Interlude

Wait a sec. Am I correct in assuming that those who have had their medicine for the day don't feel sick until they tire themselves out or...?

Well. It's up to you. For example, Maika's got to take meds several times a day, because he's deteriorating so fast. But those with longer left might only have to take it once or twice a day. However, they would feel their symptoms more so after a fight, yes.

Oh okay, noted tha thanks :)

This roleplay sounds interesting, can I join or am I too late?

@Madyline , as much as I like your character, I don't think you fully understand exactly what empathy is. Empathy only pertains to emotion. Susan would not be able to feel everyone's symptoms plus her own. That's too much. Honestly She would have died in the facility since there were people being experimented on. Am I right?
I get that she can feel pain and Ella's guilt, but the pain would have to be emotional for her to feel it

Of course, I'm only trying to help because I like Susan's personality and if she's moping about feeling eveyrone's sickness even with her meds, she wouldn't get much interaction with the other characters besides pity...

Last edited:
She mentioned in her post that when she was medicated, she had better control over her powers. Interlude would have kept her drugged up in the lab.

Of course, if that's a problem, we can try and play around with it.

Oh sweet, thanks. ^^
If there's anything that needed to change for my character please tell me, I'm open for suggestions

Name: Ace Kwon.
Sexuality: Bisexual.
Marked: Yes.
Time Left: Approximately two weeks.
Symptoms: Insomnia, severe vomiting, mild mood swings, frequent pins-and-needle all over the body, random episodes of dizziness, colour blindness.
Abilities: Enhanced sight, able to see twice the distance than an average human can see. Teleportation, able to teleport within a 50 meter radius. Able to heal small wounds without scarring.
img-thing

Appearance: 70kgs, 182cm, Korean/American.
Personality: Ace is rather the typical bad boy you'll see at a school or on the street. Due to his harsh past he was grown quiet numb and insensitive in general, making him appear cold and intimidating but in reality he's actually a nice and sweet guy to hang around. Ace is also extremely independent, he has trust issues and he rather to go alone than to risk being betrayed.
Any existing relations: May develop a relationship during the roleplay.

Control isn't the issue. It's the actual power itself. Unless to have better control is to totally suppress and ignore her power..which, as characters, I assume they're all growing to learn that they can be used for good. After the cure is found, shouldn't they all realize that they're powers can be a good thing?
Like for example, if Lillian made rain fall from the sky because they were running out of water?

But if Susan says she has empathy, she should stick to empathy, which is strictly emotional. She wouldn't feel the physical symptoms of every person in near vicinity. That's overkill anyway, isn't it?
Now if she started describing how Maika was frustrated or disappointed about how he couldn't do much in his current physical condition, that would be empathy, but to feel nausea and lethargy would be like directly tapping into his nervous system, which empaths cannot do. It's just the definition of empathy. If she stuck to emotions, she could be useful and find joy in her gift, but to be constantly tapping into everyone's amygdala is not in the capabilities of an empath. That's all I'm saying. I just wanna make sure she doesn't have an awful time with character growth and stuff later on. Without being drugged up, she wouldn't be able to realistically withstand everyone's symptoms at once

I can see exactly what you mean. @Madyline, being able to pick up on their symptoms isn't a part of empathy, and could be a problem in the roleplay.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ravenbelle
Hwy guys! I found a cool setting for the van! This is what I meant by the benches. And at night, the ones who aren't driving can turnt he back into a bed they all sleep on together for warmth. Like it?
http://www.ravenfamily.org/andyg/van.htm

van_bed_1.jpg

van_bed_2.jpg
First, lift the cushions up so that the inside edges of the benches are visible.
van_bed_3.jpg
Dig out the four bed planks and lay one down at the end (there's a little stop).
van_bed_4.jpg
The next one goes up against it...
van_bed_5.jpg
...and the third (this is really technical stuff, isn't it?)
van_bed_6.jpg
...and the fourth plank, making a solid bed base.
van_bed_7.jpg
The seat cushions are shuffled in to the middle...
van_bed_8.jpg
...and the wall cushions are tucked in alongside them to make a full-width double bed

Last edited:
Also @Urdnot Grunt I love your post. I really want Ella to accompany him to go in the passenger seat just in case, but she wouldn't want to leave the others to deal with their symptoms alone. So I wanna wait til the other characters get in the van before I post again. Just to establish everything. Such indecision...lol

• Thank You
Reactions: Artorias
That looks pretty cool. Since I'm on the phone just imagine she's sitting on a bench okay? Lol

Reactions: Ravenbelle
I'm so impatient. I wanna post, but we still need to load up two more characters onto the van!

If I wanted to join this, would it be plausible to enter as a guy on the side of the road who is in some sort of bad situation?

Like, perhaps an outsider for the group who heard about the cure and was making his way over there on his own.

Interlude had control over all of the experiments- unless one of the healthy experiments escaped and found their way to the others? If you really want to go Marked, I could work with that.