Into The Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Scar...Scarlet... my name is Scarlet, " I stutter out, the feeling of his skin on mine gave me butterflies. David... what a lovely name. I smile shyly and a my cheeks become a light pink shade as I blush.

Reactions: REincarnate
David smiled "that's a beautiful name."
He moved his hand and blushed "I'm sorry... I probably seem like a creep.."
He slowly chuckled "I'm nice, really.."

Scarlet chuckles and gives him a smile to let him know she didn't mind his touch.
"You're the first company I've had in a decade. I'm not used to creatures not running away from me in terror, " she says with a sad sigh. " I can tell you're kind... I just hope you can see that im not what the creatures of the forest think I am. I'm not an evil, blood craving demon. I'm just a wolf that has a past she's not proud of and was born with a cursed pelt. I never wanted to be a monster.. or have these horrible powers. But life has a cruel sense of humor, " she whispers, her voice pained.

David took her hand "shh.. you don't have to explain."
He pulled her into a hug "I know you're not evil, I could see it in your eyes."
He smelled her scent "I'm not going to hurt you, I'll stay right by your side.. that is.. if you.. want.."
He could feel his cheeks heat up, he was starting to blush.
They had only met, but it felt right to be around her.

Scarlet gasps as he hugs her...she hasn't been hugged for years. She hugs him back,her head on his shoulder. At his words she sighs... they were words she'd heard before. She looks into his eyes, her own hesitant and nervous.
"I am sorry... but it's not safe for you to be near me. I am so sorry and... and ill never forget you... David, " she tries out his name on her tongue and it seems so right on her tongue. She looks at him, memorizing his face. If only I could give him something to remember this moment by, she thinks to herself. Suddenly she gets an idea.
Scarlet stops hugging him, and walk over to a tree. She starts to sing softly in an unknown language. The tree begins to glow and a strip of its wood flows out of it. The wood becomes silver, and shapes itself into two wolves. The wolves connect and mold into a ring.
The ring floats into her open hand. She stops singing and the glow fades.
She returns to David and take his hand in her unoccupied hand. She places the ring in his palm and closes his fingers around it.
"Take this... to remember me. I will never forget this meeting David. Maybe one day it'll be possible for me to be around others without risking their lives, and if that day comes I'll seek you out, " she says, black tears forming in her eyes.
She lifts his closed fist to her lips and kisses it, before turning away. She transforms into her wolf form,and takes one more long look at him over her shoulder. She drinks in his scent. With a howl she melts into the forest, praying that one day she'll be able to be around others.

David sighed, as she disappeared he broke down.
He got on his knees and looked at the ground ''I'd risk my life for you, either way..'' he whispered softly.
Laying down, and closing his eyes, he could see her face.
There was no way he'd forget, even though she probably would.

Scarlet pads through the forest, unable to hold back her black tears. David would probably forget about her, despite the ring she'd given him. She sighs and stares up through the trees at the sky... "If only I could be around others... around David. " she whispers to herself.
Scarlet pads onward and stops when she reaches the tree she had made a den under earlier. She drinks in David's scent, remembering his gentle touch.
Scarlet raises her head and howls longingly to the sky. She sighs and lays in the den. That night she dreams of David... of being able to be close to him, to feel his touch once more.

David put on the ring and slowly started walking.
In his mind, he figured she'd be miles away by now.
He slowly walked through the trees, he could smell her scent, he could feel her.
David walked to the tree he laid next to before.
Getting in and watching her, he slowly laid with her, and put his arms around her, before falling asleep.

As the moon grows higher her heart becomes filled with blind cold darkness. The curse she is burdened with gives her powers and her horrible appearance, but it's most awful effect was that every night her heart becomes filled with darkness... she becomes evil and kills all in her path. This was why she stays away from other creatures... she hated her curse... she didn't want to be a monster.
Scarlet opens her eyes... though to call her Scarlet when she is under the power of the curse would be wrong. The wolf was no longer herself at night. Her vibrant yellow eyes glow bright with blood lust and hatred.
She smells a male human in her den under the tree and tenses, preparing to rip out his stomach. She turns and sees his face, instantly she freezes. She had killed her past companion... though they had not been mates.

She snarls and yelps as if feeling physical pain at the struggle she was feeling now. She'd never hesitated before even when it had been her past companion, but this human male... she couldn't describe it. She growls and crouches her head bent as she snarls and growls.
What was really happening was Scarlet's true heart was warring with her curse.Seeing David had brought true panic and rebellion against the thought of killing him. She couldn't... wouldn't... allow herself to kill David.
As she wrestles with herself she manages to back away a bit from him.

David opened his eyes and looked at her, his arm still over her ''It's okay.. I want to be here, no matter the risk.''

At the sound of his voice she whelps. For a moment her eyes are pleading. The she wolf snarls and yelps as her inward war continues in ernest.
"Run... David," she snarls out, before clawing the arm he held over her. She was losing her control.

He gasped and looked at his arm ''Fine, you wanna hurt me? Go ahead. It won't make me go away, I'm still gonna try to be around you.''
David got onto his knees ''I'm still going to follow your scent, and the feeling it gives me.''
He looked into her eyes ''I'm not afraid.''

She sees that she's hurt him and snarls at herself. She claws herself and bites her legs, drawing black blood. She hated herself she hated her weakness to her curse... now she despised herself for harming David. She couldn't allow it to happen again.Scarlet slams her head into the walls of the den until she blacks out and falls to the ground.

David got up fast, and kneeled beside her.
He grabbed ahold of her and pulled her close to him ''stop.. You shouldn't hurt yourself..''
He looked at his arm ''It's just a little scratch, I still want to be with you..''

Scarlet does not wake,she sleeps on her chest rising up and down evenly. In her sleep she is spoken to by him... he had been watching over her since she'd left. He tells her he sees she's found love... and that he'll try to help her with the curse. She asks him how he planned to help her, he says he will remove the curse if she could find the strength within herself to be with him for a week and him still live. She thanks him and cries happily in her dream. Once they finish speaking he vanishes and she sleeps the rest of the night without any dreams.

David slowly laid down, still holding her.
They sleep together, and as the sun rises, David sleeps on.

Scarlet wakes, herself once more. She sees his wound and licks the dry blood off of his arm. She pads out of the den and transforms into a human. She sits outside the den and sobs, her head held in her hands. What if I hurt him again,she thinks, I couldn't live with myself if I did. She had healed completely over night and was healthy. Scarlet looks into the den at him, desperate to be able to be with him. At least she had a chance to be with him. She just needed to control herself for one week.

David slowly started waking, he looked around and sighed as she was gone.
He slowly got out of the den and smiled when seeing her.
He sat behind her, spreading his legs and pulling her against him.
slowly, he lend his head onto her bag and wrapped his arms around her "I was so scared that you had left me., Please don't go away.."

Scarlet hugs him and cries into his chest.
"So I guess you know now... I'm a monster...I am so sorry... you don't know how much I hate myself... especially after hurting you David, " she says. " What if I hurt you again...I couldn't bear to hurt you again, David. "
She looks into his eyes, her own filled with desperation and defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.