Initiation: A Story of Young Heroes

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyperdrive aka Adam

Hyperdrive looked annoyed that their so called leader wasn't taking the situation seriously. He lost it when he got his name wrong. "Hyperdrive...not Hyperactive. I earned my title and as a member of the guard deserve respect. I agree with Ariyah. We are allies so treat us like allies and use our names correctly. We are putting our faith in your plan, so the least you can do is give this matter the sense of ugency it calls for."

Hyperdrive stopped himself from saying anything else he felt like his speeches would just dampen their hope. Hyperdrive decided to excuse himself before he said anything else. As he walked away he placed his hand on Burners shoulder. "Please let me know when we move out. I need a breather."

Adam walked away to a remote area of the stronghold. He lowered his hood, removed his mask and took out a candy bar. He opened it slowly and took a small bite. "Geez I need to learn to shut up. Sensei told me the same thing over. And over again." A tear formed in his eye "I miss you Sensei."

@Eon @HellHoundWoof @Wolverbells

Burner listened to the plan, chemical plant. Canisters labeled AB-421. Put them outside near windows, make sure they dont rupture early. Burner would likely have to hold his fire before he went in that chemical plant. Hyperdrive gave Architect some flak about saying the wrong names. Burner was angry too, he too had earned his title. He was one of the few people to be offered a Guard membership and decline, Stove Top. The nerve of this guy. Burner was tempted to show him how his powers worked up close but knew it wouldnt be a good idea. There was mention of putting Mercy down permanently and Burner felt a bit of remorse, not every villain needed to be killed. Pyra had taught him second chances were important, she'd started off committing petty crimes. Hyperdrive asked Burner for a heads up when they were moving out and Burner wanted to say right then, the sooner this plan got moving the easier it'd be to take down Mercy.

"Dont take too long hombre," Burner said letting the guy walk on. He looked back at Architect, and crossed his arms. He raised one of his arms to his chin and played with the light stubble under his jaw.

"So with these airlocks? Am I sucking up the oxygen in the facility? Or am I burning up the air outside of it?" Burner asked calmly.

Shezmu: Do not insult me.
@Wolverbells, @Eon and anyone else around.

Do what I must…." He repeated softly in a dejected tone as he solidified the sphere of blood. What would Enkidu do in this situation.. Why was working with others such an uncomfortable and experience. He need to find the source of the magic and sitting here wasn't going to do anything, but if anything was obvious it was the fact that whatever they had faced had been enough to take down a small group and cause them to retreat and he Would need to work with them if he was to figure out how to get Enkidu from the realm he had been taken to. "Any time." He returned Trying his hardest to convey politeness. after a soft inhale as he knelt down beside her. His left hand hovering over the back of her rib cage. "You have a few fractured ribs.." He explained before turning his head as the earlier voice began issuing orders. Listening to the group introduce themselves and explain their powers. He manipulated the blood that had collected around Siren's ribs to form what would be small rods to serve as a means to hold them in place as they naturally healed. "Complete. Be careful, the stents in place will hold as long as you don't, ya know break them...Plus they're biodegradable…" He explained with an exhale as he finished his work and gave Siren a warm smile before getting up and walking around trying to find out who all needed what when it came to their injuries. All the while levitating the small orb of blood around his right hand.

"Butthole? Was that to me?" He asked aloud. How annoying. Who did he think he was talking to like that. Well he didn't know who he was talking to since Shezmu hadn't really told him anything about himself or his powers. Maybe it was an attempt to be funny on the part of the Architect.., Or maybe he was simply trying to insult. It wouldn't be surprising considering how some of the heroes heartbeats seem to elevate as he rattled on. They were just as annoyed with this guy as Shezmu was from just listening to him.

"Excuse me human, are you aiming to insult or is being a contemptuous coccydyniac simply your nature?" He responded after waiting for the Architect to finish talking. "Your peers may have voted on your leadership and all of that is nice and all and I'll help any way I can, but I refuse to tolerate being barked at like some dimwitted lackey. You will address me as Shezmu and as far as I am concerned, you can be either a respectable ally or you can quickly turn into my lunch, Now if you'll excuse me, I have injured to attend to.." He hissed before walking past the group and grabbed a bottle of water. "I don't think this is going to work…" He admitted to himself as he dropped a small red pill into the bottle and shook it. "Honestly, how does one plan to lead without treating people like they are his equal." He asked no-one in particular before taking a sip of the now crimson red drink. The iron taste of blood filling his mouth as he walked around asking if anyone else needed their wounds check.

