Iwaku SHATTERED

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 'Rules/Guidelines' section has been added to the second post of the OOC.

Please familiarise yourselves with them and bear in mind that I will track you down and fucking murder you if you break themSPARKLES AND RAINBOWS AND HAPPINESS.

thank you Grumpy! :]

Finished~~ tadaa~ :P

Name: Sakura
Race/Class/Type: Magical Girl - Human
Based Upon: Sakura, sister of Razilin, of the Elder Invasion.

Appearance:
shattered_sakura.jpg
Normal Equipment: A white messenger bag containing an old diary written in a script she cannot understand and a couple of survival supplies. She has two silver daggers, one on a holster on her right thigh and the other strapped to the inside of her right boot. Attached to her waist belt is a boomerang with an insignia she does not recognize (batman's insignia).
Special Equipment:
a magically shrunken form of a wand on a chain necklace. It looks familiar, but she cannot use it.
General Abilities:
Agile and adept in movement, gymnastics, and martial art styles of combat. A fast runner.

Special Abilities:

-Lucidity: if a precious friend or ally is injured in battle, this ability allows her to temporarily copy one power from the ally for the current fight. She is often left exhausted by one use of Lucidity per day.
[SoulArts]
-Memoria: by leaving her physical body, she can enter the memories of the targeted person. The amount of time spent in the other person's mind affects her energy when she reawakens.
[SoulArts]
And the power she was granted by the Sheath of Iwaku:
Uncorruptible[SoulArts] - Sakura has been offered the temptations of power and resisted. She is incapable of being swayed by promises of power, wealth or personal gain. The Cycle seems to actively protect her innocence at all times and keep her pure of heart and mind.

Weaknesses:
During the use of Memoria, if she is startled by what she sees, she will be unable to break free of the spell unless someone forcefully wakes her physical self, drawing her back to reality. Sakura has moderate physical strength, but is still weak compared to the average man. She suffers from frequent nightmares of jumbled up memories.

Personality:
A bright-eyed young woman, Sakura is kind, trusting, and sincere, often getting herself into other people's troubles. She is very emotional and comes off as somewhat of an airhead, but there is depth to her personality that does not outwardly appear. She is frequently quiet, lost in thought or lost in the fragments of memories that haunt her, but there is a naivety that makes her seem fragile. Sakura tries her best to understand people and to comfort them, so that one day, in their time of struggle, she may be able to give them strength.

History:
The remains of her memory are in fragments and pieces. She remembers having brown hair. She remembers a brother, a mentor, a savior; three figures that she cannot put a name or a face to. But in all the fragments, the one thing she distinctly remembers is that she was always happy. In times of distress or struggle, there was always hope. The actual memories are gone, but the feelings remain, as if the warmth of those people in her past still linger on her fingertips. Her clearest memory is awakening in middle of a battlefield, two tribes of people warring for reasons they could not remember, and even so, they could not stop fighting. Tired of trying to convince them of what they were doing, she managed to travel away, through ruins and rubble, always finding food or shelter without meaning to. It was as if someone was protecting her, providing clues for her, so that she would not be lost or hurt on her way to wherever she was going.

Bollocks, I got the date for Friday wrong.

[size=+2]IT'S FRIDAY THE 6TH, GUYS. NOT THE 10TH. SORRY.[/size]

'stick with the themes' Yeah I know who that was meant for >>

Gosh Effort. Don't call me out like that. :[

Quick question about currancy:

My assumption is that because this is post apocalyptic, previous forms of money has long since been destroyed. There may be fragments of what is left, but that would only be few and far inbetween. Instead, what is used as "money" for buying things or otherwise, for player use? Or is it all bargaining and trade?

Jack mentioned "Engels" in one of his posts. These were gold coins produced by the royal mint before the Shattering. They may still have value, though I imagine commodities like fuel, water and ammunition might take precedent.

Yeah, I just read that. Was not sure what they were.

Alright, thank you for clarifying.

And just so I have my bearings right:

-GMK is in the entryway of the bar
-Vay, Acqua, Osso and Jack Shade are in the back room
-Ceddy is in the bar
-Ili is behind the bar table
-XC is in Rift Town
-Cressin is heading out of the bar into Rift Town
-Zypher is by the entryway
-Kitti is in the bar

That's the jist of it, aye, with the exception of Cressen. I've asked him to edit out the mad public necromancy and murdering, but so-far haven't heard back. I've removed it for now as it's clearly causing confusion (and scaring people from getting involved with the bar-scene).

So yeah, Cressen's no longer doing murdertime-funtime, but the rest you have right.

