Internet Avengers: Age Of Anita (2015)

*Implying the Guild ever was my echo chamber*
*Implying I ever need or wanted an echo chamber*
The big Guild thread about Gamergate was full on echo chamber mode, which I believe is what Hellis was talking about.

Gamergate was about exposing corruption and bullshit in gaming journalism. People brought feminism and other issues into it as a distraction against the main issues.

The big Guild thread about Gamergate was full on echo chamber mode, which I believe is what Hellis was talking about.
After a while, I'll admit it.

But one thread isn't the Guild as a whole.
And just because I happened to agree with the opinion that was getting echo'd doesn't mean I expect everyone/everywhere to be echoing my opinion.
It just means in that case I happened to share the same opinions as most others who were posting there.

Gamergate was about exposing corruption and bullshit in gaming journalism. People brought feminism and other issues into it as a distraction against the main issues.
Eh... Kinda.

It did start that way, the movements kind of 'evolved' (air quoting that, cause evolve implies it's a good change, which I'm not sure this change is) to tackle feminism attacks on gamers as a whole.
It's true that GG does fight for journalistic integrity, but it's also very apparent that it has also invested a lot of time and efforts into combating feminist criticism.

Note I say this as a GG supporter. I'm all for journalistic integrity, and I hate all the underhanded tactics that feminists are using to incriminate gamers. But I'm not going to lie about GG or what it's doing either.

Last edited:
latest

Nah, I don't really intend to be circle jerking the same points over and over.
I'll make a point the first time, but if it ends up I'm just repeating the same thing a second time I'm gonna leave it be.

Not all of GG was about combating the feminist agenda.

It started and was all for integrity of gaming journalists with regards to buyouts and bonuses based on scores as well as advertising and media coverage. Just because some of them took it as a chance to go after someone else doesn't really mean it as a whole did.

Vocal minority and all the problems that entails.

Not all of GG was about combating the feminist agenda.

It started and was all for integrity of gaming journalists with regards to buyouts and bonuses based on scores as well as advertising and media coverage. Just because some of them took it as a chance to go after someone else doesn't really mean it as a whole did.

Vocal minority and all the problems that entails.
I'm not arguing it's roots. I agree with you there completely.

Though it's a bit more than a minority.
Thunderf00t, Sargon, Internet Aristocrat, MundaneMatt, Based Mom etc.
I won't claim it's all of GG, especially since GG honestly isn't a led movement (It has charismatic and influential people, but no set leader).

But it's more than a Minority (and I'll fully admit I'm part of said "minority". I care about honest journalism, but I also care about gaming being a respected art form. And not being painted as a bunch of sexist assholes just years after we shook off being painted as a bunch of violent assholes from people such as Jack Thompson).
Or there would be more "This critic took a bribe/didn't properly review this game" stuff and less "Anita just said something else to demonize Gamers".

Nah, I don't really intend to be circle jerking the same points over and over.
I'll make a point the first time, but if it ends up I'm just repeating the same thing a second time I'm gonna leave it be.
Then stop replying to every little comment and drop it like the mature person you pretend to be.

Then stop replying to every little comment and drop it like the mature person you pretend to be.
You missed the second part of what you quoted completely. :P

You said you were gonna drop this ten posts ago, I don't quote something that is obviously a lie.

You said you were gonna drop this ten posts ago, I don't quote something that is obviously a lie.
That's when people were coming in with hostilities/looking to start a fight.
Not people who were coming in rather calm/maturely, willing to simply talk about the topic.

Gwazi, why does it seem that every-goddamn-where you go you end up in moronic, repetitive internet debates that evolve into debates-about-debates and so on and so forth? Do you ever learn? I'm not even criticising your opinions here, even though in my view you're wrong about pretty much everything ever, just how you manage to make every single social interaction you have about those opinions of yours.

Reactions: Pachamac
Always, since time began for the human race, there have been detractors and supporters of change both good and bad, and most often do the majority of said people wave a flag instead of stand for an ideal.

If you really want to engage in a productive and thoughtful discussion about the human condition, corruption in the games industry, feminism, or otherwise, you're not gonna start it by posting a shitty mockery video.

As for Gamergate, it's going to change nothing at this point. Maybe when it first started if it had remained coherent and focused on a single achievable objective, we'd have had something meaningful. Instead it split off into a menagerie of untouchable crap with dozens of subfactions within, each with their own angle, and yes, some of which sending hate mail, death threats, and rape threats. It's a truck being driven so erratically that InternetAristocrat, who originally sided fully with it, has since left YouTube and deleted his account out of shame of what it has become.

