Status
Not open for further replies.
Too be finished.

Name: Jumi
Race/Class/Type: Tormented Immortal Soul
Based Upon: N/A
Appearance:

mage.jpg

Normal Equipment: One large black tome bound in leather, and edged in brass, one quarter staff of white waxwood, and a simple steel dagger.
Special Equipment:

The Mask of Soul Binding - This plated mask locks away memories of past events, and even those from previous lives making recollection of previous events before the masks placement impossible to recall. It's composition is unknown, but it is resilient to common, and most supernatural forms of destruction. It also grants Jumi protection from all but the most powerful telepathic suggestions or domination.

General Abilities: Skilled linguist, writer, chemist, and surgeon.
Special Abilities:

Through years of study, Jumi has discovered the means to manipulation, and in a lesser case, create supernatural elements as well as raw light, and dark energy. With numerous practical applications, this grants him a wide variety of uses for each energy type, however the stronger the application, the more taxing the price on his body, and mind. Over use can cause severe exhaustion, mental instability, and in some cases unconsciousness.

By drawing upon the energies of nature around himself, and those he's actively focusing on, his touch grants health, and healing through touch. Curing light injuries is nearly instantaneous while other more sever injuries require much more concentration and time. Poisons can be cleanses in the same manner as lacerations, or broken limbs though poisons are drawn into his own body in order to heal the victim.

Unlike most mages, Jumi does not suffer from the frailty towards simple acts of exertion. He is much more fit, though not superhumanly so, however his body is much more resilient to poisons nearing superhuman levels as well as his ability to sustain serious injury. This however does not prevent him from suffering from injuries of all kinds. It simply grants him the ability to endure longer than the most fit of men.

Weaknesses:

Should one remember, or discover him to be "Jumi, the Betrayer" they can simply recite the words, and command him in any manner they seem fit, thus making him a slave to their will.

From unsuppressed subconscious memories of falling from grace, this fear as been transformed into a literal fear of heights. Great heights will cause him to panic to points of near insanity, and prevent him from acting in any manner that would place him in danger of falling.

Personality:
History: (What you can recall of your life on Iwaku. This will be everything that occurred after the end of the world [Unless your character was born after this].)

Name: XC
Race/Class/Type: Panda, of the Reality-Bending.
Based Upon: No.
Appearance:

711971713_anime-panda-samurai-001.jpg

Normal Equipment: A katana. A set of robes bound by a red sash. Clogs made of metal. A rucksack with whatever XC has found in his travels.

So far the rucksack has ..

A small sack of potatoes, onions and garlic.
500ml bottle of chicken stock.
500ml bottle of cooking oil.
250ml bottle of dark soy sauce.
250ml bottle of soy sauce.

Special Equipment: None.

General Abilities: Brawling, singing. Being a panda he is extremely strong and is able to lift up to 1.5 tons.
Special Abilities:

'Master Chef' [CONFLUENCE]
XC's an extremely talented chef, probably the best one left alive in the world.

'Food Finder' [REALITY-BENDING]
This power means that XC is always capable of inexplicably finding the food he needs wherever he looks, even if the food would never really be found where he's looking (like say turning over a rock and finding a well-preserved sack of potatoes, or searching a bandit's backpack and finding a bar of chocolate).

'Iron Stomach' [CONFLUENCE]
XC, being a chef has an iron-cast stomach and has seen what he feels is the worst cooking in the world. Many poisons, safe for the most potent ones do not work for him anymore.

Weaknesses:

Size. A very large panda, XC is unable to fit into most entrances made for humans. Being a panda, he is also extremely noticeable.

Paws. Despite how amazing being a panda is, paws. Fucking paws. Although he can grip something, the paws are too large to pull any normal triggers or operate any delicate machinery. That includes pressing buttons on lifts. Yes. XC presses five buttons or so at once.

Limits to his usage of reality bending. Even though Confluence can allow him to bend reality, he is entirely restricted CONJURING and the only things he can conjure are food.

