Inside My Mind (rosegrim and One Must Wonder)

Julian jumped at the feel of Fletch's arm go across he shoulders before relaxing a bit. The brunette wasn't big on physical contact, never had been, but with Fletch he didn't seem to mind it so much.

What can I do? Julian almost burst into tears at that question. Nobody except his sister had ever asked him that. Instead he settled for a small grin.

"Nothing really, unless you know a way I can get out of it that doesn't end in murder or other charges being laid?" He looked at the blonde with a raised eyebrow. Julian sighed, finally fully relaxing. "My sister usually calls the school on visitation days and tells them if I'm not in class, it's fine, I've got her permission to miss class. Don't bother calling saying I skipped." He looked at Fletch. "If you don't mind skipping, could you distract me until he comes to get me?"

"I can do that. Definitely. You have something in mind, or shall I come up with a way to entertain you?" Fletch smiled as he thought about the things he could take Julian to do if the smaller boy didn't have a plan. But he would let the brunet decide. He didn't want Julian's anxiety to act up, though he could handle it if he had to.

"I'll do what ever you want to do. Think of me like your badass genie," Fletch said with a crooked smile. He hoped that Julian came up with something quick because there was a disturbance in what he called the "Fletch fangirl force". His fanclub's weird girly midichlorians were probably off the scale. He shuddered a bit at the thought.

Julian giggled at the image of Fletch as a genie. He shrugged, "Not really, you can decided what we do. As long as it distracts me, I don't care what we do. Hell you could take me bungee jumping and I wouldn't care. And I'm terrified of heights."

He left the "Because I feel safe with you for some crazy reason" unsaid because, one) it was cheesy as fuck, and two) even though he'd just met Fletch, he was pretty sure it was obvious.

He glanced behind them and shuddered. Fletch's Fangirls were looking at them oddly. Well they were looking a Fletch, they were glaring at Julian. "But whatever you decide, I would recommend we do something to get your fanclub off your back. and soon, because here they come."

Fletch quickly scanned the cafeteria for the best exit. He'd become something of a master strategist since his fan club had gotten so out of hand. He knew that the exit farthest from them was probably their best bet, since it lead outside. All the other cafeteria doors went somewhere in the school. Also, it appeared to be the only one that didn't have a fangirl stationed at it.

"Do you trust me?" the blonde asked, taking his arm away from Julian's shoulders and, instead, taking one of the brunet's small hands in his much larger one. This all seemed very romantic comedy to him, but life was funny like that sometimes. And it wasn't like he and Julian we're suddenly soul mates or something.

"Because we're headed for that door," Fletch said, pointing at the farthest door from their table.

Julian briefly wondered if Fletch had watched Aladdin recently. First the genie refrence and now a quote from the movie. Do you trust me? Julian nodded, "Yeah, I do". He refused to blush at the fact that Fletch was holding his hand.

His eyes widened when he saw the door Fletch was pointing too. Glancing around the short boy noticed it was the only one not guarded by someone who was probably a fangirl. Sighing, he grabbed his bag with his free hand and stood with the taller boy. "Lets go. I really don't fancy the idea of getting caught by them. They scare me and they're your fangirls, so it'd be worse for you"

Fletch smiled a little at Julian's admission, pleased that he had garnered the trust of this boy so quickly. Julian didn't seem particularly trusting, so it was something of an honor for the blonde to hear that the smaller boy trusted him. Unfortunately, Julian had to bring up the fangirls again. Fletch sighed and nodded. He would almost certainly be dragged off to whatever God forsaken lair those girls called their clubhouse to have unspeakable acts preformed on him. He didn't particularly fancy the idea of being caught by them either. He certainly didn't like the way they were looking at Julian. They looked like they might murder the brunet, which was nothing that Fletch wanted to happen.

"Let's go, then," he said, his voice going a bit gruff as he thought of what might happen if they were captured. With that, he pulled Julian toward the door, walking as fast as he could without arousing suspicion from either the fangirls or the teachers. It was strange, but he found himself thinking that he rather liked the feel of Julian's small hand encased in his. He'd have to find more excuses to hold hands with the smaller boy. But that had nothing to do with the situation at hand.

