Initiation: A Story of Young Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as Junak was about to attempt countering Mercy's magical fireball, the cyborg jumped in front of him and took the brunt of the attack. Junak was suddenly surrounded in blue cinders whizzing past his fur and the cyborg's skin, both false and real as it turned out, was melting right off his bones and metallic frame. The stench of burning metal and hair assaulted Junak's nose. "Hey, wait-!" He started as the cyborg charged into battle merely a skeleton of his former self. "You can't..." He trailed off, watching his savior start destroying shadow beasts left and right despite clinging to what Junak could only assume was the last of his power and life force. All Junak could do was mutter, "I- I'm not just some animal..."

Despite his irritation at being treated like some helpless puppy, he still wanted to help his fellow hero. It was clear as day now that the cyborg was on their side. But unfortunately, he had bigger things to worry about. Mercy unleashed her second wave of minions, these ones looking far stronger than the shadow creatures they'd previously been handling just fine. And on top of that, there was a distracting beam of light glowing in the distance -- some sort of signal? -- and an abnormally loud woman let out a shrill scream somewhere else in the city. The noise made Junak wince. He almost missed the spandex guy talking to him. Fly up and bite her? A little crude for his tastes, but sure, he could try something like that...

Gritting his teeth and trying to ignore all the screaming citizens and growling demons and the sensory overload it was causing him, Junak nodded and flew up just in time to avoid one of the demons leaping at him. Another joined him in the skies -- why hadn't he heard it coming? -- and grabbed onto his hind legs, making him yelp and flip wildly in the air to shake the demon off. More and more of them were attacking him, all winged beasts that could actually reach him. Now starting to panic, Junak opened his mouth and fired a beam of light into the masses. To his surprise, the energy cut through the shadow demons like butter, making them screech in pain as they disintegrated.

Oh. Duh.

A smile crossed Junak's snout. He took a moment to scan the wall of blue fire before him and locate Mercy. She was right in the center of it all, of course, and Junak's pyrokinetic partner was racing right towards her, wreathed in flames of his own. Junak was eager to join the battle, so he set his course for Mercy, flying slowly this time and letting the shadow demons come to him. He obliterated them in chunks with his beams as he soared, like a dragon destroying a small town with its fire.

A few trays full of coffee cups hit the floor as Adam Andrews walks into to an eerie sight. He had left a few mins. Ago to get coffee for his dad and the rest of the cops on duty. When he returned, it was empty. He checked the cells, the back, the riot room, all the interigation rooms but nothing. "What's going on?" Suddenly the phones started ringing off the hook.

Adam was about to answer when his Guard issued communicator went off. He heard a call from some non guard hero named Architect. "This is Junior Hero Hyperdrive. I copy that Architect. I'll initiate the emergency broadcast protocol. The safe area will be the galaxy sciences center. I'll be headed out into the fray soon enough." Adam made his way to the station computer, he plugged his communicator in logged into the Guard portal. He figured if all the adults in the station were gone most likely all the heroes were too. He logged in and initiated the emergency protocol initiative. All computers, T.V's, smart phones, game systems etc. We're hyjacked.

Adam quickly pulled on his mask and hood which he had on under his street clothes. He was wearing a custom made kevlar suit. It was a sleevless hoody mostly black with dark purple and red trim, he wore a loose fitting pair of basketball shorts. The light turned on and Adam's face was on everyone's devices. "Attention civilians! There is an emergency. All adults have disappeared. We ask all the capable children to please help anyone smaller than them help get them to the galaxy science center for safe haven." Adam took a deep breath. "I know things look dark but know that you still have heroes out here." Adam's eyes started glowing a bright purple color. "And we're strong. We will fight....we will win."

Adam pressed a button and the message continued to play on a loop. He stood up and picked his communicator. "This is Guard Junior Hero Hyperdrive. I'm on my way." Hyperdrive got out to the middle of the street, his eyes glowing bright purple. Inside his body his metabolism kicked into overdrive. His legs glowed for a second then Adam took off running. He was currently running around 40mph he was pushing the limist of his powers trying to make it to the scene.

