Internet Avengers: Age Of Anita (2015)

GatorGate ranting aside, I didn't find that particularly funny. But maybe I'm too jaded to be entertained by sloppy topical copypasta pics pasted over video footage.
Out of curiosity, I checked out the comments on Youtube (there's my first mistake!), and was utterly baffled by the horde of near unanimous approval of the video for how hilarious it was, like it was John Candy incarnate. Slapping rage face memes over a movie trailer with absolutely no other changes to said trailer is just lazy, boring bullshit.

Hell, I don't know how people find rage face memes funny to begin with. I can't scroll past them fast enough.

Reactions: Sidhe
Gwazi, I kinda of wish that you never had found this site and stayed back on the Guild. Sorry, if this seems harsh, but you're just looking from reasons to keep this debate going.

Mods, please lock this thread up <33

Edit: I will remove this post, if the mods and/or people request to do so.
Like I said, the topic was only posted as a joke and not to cause a debate.
Was it in poor judgement? Yea. But I'm not going around trying to keep debates going.
And people claiming that I am is exactly the whole "Self-Fulfilling Prophecy" stuff I mentioned earlier.
Out of curiosity, I checked out the comments on Youtube (there's my first mistake!), and was utterly baffled by the horde of near unanimous approval of the video for how hilarious it was, like it was John Candy incarnate. Slapping rage face memes over a movie trailer with absolutely no other changes to said trailer is just lazy, boring bullshit.

Hell, I don't know how people find rage face memes funny to begin with. I can't scroll past them fast enough.
I can't say for others, but for me the humor was that the Avenger's trailer just already seems to work so well to (In my mind) describe the whole GG situation.
The faces being added just helps connect the dots.

Last edited:
It only works if you somehow see GG as some group of heroes fighting a machine that is going to ruing everything. So yeah, no person in their right mind and with any sense of selfawareness would find it funny :D

Reactions: Rare
If debate woulda been the solution, this wouldn't have boiled down to cancerous cesspool versus cancerous cesspool.

This essentially.

I may not label myself as a third wave feminist or Social Justice Warrior, but I NEVER would label myself as a Gamergate supporter. Besides the fact that the name parodies one of the darkest times in American history, I find radical feminism much more palatable to digest than GG's wave of radical victimization.

No, gamers are not oppressed. Never have been. If you want oppression, take a look at North Korea.

Reactions: Azarthes
Besides the fact that the name parodies one of the darkest times in American history,
This is something I'm genuinely curious about.
I admit I never put much thought or consideration into what inspired the name "Gamergate".
But now that it's been mentioned, what exactly was this dark time that Gamergate names itself off of?
If you want oppression, take a look at North Korea.

What, do they not teach the Watergate scandal in US history classes?

Watergate. Holyshit how can you not know what your own movement is supposed to play at. Wow Gwazi.

I'm Canadian. :P
Watergate. Holyshit how can you not know what your own movement is supposed to play at. Wow Gwazi.
Because GG never mentions it?
I looked at the name GG and simply thought "That's the name", and not "Hm, I wonder if this is a reference to anything big that I currently do not know about".
Part of references and symbolism is that it's not something people will always pick up, if you don't know what it's referencing you're bound to miss it.

I'm Swedish, I still know about Watergate. You live NEXT to the damn country and you do not know? No sorry, you have no excuse. Its one of the most impactfull moments of American internal policy. It led to the impeachment of a President for fucks sake. You have no excuse for your ignorance in this. Don't even try it.

g42f2.jpg

I have U.S history now and so far, we are at World War 2. We might learn about it in our government class or later on in U.S history class.

Was Watergate that major political scandal that caused Nixon to resign as president because, his party were tied to many crimes. But, he got a pardon from the scandal later in the 90s.

I am just saying you are being exposed to how ignorant you are on matter of direct importance to things you claim to represent. You should maybe stay on RPG where you can have "Big topics". Becouse you were shittalking iwaku over the fact that we don't engage you in your vain attempts to justify Gamer Gate and your own stances on things.

:D

Reactions: Rare
I never did shit talk Iwaku.

Hellis, I get you don't like me.
But can you be mature about it and not try to start a fight at every corner and worse yet spread lies about what I'm saying?

Even if you're not knowledgable about the finer details of it, I'm as absolutely stunned as Hellis is that you don't know what Watergate is.

@Gwazi Magnum @Hellis

ferret.jpg

Calm down and take your fighting in the sandbox to PMs. None of the other kids want to stroke this shit.

Gwazi didn't know what Watergate is in connection to Gamergate. Now he does. The end.

Can we please let this dumb, pointless topic die now?

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I never did shit talk Iwaku.

Hellis, I get you don't like me.
But can you be mature about it and not try to start a fight at every corner and worse yet spread lies about what I'm saying?
Let me pull up a direct quote then; "...except no one on Iwaku seems to be a fan of debating big topics."

Let me pull up a direct quote then; "...except no one on Iwaku seems to be a fan of debating big topics."
*Was going to drop it here*
*Realizes that from Guild reputation that this part could make me look like a hater if I don't clarify the meaning*

That's not an insult, but an observation.
Not everyone likes to debate, there's nothing wrong with that.

*Is now dropping*

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum