It's a Dog Eat Dog World: Act 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew groaned listening to the noise before he sat up and rubbed his eyes. it took his awhile to register what exactly was going on but when he did he quickly got out of bed and then put on his clothes and grabbed the bags that were in the room. Hepling Josie up and geting ready he opened the door to the room. Heading to the passage with the tunnels he placed all of the gear on the bike and walked through the tunnel. His mood wasn't the best since he was woken up but he was glad that he was. Everything was happening so fast he hardly had time to comprehend it at all.

Josie moved by command of Matt's persistent guiding as the ground continued to quake around them. Dirt lightly rained down on them as she sat in the sidecar, stuffing more bags into the foot of the compartment, and more so in the side storage area. She watched Terry help Monty pack up his bike...and still, she couldn't figure out what was going on.

"Terry, what's going on up there?"

"We're under attack...bandits from one of the larger Pits in this area. They're the ones that were after Hunter, but based on what Marcie just told me, they must know you guys are wanted. There's after you guys too."

Josie looked towards Matt with no less worry in her face. It was time for the chase...

Terry handed her a map, "This is the layout of the mountains. IF you follow the paths that are marked, you don't run into a Pit Territory. Good luck!"

Hunter had bodies lain everywhere. He was tired of having to search for them. He went to the main source. Outside. He saw the group come at him. They did not see him. He saw them though. It was as if they were outlined in red. He ran. he followed instincts and attacked at the end of the group the last man. He slit the tenants in there ankle and behind the knee. as the man fell to one knee hunter muffled his scream and stabbed him in the heart. He knew this was it. He was about to wipe them all out. He did not know how long it would be. Please wait for me guys.... He had to get going. There would probably more tat were going to come. He didn't have much time. The rest of the night was filled with screams and blood. As every single one of them fell without mercy. To his blade.

[DASH=cyan]
Phi Chisym said:
"...Tank...Gaines...Newhart... Do you have anyone you recommend, Atticus?"

"All excellent choices," he said, "They'll make a fine search and rescue team. I'd like you to send Darius from tech with them as well. He'll be able to take care of their equipment and he's excellent at communications. Should the team, or our friends, require means to communicate with us, or anyone for that matter, in austere environments he'll be the one to make it happen. He can also serve as my connection to the immediate situation. He might not have as much tactical training as the rest but what he lacks in training he more than makes up for in ingenuity and intelligence. He'll be a beneficial asset. I'll let you know what I hear back over the network. The message will be ready in a few more minutes and I'll keep you informed as we begin to receive responses. Assemble your team and make sure they have free access to all ISH equipment, the necessary clearances, and full ISH credit along the road. SAM and I have found a potential means of mildly disrupting Haven's networks with little to no footprint and we'll do what we can to cover any communications trying to find their way back to them about Matt and Josie. More than likely it won't stop them but it might slow them down a little. As of this moment there is no chatter on the net about anyone having seen them so at least they've managed to keep their head down in the past hour or so. Don't worry, we'll find them, Ace. Do you have any questions for me?"

As he spoke, old synapses in his mind began to come on line like lights in a warehouse coming to life aisle after aisle after having their switch thrown for the first time following a prolonged period of inactivity. As each new light lit it revealed yet another aisle of an expansive inventory of various skill sets, experiences, and a vast array of knowledge that had been put into place with a highly specific intent and precise purpose. Since before the fall, Atticus had not had the need to draw upon that specific inventory but he found the current situation, and the greater implications of Haven, to draw him towards greater preparation for action. Haven's corruption was becoming like a whet stone upon which he felt less and less able to refrain from sharpening the teeth and claws of the ISH in order loose them on the heart of that corruption. Prudence and experience told him that now was not the time and that he and SAM could do more good from the IN, but he could feel the muscles of his action beginning to grow taut with anticipation. He didn't know what the future held but like anyone trained in the "finer arts of warfare" he would not let it find him, or those close to him, unprepared.[/DASH]

He stood there. Covered in blood and wounds he stood there. Not his own blood. The ones that were scattered around him. He only stood there for a minute. The fresh blood that was quickly drying up that shined in the moonlight. He then sheathed his sword and ran. Hoping that he wasn't too late. He ran down the pathway and through the tunnels. Only following sounds he heard. Eventually he saw them in a distance. Relieved he did not miss them he ran a little faster waving.

He stood there in front of the bikes panting. breathing pretty heavily. "H-hey.... d....do you mind...if I... Tag along?" He looked up. His eyes were almost pleading for the answer to be yes. He needed answers and he felt like tagging along with them would give him some.

As the ran and when they slowed only slightly did Matthew hear what Josie was saying. She was right and the sound of footsteps seemed to be comming closser and closser to where they were. He looked at Josie and then Mony before turrning tword the guy who asked to tag along with them. Slowly he nodded knowing the more people the better. He reached and gripped his rifle and then waited until he could see the figure of who or what was following them. " We should keep moving".