Hyperdrive arrived to what looked like a huge fire wall. "What in the?" He looked around for a solution, sending the energy to his brain. His brain was firing on all syapsis, he instantly gained 30 points on his intelligence, although losing his speed. "Ok, seems this isn't ordinary fire, it's magic fire. I can't stand up to magic fire at all. I need a way in." Ad looked around and saw an abandoned car. "I got an idea." Adam transfered the power to his legs again this time for muscle. He kicked the car into the flame. He then waited for the explosion.

The car caught fire then suddenly "BOOOM" Adam took the brief moment when the explosion ate up the oxygen in the area, stopping the black flames for a moment, to dive through a hole in the magic fire wall. He stood up to see the villaness Mercy fighting a bunch of teen heroes. Adam cleared his throat demanding attention. "Attention Villain. You are in violation of the Guard regulation 10 subsection a. Which states no being shall abduct any citizen of this town. Now come quietly or prepare to be defeated."

@Eon @-QT-

Reactions: Moogle-Girl
Night Rider - Cowboy Drama
@beautie @Eon

"Woah now Buckle Bunny, let's not get fuddled up now. I think we doin' alright!" Night Rider exclaimed positively - an honest smirk under his red bandanna. He even went as far as to give her the thumbs up, admiring her call for help. He acted as though the situation wasn't as dangerous as it truly was - all merely to calm the girl down because she looked rather perturbed. That's when his cell phone started to emit a broadcast from young hero Architect and a repeated version from Hyperdrive. Daryl wasn't much for technology so he stared at the flip phone cluelessly.

"Darn tech-savvy folk," he cursed aloud, pressing buttons on his phone in attempt to stop it from making noise. Without success the next step was simple. Daryl tossed the phone to the ground and it split in two, sending half of it one way and the other half the opposite direction. The noises stopped, successfully completing his mission at hand. Nodding once, Daryl self-assured himself that his actions were reasonable. As he turned back to Magiya, he raise his thumb up once more to assure her for a second time that things were perfect.

"Were A-OK," he said simply, now turning his attention to the large firewall and the noises that projected around the city. "I think the circle planet center thang is catty-cornered right off the big bull statue in front of that sandwich restaurant. The one with the chitterlings, you been there before? Real good doings they got down there, mmmmmhh."

"Anyway, you ought to duck," he rushed out of his mouth as he pulled his right pistol out his holster and fired a beaming bullet right passed her face. The non-conventional round shot straight through a flying shadow demon that continued its pursuit towards the two heroes. "Let's party."

Pulling out his other revolver, Night Rider began his enjoyment - firing rounds one after the other with absolutely zero precision. Bullets were no issue as his weapon produced its own through chemical energy. Daryl still had no figured out exactly how the damn things worked, he just knew that no matter how many times he pulled the trigger, he'd fire something. The sound of his firing had apparently attracted more of those flying things as they started coming out of the fire inflamed - not fat, but legitimately on fire. "Oh snaps!"

"You best get on that broom thingy, we gotta go!" Dayl yelled out, running down the street as he was being chased. The plan now was to unite with this Architecture guy and get a game plan together to defeat Mercy. That is if the two heroes could get there without dying.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a vexing smile, Mercy taunted Burner to rush faster towards her. She watched the young flame boy pick up speed as his fire light brighter and brighter. "That's it, unleash your power," she said quietly to herself, allowing her knees to become loose and her body to lean at the hips. Taking an offensive stance, she prepared to the sudden strike. Seeing his moves fluently and slower than they actually were, the dark magician was able to catch his limbs and hold him still. His attack had no succeeded as her strength power in no question at another level. Then the taunts continued as she leaned into him, coming face to face with her current adversary.

"Is that all you've got son?" she said simply, sucking away at his life source - his flames - and not wanting the boy to give her more than he had just showed. Throwing him back a few feet she glided at a slow pace around the battlefield. Raising a hand to stop the beast army from attacking the heroes at hand. This halting action gave Hyperdrive the entrance he seemingly desired, spotlit and attentive. Mercy covered her laughter away under her hand, listening to the kid's little speech. It was cute to her how much desire these teens possessed to be the Guard. She was certain some of them - like Hyperdrive - worked with the veteran heroes, but some of the others had never even entered the big leagues yet. They were facing an enemy unlike any other - one that would not go easy on them simply because of their age.

As they all gathered before her, the shadow forced behind her departed towards the fire wall. These hundred-plus beings lit on fire upon their exit into the city aiming to cause more destruction as Mercy awaited her void to shut. Once it did, The Guard of Aerial would forever be lost and nothing would stand in her way. She would execute Ragnarok's plan of world domination.

Mercy's eyes fixed on one individual character after the other. The cyborg, the flying dog, the burning boy, the loud girl and the announcer. The evil woman couldn't hold her excitement as she understood that despite being outnumbered, her magic was beyond their level of understanding. It wouldn't be as simple as pouring water on her or shinning light over her head. Mercy was a monster, a envious creature that fancied power and strength. She aimed to please her leader/god and would shed the blood of everyone in Aerial to do so.

"Now, who wishes to die first? Is it you animal? Do you feel pain like a human? Or maybe it is you, scaring away my pets with your loud screams. Do you talk to you mother with that mouth?," she taunted Junak and Siren. "Maybe the robot wants to end his misery, not being able emote like all of you folk. I bet he feels alone. Guard? Do you aspire to be one of them?" she asked Hyperdrive with sarcasm. "You are too weak. I can already tell."

"Or maybe it is you fire boy? But I cannot kill you. You are too precious," Mercy smiled demonically, using her hands to motion them to attack.

Burner was held with his arms out to his sides before he understood what had happened. He was bewildered by the fact that Mercy was so fast and had disarmed him so smoothly. Burner felt his fire seeping away from him, the flames that were coating his body receded and died. She said something to him that he felt some familiar feeling, he was reminded of his grandmother and wanted to fight back but was being drained. She tossed him aside as if he were chopped liver and he landed on his side. He put a palm to the ground and tried to push himself up but fell short in his strength.

"I'll show you what I've got..." He said forcing himself onto an elbow and raising his head before falling again to the dirt, he could barely keep himself awake. He looked up at Mercy as she glided around the battle, some part of him wanted to just lay there and sleep. He saw the shadow beings walk off further into the city. He pushed himself up on his elbows then pulled his legs in so that his knees were under him. He slowly began to push himself to a kneeling position, then with a swift motion he stood entirely. He mustered the strength to burn a small fire in his hands, it was not impressive but it was better than nothing. He looked to his allies and let out a sigh, he knew they wouldnt be enough. None of them would be enough.

"We need someone to get a plan together..." Burner shouted towards the other young heroes, "We cant let that portal close, if we do then Pyra, Templar, and all the other heroes are hasta la bye bye. So are all the adults..."

He knew they knew the situation, but he was hoping his reminder would set someone in a train of thought. Something that could defeat the witch that now floated before them. He knew she was taunting them too and she knew she could get away with it. Burner wasnt even sure if they all attacked at once that they'd even be able to stun her. He felt his fire coming back to him and let it burn brighter, he wasnt at full strength but he could fight.

"I'm open to anything at this point amigos," He said raising his hands and preparing to go on the offensive, if anyone here jumped he would jump with them.

DVYqmuP.png

@-QT- @Eon
Magiya was not sure at all what this man was talking about... He just called her a 'Buckle Bunny'. What did that even mean? She stared up at his triumphant for no good reason expression, confused at how nonchalant he was. This was the end of Aerial City. Mercy had sucked up The Guard and is stripping the adults from the ground, leaving minors to their own devices and letting all the younger superheroes run to their aid frantically. Those children are completely defenseless against these shadow demons, who's claws doesn't have an age limit on them! Why was he so calm? How? Her shoulders dropped for a second. If he was trying to calm her down from freaking out completely and sucking her thumb from her anxiety, he did it. Magiya batted her eyes for a moment, surprised at her tension decreasing. "I... I agree. I too believe we are 'do-ing al-right." She admitted. Yeah! She could've gotten eaten by that gross big shadow dog, but she totally wiped the floor with his butt. A little clumsily, but where was he? In the cold hard ground! She forgot about the others trapped within the flame with the most powerful magician in existence, but, it's for the best that she doesn't remember.