Ever since I saw the word partitur(a) I've always wanted to have an opportunity to use it for some reason. Again, I kinda' left the post loose-ish with the time-frame so that I'd give Ozzie and Vay a chance to follow out into the open before I go all Idol mode on'em :>

@Jack Shade: I couldn't help but play off of the Picture Girl nickname. I quite like that description, really. x]

I got kinda absent there for awhile but I'll post tomorrow.

Okie dokie.

I'll hold back for now with the posting until the bar fight dies down a bit. Unless, I have need to respond.

It'll give others a chance to pop in, too.

I had a question but I found my answer.

Name: Raymond Holt

Race/Class/Type: Human / Bounty Hunter/P.I.

Based Upon: ??? / n/a

Appearance:

Normal Equipment: Semi-automatic pistol x3 extra magazines, fighting knife, trench coat, Administrative Level Iwaku Library Card (name erased), notepad and pencil, Extra pack of cigarettes, and rucksack.

Special Equipment: n/a

General Abilities: Skilled marksman, Average with blades, basic first aid, excellent memory and recollection (to a point).

He can remember fragments of the world before, usually if there is something to jog his memory. This usually ranges around names, places, maps, events. But usually the information is more troubling to him than useful.

Special Abilities:
Elemental Shields (Dream-weaving / mild Reality-Bending): This world is a dangerous place. Raymond has learned to draw upon other realms to create elemental shields in order to protect himself or others from harm. These shields can be created from nearly any element. The larger the shield the harder it is for him to sustain it.

Grounded Reality (Confluence): Sort of self explanatory. Raymond can create a shockwave of "realism." Everything inside of this bubble is thus governed by "real world physics." Magical staffs and swords become mundane. Magical abilities/powers (including his own elemental shields) cease to exist. People cannot dodge bullets matrix style. While not physically draining, it is mentally tasking and often gives him severe headaches afterwards. Limited to once a day useage.

Weaknesses:
Older: He is not the teenage anime hero or the rough and tumble twenty year old rebel without a cause. The world is not a 1950s Americana of healthiness and optimism. While not yet sporting white hair and a crutch, Raymond is past his youth, and one could argue, his prime. Thus he is not as fit and athletic as those younger than him.

Cigarettes: Perhaps partially why he is not in as good of shape as he could be. They are considered to be bad for your health. Anyway, he's got to have that tobacco at least once (and often times more) a day.

Health: Hand and hand with being older in the post-modern world and a lifetime of cigarettes. His health is not what it used to be.
Personality:
Worn down and beaten. He has almost given up trying to make sense of his past and the world around him. His past is a collection of fragmented memories that every so often flicker in and out of focus in his mind. His view upon the shattered realm and its people is one of grim reality and cynicism. People live and then they die. Despite the odds, he has somehow kept living. The best he can do now is to make a small difference on who lives and who dies.

Needless to say he is not a charming wise old man willing to be your friend. Disenchanted and disgusted with the world and its inhabitants would be a better description.

History:
Waking up one morning during a torrential rain storm in a muddy ditch with no idea how you got there is bad enough. Discovering the ditch is on the edge of a bottomless abyss is a small degree worse. Having no recollection of who you are aside from the clothes on your back and a library card stuffed into your wallet with no name? Finding the realm you're in has no possible way for you to regain your memories and that it has also gone to hell?

It just got worse.

Raymond spent much of the early years trying to piece together who the hell he was and what the hell was going on. He quickly and rather harshly discovered this was a lost cause for one man. This realization occurred while he was in Rift Town. Back then it was just a two-bit lawless trading stop for airships (not that much has changed). Raymond helped organize the first real law and police force in the town. Who was in the right in disputes, who needed to be kicked out of town before they caused serious harm, keeping the general peace, that sort of thing. Raymond helped organize it, hoping that there could be something good made out of nothing. Maybe, eventually, they could rebuild and discover what they had lost. He mentored many an up and coming officer who was fresh faced and felt they could make a difference in this ruined world.

And watched a great many of them die.

Becoming disenchanted once again with the collapse of the rudimentary police force due to politics and power plays in Rift Town, Raymond took to the private side of law enforcement. Now he collects bounties on wanted criminals and is a private investigator for hire. The pay is better, but not much else is.

Grumpy steals my mythos font, text colour and setting. And now Woody steals my mythos powers. This is a conspiracy!

>:[

Some goof deleted my reservation post. :P

Name
:Madeleine Fracturas
She also answers to "Maddie," "Liney," or "Lines"
Race/Class/Type: Curio Collector/Sentiment Alchemist
Based Upon: Unknown(Maybe its her motivation?[/hint, hint])
Appearance:
HeyDarksideFeetOffTheCar1.jpg
Madeleine dresses just the tiniest bit garish for someone scavenging to survive. She seems fond of using odd trinkets she finds as makeshift jewelry or accessories. Her most consistent item is a small rosary holding symbols for each of Iwaku's Archetypes in its beads.