Personality:

Even before he became a Panda, XC LOVED Pandas. So you can imagine how he feels right now to become a Panda. Fuckin' amazing, I'm telling you. XC spends most of his time skipping and dancing around cheerfully, living life with great vigour even though the Shattering has taken place. XC loves being a Panda - It had been his lifelong dream to become a Panda and boom, it had happened! A kind-hearted person, XC rarely harms people - Unless they insult or put his cooking to waste. Then he gets nasty. He'll tear you apart, limb from limb.

History:

Once upon a time he was a kid that bounced around in a panda suit. The panda's head was draped like a hoody over his own, revealing only his face. He loved food - He loved to eat, but an exceptionally high metabolism kept him skinny. However, during his time roleplaying as a panda, he met with a car accident. Boom. Dead. Until a stray spark of Confluence energy hit him, that is. Not only did he receive the path of Confluence the Confluence healed him - However, being stray energy and not focused the energy had thought the panda suit a part of XC.

BOOM!

XC was a Panda. With powers.

POWER PANDA! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

XC currently travels the world, honing his craft as a chef.

DECEASED

Alrighty everybody I change it up. Lets see if this one gets accepted! 8D

Name: Effort
Race/Class/Type: Human, mostly
Based Upon: N/A
Appearance:
Jacket has more pockets. More awesome hair. Short beard and 'stache. Effortdefined.png

Equipment:
Normal Equipment: MP4 player, headphones, various toys, lamp, sunglasses, binoculars, Nerf Murauder sword, brown hat with two skulls on it, cheap broken katana, many packs of Mentos, a glow in the dark throwing ring, a blue rubber bouncy ball, and some camping gear. Keeps this stuff in his jacket.

Special Equipment: His clothes that transform with him. Brown leather jacket in which he keeps all his stuff, can't store anything in it that isn't his or isn't given to him, durable like he is. If some how taken from Effort, the jacket won't hold any one else's objects unless they empty it of his stuff and sweat in it for a while.

Abilities:
General Abilities:
  • Exertion- Can perform great mental and physical feats but will become exhausted and need to rest afterward or run the risk of a cramp or something.
  • Handle With Care- Immune to burns and frost bite.
  • Hard Knocks- Extremely durable.
  • Third Eye- Detects energy systems and can examine molecular structure.
  • Potential- Has easier access to open chakras.

Special Abilities:

• Mimic(SoulArts)- To mimic or physically emulate animals and objects, as well as environmental adaptation. Like turning mostly into a bird and flying, or turning mostly into a tree to blend in, or changing colors to match his background.
  • Science Is Magic(SoulArts)- Using his own will, he can manipulate atoms, some forces, and change the form of energy. Creating barriers, forming electromagnetic fields, and causing wind to blow are some examples. What he can do varies with the environment, and the substances at hand.
Weaknesses:
  • Mimic- When mimicking an object there is a subtle give away that belies his facade. Also he's more exposed to attack when attempting to hide using an object form.
  • Science Is Magic- The energy systems he puts into motion can be dispersed by some one else who knows what they're doing. He uses this mostly for self entertainment and when in battle focuses on using his body. Effort thinks it takes conscious thought to use this ability and so believes it's not suited for close combat.
  • Hubris- Insists on needing nothing more than his jacket for protection and is very confident in his ability to take a hit and does not fully realize that there are people stronger than him. Blocks more than dodges.
  • Chakras- Knows nothing about them and is unaware of his access to them.
  • Lemme Think- Thinks too much which would cause him to hesitate in certain situations.
Personality:
Goofy and flip floppy, his personality may contradict itself and when it does he may start arguing with it. Effort can be careless and lazy and prefers to play rather than work or fight. Some would marvel at his amount of energy and enthusiasm while others would murder him for his lazyness and apathy, it really depends. Most of the time he's oblivious and he'll likely know nothing about what ever you ask him but he'll answer the best he can. If you make friends with him, he'll have your back for anything. Although he seems happy enough, he has a kind of dual personality. The methodical, self-controled logical part, and the impulsive, brutish part.

He really doesn't like it when people treat him like a dog or as if he's not a person.

History:
Long ago Effort was once stuck with responsibilities. They tied him down and kept him from doing what he wanted to do. One day he broke free and has been setting out for adventure ever since.