Julian giggled at the look on Fletch's face when he mentioned the fangirls. If it wasn't such a serious situation, Julian would have said it was adorable that the schools resident badass could be so worried about a bunch of girls chasing him. Of course the girls were probably insane... Wait, adorable? Julian blinked, where had that come from? Shaking his head, the small boy focused on the matter at hand. Escape the insane fangirls.

Following Fletch closely, he tried to keep from blushing. Apart from the insane girls, he was probably imagining everyone staring at them. People left through that door all the time, it wasn't unusual. He was just being paranoid. He sighed in relief when they managed to get outside without incident, those girls scared him. "So what now?" he asked Fletch with a small grin.

So what now? Fletch pondered a moment before realizing that he had just the place to go. Fletch skipped class a lot, and he'd swiftly realized that he needed a place to hang out when he wasn't in class. Thus, his spot on the roof of the school had been born. He'd surreptitiously 'borrowed' a sort of foldable love seat of his mother's and a tarp to stave off the rain and set up a nice little spot to get away from it all. He'd never shared it with anyone, but Julian needed it.

"To the roof!" he exclaimed with a grin.

Fletch should grin more often, Julian thought, blinking, he was gorgeous. The short boy grinned back, "Alright, the roof then," he giggled, feeling oddly light and comfortable. Normally, Julian hated being alone with people he didn't know very well. He didn't trust them; everything they did put on edge and made him paranoid, and the list of people he did trust was so short he could count the number of people on it with one hand. Oddly enough though he trusted Fletch enough to be alone with him, and on a roof no less, after only knowing him for couple hours. How odd. It could be because the other boy knew the signs of a panic attack and knew how to deal with them better then any of the other people their age he'd met or it could be something else. Whatever it was, Julian liked it

Following Fletch to the roof, Julian, pressed himself closer to the taller boy, keeping far away enough from the edge to relax without his fear of heights getting in the way. Seeing the loveseat, Julian let out a low whistle. "Nice set up. Come here often?"

Upon reaching the roof, Fletch flopped down into the love seat and almost reflexively pulled Julian into his lap. He wasn't sure what it was about this sweet boy that made him do things he wouldn't normally do, but the brunet was something special. He didn't particularly want to dwell on that just now. He wrapped his arms loosely around Julian's waist before responding to the other boy.

"Yeah. Whenever I want to get away from it all, I come here. Also, the fangirls don't know about it, so it's a good place to go to get away from them," Fletch replied, nuzzling the boy in his lap slightly. He had always been a fairly tactile person, but something about Julian amplified this trait I him.

Julian let out a small, decidedly unmasculine, squeak when he was pulled into Fletch's lap, though he had to admit it was a lot better then some of the things he'd done around other people who'd surprised him. The memory of punching one of Susan's ex-boyfriend in the face accidentally after the man had tapped him on the shoulder without making noise to announce his presence in the room, vividly came to mind.

Also, the fangirls don't know about it, so it's a good place to go to get away from them "I-I see" Julian stuttered, feeling his face and neck heat up when the other boy nuzzled him. He wasn't used to sudden affection like this. Oh sure Su was affectionate with him, hugging him and ruffling his hair constantly, but because of their shared past and tendency to react somewhat violently to sudden physical contact, it was careful, both making sure the other knew they were in the room before doing anything. With Fletch, he didn't mind it so much though.

He leaned against the other boy, a shy smile on his face. "It's nice, thanks for bring me here."

I-I see. Fletch could sense Julian's discomfort and almost shifted over to slide the boy off his lap and into the seat next to him, when the brunet suddenly relaxed against him. As the smaller boy's tension dissolved, a fond smile tugged at the blonde's lips. It's nice, thanks for bringing me here.

"No problem. This might sound a little creepy, but I don't think there's anyone I'd have rather shared this place with," Fletch murmured, suddenly feeling a little bit self-conscious. The blonde wanted to know more about the boy in his lap, but he wasn't entirely sure how to ask. He thought that, perhaps if they knew each other better, the unfamiliar fluttering in his chest and the strange urge to be close to Julian might feel a little more warranted.

