Inside My Mind (rosegrim and One Must Wonder)

Julian snicked, he hadn't thought Fletch would be one for chick flicks "Good choice. Of both fashion and movie." Julian thought for a second, tucking a strand of hair behind his ear before grinning. "My favourite is Girl Interrupted. Susan says I'm weird and it's a morbid fascination because the whole thing takes place in a mental hospital," he shrugged "but whatever the reason I like it" The brunette stretched before shifting into a slightly more comfortable position on Fletch's lap, curling against the taller boy. He had to be careful, if he got to comfortable, he'd probably fall asleep here.

"Book of choice?"

Fletch reached his hand up to absently play with Julian's hair when the boy shifted in his lap. He was pretty sure he could stay like that forever, just holding the brunet in his arms. He took a deep breath, thinking about what his favorite book might be. It was a tough choice, since reading was one of his favorite past times, but he finally decided on one.

"You ask all the hard questions," Fletch began with a chuckle. "I'd have to say... Hamlet. I don't know why, but I love it. And yours?"

Okay it was official, Julian was much to comfortable with Fletch, in Fletch's arms particularly. Not that he minded, it was nice to be able relax with someone who wasn't his sister who had a habit of psychoanalyzing him. He was sure that when he had to leave the roof he would pout.

"Well, then you ask a question next time." he said with a small laugh before chewing his lip, thinking. He was a major bookworm and his sister only encouraged the habit by getting him new books monthly, so it was hard for him to pick one. "Hmm, that's a tough one, but I think it's Polgara The Sorceress. It's either that or Belgarath the Sorcerer. Good Omens was wickidly funny and Titus Andronicus was good too." he grinned, "Ask me again tomorrow and my answer will probably have changed."

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Fletch smiled at that. Julian was to adorably geeky for his own good. What with the fact that geeky was apparently the new sexy, Fletch was surprised that the brunet wasn't beating off hordes of girls with a stick. Maybe he was, though. The blonde hadn't known the smaller boy for very long. It was possible that he had as big a following as Fletch. He coughed a little, suddenly feeling somewhat self-conscious.

"So...do you, uh, have a girlfriend?" the blonde asked, suddenly all too aware of the fact that Julian was curled up in his lap. He pressed his nose into the top of the boy's head to hide his mild embarrassment. [/FONT]

Julian made a face. The thought of him with a girl weirded him out and was kind of disturbing to him, but whatever, he was getting off track. "No." He twirled a piece of hair between his fingers, suddenly very aware of the fact that he was in another boy's lap. He bit his lip, what he was about to say could end badly. He was sure Fletch would be fine with it, he might portray the image of a badass, he didn't seem to be the type that judged, but there was a chance Julian could be wrong.

"No," he repeated, "I'm single. I mean I've been asked out a lot, sure, but I always turn them down. They've, er... got the wrong equipment, if you know what I mean."

Fletch let out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. He found himself quite relieved that Julian was both single and batting for the same team the blonde was. He gave a little chuckle.

"I know exactly what you mean. As I said earlier in class, girls aren't really my area." Fletch hoped very much that Julian understood what he was getting at. The blonde hadn't told anyone that he was gay and, while he knew the boy in his lap wouldn't make fun or judge him, it still made him a little nervous to talk about.

Julian blinked. He'd wondered what Fletch had meant when he had first said that, but as he had just come down from a small episode, he hadn't made the connection. For some reason the fact that Fletch was gay made him incredibly happy and relieved. "Ah. That explains a lot. Now it all makes sense. The aversion to fangirls I mean." He smirked at the blonde, "Most guys I know would kill for a chance to have that many girls chasing them. Okay, so the girls are insane, but still, to be chased by that many girls is typically a teenage guy's dream."

Before he realized what he was doing, Julian had nuzzled the taller boys neck slightly, sighing. "I'm glad you're not into them though," he murmured

Fletch chuckled darkly, thinking about the things those horrible girls loved to do to him.

