It's a Dog Eat Dog World: Act 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew watched as Josie went into the kitchen with Marcie and then he was left to chat with the guys. There wasn't much to discuss but they managed to work up a simple guy conversation and convers on what was the best liquor, women, and other guy things. Matt head just wasn't in it, as they days pssed and were wasted the more times the twins and danny were in the hell hole and it bothered him so much. He was completly stressed out and now more than ever because he was going to be a dad. next thing you know ther was comotion about some guy and when they all went and checked it out it was some guy sprawled out.

After they got the guy situated Matt headed outaide and then looked up into the sky with a blank exprssion on his face, The sky was dark and the slight chill was kicking in. He walked until he found Josie and he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her tword him. " hey busy women no time for me anymore?". He smiled and then kissed her softly. " Hey mind taking a walk with me?". Matt hadent had any alone time with josie and he thought now would be the perfect time.

Josie noticed Matt leaving and automatically knew why. Whenever he began to behave in a quiet, reserved manner...he was thinking of Danny. With everything going on that day, it didn't occur to her what he felt about it all - having to stop for a rest rather than traveling on... She hoped it wasn't her fault, but... Josie just let it go. She didn't know what to do but to allow Matt his personal time. He needed it, she understood that fully.

After helping with the dishes, Redcorn and Terry showed Josie and Monty to their cabins, as well as showed them where the hidden trap door was that lead to the connected tunnels underneath. When he'd left, she stepped outside to search for Matt. She didn't want to go too far, since the night air was beginning to ache her bones, but she stated to worry about the worst...

Matt walked up from behind her, wrapping his warm, strong arms around her as he faced her.

"Hey busy woman, no time for me anymore?"

"What do you mean," she smiled. "I'll always have time for you." They kissed softly...seems like the first one since they'd left ISH. "Umm, I was truly needing one of those..."

Matt smiled, "Hey, mind taking a walk with me?"

"Nope, don't mind at all, as long as you keep me warm." Josie tucked herself under his arm, wrapping one of hers around his waist as they slowly walked. Pulling her loose hair from her face, she looked up to find Matt's eyes lacking its normal glow. He still had something on his mind, she'd bet... "Penny for your thoughts?"

Matthew smiled and when they kissed he sighed. He truly missed her kisses and her touch and he haden't had much of either. 'Im glad you always have time for me". As they slowly walked he wrapped his arms around her to keep her from being cold. " Its just..i dont know all the stuff going on its starting to get to me and im feeling hopelss and weak i- i dont know i hate thinking about danny but i cant stop and i know im suppose to man up but he is what im fighing for and i feel like im loosing the fight every day'. He stopped and then smiled slightly. " At least i know the other two things im fighting for is safe". He placed his hand on her stomach and rubbed it slowly. " God to think im gonna be a dad". He chuckled and then looked into Josie's eyes. " I love you". He paused and looked at her stomach before crouching down and giving her stomach a kiss. " Love you too".

((Wow, Matt's a whirlwind of emotion right now! You sure HE'S not the one pregnant? LOL!! A really good, painful twist would probably send him over the edge... He's liable to break someone.... LOL!!))

Josie sighed with a feeling of hopelessness and sadness. Matt was completely worked up over Danny...and fearing the worse before they could have the chance to reach for the best. But then, just like magic, his mood returned to happiness with the future that sits before them. When he kissed her belly, she almost fell into tears, but she held herself back and pulled Matt up by the collar of his shirt.

Deeply, she kissed him, overwhelmed by all of their emotions. "I so love you... we'll be okay... Everything will be okay." She didn't know what else to say, what words could encourage him right now? "Let's get some rest... We've got a long day tomorrow."

( LOl yeah i see that, imma stick to one emotion)

Matt nodded and then gave a half smile. he knew he was acting strange but he had too many emotions that needed to be realsed so he did it at once. When he talked it out he felt somewhat better than he did before but still..He closed his eyes when Josie pressed her lips against his and he nodded when Josie told him she loved him. He hugged her and agreed. Matthew was tired and needed some sleep. Taking her hand he headed back inside and opnend the door to their room.

Montgomery, being in his room already, is laying down and thinking about what they are going to do once they get to the pit area. He knows that being a beginner in this situation, his work at the bording school he went to being his only experience, he'll have to have a plan to go by so he won't get his new friends in trouble, them having a task of their own to complete on top of helping him complete his task's objective. He gets up off his bed after a few minutes and goes over to look over the gear that he brought with him and then the weapons he brought. He then looks to the picture of the twin girls again and picks it up off the blable he placed it on and takes it back over with him to his bed and lays back down on it while holding the picture and continues to look at
it.