Magiya blinked at the item in his hand, cheeks turning pink as she realized that he had a flip phone. It was endearing, sort of. She listened intently to the message from The Architect, a fellow junior hero whom she remembered for having a rather pretty vocabulary and having a mind that she envied since the day she heard about him. He, however, didn't calm her rambling down like the strange southern man next to her at all. Thanks, friend. A voice that she recognized as Hyperdrive's was the one to give the 'k' to his message and that was it. Magiya looked up, lifting a hand to her mouth to shield her wide grin at his puzzled nature. "Oh, just turn it o..." She reached out for a moment but batted her widened eyes as he raised the phone and smashed it, the frequencies dying out as it snapped into halves. "Eh?" She squeaked in confusion as he turned to her and gave her a bright thumbs up like he just saved the world. Magiya almost erupted into laughter at him, he was too funny?

"Galaxy Sciences Center?" She said gently as he rambled off. What was he saying? Catty-cornered? Chitterlings? "Um, I'm afraid have not been to Chi-tter-ling restaurant." Magiya was confused as he jumped up to pull out a pistol, causing her and jump out his way as he shot recklessly at those familiar winged demons. She could only watch with awe, where did all that ammo come from? He really didn't seem too worried about it, at all, the way he aimed. However, it seemed the gunshots attracted more demons coming from within that deathtrap of a fire circle. Magiya was already ready with her stars, but her new friend didn't have the same idea as she did. "E-Ehhh!?" She said, watching him dash off. "I thought we were going to fight- Hey!" She ran to her wand and jumped on it, shooting over to Night Rider and waiting for him to jump on before they flew off. Magiya ducked down low as she tried to stay a bit careful since she never really has had another person riding on her wand with her. "You should probably shoot them!" She referred to the demons flying behind them persistently. Magiya focused on the air in front of them, dodging signs and what else, swerving past buildings and hovering at a high speed over the empty streets. With enough speed, she was able to shake off some of them using very sharp hair pin turns to make them run into buildings or into poles.

Magiya soon enough arrived at the famous Galaxy Sciences Center, the streets were empty and cars scattered about, it looked like an early apocalypse setting before everything deteriorates. She always wanted to go to this museum for obvious reasons, she's fascinated with space and science. She did not plan to go here under these circumstances, but hell. Get in there for free.

She smoothly landed the wand and gently waited for her friend to get off before the wand reverted to its original size and floated by her side. "I am..." She stopped for a moment, shyly. She can't believe she's introducing herself after this. "I am Magiya. Veatricia. It is pleasure to get chance to meet another hero." She said as she walked with him up the many stairs. The museum was grand, eye-catching in front of her.

Zero took a moment to compose himself. He looked at the woman who just saved her. She was able to take out the beast fairly well. She must be a hero too. He was glad that he at least had some back up he saw that there were some teens looting the streets. He walked over to them leaving his savior behind.

"Hey if you haven't noticed the world is going to sit and most of the people who could save us just went into the sky. That leaves just a few heroes left and our odds are slim at best. Now you have a two options. Continue be selfish assholes and steal till you die, or you can do something important with your life."

The looters were silent in this display of force. They continued to listen to this stranger. He took their silence as compliance. "OK so this is what you do. You need to get as many of the older kids and bring them to the police station and get guns, riot gear, anything useful and take back the streets from these monsters and keep the kids safe. We can only do so much now. It's time to take city back."

The looters nodded and agreed as they made their way to the police station. It seemed that others has a similar idea as there was a volunteer task force being organized. Zero helped himself to some of the weapons and ammo before he made his way back to Isabella.

Zero looked at her. "OK so we need to make our way to the heart of this fight. By the looks of it we need to head north."

Zero looked to find that a motorcycle was left unattended. Zero went over to the motorcycle and started it up and began to drive to the edge of town where the monsters were beginning their march into the city. "Oh crap."