"They always try to...molest me or something. Won't take no for an answer, that bunch." He shuddered a bit, thinking of the last time they'd managed to corner him. He'd barely made it out with his clothes and his dignity intact. It was a damn shame that the blonde had such high moral fibre as not to hit girls. They'd probably leave him alone then. But he wouldn't stoop so low.

I'm glad you're not into them though. That one little phrase was enough to make Fletch's heart skip a beat. He was having more and more trouble trying to find a reason not to kiss the sweet brunet who was curled up in his lap and he knew that he'd give in to his urges if he didn't find another way to rationalize not submitting to his desires.

"Even if I had been before today, I wouldn't be into them anymore," the blonde whispered almost inaudibly, his tone tentative, into the too of Julian's head. Fletch was surprised he'd said that aloud, but he was more surprised that he meant it. Something about the brunet made Fletch happier than he'd been in a very long time.

Julian inwardly shuddered as Fletch told him about those girls. He was suddenly very very glad he played for the other team. "Those girls sound awful. Much too grabby for my tastes." He wrapped his arms loosely around Fletch's waist and snuggled closer against the blonde. Man what was with him today? He was never so, so... cuddly.

Even if I had been before today, I wouldn't be into them anymore. Juliam raised an eyebrow "Oh yeah? Good, 'cus I'd get jealous." Realizing what he had just said, the small boy slapped a hand over his mouth and groaned, blushing a startling shade of red. "I just said that out loud, didn't I?"

Good, 'cus I'd get jealous. That was it. The straw that broke the camel's back, as it were. At that comment, Fletch threw caution to the wind and, before he realized what he was doing, he had a finger under Julian's chin and was brushing his lips against the other boy's. He was a bit inside, so the kiss was tentative and ended almost as quickly as it had began. He only hoped Julian wouldn't freak out.

"Sorry," he mumbled, not really sorry at all but still feeling the need to apologize. He'd never done anything so rash in his life, and he sincerely hoped it hadn't been a mistake. They'd just met, for Christ's sake.

Julian's eyes widened in surprise when he felt Fletch's lips against his. Whatever the reaction he had expected to his jealous comment, it hadn't been that. Just what the hell was going on today? He had just met Fletch and already he was cuddling with the other boy and talking about his past, which he never ever did with anyone other then Su and his therapist. Well he did the talking part at any rate, he didn't cuddle with Isabelle and never would anyway.

Sorry. "You don't have to apologize," he told him. "Well, not if you promise to do it again." he added with a sly look. Okay there had to be something in the air or something. He'd just met the guy and he wanted to kiss him again. There had to be something, but oddly, Julian didn't care.

You don't have to apologize. Well, not if you promise to do it again. Fletch's eyes widened for a moment, not having expected that particular response from Julian, but pleased by it anyway.

"I'd be more than happy to oblige," the blonde replied with a slight smirk , brushing his thumb over the smaller boy's lower lip before stealing another quick kiss.

"You're far too cute for your own good," Fletch murmured against Julian's mouth as he grew a little bolder, initiating a slightly longer kiss but making sure that he was taking it all very slow. He didn't want to frighten the brunet away with the lustful, needy kisses that he longed to bestow upon the smaller boy. It was too soon for that, he reasoned. And they had all the time in the world, as long as Fletch didn't manage to fuck it up.

Julian was pleased when Fletch got bolder, the other boy realizing Julian wasn't going to run away anytime soon, but glad the blonde was taking it slowly for now. The lack of anxiety, even when on his pills, behind the whole thing was new to Julian and he had no idea how long it would last. The longer they were with one another, the less anxiety Julian would haveabout the whole thing. And they had time providing nothing went wrong, but for now, he was glad Fletch wasn't rushing things.

You're far too cute for your own good "I am, am I?" Julian said with a laugh, as he pulled away. Fletch was a really good kisser and it left Julian seeing stars

"Oh yes," Fletch replied with a grin. "Otherwise, I'd like to think I could keep my hands to myself." And, with that, he stole another small kiss before pressing his lips to Julian's forehead.

