Interlude

Oh! Maybe he could be unmarked! On the first post you said half the experiments would be unmarked but everyone chose to be anyway. Which isn't all that big a deal so.!

Last edited:

Basic Information
Name:
Frank Walton, The Traveller
Sexuality: Straight
Marked: No

Abilities
Super Human Strength: Genetic engineering of Frank's muscle cells have made granted him super human strength. No, he can't pick up a semi, but he hits hard enough to reduce chunks of concrete to dust.

Regenerative Cell Structure: After he inherited his strength trait, scientists began to notice something; when Frank would use his ability, he would tear his muscles, break his bones, and injure himself. To counteract this, scientists again re-engineered his DNA, this time with a regenerative trait. While it did succeed in rapidly regenerating his torn muscle tissue, other more serious injuries, like broken bones, take nearly a week to regenerate properly.

Personality
There is quite a bit to be said about Frank. He hates to be alone, but he's found himself in a situation where is travelling solo. He is brave when he needs to be, and will step up to the plate as a leader if no one else does. He is not reluctant to talk about his past, like some of the others. He is talks a little bit too much, probably because he hasn't had as much normal social interaction as he'd like. He has done bad things, but he likes to think that he did them for the right reasons.

I read the intro post over again, but I am very bad at math. Would most of the teen characters in this have a past beyond the lab? Were they young enough to be exempt from testing until they grew up a little? Would they remember their parents or family? Or just white lab coats and needles?

Character Sheet:
Name:Emerson (Last name pending)
Sexuality: Doesn't care, presumably bisexual
Marked: No
Abilities: Increased strength (as reference, she couldn't lift a car but she could push one with the brakes on pretty far, can sustain a decent amount of weight for a long time, degree of strength increases slightly if angry or similar), Premonitions, decreased sensitivity to heat and cold/increased durability

Appearance: 13a6e70e091ecb714d786a914a0bb068.jpg

Personality: Emerson has always a very laid back, go with the flow kind of person. She doesn't mind tagging along for the ride and experiencing things from the side lines, watching others. Em is less of a talker and more of a doer, and sometimes her lack of communication can cause problems. Her view on life is somewhat cynical but over all accepting that things are the way they are. Often if you listen close enough you can hear here mumbling sarcastic remarks to herself. Em has a deep desire to help people and can be overly self sacrificing and protective, sometimes not taking time to think about herself. Though not easy to anger, when she does get angry she tends to get very angry, yelling and even getting physical.

Any existing relations: It would be great to hook Emerson up with a younger sibling or sibling-like figure/friend

I like Emerson. Reminds me of a really cool character, do you know Clarisse from the Percy Jackson series? yeah

I only have one warning for you. If she's going to have premonitions for a power, you might have to periodically pm the creator of this roleplay to make sure the 'visions' would go according to the plan set for the path of the story. Having had experience using a character with that sort of 'sight', it gets a bit inconvenient, especially since you're limited when using that power. Plus it can get really philosophical... Yadayadayada depending on the technicalities of the visions. It gets kind of complicated. If you want to got through all that trouble, be my guest, but I just hope we don't find ourselves going out of our way to make the visions come true....

Just a warning. Otherwise, awesome awesome character,!

I like Emerson. Reminds me of a really cool character, do you know Clarisse from the Percy Jackson series? yeah

I only have one warning for you. If she's going to have premonitions for a power, you might have to periodically pm the creator of this roleplay to make sure the 'visions' would go according to the plan set for the path of the story. Having had experience using a character with that sort of 'sight', it gets a bit inconvenient, especially since you're limited when using that power. Plus it can get really philosophical... Yadayadayada depending on the technicalities of the visions. It gets kind of complicated. If you want to got through all that trouble, be my guest, but I just hope we don't find ourselves going out of our way to make the visions come true....

Just a warning. Otherwise, awesome awesome character,!

With the premonitions I was thinking less of her being able to predict specific things far off, and more of her being able to get vague feelings about situations (like if she were to say "I have a bad feeling about this guys" she'd probably be right), and be able to see things a few seconds into the future which would be useful in fights. Also thanks! A girl tries.

Oh. Well that might be easier. But I'd call it supernatural intuition rather than premonitions then, but we'll see what the gm says lol

*Attempts to make a pun*
I saw a similarity in the powers of our characters, maybe Emerson might have some foresight about romance ;)

*laughs at his own joke*

Reactions: 2 people
images

Basic Information

Name: Satoshi Nakuu
Sexuality: Bisexual
Marked: Yes
Time Left: Estimates vary between a month to a month and half
Symptoms: Subject shows an ever decreasing ability to separate reality from their own hellish fantasy. Subject also is prone to acts of psychotic behavior during these periods of fantazing and is unsafe to approach. In addition the subject often rants about nonsensical topics concerning hell. However the lucid and detailed manner in which he does is simply fascinating and worth a further study of its own. Finally the subject has begun a disturbing trend of self hurting.