Hunter had changed his outfit. He looked rather nice swell. Dark brown pants. Black combat boots. A white muscle t-shirt. And a black hooded robe. He looked like he was fit to fight. He smiled before he got to his room. He enjoyed being at piece. And he was going to enjoy it while it lasted. Because. It never did. He felt rested enough to walk around and meet people he nodded his hello to marcie and red corn but he wanted to explore the area a bit more. He had his sword with him. He always did.

Josie entered the room and began to search through her bag for something to sleep in. Once she'd washed up and changed, she returned to the simple bedroom and made the bed with the sheets Marcie loaned them to use. They were nice, but the pillows could use some help. They were far too soft for her taste and lumpy. Josie rolled her eyes at herself. Before the Yellows, she wouldn't had cared about the sleeping conditions she was in - as long as they were dry and safe. After the Yellows...it was as if she'd been spoiled those two months there... That's what she'd feared.

She settled in bed and pulled the sheet up, wishing for something thicker. The cool night was starting to attack her skin. She felt chilled, but she knew the temperature of the room was comfortable. That's didn't stop her from shaking. Or, perhaps she was feeling this way because of her condition... Ah, now I'm going to be all wigged out and stuff, not knowing which end is up! She mumbled, dissatisfied at the oddities occurring with her due to this. She kept them to herself... Matt was already stressed out as is. She didn't need to make thing worse.

Ace stood with the phone to his ear, frozen at the words Atticus spoke. "There's no way...," he muttered to himself as his feet began to move towards his office. Tapping the mouse, he automatically opened the ops program that connects him to all the main systems in the building. "But...that's impossible... There's no way they know where to look for it..." He pulled up the vehicle inventory and connected to the locator and security files for them... When he didn't find anything he liked, he checked the parking area and the special garage area where most of the ISH's vehicles were located. There, he could see clearly, two missing bikes - and one unregistered Harley Davidson. "How did they know..."

Ace's eyes darkened... "Jo's one hell of a snooper, I should say," he chuckled, in an amused/disgruntled manner. "Curiosity can get the better of her, but in this case, its gained her the King's Crown." He fell into his chair, upset...scared... "Atticus, that price on their heads is not going to go unnoticed...and she's expecting... I just found that out late last night... IF the Haven gets their hands on them..."

Another call beeped in on his cell phone. "I've got a call relaying in, one sec." Rather than placing Atticus on hold, Ace tapped his computer again to relay the call to his computer. "Talk to me!"

It was the front desk attendant, "Ace, I've just received a report that three students are missing from their training session."

"Yes, I know about Matt and Josie, but who else?"

"Montgomery, the young man inquiring about the twin girls..."

He slammed his mouse on the desk to end the call. "Um, have I ever mentioned to you that Josie like to share when she's disregarding the rules..." Ace, still holding his cell phone to his ear, was at a loss. "Do you have a plan on this, Atticus, or shall I come up with one?"

Hunter sat outside. He held his sword closely. This time he needed it more then ever. It was the only thing he had left. He was outside watching the vast plains that are not living. He was trying to remember everything. His scares shown dark in the light. He was very toned now. He felt strong. He felt as if holding his sword he could become very powerful. He didn't know why. He looked wistful. As if ahead of his youth. He suddenly realized something. His sword was becoming very warm. He picked it up and unsheathed it. He felt darkness resonate within him. His hair seemed to float in the air. Than it dropped. He studied the sword in full view. It looked like it could cut of a barrel of a gun. He sheathed it again. He felt his hair fall down. Wait. Was it always this dark purple? He stood up and walked back in. Little did he know that this would soon be the end of his peace.

Matthew changed his clothes into a tank top and his boxers climbing under the ocever with Josie. Laying his head on the pillow he looked up at the cealing and listened to the sounds that were from outside. He closed his eyes momentarially clearing his mind of all his thoughts and everything that stressed him. He flet Josie shudder against his body and he looked over to see that she was cold. Sitting up he walked over to his duffle bag and pulled out a long slowved shirt. He knew it would be way to big for Josie but it would keep her warm. " Here i know its cold". Getting back under the covers he pulled her close to his body hoping to keep her warm and eventually he closed his eyes.

