degree of telekinesis between the Spear and its wielder.

Above all else, the wandering musician protects a small black book, filled from cover to cover with elaborate sheet music. No two pages are the same, and the music seems to shift between openings of the Score. He reads it at times like a storybook, only rarely playing from it. The times he does, however, are usually marked by some noteworthy event - the construction of a settlement, a birth, a funeral, the destruction of a town, the departure of Collectors, etc. Likewise, those songs are never forgotten - leaving more of an impression than the musician himself.

General Abilities: Spear-Warden (Confluence, if anything): When actually called to violence, Exvind handles his Spear with a speed and strength surprising for a man of his apparent age. Hardiness-while not truly immune to the diseases of the world, he has a fair tolerance built up.
Virtuoso-Arguably his greatest talent / skill / asset is his skill with his violin. It goes beyond simple entertainment - it can be argued (quite earnestly) that his performances are an echo of the beauty of the world before the Shattering. It is this skill that has helped him survive above most all else - even bandits and raiders usually acknowledge something from 'before' and are content to leave him with his life and equipment, if not his monetary wealth. On the rare occasion that he plays from The Score, additional instruments MIGHT be heard, albeit distantly, but completing the piece.

Special Abilities:

[SOUL-ARTS]:Determination -Exvind has lived his share of lives, but has not yet reached his goal. He is no Immortal, but he is certainly rather hard to kill as his body begins to regenerate injuries after a set time-determined by the severity of his wounds. He states, when questioned, that 'He is not allowed to die, yet.' This fortitude, of course, has its limits...

[SOUL-ARTS]The Winding Path- Unlike some denizens of the Shattered Isles, Exvind has no wings, nor ship, nor abilities of levitation. Thus, when it comes time for him to travel...he walks. More accurately, he plays the part of the piper with his violin, reaching out to the mess of rocks and debris and rubble that mar the skies, and pull them toward him, building and deconstructing a path to his next destination. While he could do this for days, his endurance has its limits, requiring him to rest for some time between treks in the Abyss.

Weaknesses: Despite his impressive regenerative abilities, these have their limits - serious injuries may not kill him, but he will still be incapacitated as his body mends itself. Likewise, should his head be separated from his body, or crushed or otherwise detached, no healing will occur unless his head is rejoined--he is effectively dead in the meantime. Even then, it would take a good time for his body to come together again (perhaps undoing whatever rot took place during his head's absence.

Likewise, reaching out to form a path between islands is an extremely taxing experience, and reserved for instances were there is no other option. Every trip leaves him exhausted, and vulnerable.

He is protective of his violin and The Score to a fault - if either is touched, treated roughly, or (Gods forbid) damaged, some internal switch flicks, and the man becomes little more than a physical vessel for rage -- the perpetrators will pay, be they friend, foe, or careless civilian, regardless of consequence.

Personality: Exvind is both very similar to many Iwaku denizens, yet subtly different. He walks with the weight of the world on his shoulders, aware of the state of the world and the hardships its people face. He marches on his wanderings with a grim determination, knowing in his core that there is something he must do - what, however, is beyond his knowing. He is the sort that maintains a level head, (or a calm disposition at least) regardless of circumstance. He is quiet, speaking only when he truly has something to say. Otherwise, he allows others to do the majority of the speaking, allowing his actions and his music to communicate for him. His soul is not necessarily (but usually) kind, but more tranquil - akin to what one might expect of a warrior monk. One might accuse him of having a lethargic nature, though any seeing him in battle would argue otherwise. While some musicians might play for money, he performs free of charge wherever he goes, (not denying any gifts of food that might come his way, however.) He cites it as his duty, 'To remind people...there was music, once."

History:
To his knowledge, Exvind exists only because of the Shattering. He awoke with all that he still wears and carries with him, bound with the knowledge that he had a duty to perform...somewhere. From the first moment, he was wandering, and playing his songs, contemplating on a world that aged while he - already old to some - stayed as such. He has pointed out that all memories before the Shattering were lost, yet he knows how to read The Score, how to use the Spear, how to play the seemingly endless maze of notes and songs that fill his head at all hours - is it a true part of him, or does his body remember what his soul and mind do not? The only certainty is that in his heart of hearts, he knows that he has a mission - part of it is to remind people of something they've lost - the Music. The true mission, however, is unknown to him. Is it to restore the world? Or maybe one Aspect? Perhaps to deliver The Score to someone? Above all else, he knows one word is linked to all of these: Maestro.

Goddamn, dude. Very nice, and definitely accepted; looking forward to you getting involved in the next chapter.

Things are progressing pretty fast, guys, which is excellent; if you can all get your asses to the centre of town, the climax of Chapter Two will begin, I think.

I feel like posting again from the center of town and rescuing a few NPC characters along with having gotten Sakura.

I mean, it might be a nice thing to do. . . so that someone who is a native of Rift Town, can survive.

Unless one of us IS native to Rift Town and I just totally overlooked that.

Status
Not open for further replies.