((Dang@!!!! Sorry about that, but it seems that I didn't read Huntsman's post before I posted. There's no one else running up to them. My post entered late. It was suppose be Josie hearing Hunter running up...

So, I'm deleting that last post. You guys edit however you need to, but my post was wrong. Sorry. :D ))

The group grew another person, which was great. Josie knew she would be a problem throughout the trip. But with more people in the group, it won't be as if her situation will cause problems. She hoped...

Once the group felt safe enough, they started the bikes and rode on. Hunter had to share a ride with Monty, which was fine. They all can get the hell out of that tunnel quickly. When they finally reached the end, the glow of the moon illuminating the exit, they drove out of the tunnel and found themselves deep inside the mountain. It was cold and damp, but dry for the most part. There were holes above them allowing the moon to shine through, but there wasn't an exit in sight that they could see.

"But, how do we get out of here?" Josie asked, and then remembered what Terry gave her. "Oh, Terry gave us a map... It should lead us out of here."

She figured the map out and showed Matt what she found. There was a path that lead directly to the mouth of the cave. When they reached it, they decided to build a fire and rest up for the rest of the night. Their rest was broken with that rude awakening, and if they're going to travel any further in the morning, rest would be well wanted.

Josie tried her best to make a comfortable place to rest for her and Matt, but it was no use for her. The ground was hard and uncomfortable no matter how she laid. The blankets and sleeping bags they'd stolen from the ISH didn't seem to help all that much either.

I guess when you're pregnant, everything's suppose to be uncomfortable,"
she thought as she sat up and watched the fire burn.

He had sat backwards on the bike. There were certain things he drew the line at and grabbing at a man was one of them. He had clung to the bak of the bike, and every time he hit a bump he almost fell off the bike. But he stubbornly held the back of the bike.

When they had gotten to the cave hunter was sitting against the wall cleaning and sharpening his sword. when that was done he stabbed the sword in front of him and fell asleep. The light of the fire was not touching him. His shape could barely be made out in the shadows. It was as if the light was avoiding him. He actually seemed peaceful sleeping. except for the occasional toss and turn.

As Josie showed him the map and how to get out they followed it till they reached the deep part of the cave. Getting everything settled down they fire kept them warm and he placed the ISH sleeping bags out so they could get comfortable. Taking out some gronola bars he packed he gave one to Josie and the other guy that was accompanying them. He layed doen and then clsoed his eyes but reopened them to see Josie up. " Hey if you want i can give you my sleeping bag or yout can rest in the side car instead of being on the floor". Matthew sat up and rubbed her back.

"No, I'll be okay." Josie was far too tough to start playing the wimp. "I don't want to be too far away from the fire anyways." She scooted her sleeping bag and quilts closer to Matt's and settled down again. "Don't worry about me. Just get some rest, okay?" She gave him a reassuring smile, hoping he would be fine. She knew this was nothing... There were worse things to come in the morning. That's when she realized she shouldn't had eaten that granola bar.

Montgomery, having eaten his granola bar already, is just laying in his sleeping bag near the fire as well but on the other side. His gaze is directed above him for a good while as he looks at the cave's ceiling. As he relaxes, Montgomery listens to the different noises that are sounding from deeper within the cave, as well as to his friends who are beside him on the other side of the fire.

((Getting a small conversation started with Hunter. Everyone jump in when you can. I would like for them to get some information from him, cause it doesn't make sense to just allow a stranger into your group without getting to know his story. They need to quickly gain trust and learn about the Pit Territory he's going to guide them to before we move any further. ))

Josie was finally comfortable. The warm fire kept the chill out of her bones, and Matt handed out bottles of water that were still cool. It was very refreshing...

She noticed Hunter settling down in his chosen spot by the fire. Knowing her motto to never travel with a stranger, she decided to open the floor of discussion with the topic that was increasingly bugging her curiously.

"So, Hunter... Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself, like... why those Pit bandits were out for your head tonight?" She caught the look on his face and remembered what he said about his lack of memory. She corrected her question, "At least, what part of it you can remember... anything that can help us to avoid the same problem again while we travel."

He smiled and shook his head. He looked up wearily at her he picked up his sword and walked to her. Her was physically drained at the moment. He was in front of her now. He looked down at her and brought the sword down. Just a few inches from her face. "THat right there is why they were chasing after me. My sword. I don't know why they want it. At least not yet." He looked around. His sword actually looked very expensive. Like it took a ton of steel and hours of stress just to forge it Just Right.

He sat down a few inches away from the fire. Close to his sword. "You may pick it up. Study it. Do whatever you want. It will not break." He shrugged. "There is no way we can avoid trouble while I'm in possession of it. And I'm not about to part with it anytime soon." He actually trusted these people already. THey hadn't killed him yet so he hadn't found a reason not to trust them. He looked around. Right now more than anything. He wanted to sleep.

((Tag Kronas! Now, this is just me, but I would think Matt would be furious for some stranger to just stand there pointing a sword at my pregnant girlfriend's face... I would think he would do something about this, until he realized that the guy's not being a threat.

I'll move this thing further to get them to a Pit Territory, but I'm not going to move charries unless you guys tell me you need the assistance. IF you can't post in due to time, me understand. But, let me know. I'll move charries and update the summary to help out, but I really don't want this RP to go stagnant.))

((Me neither it is awesome :o, I can post. I just wait for the others to post. :/)

((GM INTERVENTION))

Before Josie could consider what his actions intended, Hunter stood before her, pointing his sword directly at her face.
Matt stood up, "What's the deal man?" He was about to push the blade away, but Hunter began to speak.

"That right there is why they were chasing after me. My sword. I don't know why they want it. At least not yet."

Josie swallowed hard, "There's not a whole lot you remember about yourself." She nodded to Matt to calm down, but he towered over her anyway, keeping close just in case Hunter did something stupid. But, he was just explaining things to her - not a threat at all.

Hunter sat down with the sword close, but still at arm's reach from Josie. "You may pick it up. Study it. Do whatever you want. It will not break." He shrugged. "There is no way we can avoid trouble while I'm in possession of it. And I'm not about to part with it anytime soon."

She stood up for the moment and lifted the sword. It was light, far lighter than her machete, but the steel was breathtaking and reflected the shimmer of the fire.

"Be careful, Josie," Matt called out, moving closer - still protective. Josie only giggled at the thought, how he'd become more cautious and overly concerned. Carefully, she held the sword sturdy in her hand before whipping it back and forth in the air. "It's just a simple sword, yet those Dogs are literally hunting you down to get it... Obviously it has some value to them, or they're just being jerks." She placed the sword back in its sheath and laid it beside Hunter who looked as if he would fall asleep sitting up.

Yawning, Josie nodded to Monty and Hunter, "Well, we better get some rest... Tomorrow is going to be hell."

Matt tucked her under his arm and lead her back to their side of the cave, helping her settle down beside him. Josie used him as a pillow, which helped her comfort, and soon they were all fast asleep.

((Alright... Here's the thing. I know life gets to us all. So, depending who is still around: I think it's just me and Hunts... I'll move charries so the group can reach the Pit Territory. Then, hopefully everyone will be able to participate a bit more... I'll try to finish the summaries for quick catch ups. This is so we don't lose the RP due to lack of connection and interest because we were away. I'll help anyone return to this thing... and keep it from moving into the RP graveyard...))

(I'm sorry about not posting here lately. I know how it is not wanting an RP to move to the RP graveyard. An RP that was inactive for a long time that I got active again for a little while after I joined here has gone 4 weeks without any replies to it after I did my latest post in it. So yeah I'll try to be more active in this RP.)

Montgomery lays at his spot on the other side of the cave three quarters of the way in a deep sleep and one quarters of the way alert not being able to help it really. He's holds the picture of his sisters not being able to keep the danger the sister of his that they are near to finding could be in out of his mind. The thought of her being separated from his other sister also troubles him and he wonders what dangerous interations his other sister may be facing. He tries to stay calm though, it being hard however him feeling a bit of guilt having not found out about the girls and immediately start to look for them whenever he could get the chance.

Hunter watched as Josie swung the sword. If only she knew how powerful that sword was. She studied it. But he did not think she studies swords that often. Otherwise she would have saw how then the part of the blade that was smooth is. Or for jagged the back was. This sword. It was as if fifty of the most well known blade crafters put there skill together to make this sword peak it's level of strength and sharpness. Hunter felt like he saw the air being cut when she swung. And it gave him shivers.

"It's just a simple sword, yet those Dogs are literally hunting you down to get it... Obviously it has some value to them, or they're just being jerks." She finally said. Yeah right. just a simple sword. He thought. He looked at the sword by his side. How he was still awake he did not know. He was thinking about earlier. How he saw all those figures as if they were outlined in the smoke. And then he felt himself remembering a voice tat he swore he had not heard earlier. Kill them.., They are prey... Your prey. Feed me... Feed me..... Kill them.... Let them..... die. He almost startled himself at this thought. It did not sound like him. It was ragged. Dark, horrifying, and rough. He thought for a moment and then closed his eyes. He laid his sword on his lap on focused. If he had opened his eyes. Everyone. would have saw nothing but black voids. He focused. and soon felt himself looking at these red outlines of figures around him through his closed eyelids. What was this? He felt it go away. He tried not to think about it and eventually got up and walked back to the shadows. And slept, in the morning he will have thought this a dream

Status
Not open for further replies.