Attachments

• GothAnimeGuy.png
    GothAnimeGuy.png
    191 KB · Views: 18
So... Effort, let me get this straight. Your character looks like that image... except with a different outfit, no tail or ears, and a happier expression.

So... He has that hair? Is that it? o__o

Cyanide, small point of curiosity. Why are you pretending Vay didn't already get a perfectly new and undiluted tranquilizer? What must my character do to be MORE noticeable to your character?

I should have colored the syringe blue, I bet I'd be more memorable if I did that.

you should have offered him a red syringe or a blue syringe.

*Looks at Effort's character sheet*

*Nods*

I nominate the unstoppable magical juggernaut with cloning cartoon powers as our leader.

No one kill him in his sleep or pretend to childishly play games with sticks and stones.

That way...he's immortal.

... what about Shroomy?
Is he not good enough for you Jack?
Is he not COOL enough for you!?

Stop encouraging drugs.
Drugs are bad, mmkay?
We'll cook him up proper and have a wasteland feast.

I wouldn't say "juggernaut" more like a big child who can do cool shit

*catches up on the plot*

Okay, so...

- Curiose decapitates someone in the street and no one cares.
- Raziel walks into a bar and starts a fight, but then the bar magically resets itself when Cressen walks in.
- The bar goes back to being on the verge of a fight when the Doctor walks in
- Then the bar calms down again when Cyanide sits next to Raziel, who now appears to be sitting at a table instead of a bar
- The bad syringe is taken away, but then reappears at the bar, whilst the barman goes back to casually serving drinks
- Osso breaks into the tavern and finds some oranges in the back room, then magically teleports outside to be noticed by Zypher
- Zypher leans against the front door of the tavern and then becomes invisible to all the other characters entering the bar
- The bar then resets itself to being calm and orderly, just so Curiose can start screaming about mushrooms
- Then Curiose and the barfight disappear altogether as Effort comes in and starts singing a George Michael song.

At least now I don't have to post.

Grumpy, I'll be back once all the players who don't read posts and don't understand your atmosphere have got bored and dropped out. And I'm sorry that my characters aren't awesome magic-users who can totally kill everyone and are invisible and live in flying chocoloate treehouses with forcefields.

Relax old chap, it's New Year's Eve.

*looks at the rest of the OOC*

Guys, relax; it's New Year's Eve--

*looks at the IC thread*

...relax, Grumpy, it's New Year's Eve.

Okay, let me pull some GM-timeline altering and get this back on track. There's going to be a bar-fight. Tables will be thrown. Chair-legs shall be brandished and an angry barman will be screaming at you all the whole time to get the fuck out of his bar. Y'know? A fight. In a bar.

And yeah, the irate Englishman above me does make a valid point; you need to pay attention to what your fellow players are posting and describing, or else things are going to get confusing fast. There's a guide here for recognising when posts affect your character; I recommend you check it out.

Please do keep in mind the themes and setting of this RP. This is a post-apocalypse game; it's gritty, it's unpleasant and it's downright dark in places. Men and women are prepared to kill you for the very clothes on your back. You can die from diseases and infections so easily it's not even funny. And yes, you may well have powers and be capable of kicking serious ass, but you're not the only one; thus starting trouble can turn bad really rather fast.

In short, think
fallout_3-1.jpg
and
MadMax-1.jpg
.​

That sort of jazz.

Could I ask everyone to start putting [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] tags at the bottom of your posts containing a short summary of your post? That should stop people from getting mixed up and confused.

Also, I'll be gone until around the 2nd, probably. Anyone re-derailing the plot in the meantime will have ninjas dispatched to their home.

Summaries are a very good idea.

I just assumed everyone who forgot I posted warped reality because my mask creeped them out.

Sorry about that, I misread what Ozzie had put, I have fixed my post to make up for the anomaly.

Wait . . . did I screw up anything in my last post? I'm just making sure with y'all before I go to write my next post about the bar fight at hand.

I had assumed that the fight in itself was void because of the actions of Jack. But sure.

The bartender is just confused. We've had three or four different realities in the bar so far, I bet he just wants things to make sense again.

Poor guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.