it ain't easy bein' king. [m/f & f/f. literate and long-term.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

medusa

Original poster
what if i just made all of my thread titles tv quotes?

anyway, hello there! my name's ari, and as promised in my introduction post a few days ago, i'm making this thread in the hopes of finding some awesome roleplay partners. i know most people like to get these things rolling by telling a little bit about themselves, so allow me to do that now because personally, i'm a huge fan of getting to know my writing partners.

tumblr_inline_nv71ukHjtc1szaa83_500.gif

i'm a twenty-something that lives on the east coast and the proud owner of three very lovable pups. i'm a little bit of a hermit and spend most of my time writing, watching tv, collecting records, and swooning over dudes twice my age.

i've been roleplaying for quite some time and even throughout all of the hiatuses i've had to take, i can never seem to completely kick the habit. i'm just a girl that loves homicidal men and silky hair, and i'd definitely say i'm a fan of the grittier aspects of roleplaying.

honestly, i'm just looking for a few creative and easygoing people to write some interesting and hopefully long-term threads with. i'm game for almost anything, but themes such as crime, angst, romance, and action will always hold my heart. if you want to get a feel for my writing style before committing to anything, feel free to ask me for a writing sample and i'll see what i can cook up.

and now that we've gotten the introductions out of the way, let's move on to the rules!

rules

1. activity. let me get this out of the way now: i'm a bit of a slowpoke when it comes to replies. i don't have much of a life, but the one i do have can get pretty demanding at times, so sadly those responsibilities will always come before writing. other days, i may just not feel up to writing a single word. either way, i always try to keep my partners in the loop, regardless of what's going on, and that's all i really ask of you. i don't have a time limit in which i expect people to respond, and i completely understand that life happens and roleplay can't always be a first priority. you're encouraged to take your time when roleplaying with me, so long as you don't straight up ghost me.

2. manners. i feel like this is pretty much common sense, but i'm gonna say it anyway. don't be an asshole, alright? this includes things like randomly dropping threads without warning, treating me like a writing machine, and hounding me for replies. no one likes to be dropped out of the blue, so let me know if you can't continue the thread anymore or just flat out don't want to. we can always change or rearrange whatever's needed to make the plot more interesting for you, but if that's not an option i completely understand! as far as the whole "writing machine" things goes, i'm not asking you to be my best friend, but a simple "how are you" or some idle chit chat goes a long way. and hounding me for replies is the quickest way to kill my muse and make sure i get to you last. if it's been a couple of weeks, you're more than welcome to politely message me and ask me what's up. most likely either real life got in the way or i simply just forgot.

3. length. please don't ever think you're required to match my length! my posts usually vary, but i'm most definitely a multi para writer that sometimes tends to lean towards the wordy side of the scale. however, there are days when i just want something short, sweet, and to the point. while i do love having partners that also churn out long posts, it's never a deal breaker and always boils down to quality over quantity at the end of the day. as long as you're not giving me constant one liners and it's something i can work with, we're cool!

4. genders. this is probably the part where i'll lose some people, but i've been in the roleplaying game too long to care. while i do both m/f and f/f pairings and have no preference when it comes to which one i love more, if we're doing an m/f ship i'd prefer to play the chick. sorry, ladies!

5. literacy. i'd like to consider myself a fairly literate writer, so i'd prefer partners of the same caliber. i totally understand that typos happen; no one's perfect and i promise i've made my fair share of them. all i ask is that you have a basic grasp of the english language and you'll have nothing to worry about.

6. method. as of late, i've been sticking to roleplays over pms or e-mail. i also roleplay on tumblr a lot, so if you're into that let me know and i'd be down to carry out our plot over there. i'm not opposed to possibly having a private thread on here, but we'll see! i do have aim, though i'm a little picky when it comes to handing it out, seeing as how it's a bit of a safe space for me. once i get to know you more and i'm comfortable with you, i'd be happy to give it out so that we can chat and/or plot over im!

7. god modding. i'll keep this one short because we should all know better by now - just don't do it. little things to move the plot and/or thread along are okay with me. need my character to sit down? go for it. my character's supposed to take something from your character's hand? sure thing! you want them to take a blow from your character without discussing things first? slow your roll, killer. you control your character and i'll control mine.

8. triggers. i don't have many triggers, but of course i'll be respectful of yours! the only things i ask you to be mindful of when writing with me are any content involving self-harm or pedophilia. it's not that i can never read anything involving these subjects, i just prefer to avoid anything that goes into super heavy or graphic detail. if you have any triggers that i should be mindful of, please let me know so that i can take them into consideration when writing with you!

9. smut vs story. ah, one of the oldest arguments in the book. in my book, story will always trump smut, ladies and gents. i love x-rated threads just as much as the next person, but if sex is the only thing i'm writing, you'll quickly lose my interest. i'm a big fan of character development, world building, and exploring plot driven story lines, so let's just make sure to have plenty of that mixed in with all of the bangin', okay?

10. ages. since i'm an adult, i'd prefer to roleplay with no one younger than sixteen. please don't take it personally, but since a lot of my writing contains mature themes, i'm just not comfortable writing with anyone under the age of consent in my state. obviously we won't be smutting if you're under eighteen, but that doesn't mean i won't write with you.

11. faceclaims. i always use faceclaims for my characters. since most of my roleplaying is done on tumblr these days, most fcs i use are actresses with the occasional model or singer thrown in, but it basically boils down to who has gifs and/or static icons. i don't know if anyone on here uses icons or gifs when roleplaying so i won't worry about that now, but i do prefer to write against characters that also have faceclaims - but if you're not into it, it's certainly not a deal breaker! almost any will do, but i will say i'm not really a fan of anime/2d faces. if you're curious about some of my favorite fcs (male or female), feel free to ask!