The Architect: Out of his league.
@-QT- @HellHoundWoof @Kurogane86

Ryan heard his impromptu comrades over the radio, glaring thoughtfully at the portal that was shrinking in the skies above, "I...I might have a way to keep it open. If not, I could definitely find a workaround, given enough time. If you guys can buy me around..." he paused, using his bionic eye to scan the Galaxy Science Center's digital logs of the various materials and items stored here, "Ten minutes, I can put together something that'll keep portal open for at least a little while longer," he said, attempting to swallow but finding his throat too dry. He was terrified, plain and simple. No, that wasn't right. Terrified was how he felt every time he had to save hostages from people like Gunsmoke and his goons, or monsters like...Whatever Slaughterhouse was. This was something else entirely. Events like this were way, way above his pay grade. Or they would be, if he got paid at all. Regardless, he couldn't let that stop him. He was a hero, after all. While he wanted nothing more than to turn and run from a situation like this, if the heroes ran away, who would stay and fight?

"If you aren't confident that you can go toe-to-toe with...Do we have a name for whatever jackwad's sucking up the city into their massive hole? Anyway, if you aren't confident you can handle the hungry hungry hippo, start bringing civilians back to the Galaxy Science Center. They've got some basic built-in defenses, in addition to some robotic security. I'm going to see if I can get the power back on here as I start building the "Keep-the-giant-hole-between-dimensions-open-a-little-longer. The name is pending," he said, moving through the facility and grabbing various pieces of electronics, chemical equipment, and a couple of phones that had been left behind as he made his way to a switchbox. He'd glimpsed it briefly when he'd checked out the battlefield and lured off a horde of the shadow beasts away from the main fighting, but the portal was vibrating atoms to a frequency that was significantly slower than that of this world, and in tune with another dimension. As it slowly shrunk to a close, less and less atoms were vibrating. His plan was to create a device that would amplify those vibrations, keeping the portal open for longer. It wasn't the easiest solution, but the thought of using magic again made him throw up in his mouth.

Pulling open the cover of the switchbox with the hand that wasn't carrying various pieces of equipment and flipped a few levers, causing electricity to flow back into the building with a hum. He went through a brief moment of disorientation during the sudden switch from dark to light, but then continued on his way, placing his gathered resources on a table and beginning to work, taking apart various things such as cellphones, small prototype generators, conductors, and mixing various chemical compounds to produce his desired results. For a normal scientist, something like this would take years to create, for Ryan, minutes. His vastly improved thinking speed and scientific knowledge allowed him to easily simulate various results in his head, blasting through what could be years of testing in moments. It took around five minutes to get the device together, leaving him with three to get the security system online, and two to get over to the action. He moved over to a small booth by the entrance, clearly labeled "Security" in bold, angular text. Inside was a console with various buttons and a couple of levers, which Ryan pulled in order and initiated the shelter protocols, allowing anyone who passed a simple biometric scan to enter the building safely, but those showing hostile intent or determined as nonhuman would be forced out by the automated security systems.

"Alright, boom. GSC is presently secure, automated defenses are online and I've got a sweet toy to keep open that little shit's massive dimensional hole," he said over the radio, grappling onto a street-lamp and swinging off towards the conflict, directing all of the numerous abandoned children to the Science Center, and making sure to slice apart what monsters he could along the way. He grappled up to the top of a building overlooking the conflict, and readied a shot from his thermal cannon as he observed the battlefield, "Damn, she's almost as ugly as my mother," he said over the radio, "Oh, and I've got a clean shot to the portal from here. Do we have any guarantee that we'll be able to pull anyone out of there in the time we have?" he asked, "We might have better luck closing the portal as fast as possible to minimize losses, kicking her ass into next week, and then just re-opening the portal tomorrow and heading in to bring people out,"

@-QT-
Isabella looked on as he saw zero confront the looters and instruct them on their errors and what they could do for the city. It was a little inspiring to see them be willing to work together. When zero returned she gave him a nod. "OK let's go and see what we can do."

Isabella followed zero along his bath until they reached just outside of ground zero as the beasts began to enter the city. She stood thereally with Zero as she knew what she needed to do. She saw how he would inject himself and use some ice powers to try to extinguish the flames before shooting at them.

Isabella was scared out of her mind when she heard the amulet speak to her to just let it have power over her. That it could save everyone. Isabella shook her head in defiance as she saw that there were others from the police station with guns ready to help Zero help fight the beasts entering the city.