Hunter went to sleep. He was ready for sleep this time but not for the dreams he would have in it. It was more of a nightmare. Everything was in red. He watched himself stagger in a red desert. He looked ragged and bloody. He was slowly weathering away like sand. And was carried off in a cloud. It changed again. He was fighting those men again. But this time he was using the ragged side of the blade. He was sawing at people. Not letting them die. He was slowly cutting them to pieces. And he was smiling about it. He was still killing them off when it changed again. He was a child this time. His father had lain the sword in his hands and then he was engulfed in shadows. His dark brown eyes and dark brown hair turned into a dark purple. His shadow was flailing about but then it turned back to normal. It skipped again. He was snow the age he is now and he was smiling at him self. His face cracked. The crack spread and it cracked across his eye. It broke off and half of his face appeared to be made out of lava. A jet black eye was staring at him along with long razor sharp black teeth. it was in a smile. Then it roared.

He woke up biting down on his lip till it bled. He was desperately trying not to scream. What was that? Is there something he doesn't know about himself? What was going on? What was that. Thing. In his dreams? Was it trying to tell him something? Or is he just traumatized. Either way he did not go back to sleep. It was only a few hours till day break anyway.

[DASH=cyan]"Atticus, that price on their heads is not going to go unnoticed...and she's expecting... I just found that out late last night... IF the Haven gets their hands on them..."

Atticus felt compassion at the worry he heard in Ace's voice. He didn't know much about their relationship but he knew that Ace felt endeared to the girl like an older brother to a sister. Despite Ace's amused amazement at her cleverness, which was no less real, Atticus knew that Ace was concerned for his friend's well being, and with good cause. Atticus was never 100% behind the idea of training the couple in order to send them back out into the fray. However, while he may not have been sure about the plan, he'd never been unsure of Ace or his judgment. If Ace said they would be ready, they would be ready. But pregnant…that changed things.

Or did it? What would he have done had he been in their shoes so many years ago stuck trying to make sense of the world they now found themselves in? Would he have let the death, the chaos, the fear keep him from the freedom of life or love? Of family? There were those, who since the fall, had argued that there should be laws against anyone bringing children into the chaos as it currently was. But who was one person to make that decision for another? And further, like the life giving sun, or knowledge like that contained in Atticus' books, who could ever think themselves powerful enough to overcome the power of life? Deep down he applauded their audacity.

Clearly, they were a resilient couple and apparently both stubborn and clever as well. Yes, he had to admit he admired their courage. Whether or not it would serve them well in this instance, however, was yet to be seen. He was never so naïve as to think that one person could ever really make another do something they didn't want to do. Neither he nor Ace could have kept them in the Tower if they didn't want to stay, even if they did believe it was for their own good.

"I'm sorry, Ace," he said genuinely and while still compassionate to Ace's fear he said matter of factly, "And you're right. Haven will not, cannot, let their secret be revealed. As long as your friends are alive, they are a threat. I don't like the things that I'm discovering about Haven, Ace. And it would only serve to mislead you if I told you that I believed them to be incapable of touching their lives once again. They are a powerful force with even more powerful 'friends' and I fear that we have yet to uncover the depths to which they will go to hold their position and secure their interests. Your friends are in great danger." A part of him felt bad for telling his friend the truth like this but he knew Ace knew him well enough to know that he was far from a cold and uncaring man. He would want the truth and he would want action. Atticus, of course, was a man of both.

"…Yes, I know about Matt and Josie, but who else?..."

Apparently, they weren't exactly on their own after all. Who was their accomplice? Unless he was their best ISH agent, for which he knew better than to hope, at this point it didn't matter.

"…Do you have a plan on this Atticus, or should I come up with one?"

There was a tinge of desperation in Ace's voice and…was that impatience? Despite himself, and the seriousness of the situation, the corner of one side of his mouth raised ever so slightly into a smile. Haven may be a force to be reckoned with but few people, perhaps only one he realized, knew just what Atticus and the ISH were capable of should it be required, and Atticus was not-so-slowly coming to see the need. It was time to act.

"Ace, be of good courage, my friend," he said as the energy of taking action began to create momentum within him. "They may not know that they need our help, or be willing to ask for it, but we're going to give it to them anyway. We can ask for their forgiveness later. They can't have gone far. SAM informed me of the tampering only a few minutes ago. They'll be agile with bikes and can cover ground quickly but they'll still be heading through rough and open terrain. We have a good idea of where they're headed so we're not shooting in the dark. If they're after the young man's brother they'll be headed in the direction of Freemont. And unless they put forth a serious effort to stay away from every form of civilization out there they'll pass through or be seen by at least one of the outposts along the way. If we don't have an actual agent in each of them we'll at least have a presence. I'll put out a communication informing those on the network of Matt and Josie's…uh, departure…and what we know of their intentions. I'll inform our agents to offer any assistance they may need but not to impede them. For whatever reason, it appears they don't currently want our direct involvement, but you know better than most that we've always been quite successful at staying effectually involved…indirectly. Don't worry, we'll find them and when the time is right, and if at that time they seem willing, we'll do our best to persuade them to greater caution, or at least to accept the help of friends.