Abilities:

The subject has been extremely unwilling to demonstrate the limits of their abilities. It has taken methods I deem barbaric to elicit any sort of cooperation. And even these have failed from time to time.

The subject's most prominent ability seems the ability to reduce their atomical structure to the point were walking through objects is possible. Needless to say this was a most upsetting discovery. As it implies the subject can leave whenever he chooses to do so.

He has also shown a aptitude for light bending. Indeed the subject is capable of rendering themselves for all intents and purposes invisible in all spectrums. Though thermal remains a viable option should the subject need to be acquired again.

Also worth noting is that the subject has extremely good reflexes. When questioned about it though the subject denies such things. Instead he offers up the notion of precognition as the source of his super human reflexes. Further questioning reveals that this ability is solely defensive in nature and cannot be summoned at will.

Lastly the subject is capable of taking considerable physical punishment. Apparently painful techniques have little effect upon the subject's mental behavior. Though we would of course not risk permanently damaging the subject we are fairly certain there is no limit to his pain threshold.

Personality: Satoshi is two very different people. During his what we have come the Dr. Jekyll persona he is a very calm albiet distant individual. During these times he shows a keen interest in academic matters. Indeed we have found a constant flow of educational texts and the odd instructor a rather good way to keep the delusions at bay.

It is also during the Dr.Jekyll persona that he is at his most reasonable. Though even then it is most difficult to get the subject to do anything the subject does not want to. Though not talkative in the normal sense of the word He often seems to seek discussion silently. This goes without saying is an opportunity best seized for the purposes of research. There is of course his tendency to only dissuss what he wants to discuss. Though with patience it has been possible to get to the desired topics.

His other half, Mr. Hyde, however is not as forthcoming. Indeed we are currently unaware on what exactly sets this personality switch on. What we do know however is that this persona is a raving psychotic. During these times the subject will physically assault and attempt to kill any moving thing within his visual range. Though we have had some success with drug cocktails this behavior is becoming worse with time.

An interesting side note though is that the Mr.Hyde persona seems unaware of the abilities it has acess to. This is made readily apparent by its demands that we let it out. This of course puzzled us for quite some time. For the subject possesses the ability to simply walk through any barrier we can put in front of it.

Our puzzlement however ended with the confession of the subject. He apparently keeps the Mr.Hyde persona from that part of his mind. Furthermore the subject expressed great hatred of his other half as it were. This gives us hope that with time and therapy the subject's useful qualities can be sifted from his less desirable ones. This hope is only further enhanced by the subjects additional confession. Apparently the subject's self-imposed imprisonment is in response to the Mr.Hyde persona. He does not want it free and loose in the world. The subject claims to want to be rid of it for the good of the world.

Character Theme- Duality by Slipknot
Existing Relations:
The subject to the best of our knowledge is the sole living member of his familiar line. A real shame as a sibling could have proved a very useful comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I need to check this thread more.

Okay. Everyone's accepted. @sour_kiki, those forms of premonitions are entirely fine by me.

@OverCast, loving your character.

You can go ahead and post!

And they would have had a brief history before the labs, yes. They grew up with their families, although saw their parents less and less as they grew older, before being separated from them when they started getting tested on at ten.

Reactions: Ravenbelle
Is it possible to make another character before things go too far or no?

You can have as many characters as you want. I'm considering adding another unmarked character.

I just have two questions, could I play another marked character? And if I make a unmarked character will they be able to have the abilitity to manipulate certain things as well?

It doesn't matter to me if you make a Marked character- I'm not all that fussy, honestly. And yes, unmarked characters can still manipulate and have enhanced senses.

I'm beginning to worry about the space left in the van...lol

And..So many...sick people >.<

(WIP)

Name: Joshua Jaeger
Sexuality: Bisexual
Marked: Yes
Time Left: Three weeks
Symptoms: Chills, Excessive Thirst, Weight loss, Dry mouth

Abilities: Enhanced Speed, Ice Manipulation

Appearance:

Personality:

Any existing relations:​

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a big van. xD

And put it this way- if Maika and Lillian can both fit lying down on the bench, there should be enough room for the others on the other bench. Especially when you remember that Maika is six foot.

I'm going to add an Unmarked character shortly- do you guys think a guy or a girl would be better?

Also, Maika's still open for that girlfriend... ;)

Well, Lillian is still open for a boyfriend if anyone wanted to know that. Maybe she can be Maika's girlfriend? It doesn't matter if you don't want her to be.

I think that since they couldn't have much social interaction in the lab, that relationships should transpire on the trip. I think it would flow better...seem more...natural you know? But if anyone really wants to pair up so early, I would suggest that, for the sake of the story, you both pm about the characters. Come up with a back story for the couple. How they got to become a couple, time spent in the lab together etc.

Personally, I kinda hope Duncan and Ella get together, but after they get to know each other. After they go through events on the trip together you know?
@Urdnot Grunt what do you think?