"I'm surprised you haven't kicked me off the love seat for being fresh with you or something," the blonde commented with a lopsided grin. It was true, really, but he thought it better to voice his insecurities jokingly. Julian would laugh or something and everything would be lovely and Fletch wouldn't have to have the brunet know how nervous he really was.

"Don't worry, I might get jumpy from time to time, but if I haven't punched you already, you're fine, don't worry." Julian said, hugging Fletch, "The last guy who snuck up on me, well, I freaked out. I punched him the face, broke his nose and slammed him into a wall before I realized what I was doing." He chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. "Trust me, you'll know if you do anything I don't like. I won't throw you into a wall, but you'll know." He smiled brightly, "So relax, okay? You're doing fine."

Fletch laughed at the description of what had happened to the poor fellow who'd last snuck up on Julian. The brunet was apparently stronger than he looked.

"Glad I'm not that guy," he told the smaller boy with a smile. The blonde was also glad to have his fears assuaged. He knew that he had no reason to worry, but it was in his nature to think he wasn't good enough or was somehow an inconvenience to people. Fletch knew that Julian probably didn't think this of him, but years of feeling inadequate were hard to shake. The only person he'd ever felt really confident around was Chris, and that was probably because the little boy was the only person who'd really cared for Fletch in a long time.

"And thanks," the blonde added after a moment, nuzzling Julian slightly and taking a deep breath.

"Mm, anytime." Julian said softly glad he could reassure Fletch. He could always tell when someone was nervous; you picked up a few things when you lived with a shrink. Julian sighed, stretching his arms above his head before going back to his previous position. "Glad I could help."

He checked his watch. They'd been up here for a while, but they still had quite a bit of time to kill before his father came to get him. He wasn't looking forward to this visit. He never did. This time though Susan wasn't going to be there. It was just going to be him and his old man, something both he and his sister had been trying to avoid for the past seven years. Julian shuddered, burying his face in the crook of Fletch's neck. Hopefully it wouldn't be too bad. His dad knew that if he did anything to hurt the small boy, Su would kick his ass in court and out of it and his dad couldn't really afford another charge on his record.

Fletch could feel Julian starting to get tense in his arms and threaded the long fingers of one hand into the brunet's hair in an effort to soothe him. The blonde rubbed gentle little circles into the smaller boy's scalp with his fingertips and wrapped his free arm loosely around Julian's waist.

"It really stresses you out, the prospect of having to see your dad." It wasn't a question, because Fletch knew the answer. He wished he could go along and make sure that Julian's dad didn't try anything, but the blonde doubted that he would be able to. The brunet's father didn't exactly seem the type for having friends over. Especially with the sort of friends that Fletch and Julian seemed to be becoming. No good could come of it.

Julian nodded. "Yeah. It's not so bad normally. Awkward as fuck and stressful yes, but not too bad. But normally Susan's there, to watch him I mean, but like I said earlier, she couldn't get time off today." He took a deep breath, forcing himself to relax, it wouldn't be good to freak out now. "He won't do anything to me, not physically at least. Not anymore since he knows Su will check whether I tell her or not and she'll take him back to court."

Julian sighed, playing with a strand of Fletch's hair absentmindedly, "He'll still make me feel awful though, and with any luck, I bet Mallory will be there too."

Fletch pressed a soft, sympathetic kiss to the top of Julian's head. He didn't like to see the brunet so stressed.

"It'll be okay," the blonde assured the boy in his lap, taking one of Julian's small hands in one of his larger ones and drawing little circles on the back of it with his thumb. "If it gets too bad, call me and I'll come get you. Doesn't matter what time it is. I mean...if your sister can't..." Fletch blushed a little. He felt a little silly for offering a service that he knew Julian's sister could provide, but he wanted to put the option out there. From what he could tell, the brunet liked to have someone other than his sister to lean on, and Fletch was happy to be that person.