Is there anyone you'd like to send from the Tower?"
[/DASH]

Hunter was slowly watching the sunrise now. He had heard all about the pregnant woman and the soon to be father. And he was thinking about it all night. He wanted to accompany them where ever they go. He was guessing that if he stayed in one place he would eventually get caught. He also figured there might be a pretty high bounty on his head. Whatever the case. He wanted to go. And those people were going. It was perfect. He had no place to go in general. So maybe he could help them out somehow. I mean. Swordsman skills are pretty useful in this economy right? Maybe they would let him tag along. And at that he took a short nap.

Josie slipped on the sweater and cuddled back under Matt, finally warm enough to fall comfortably asleep.

Hours upon hours had passed that night, but Redcorn did not rest - fully.

Redcorn, awake and alert, slept for a short while, but his instincts kept him alert. He heard Hunter move about several times at night, but felt no threat. He knew the sounds of a nervous fox - how they seem uncomfortable in his own skin at times...when he knew there were dogs looking for its red coat.

And he knew the sounds of excited dogs...when they've found that coat.

"Terry," he whispered to the boy sleeping on the comforter in Marcie's room. "Wake up our guest and take your post. We've got unwelcome guest." He nudged Marcie and told her to do the same.

Marcie grabbed her gear and opened the trap door in her room, taking the stairs below and closing it above her. She ran down the tunnel until she reached another trap door. When she climbed the stairs above her, she broke the glow stick in her hand to reveal her special little cave - high above the outpost compound. In the fake water tower she could see everything... A perfect location for a sniper.

Redcorn grabbed his longshooter and headed towards Hunter's room, giving the door a hard knock. "I know you're ready for this," acknowledge his foresight. "So are we. You can fight, or flee. The others will probably be in the tunnels heading to the mountains, if they decide to avoid this fight."

Just then the sound of shattering glass and burning flint was heard flying. Redcorn hardly flinched when the smoke bomb exploded and the front room filled with nerve gas. He swiftly grabbed the gas mask that hung off the weapons belt strapped around him. He slipped it on, and grabbed another - preparing to hand it to Hunter when he exited the room.

Terry rushed through the tunnels until he reached the first cabin. He knocked on the trap door and waited for Montgomery to open it.

"We have company. I suggest you grab your gear and prepare to fight, or run. For now, follow me to your friend's cabin."

With that he climbed back down the ladder and headed down the lighted tunnel to the next trap door. Giving it a light knock, he waited again for the door to open and relayed the same information. "Nothing has happened yet," Terry added. "But Redcorn's never been wrong. Someone's out there... Because of your unique situation, he told me to get you guys up and moving."

Josie moved but didn't wake up fully. She could hear mumbling, but her mind assumed it was just a dream and she slept on, not wanting to get up for she felt exhausted and nauseous... She dreamed of the Yellows, living there in a nice lake house with a great view and everything they could ever want without worry...or scavenging for it. She knew, however, that the only way she would ever see this dream come true was if they made it through the mess they were in. When the fight was over, peace will return.

Hunter ran to the door grabbing the gas mask. He felt the strong will in the sword and drew it. He closed his eyes. No point in having them open in a cloud. He whispered to himself. A few outside. Some sneaking inside. One not to far away. There! He took five steps and swung. Blood squirted out in the mist. It sprayed out like water. He went deeper in the smoke. those bastards are going to pay... He was truly ready. He jumped into the fray. Flashes were seen in the smoke. Guns. GOt damn guns. Hunter hated guns. He didn't even need his memories to tell him he hated guns. He hacked and slashed. He slid a gun towards where he saw red corn last. He was swinging. With an immense amount of control. But... It felt like one had gotten past him. Where were they going? The pregnant woman!

[DASH=#3366ff]"Don't worry, we'll find them and when the time is right, and if at that time they seem willing, we'll do our best to persuade them to greater caution, or at least to accept the help of friends.

Is there anyone you'd like to send from the Tower?"[/DASH]

Ace was reassured by his mentor's words, but the truth was clear - he knew Jo very well. She was a young tactician whose learned on her own how to survive the Trades - twice, and escaped from one of the largest Pit territories with no assistance from anyone but her own gut instinctive and wild will to survive. he knew what can happen when there's a mix of determination, adrenaline, and mass survival hysteria flowing in her veins... But, what was unpredictable was her conscious now - with the added high quantity of changing hormones due to a developing fetus.

If pregnant women were naturally insane, then what in the hell will she become?