This might sound a little creepy, but I don't think there's anyone I'd have rather shared this place with. Julian's eyebrows rose at that. It was a little creepy, but he had heard creepier things. "It's a little creepy," he admitted, turning to face Fletch, "but it's more sweet then anything." Biting his lip Julian decided to act on impulse, loosely wrapping his arms around the other boy's neck and resting his head on Fletch's shoulder. "Thank you."

Julian was surprised at himself. Normally he wasn't so impulsive and he thought things through. Especially before touching or hugging someone. With Fletch though all that flew out the window and well that scared him, Julian liked the fact that he was comfortable enough to relax and be himself around the other boy even though he was almost constantly blushing.

Fletch was genuinely surprised when his comment was taken as more sweet than creepy. He'd half expected the other boy to run from the roof and never return. He told Julian this, resting his chin on the top of the brunet's head and lightly tracing his fingertips up and down the boy's back. The blonde sat contentedly like this for a few moments, before speaking again.

"What is your favorite color?" He knew this question was lame and generic, but he wanted to know all he could about Julian, and favorite color seemed like a good place to start.

Julian giggled at Fletch's comment. "I've heard creepier, trust me. Beside, I don't think I'd ever run from you." He made a content noise in the back of his throat, closing his eyes, when Fletch started lightly running his fingers up and down his back, it felt nice.

"My favorite colour?" he asked, opening his eyes and blinking. "Hmm, I have two. One is dark teal and the other is dark green. What's yours? Do you have any siblings? You know I have Susan, so do you have a brother or sister?"

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Fletch filed away Julian's response in his mind for later use before formulating his own reply, not ceasing his ministrations on the smaller boy's back.

"Mine is lavender, if you can believe it. It reminds me of my mom before...well, you're about to know the story anyway. I have a little brother. Chris. He's ten. Our dad left before my mom even found out she was pregnant with Chris and it almost killed her. After he was born, she sort of fell apart. That's when the panic attacks started. Now she barely leaves the living room. I've pretty much raised Chris on my own. He's a sweet kid." Fletch smiled a bit sadly. "He'd really like you."

The blonde fell silent. He'd never told anyone that before. He wasn't sure what Julian would say. [/FONT]

Julian frowned. Fletch's father sounded like a total asshole. He might be biased given his own childhood until Susan had manged to get him, but Julian couldn't stand people that did that. At the very least if you were going to leave your family, be a part of your kids lives.

Taking a deep breath, Julian hugged Fletch tightly. "That's sad," he mumbled into Fletch's shoulder. "I'm sorry about your mom. It's not pity," he added quickly, knowing the blonde wouldn't want any. "It's just, I know what it's like to be like that, to go through it. It's hard and it's just as hard to to watch someone you love go through it. I know Su ends up in tears sometimes when I have a really bad one. It's tough." He pulled away and gave Fletch a small smile. "I'm glad Chris has you though, he's lucky."

Fletch was touched. He knew most people would pity him or try to tell him that it was too much for him to handle, but not Julian. Fletch liked that about the boy. It seemed he had a knack for knowing the exact right thing to say. Fletch brushed Julian's hair away from his face before pressing a soft kiss to the brunet's forehead.

"Thank you," he whispered, giving the smaller boy a small squeeze. Julian was far too sweet for his own good. Not that Fletch particularly minded. He wasn't sure, but he thought he might be having stirrings of a decidedly romantic nature toward the brunet. He really was very cute and, the more Fletch learned about the boy, the more he liked him. He'd bide his time though. He didn't know how Julian would react to an advance, especially this soon.

"Anytime," Julian said softly with a light blush, leaning against the blonde again. Fletch was helping him out, so it was only fair that he helped out Fletch. Besides, he liked the other boy a lot and felt safe with him around. The thought that he was much to comfortable with Fletch then he should be crossed his mind, but Julian didn't mind it at all. Better with Fletch, someone who could handle his panic attacks, then someone who labeled him as a freak.

"Okay so, we know each others favourite colour. How about favourite movies?" he asked with a small grin.

Fletch chuckled softly. His favorite movie was a little embarrassing, but he knew Julian wouldn't judge.

"The Breakfast Club, actually. Where do you think I got my look? I have Judd Nelson written all over me," the blonde confessed with a laugh. And I guess that makes you Molly Ringwald Fletch added in his head. He didn't want to seem like more of a creeper than he already did by sayin it aloud.

"What's yours?"