Into The Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scarlet manages to fall asleep in his warm arms.
When she wakes, she sees the sun just beginning its rise into the sky. The she wolf gets carefully to her paws, as not to hurt or wake David. She pads out of the den and into the morning air.
She realizes that David hadn't eaten since before they'd met. She decides to hunt a small mammal for him.
She pokes her head into the den and whispers to her beloved.
"I'll be back soon, I love you, " she whispers, using her powers to make her voice human as she says it.
Scarlet runs into the forest, crouching once she is far enough into the forest. She takes a big whiff of the air, trying to find a small enough prey. She knew that humans ate less than she did, so she thought a rabbit would be enough.
After a few minutes of stalking through the forest, she catches a glimpse of a brown furry creature out of the corner of her eye. Her body snaps around and she surges forward towards the creature, it sees her and tries to flee. The puny animal had no chance of outrunning her, and she catches it easily.
She kills it with a single blow of her powerful paw.
Scarlet howls the prayer of thanks to the creature and picks it up gently, as not to break through its thin skin.
She returns to the clearing where the den was and drops the rabbit onto the grass in the center of the clearing.
Scarlet transforms into her human form and spends the next hour making a fire and cleaning the rabbit as she'd seen many humans do. She cooks the meat over the fire and makes sure the meat is cooked all the way.
All through this, she's humming a wolf lullaby in a human voice. The tune was gentle and slow, it was very beautiful and soothing, even in a human hum.

Reactions: REincarnate
David jolted awake and looked around.
He started panicking when he couldn't see Scarlet.
Jumping up on his feet, he rushed out, as he tried to get through the entrance he hit his head and fell down.
David groaned and grabbed ahold of his head "fuck.."

Scarlet hears David's voice as he says a strang,unfamiliar human word. She didn't know what he said, but she could hear the pain in his voice and when she hears it she turns quickly from the cooking rabbit.

David sighed and sat up, holding his head firmly.
He tried to get up, but the hit made him feel dizzy "Fuck sake. Every single time."
David eventually stood up, and stumbled outside.

She could feel his pain and she gets to her feet and walks to him. She touches his forehead and murmurs too quietly for him to hear and the pain vanishes.

David looked a little confused "how did you just.."
He looked down "I'm sorry.. I thought I lost you.."

Scarlet immediately stops touching him as she sees his bewilderment and folds her arms as if cold. She walks and sits by the fire, her arms wrapped around her legs. She cries, but not a single shake of her body or sound escapes her. She had trained herself to cry hidden like this... the only clue of her sobs were the stream of black tears falling down her face.
Scarlet knew she must've frightened him... she could not bring herself to look at him. She didn't want to see the frightened, disgusted, distrustful eyes she'd seen on Fang... yes... his name had been Fang.
He'd been shot by a human with a boomstick and was dying... she'd not thought twice before healing him. She'd used even more powerful magic to save Fang... he'd thought she was what every wolf thought then... a demon.
He didn't talk to her as he usually did after that... he'd always keep his eyes on her, they were so distrustful and... and.. fearful.
One day he snapped.... he'd attacked her ... she'd not thought twice about it... she clawed out his throat.
That morning she'd wept over his body... she'd buried him and sang the traditional songs to send his spirit to the sky to hunt successfully forever. Then she became a loner.
Scarlet had been alone for about three years ,by human tongue, before she'd met David.
Now she'd made the exact same mistake.

David sighed, sat behind her and wrapped his arms around her.
He kissed the bed of her head, down to her back "don't be sad.."
His arms squeezed around her tightly "I just.. I thought you had left me here.. I didn't want to lose you.."
David closed his eyes "I love you, so so much.."

Scarlet smiles widely at his touch and hugs him tightly.She chuckles and pokes the tip of his nose,just because she is allowed to.
"You haven't eaten since we met,so I caught you a rabbit,"she says,pointing to the rabbit meat cooking over the fire.
Scarlet didn't know if he ate rabbit...but she just wanted him to know she cared.
"I cooked it...for some reason humans prefer perfectly good meat to be cooked and dry.Why that is I shall never know," she says with a chuckle.

David chuckled "Because that's what people do.."
He shrugged "They aren't understanding about what we are, that's why I live in human form.. it just makes things easier during certain seasons.."
A smile appeared on his lips "thanks for cooking for me, baby."

Scarlet chuckles and kisses him on the lips.
"You're welcome, I wasn't going to let you go hungry," she says with a chuckle.
Scarlet suddenly remembers that strange human word he had said before hen he had hit his head.She was a very curious creature and wanted to know what that word had meant.
"You said a word earlier,when you hit your head.Forgive me if I'm being rude b asking,but what was that word?What does it mean,"she asks him,her eyes curious.

David looked at her "you mean.. fuck? Uhm well.. it's like uhm.. a form of vulgar slang."
He looked down and blushed a little "it either is based on an act of sexual intercourse, or just a word said when something goes wrong, or you get hurt.."
He chuckled "it's basically swearing.."

This makes sense to Scarlet, if this word was a swear word, it made perfect sense that David had said it in reaction to being in pain.
"Oh well that makes sense, I don't know much of the human lifestyle or language. Obviously I can make conversation and know much of the human language... but only enough to appear human," She says, giving an amused smile.
She runs her fingers absentmindedly through his soft hair.

David chuckled "but human language is so interesting.. So.. Vulgar at times."
He looked at her and squeezed her lightly "you wanna tickle my pickle?"
A smirk appeared on his face, before bursting out in laughter "just kidding, don't answer that."

"Don't worry... I don't know what that means and don't think I want to know, " she says with a laugh.
Scarlet kisses him and sits beside him, Her head rested on his strong shoulder.

David smirked and rested his head on hers "I love you.."
He looked at the fire and the meat, inhaled the scent and nodded "mmm, smells good."

She chuckles and playfully rolls her eyes.
"Yeah, it does if you're a human. Personally I'll take my meat nice and bloody over that dry stuff any day. I've never had cooked meat, and I don't plan on it, " she says with a chuckle.
Her tone and face were light, she ment no offense.
She looks at her human clothes, it was a dress...at least she thought that's what humans called it. She feels the silky fabric with her hand and wonders how they make it such a pretty color.

David watched her "I was just saying, it smells good considering you don't live as a human."
He looked at her dress and got a little confuse "what's wrong? Don't like your clothes?"

She hears his question and is snapped into reality from her inner pondering.
"Oh, no it's just that I was wondering how the humans make these colorful clothes, " she admits, feeling slightly idiotic."I am curious about lots of things... I've always had a problem with being overly curious about basically everything," she says with a chuckle.

David smiled "You know you can find all of that out, right?"
He looked around for a minute "we could go to the nearest town for a couple of hours in the morning, I have some money, I'm sure I can get us into some places that will show you how to do certain things."

Status
Not open for further replies.