Iwaku SHATTERED - Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.o

I was not aware of any preplotting, I merely just went with the flow.

Edited on my side here too. Now XC asks Natalie if he could sit.

So I have a possible plot little plot idea XC, for when I get my character fixed and approved.

Add me on Skype. Pixelated-

*Puts smiley-face stickers on everyone's faces*

Now let's not do this again.

GODDAMIT OZZIE! ME AND UNANUN WERE INTERACTING!

*sends Meds on a kill frenzy*

You may sit, XC. Also, I'll be gone for awhile soon today. Mom and step dad are takin' my little siblings and me to the water park in fifteen.

MY HACKLES ARE RAISED AND I SHANT BE STOPPED
Hang on I'm just going to wrap this up, Asmodeus seems like a upstanding guy who can take what he dishes out so keep in mind that I'm not actually mad or trying to hurt his feelings.

*chews his arrogant pills*

Needz moar.

It wasn't really a personal attack - just a comment. From what I've seen your characters don't have normal reactions to things (see: grabbing someone's boobs because a cat is stamping on them).

Maybe I was taking too many liberties with the social mores of a world that was fragmented into drifting Laputas ... ? If you're talking about my other characters in other RPs we both are in, what is 'normal'?

And my point was that we could have just about, at a stretch, accomodated Rul's idiosyncrasies, if we didn't have anyone else spitting in the melting pot. You obviously wanted someone to react to your weird behaviour and notice your vampire fangs, at the cost of any character interaction Arkie and Zen might have achieved. And we might have just managed that as we were

You obviously wanted someone to react to your [Meds diving into ink], at the cost of any character interaction Arkie and Zen might have achieved. Note that I'm not criticizing you, but I'm turning your arguments around, because: I feel that for some reason you are unfairly singling me out. See here, I'm sure that talking to cats (which even people IRL like to do) and baring longer-than-normal fangs sits near the bottom of the list of strange things about our little group. It also seems unreasonable for you to think I've managed the heroic feet of stifling character interaction .. with one post.

You obviously...

Hold your horses there Freud! You many have read my character sheet (still doubt it :< ), but none of the characters have. I wrote the introductory post to set the tone they might expect. First impressions, right? It might have been attention grabbing, maybe you see me as trying to hog the spotlight, but I assure you that I'm more than willing to forget about posting for a few days and have other characters have a go at it.

O.o

I was not aware of any preplotting, I merely just went with the flow.

Asmodeus sure made it sound like it was. I'm either guilty of not taking a hint, or at the very best lacking RP tact.

---

Asmodeus, it might be hard for you to understand, but for all of my RP'ing life I lived on a forum where OOC threads did not exist. Nay, plot did not exist. We just shot the shit everyday, exchanging posts between two people (three was a crowd) every 5 minutes. I think I can write well. But cooperation, planning, reading between the lines, and accommodating people is a skill I am willing, and still trying, to pick up.

What irritates me is that everyone waits until I've done something wrong to slash my throat, or that no one seems to establish clear limits on what to do. For example, in FateGuard I tip-toed for a long time after the beginning before apparently you wanted us to grow balls - the moment I grow some it seems that I've grown far too many! We have no idea what's going to happen so we hesitate with liberties we take, and I'm speaking for myself in that I don't post in FG as much because I have no idea what direction you will take us in. All of our actions hinge on what you write, but at the same time you want us to puppet the characters well.

---

tl;dr
: Writing all of that made me hungry and I'm going to make a tuna sandwich.

FateGuard's not a problem now. I'm actively defending you against the people who have got the wrong impression. (It's actually a personal crusade of mine to get others to accept you 8D)

But in this roleplay the boob-grabbing was clearly meant to inflame the situation. What response were you expecting, other than outrage and confusion? I was there when Tegan read it, and she was about to react negatively before we both agreed it wouldn't help anyone if she did so.

I think there's a considerable difference between that and a cat dipping its head under a coat. I had to show that Azazel and Meds were happy to see each other again. I couldn't NOT do that, and I didn't expect anyone to acknowledge it. But I believe you had more of a choice about boob-grabbing and fang-flashing. Just as Natalie and XC had a choice about where to enter.

But I could be wrong. And more than likely a hypocrite. We all want to be mysterious and alluring, and I'm probably just upset that others are clumping. It's a question of pacing at the end of the day. I'm more than willing to do the footwork to get people involved, but trying to write posts that react to multiple assaults of surrealty is beyond even my hijacking skills.

Anyway, let's divide and conquer this clusterfuck.

Hmm . . .

Fine. :$

But in this roleplay the boob-grabbing was clearly meant to inflame the situation. What response were you expecting, other than outrage and confusion?

If you will believe what I say, it was something that sprung to mind upon reading your post. However it reflects on Rul (or .. me), it was something that I ended up writing without giving second thought to. You might say it was .. spontaneous. Second thought did not prevail that day.

I'm sorry I had Rul grab boob.

and fang-flashing

I don't know, I still don't think it has anywhere remotely close to the shock factor of anything else I've read so far. Besides, fangs will be seen whenever I move Rul's mouth. I could have written nothing and some enterprising RPer might have decided to pencil it in on their own.

We all want to be mysterious and alluring

I'd like to be anything but, though (I wanted to be when I was a teeeeeeeeeen). It's more fun to interact.

I had to show that Azazel and Meds were happy to see each other again. I couldn't NOT do that, and I didn't expect anyone to acknowledge it.

So I wrote my stuff to set the tone for my character, an introduction if you will, and you also wrote the same. The difference was in how flashy each character was, but it seems that the underlying motivation for each post was the same. Then it's up to others how to acknowledge it, which falls into how they've crafted their respective personalities. It's there, but it depends on others to acknowledge it.

FateGuard's not a problem now. I'm actively defending you against the people who have got the wrong impression. (It's actually a personal crusade of mine to get others to accept you 8D)

I need tissues .. n-not because I'm crying. Remind me why we don't talk more? You seem like the kind of guy who theorizes about writing.

It's a question of pacing at the end of the day.

Too bad you're the most diligent impatient about posting. Your OCD is your own defeat!

multiple assaults of surrealty

This isn't no Nostalgia of the Infinite!

So, I'm afraid I'm going to withdraw my application, seems this rp is moving quite fast, and I'm not particularly sure I'll be able to keep up with the pace. ^^;

Fuck me, I go away for a day or so and I come back to this shenanigans.

Seems like we've mostly sorted it in my absence, however, which is nice; plot shall be getting dropped later today, so that'll keep the boob-grabbing to a minimum and give the characters something to do for a while.

Hopefully we'll be uniting the two groups in the next chapter, if all goes well.

Family emergencies are fun.

Apologies for the delay, guys; some shit has decided to crop up on my end, so I'm probably not going to be able to get a post up for another day or so. Keep the interaction up as much as you like.

We'll hopefully have things going again soon.

Totally fine. Just got back from a wedding.

Now I'm lost.

Catching up on stuff.

Sorry about the delay guys, also started a new job and stuff. I'll have a post up tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.