Normal Equipment:
Bric-a-bracs
Carpentry and Chemistry Equipment
Lighter
Coats lined with ampoules, vials, and beakers
Pen and Parchment Paper
Archetype Rosary

Special Equipment:
Psychic Distillery- Various tools, seemingly mundane and otherwise, used to siphon off and alter copies of memories.[Soul Arts]

Magic Carpet- Flying transportation. Not very big.[Dreamweaving]

Carpet Bag Ateliers- Twin carpet bags that hold her Shop and her alchemy lab respectively while traveling about.[Dreamweaving/Reality Bending]

General Abilities:
Reasonably fit(Managing, cleaning, and repairing the shop all by herself requires it).
Keen Intellect
Incomplete Chemistry Knowledge
Intuitive leaps and phenominal cold reading(When she actually manages to focus)

Special Abilities:
Sentiment Alchemist- Limited ability to interact with memories and emotions as though they were tangible objects.[Soul Arts/Dreamweaving]

Psychic Sommelier- Empathy, limited mindreading and psychiometry. Certain thoughts and emotions have a recurring "feel" to them. Madeleine can sometimes pick up on these, thus gaining a vague or crude impression of what someone is feeling or thinking.[Soul Arts]

Sentiment Brewer and Memory Moonshine- Liney's passion and less-widely known business is the creation of "Mnemonics"--elixirs, incenses, and snacks imprinted with potent memories and emotions. The most common are pure and common experiences.

The priciest are fabrications--new experiences created from carefully mixing old memories into something undeniably "real" despite having never occurred.

Her Mnemonics are a bit controversial(among those who even know about them) in that some--such as Maddie herself--believe they can cause old real memories to resurface. Others believe this is just the mind losing its grasp of an already tenuous reality. She is working on an Ultimate Pneumonic that she suspects can genuinely restore complete memories.[Soul Arts/Dreamweaving]

Weaknesses:
Becoming addicted to her own product.

Sniffing around the minds of others is dangerous, especially when you've been hitting Mnemonic brews a little too often. As such, it's sometimes difficult for Maddie to remember just what she, herself, is thinking, feeling herself drown among outside inner voices.

Madeleine's mind-skimming abilities depend on her effort, the clarity of her own mind, and how recognizable her target's thought patterns are.

The science of sentiment alchemy is a rough one. And althrough Madeleine works hard to remove certain details and stimuli from her mixtures, she isn't always completely successful. Side-effects ensue.

Personality:
Love of novelty. Feels a kinship and affinity for things without obvious uses. Not as confident as she appears. Capable of great acts of willpower and stubbornness when she deems it necessary, but finds the effort mentally exhausting. Prefers one on one conversations to group discussions.

History: She's known in some areas as the off-kilter Curio shop owner. Of course, in a world of such scarce resources, she's part pawnshop, part second-string trade post. If you can't get a good deal trading elsewhere, Liney Fracturas is bound to give you something for your junk. Sometimes it's more junk, but sometimes she has something useful. Either way, she doesn't seem too sharp. She just seems to like moving things in and out of the shop just because she can. People wonder how she manages to stay in business or ever acquire anything of value.

Sometimes, she shows them how.

Her Mnemonics. She somehow acquires memories, remixes them, and then sells them in the form of potions, incenses, and other various consumable forms. For some, they're memory aides for important tasks and knowledge, but most clients of her side-business crave a moment of escapism and/or chance at uncovering the past. She sympathizes with both.

Madeleine keeps moving from place to place so as not to draw too much attention and to decrease the number of broken, angry addicts left in her wake (ruined lives are bad for PR, and bad PR is you-know-what for business). She's just a legend and rumor, drifting through the ruined world--or so she hopes.

Coming to deal with her own growing addiction, she's recently set up shop in Rift Town where she plans to use the resources and people there to make a new breakthrough--an Ultimate Elixir that can provide perfect memory.

If you have any questions or suspicions , PM me ASAP. I want to get in on this early.

Grumpy steals my mythos font, text colour and setting. And now Woody steals my mythos powers. This is a conspiracy!

Just be glad I didn't steal your awesome 'shades while I was at it.

It's not like you were usin' them anyway.

'sides, it seems like no one else wanted confluence powers as an ability... need to balance out the awesome famil- ... team.

This is not my night, I'd written a quite long post when I happened to back to the previous page and lost the entire thing>.< But anyway I decided to join in with you guys outside the bar's back door.

If you can find the hidden song in my last post you get a waffle.

Status
Not open for further replies.