"I have a few in mind," Ace tapped his chin with his finger...thinking of who would be the most efficient in this scenario; who he can afford to allow out for an adventure. "I will need Tank for an aerial search. He won't mind a chance for a bit of flying on a good day. And he'll have Gaines tag along, for navigation and ground tactics when we're grounded. His tracking skills will come in handy."

He considered a few other issues, "Medical assistance will come in handy as well. Newhart probably can clear herself from the lab for this quest. She knows Josie's recent medical profile and would know what she requires when we find her. And if they've found the children...well, that's another chapter. Hopefully, we find them first. Do you have anyone you recommend, Atticus?"

Hunter ran toward where he thought they slept in his mad rush he didn't notice that he passed a man. and he didn't notice that the man had a gun. But what he did notice is that there were fresh bullet holes magically appearing in his arm. And he did not like that one bit. He turned around quickly and with a single swipe he split the mans stomach open. He held his arm. HE was sure he would get something worse by the end of the day. He ran but tripped. He saw a room with a slight crack open. It was as if someone had just entered. ​Oh no...

Redcorn was rather impressed with Hunter's skills. Before he could take out two of them with his tomahawk, Hunter already finished five and was targeting more. There was something...unreal about his moves, like he'd turned into the blood beast that were hunting him. Prey with the blood lust of its Hunters makes for an equal battle. But the end favors the Prey, for he has something to lose which he's so desperate to keep.

Marcie was able to pop a few from above, but not enough to stop the few sneaking into the main office.

"Damnit!" she growled at herself, still squeezing off more rounds to hold back the second group moving around the building.

"Wait, they're only here for Hunter, right?"

She shook her head, forgetting the wanted poster... Redcorn had mentioned that Matt and Josie was wanted by the Haven, and even shown her the poster so she could register their faces. Based on the information she'd gain from the group last night, and from Josie later on when they had a chance to chat, they didn't seem scared about the Haven, nor did they mention it. If the outpost was being watched after Hunter entered, then their attackers would know that there were others here worthy of catching.

Marcie grabbed her hand-held and contacted Terry, "Are you still in the tunnels with our guest?"

Terry responded, "Yea! What's going on up there?"

"It looks like Dogs, the ones that are after Hunter, but they're rounding the main building," she stopped to flip a switch. Suddenly, the old right side of the grounds exploded, taking several bandits up with it. Those mines cleared out a good handful of the assailants, but a few where still on the move. "They're moving closer to the first cabin. I'll try to get a clearer shot of them, but just start them heading up the tunnel."

((Let's give others a chance to post in! Don't want to leave anyone out of this action. LOL!))

((LOL okay lemme post one last time :3)) He bust open the door but with a relief the others were gone. But the man who was in there was just as stupefied as hunter was. He turned around. This one had a shotgun. Aw hell..... He fell and slid back as a spray nearly missed him. Hunter Rolled to his right just as another spray missed him. He stood up and ran jumping off the wall at the man and moves in midair as another spray hits his left shoulder directly, He avoided the damage that would have hit major organs. he stabbed the man in the chest. and he sawed the insides till he saw the gun drop. He then pulled out and sheathed his weapon. More were coming. It was better for him to save his strength. (and i have to face my worst enemy yet. My limit on patience...)

((Alright, this is a Recap Post - Summary post of the few minutes that have passed, for those who were not here.
Read the RP, of course, but this is to help you grasp onto the action, to clear up confusion, so you can work a post to get your charrie in the place they are now.))

Once everyone had gone to bed, the Pit members that were waiting around the outpost watching, slowly moved in.

Redcorn and Hunter both were awake, listening until they knew it was time to move.

Redcorn had Terry head through the tunnels to wake up Monty, Matt and Josie, and get them to start up the tunnels to the mountains with their bikes and gear.
Marcie was up in the water tower point playing her favorite game of bomb and sniper - taking pop-shots at the oncoming bandits and activating the hidden mines that were around the complex to keep them away from the guest cabins. The others underground would hear and feel the shocks of these explosions, knowing right then that the bandits were moving in on them.

Redcorn and Hunter stayed inside the main outpost building fighting to defend it, but when Hunter realized what the bandits were doing, he followed them to stop them from finding the other group.

Meanwhile, Atticus and Ace learned that Matt, Josie and Monty had left the ISH tower with a handful of high tech weapons and equipment. They set plans for a search and rescue, hoping to find them before the Haven got their hands on them.

((Okay, that's where we're sitting at right now. We're going to hold off posting until everyone else gets a post in... Fill in the actions of your characters and get them to this point... If you're still confused, let me know in the OCC or with a PM, and I'll help you out.))

Status
Not open for further replies.