Night Rider

Heroes wavered from supporting their self-appointed leader (Architect) to completely detesting his childlike demeanor and vocabulary. There was an obvious amount of intelligence in that brain of his, but it was relevant that his character was in question. Night Rider wasn't sure if he wanted such a disrespectful individual calling the shots, but at this point he seemed to be their best bet. No other hero appeared to want to take charge, so putting up with Architect's nonsense seemed to be their only option. What Daryl didn't see coming was the sudden backlash that the other heroes initiated. Every single one of them spoke up in accordance to their disrespectful nicknames. First Siren, then Hyperdrive, Burner, etc.

The children surrounding the young heroes were all questioning the team's ability to work together. Their success was challenged at this point, for how was a broken team of teenagers supposed to battle a super witch and save the world? They were frightened once again, forgetting the words of encouragement from previous heroes. But of course, let's lasso around back to Architect's attitude.

"I reckon you've got some dip snuff in that bazoo of yours partner. I know this ain't no gospel mill, but we've got chickabiddies here so you oughtta hobble your lip," Daryl started, watching down on the feud from the stairs. Watching Hyperdrive walk away was an indication that it was becoming more of a problem than it was supposed to be. These teenagers had short tempers and continuing to press on such petulance could break out a rodeo.

"You ain't no southern gentleman, but goings on with respect for these ladies now ya hear? They sure ain't no slewers," Daryl added, wanting complete respect for the two ladies on their team. If there was anything he learned from his mother it would have to be that lesson. You treat the ladies with utter respect - there was absolutely no other alternative.

Though now it was time to get back into the game plan and stop playing with emotions. "I am Night Rider. I can get that old scratch more lead poisoned than a man-trap full of lickspittle," Daryl commented, giving a certain grin under his bandanna. He wished to tilt his hat in reassurance, but he wasn't wearing one. Either way, making his way down the stairs the cowboy joined the other heroes.

"So......pray tell the next step of your plan."

Junak met Burner's stare. "It's no problem, I'll be fine," he said. A slight lie -- the burn was quite the inconvenience indeed -- but he didn't want to make light of the other heroes' injuries. At least no one was dead, right?

Wrong, as it turned out. Possibly so, anyway. As Architect began to outline a plan, Junak learned there was still one more of them left unaccounted for. He looked around, wracking his brain and trying to figure out who it was... the cyborg! The one who'd taken the brunt of one of Mercy's attacks and nearly disintegrated. So much for robotic implants helping you live longer, Junak thought bitterly. Those whitecoats had almost given some to him back in his lab days, something to increase his strength or some other nonsense, but he would have nothing to do with it. He didn't want to feel like even more of a freak.

"They don't have actual mass, no," Junak said, answering the first of Architect's questions. "But I can shape them to some extent." To demonstrate, he held up one of his front paws and created a small orb of light underneath it. Spinning his paw around, he was able to shape the sphere into a ring. "I can't do anything really specific, just simple shapes like this. I've used orbs to light up a room before. If I made it bright enough to blind somebody, though, it'd get hot enough to fry my fur off." The ring of light vanished into the air with a small gesture.

As Architect continued, Junak rolled his eyes at the jab but was quick to accept the smartass's terms. "You've got a deal," he said with a dry chuckle. "I can help Team B when I get back. We don't need three people moving some canisters. What comes next?"

He wasn't the only one feeling belittled by Architect's comments. If the situation worsened, Junak would have to step up and bring everyone back together.

Ryan Grey: The Architect, All according to keikkaku part 2: keikkaku rising, OR, I insult people when I'm scared.
@all

Ryan swallowed hard. He needed to focus, get his thoughts in order. Right now, he'd been keeping himself together with a cocky, no-fucks given attitude. In the current situation however, his current method of dealing with the world slowly being sucked up into a giant hole in the sky was clearly causing a rift between the group. He knew he wouldn't be able to hide his emotions behind his veneer of confidence for long. He couldn't say if he'd be able to keep himself together over telepathy, but he'd have to try. He also couldn't guarantee that he'd be able to hide...No, focus on something else. Focus on the act, the armor made from rude and disrespectful humor.