12. multiple characters/threads. this isn't really a rule or anything, but i'm totally cool with playing multiple characters in a roleplay. whether it's just side characters to move the story along or more than one main, i love it! i'm also down for more than one thread with the same person, especially if we click. if you're ever wanting another plot with me or have the itch to add characters to a thread we're already working on, don't be shy!

13. nsfw. i'm good with any kind of nsfw content, whether it be sex, drugs, violence, or swearing. most of my writing contains a couple, if not all of these themes at one point or another. i obviously enjoy smut and feel no need to fade to black personally, but if you're uncomfortable with it and would rather skip ahead or something, by all means tell me! however, if you're under eighteen we'll be fading to black regardless. i don't smut with minors - period.

phew, glad we got that out of the way! if you're still here, bless you. now we can get into the fun stuff: ideas and fandoms!

tumblr_nb9xa4rPLO1somvqno4_250.gif

fandoms

sons of anarchy

jax teller/tara knowels
jax teller/original character
jax teller/character from another series

opie winston/original character
opie winston/character from another series

tig trager/original character
tig trager/character from another series

chibs telford/original character
chibs telford/character from another series

juice ortiz/original character
juice ortiz/character from another series

tara knowels/original character
tara knowels/character from another series

young!gemma teller/young!clay morrow

the walking dead

rick grimes/beth greene
rick grimes/andrea harrison
rick grimes/jessie anderson
rick grimes/original character
rick grimes/character from another series

daryl dixon/beth greene
daryl dixon/original character
daryl dixon/character from another series

glenn rhee/maggie greene
glenn rhee/original character
glenn rhee/character from another series

shane walsh/original character
shane walsh/character from another series

maggie greene/sasha williams
maggie greene/tara chambler
maggie greene/rosita espinosa
maggie greene/original character
maggie greene/character from another series

tara chambler/rosita espinsoa
tara chambler/original character
tara chambler/character from another series

beth greene/original character
beth greene/character from another series

from dusk till dawn (netflix series)

seth gecko/kate fuller
seth gecko/original character
seth gecko/character from another series

richie gecko/kate fuller
richie gecko/santanico pandemonium
richie gecko/original character
richie gecko/character from another series

kate fuller/santanico pandemonium
kate fuller/original character
kate fuller/character from another series

santanico pandemonium/original character
santanico pandemonium/character from another series

teen wolf

lydia martin/allison argent
lydia martin/derek hale
lydia martin/scott mccall
lydia martin/jordan parrish
lydia martin/original character
lydia martin/character from another series

allison argent/derek hale
allison argent/scott mccall
allison argent/isaac lahey
allison argent/original character
allison argent/character from another series

marvel's daredevil (netflix series)

frank castle/karen page
frank castle/original character
frank castle/character from another series

karen page/original character
karen page/character from another series

that's it for fandoms, now let's check out some original ideas/pairings before i wrap this up.

misc ideas

- student/teacher
- band member/fan
- band member/band member
- any kind of exes plot
- criminal/cop
- detective/journalist
- crime lord/journalist
- prison psychologist/prisoner
- criminals on the run
- literally anything involving a pure little ray of sunshine getting mixed up with a corrupt and awful soul
- prostitute/client
- prostitute/cop
- give me anything involving an age gap
- rival cheerleaders
- drug dealers
- drug dealer/junkie
- junkie/sponsor
- two na or aa members trying to get clean
- best friend/best friend's sibling, father, uncle, ex, anything
- this probably ties into criminals on the run but a modern day bonnie and clyde
- a plot involving an outlaw or some sort of criminal getting involved with the daughter/girlfriend/wife of an opposing crew or some sort of cop
- sibling/sibling's ex, best friend, whatever
- celebrity/bodyguard

and lastly, here's a flew plots i've collected from tumblr that i'd love to do.

( x ) ( x ) ( x ) ( x ) ( x ) ( x ) ( x ) ( x ) ( x ) ( x ) ( x ) ( x ) ( x ) ( x ) ( x ) ( x ) ( x ) ( x ) ( x )

well, i think that's about it! i may update this thread with more fandoms and plot ideas eventually - maybe even a section for characters of mine that i've been dying to play, but this will have to do for now.

tumblr_inline_o6rjitNBjx1tgfl4u_500.gif

if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me! if you didn't see a particular fandom or pairing here that you've been searching for, just ask! the worst i could do is tell you no thanks.

same goes for any plot ideas you may have. if you didn't see anything that tickled your fancy but still want to write with me, send me your ideas and we'll see what we can work out! i'm up for almost anything and always love hearing my partner's ideas, so there's no need to be shy.

hopefully i hear from some of you soon! i know that was quite a bit to read, but thanks for sticking through it. i can't wait to write with you dudes, and don't forget to check out my preferences for anything i might have missed!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: lxngdon and junebug
So ... *drum roll and dramatic entrance* We have an absolutely scary amount in common. I have been craving a band member fxf roleplay. If you would like to explore, feel free!

So ... *drum roll and dramatic entrance* We have an absolutely scary amount in common. I have been craving a band member fxf roleplay. If you would like to explore, feel free!

ah, that's perfect! i love band member roleplays so much tbh! i'll shoot you a pm so we can discuss. :)

I've got some original plots if you'd like to take a look.

If you're still looking, I'm down to roleplay with you sometime!

Status
Not open for further replies.