All that's happening now is Anita Sarkeesian, being a clever conwoman, is using the decrepit remains of the idea to victimize herself further than she already has and gain media sympathy. You know what happened? It worked. Stephen Colbert hosted her, even.

There is no winning here. Let it go and move on. If you really care about the subject, get educated about it from less obviously biased sources, and get involved in some way. Otherwise, the rest of us really couldn't care to laugh at yet another hate mongering video on the Internet about Anita Sarkeesian. Yes, she's a conwoman. Yes, she's a shitty human being who profiteers off of often fake rape and death threats against her own person, and who advocates for changes to the industry which I would personally think would be poisonous.

Is anybody of any merit listening to her in the industry?

Not particularly.

Even if they were, capitalism reigns supreme here unless she pulls a Jack Thompson and starts making court cases about it, which she won't. Because she knows her position is as flimsy as it gets and wouldn't hold up in a court of law, so she sticks purely to "philosophical" debate.

Frankly I'd welcome more women in a greater variety of roles in my video games. Anytime there's an option to play a female space marine I go for it, it's just something different. I find it aggravating that Bioware's RPGs are one of the only games I can toggle between male or female protagonist easily with a grand scale adventure because the writing is atrocious (haven't gotten to Inquisition yet I'll see if it holds up to praise soon enough), but once in a while I get a good indie title here or there that happily fills the niche.

Oh, wait, right, I was supposed to get really angry about this.

How dare feminists want to change mah video games and talk about that! Blah blah blah, blah blah blah. Mighty No 9 fiasco is totally the example by which thousands of games follow even though it isn't! Blah blah blah, blah blah blah. How ever will I survive and enjoy my games if developers decide to include more women in their games that don't have ridiculous sized floatation devices on their chests! Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.

Indie gaaaminggggg~

Gwazi, why does it seem that every-goddamn-where you go you end up in moronic, repetitive internet debates that evolve into debates-about-debates and so on and so forth? Do you ever learn? I'm not even criticising your opinions here, even though in my view you're wrong about pretty much everything ever, just how you manage to make every single social interaction you have about those opinions of yours.
This is the only time I'm saying this, because it's something I meant to get off my chest for months now.

Because it's a self-fulfilling expectation.
As in, the individuals back from the Guild who chose to think all I do is cause arguments will always respond to stuff I say/do aggressively and viciously, in the manner of starting conflict.
Then, once they get their conflict (Often their very own post) it's as easy as going "Oh look! Gwazi's fault!" and then playing on popularity/friendships to have others believe it.

Now, am I guilty of starting arguments and debates? Oh yea, above the norm.
I won't deny it was to the point back on spam that it was becoming a problem, but it was never a "whereever-I-go 100% guaranteed" thing like people claim it is.
That was a belief people chose to cling onto. Which is easily shown by the many threads I'm in (both here and on the Guild) where there is no argument/debate going on.

To clarify.
Yes, I admit to having a tendency to start arguments and debates.
Yes, I admit to enjoying said debates (when everyone is civil/mature, not looking to cast blame, insult others, condemn people etc).
But to claim I'm 100% responsible for all of them? And to claim it's all of my social interactions, you seriously need to step back, relax, and stop being so eager to cast blame.
If you really care about the subject, get educated about it from less obviously biased sources, and get involved in some way. Otherwise, the rest of us really couldn't care to laugh at yet another hate mongering video on the Internet about Anita Sarkeesian.
This is true.
Like I said earlier, the video was meant for a laugh/joke. Not starting the argument it seemed to devolve into.
But I can see how sharing it here was likely in poor judgement, and playing on a really old joke.
Oh, wait, right, I was supposed to get really angry about this.

How dare feminists want to change mah video games and talk about that! Blah blah blah, blah blah blah. Mighty No 9 fiasco is totally the example by which thousands of games follow even though it isn't! Blah blah blah, blah blah blah. How ever will I survive and enjoy my games if developers decide to include more women in their games that don't have ridiculous sized floatation devices on their chests! Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.

Indie gaaaminggggg~

lol

That's assuming this world consists out of rational individuals. I think we've established that's not the case by now. If debate woulda been the solution, this wouldn't have boiled down to cancerous cesspool versus cancerous cesspool.
Kestrel, saying my thoughts before me, and better than me, since 2009

Gwazi, I kinda of wish that you never had found this site and stayed back on the Guild. Sorry, if this seems harsh, but you're just looking from reasons to keep this debate going.

Mods, please lock this thread up <33

Edit: I will remove this post, if the mods and/or people request to do so.

GatorGate ranting aside, I didn't find that particularly funny. But maybe I'm too jaded to be entertained by sloppy topical copypasta pics pasted over video footage.

Reactions: Dervish