"You'll be burning up air inside the facility. There is breathing equipment that will give you three hours of air. If you need to be in there for that long, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it," @HellHoundWoof

"Now, buddy, you're not the first person who's wanted to eat me, to take me inside their mouth and savor my tastes, but please, there are children present, and now really isn't the time, all things considered,"
@Ko T'suno

He moved over to one of the tables, beginning to piece together a long-barreled rifle from the various components around. Looking the cowboy-themed hero dead in the eyes, he spoke with a nod, "Gesundheit," he said before returning to his work and beginning to relay the next stages of his plan. @-QT-

"Now, once I've got the body from that poor mecha-kid who's way more famous than me, I'll have gotten open the vault door, and I'll need you," he said, pointing at Siren, "To use your power to up the power on my sword so I can cut through that door. Sound is just vibration, so if you can control sound, you can boost my sword enough for me to weaken the structure of the door, then the Wicked Witch of Wet can blast it down. Once that's done, I'll need you to pilot the construction mech about ten feet to the elevator, which will bring it up to the garage. I'm going to see what I can do for the robot kid, maybe wake him up, maybe transfer his consciousness into an iphone or something, if his body is beyond easy repair," he said. If he was that far gone, he'd also be salvaging whatever weapons he had, since it wasn't like he'd be using them anymore.

"Once the vault door is open and the mech suit is in the garage, team A and B will need to be in position, which gives you guys at best around five minutes to make it to your target destinations. You're all super heroes, figure it out," he took a moment to click and slide two pieces of a thick metal pipe together. The rifle he was building for the cowboy would be too warped from overheating to fire more than three shots, and he'd have to account for the heat warping the barrel and chamber when he created the rounds and weighted the gun. "Now, once Team A has completed their duties, Team C and I will be in charge of luring Mercy over to the chemical plant, and pushing her into the airlock. Team A will be expected to open their side of the airlock. There'll be some air once she comes in, but it will be far to thin to breathe, let alone produce more than a single fireball. This should render her helpless, assuming her only power is fire-related. However, something about this is telling me she's got a bit more up her sleeve. If I'm wrong, and she's purely a pyrokinetic, than we've won. Team B will fire the second shot into her neck, delivering a nano-explosive payload with a detonator held by yours truly. I'm not going to detonate it, obviously, but she doesn't need to know that," he lied about the last part. His chemical compound was nothing more than food coloring. However, Mercy didn't know that, and if none of the others did, than in the event that she had some sort of mental magic, the only one she could glean that information from would be Ryan, who subscribed to the 'flood one's mind with more filler knowledge than Naruto has filler episodes' school of mental defense.

"I doubt it will be that simple. Assuming we don't automatically win, once she's in there, I'll need the dog to move in to about thirty feet above me, because that's where my flash grenade is going to detonate. This will also be a signal for you to fire the first shot on the canisters, which will create an incredible flash of light, which should serve as a substantial power boost. Team A, make sure to keep your backs to the window, I wouldn't want to risk the two of you being blinded," he stopped for a moment, his hands fluttering over the various mechanical bits and pieces, looking for something with which to make a stock for the gun.

"I'm not as worried about Mercy's eyesight though. Once she's blinded, I'm going to use the construction mech to smash open the east wall, causing all the air to rush in at once and smash her against the back wall. You two will get warned via telepathy, so grab on to something," he continued, attaching a makeshift stock to the gun, putting it in the cowboy-kid's hands before going about crafting the three rounds. "This will leave her wide open for an attack from Team C, and if possible, long range attacks from the human members of Team B. If not, well, that was what the lightshow was for. Once the wall breaks in, Team A and I will do what we can to keep Mercy distracted and off balance, and leave her open to attacks from Teams B and C. Burner, right? Sorry, I'm running out of fire jokes, do you think you can manipulate Mercy's flames? If you can, even a little, do what you can to pull her fire off target,"

He slipped the rounds into a hand-made magazine, slid it into the gun, locked it, and patted the cowboy on the shoulder.

"Alright gang, what are we waiting for? Let's go beat the crap out of a lady!" He exclaimed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ko T'suno
"I can do that," He said when Architect asked him about controlling Mercy's fire. Burner nodded and decided it was time to get to work. Burner, now fully assured of his role in plan, jogged to where he'd seen Hyperdrive walk off. He spotted the young hero on a bench eating a candy bar, he'd removed the wrappings that formed his mask. Burner coughed to draw attention to himself then looked at the guy dead on.

"Vamos a trabajar," Burner said before correcting himself back to English, "It's time to roll, me and you got the tough job."

He took a closer look at Hyperdrive and saw his eyes were slightly watery. Burner made the assumption that the hero had lost someone to Mercy's magic, maybe a parent or his mentor. Burner wasnt crying but he was certainly concerned for his grandmother and mentor. He sat next to the other hero and reached to put his hand on the heroes shoulder, then retracted it.

"Hey man, my grandma got sucked up... We're gonna get them back."

@Eon @Kurogane86

Status
Not open for further replies.