Iwaku SHATTERED - Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
*takes away Acqua's purple colouring pen*

That's enough prose for you! >:[

Okay, the situation's in danger of becoming silly. Too many people are playing the "Oh, hey, can you strangers help me with something?" card. We've barely had time to react to each other before someone else has come in and waved their crazy shit around.

So, if everyone consents, I'll hijack the alley cats and get us to a place where we can all talk without holding each other's boobs and being lolwhut.

I haven't played it yet! I was about to write an angry post about it.

I'll consent. I was planning on having Natalie question instead of leading everyone around the city in search of someone who's not there.

@Asmo: It's not purple; it's obviously wisteria!

Hm. I want to write something, but I'll wait until Tegan posts.

*snickers at the hot dog and fries*

Dead grandmother and stuff. Should have a post up by Monday. Anyone who posts their condolences in this OOC will be savagely mocked.

BUSINESS AS USUAL DICKS. >:(

I scrolled/skimmed and nearly read it as 'sexually abused'.

Isn't that what's been happening the whole time? (hasn't read recent posts)

I see that Azazel making an impromptu approach to Zen has started a bad habit.

Azazel is the kind of creature who approaches strangers. It's part of his character make-up.

Why is everyone else being random?

Azazel -> Zen -> Tian -> Meds -> Arkie (+ Rul) <- Acqua (Natalie) <- XC

I see that Azazel making an impromptu approach to Zen has started a bad habit.

Azazel is the kind of creature who approaches strangers. It's part of his character make-up.

Why is everyone else being random?

I'd thought you might have figured this out already: you're the R. Kelly of Iwaku. Not only can you get away with almost anything because of your entertainment value, but you're the Pied Piper of R&B RP. :P

Dead grandmother and stuff. Should have a post up by Monday. Anyone who posts their condolences in this OOC will be savagely mocked.

BUSINESS AS USUAL DICKS. >:(

You have my condo--

Oh. My condo. You have my condo. *nods and walks away*

@Asmo: Well, Natalie was silently stalking Zen the whole time so . . . . *not sure if z-snapping is appropriate here*

I'll wait 'til Tegan or Grumpy posts. My mind can only come up with so many metaphors.

I don't know what you're trying to say, Unanun.

I know it's not my roleplay blah blah humble pie, but...

The scene was about Azazel finding his cat. Zen was asked to help, and this would establish the first crucible. Azazel would learn what Zen was capable of - see the limits of her altruism, and come to know her a little better.

At the same time the cat would be found by Arkie, a young Noob out of her element who was alone and confused. By catching Meds she was about to be dragged into this strange new world. She would be found by a monk and a shadow, who would illustrate the flavours of the rabbit hole she was falling down.

This was a cool setup. Three strong character arcs.

Her bumping into Rul was a bit awkward. Now there was someone else in the equation. Another newcomer. When Zen and Azazel showed up, it would be strange - a three-way meeting, a three-way confusion. It was a bit of stretch, but I figured we could work with it.

Then Rul grabbed a handful of boob, for reasons known only to his aloof and mysterious personality. Sure this was funny, but it didn't help the interaction at all. It was a lolwhut moment and confused everything. But this was Unanun and we shouldn't expect to tow any kind of conventional line of storytelling (and God knows I've tried). So again, we tried to work with this and make it into a joke, even though it overshadowed Zen's arc entirely. The monk was almost lost in the lolwhut.

Then we almost brought it back, with Azazel offering to buy everyone food as a thank you. It was sloppy, but it might have been the only way to get through the introductions of who the hell Rul and Arkie were and shitlet'spretendwedidn'tseethosevampirefangs.

Then Natalie (who has been following us for some spurious reason) shows up and seems to ignore the fact that people are grasping each other's boobs and asks for help out of the blue. Not only does she ask this, but then coaxes Zen to look at some random blue light in her bag. Instantly, we have another character who needs to be asked who the fuck she is and why she is here. And we also have to look in her bag??

Then we just about get organised again and sit down to eat and tell each other's stories. Azazel achieves the first of FOUR required character introductions. Then suddenly XC appears at our booth with a hot dog and fries.

Now we have a FOURTH character who needs to be asked who the fuck he is and why the fuck he's suddenly dropped out of God's arse and into our laps.

Sure, we could argue that XC is just a random guy who needs a seat. But are the rest of us really going to carry on our introductions with a sword-wielding gang member sitting next to us? Let alone another PLAYER expecting incorporation.

And also, Azazel will probably RECOGNISE XC, so will be all like "Hey, it's you!", which will shift all of the attention to XC, before Rul and Arkie and Natalie have even had a CHANCE to open their mouths.

Am I taking crazy pills here?​

Okay, now that you've laid it out in its entirety, I can see why you're angry. Do you want me to edit myself out of this mess?

How about this. Natalie continues stalking from afar (for reasons that still haven't been explained, I might add). She takes a table in the Dmitri. Then XC sits next to her because there's nowhere else to sit. Then Azazel, after he's finished with everyone else, recognises XC and comes over to their booth. Because Azazel is naturally heraldic, Natalie gets some information out of him. Meanwhile, Arkie and Rul have a chance to breathe and explain who they are.

Everyone gets their intro. No one gets crowded.

No, you seem to be taking .. arrogant pills? Lack-of-informing-other pills?

I'm not an accomplished psychologist, so the responsibility of letting others know that you want to be left alone as a sub-group lies heavily with you. Heavily.

You seem to like ascribing symptoms of teenage immaturity to anything you don't like, is it your personal way of feeling superior to everyone else?

Then Rul grabbed a handful of boob, for reasons known only to his aloof and mysterious personality.

I thought it followed naturally from Meds stamping on tits. Maybe I need to make my personality sheet longer? I have no clue where you got aloof and mysterious from, I'll just assume you didn't bother reading what I put up.

shitlet'spretendwedidn'tseethosevampirefangs.

If I didn't want anyone to know it I wouldn't have written it. You might as well have written it as shitlet'spretendwedidn'tseethatthereisagiantinkblobwithacatinadesert. I'm not sure legitimizing your character with weaknesses gives you the right to question other characters' feasibility. I don't know what would make people balk more: a mass of ink wrapped in a cloak or larger than normal canines.

But this was Unanun and we shouldn't expect to tow any kind of conventional line of storytelling (and God knows I've tried).

Fffffff a personal attack. I must be seriously lacking the ability to write or read between the lines, because every time I try to go along with what is implied in any previous post I get slapped by you or Chaos. It absolutely baffles me and just about leaves me with a sense that there was a long PM exchange I was not privy to.

Lord (but no one else, it seems) knows that I've tried to improve. I think. But there must be some secret procedure that I was not handed yet!

And also, Azazel will probably RECOGNISE XC, so will be all like "Hey, it's you!", which will shift all of the attention to XC, before Rul and Arkie and Natalie have even had a CHANCE to open their mouths.

Logistics problems in a 10+ person RP served by one thread, where the three people who did preplot did not mention their intentions in the OOC?

Can do, though it might take awhile to look coherent because I kind of screwed Zen into interacting with me. Doof.

*chews his arrogant pills*

It wasn't really a personal attack - just a comment. From what I've seen your characters don't have normal reactions to things (see: grabbing someone's boobs because a cat is stamping on them). And my point was that we could have just about, at a stretch, accomodated Rul's idiosyncrasies, if we didn't have anyone else spitting in the melting pot. You obviously wanted someone to react to your weird behaviour and notice your vampire fangs, at the cost of any character interaction Arkie and Zen might have achieved. And we might have just managed that as we were.

Alright. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by me jumping in like that. I'll edit my post later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.