Isabella flew down and began to attack some of the beasts that were trying to get deeper into the town. She didn't know how long they would last. She could see the other heroes and what she could assume be the villain in the distance. Hopefully they could see that she and zero were doing damage control with a volunteer militia of teenagers.

Hyperdrive
Located underneath portal fighting villaness Mercy. Interacting with
@HellHoundWoof @Moogle-Girl
@Wolverbells @Kurogane86 @Sasha Bliss @-QT- @Eon

Hyperdrive didn't care for the villains taunts. "Fine if that's how you want things I will forgo the rights and continue to apprehend you." Mercy called out to the other heroes Hyperdrive sent his energy to his brain to start coming up with a solution. His eyes the whole head glowed purple.

It was as if everything slowed down, Adam was able to take in the information he saw.

Villains name -Mercy
Powers -Dark magic/summoning
Motive- defeat all heroes to bring about Ragnaroc.
Current situation- all adult heroes sucked into an alternate dimension leaving only teen heroes and a super dog. Portal is closing soon, which will a. Bring about the destruction of the city, b. The end of the Guard and all other adults, c. End of the world.
Allies- Team A. Dog hero- capable of flight, energy beams, super strength. Cyborg-fire power, super strength, indestructable. Fire user- can create and manipulate flames. Side note Mercy seems to draw her strength from his flames. And himself.
Team B. Currently holding off monsters in the city. Powers unknown
Team C. Collecting civilians in a safe environment, working on a way to keep the portal open. Powers unknown.

Hyperdrive decided that the best course of action would be to first seperate the fire hero from Mercy, he seems to just make her stronger. Then they will continue with the onslaught on Mercy while the fire user watches their backs like a sniper.

Hyperdrive redistributed the energy into his legs running over to Burner. "Can you continue? I have an idea....sort of." Hyperdrive saw shadow monsters surround them he looked around. "I need you away from Mercy, she's drawing energy from you. I need you somewhere out of her reach. Hold on!" Hyperdrive grabbed Burner and distributed the energy in his body first to his legs then slowly up his body to his arms allowing him to throw Burner up over the flames onto a nearby building overlooking the scene.

Hyperdrive was now surrounded by beasts. He transferred the energy into his legs and jumped up high. Transferring the energy into his arms he fell back down striking one of the monsters with all of his strength. He then continued to transfer energy all through out his body. Striking one monster in the face with his glowing fist, another with his glowing elbow.

He had to call out to the others to tell them of his plan. He called out to the dog, the cyborg and whoever else was there "We need to attack together. Keep Mercy guessing. All of her magic takes time to cast, she needs to recite her incantations. If we can keep her on the defensive she won't have time to fight back."

Suddenly, Mercy gestured at the shadow demons, and they all stopped attacking at once. Finally given up, had she? Couldn't stand to see Junak obliterating her forces? Those thoughts were quickly dashed when the demons ran through the fire wall and into the city, now leaving a trail of destructive flames in their wake. Junak considered chasing after them now that he knew the strength he held over them, but Mercy's taunts got his attention much better.

"Don't call me an animal!" Junak roared. Enough getting sidetracked; it was time to take down the head honcho. Burner was right, though. They did need a plan. He didn't have a Guard communicator with which to hear the Architect, but he could still reason that taking down Mercy might lead to the re-opening of the vortex that was sucking up all the adults. Thankfully one of the other heroes, a guy with bandages covering most of his face, started calling out to the rest of them. "Sounds good!" he said to the bandages guy. "We should keep our distances, too! You saw what she did to the pyrokinetic! If you don't have a ranged attack, better start throwing stuff!"

With that, Junak began flying in a wide arc around Mercy, firing a constant stream of energy at her head as he went. If he could divert her defenses to her other side, the rest of the heroes could form a pincer attack to stun her.

• Love
Reactions: Kurogane86
"What" Shezmu couldn't believe what he was hearing. "How am I supposed to find this magician?" He asked as he held on to Enkidu's hand, trying his hardest to pull his master back down to earth. "What's going on!!" He bellowed a hint of sadness choking his words as his grip slowly slipped from his master's hand. "Listen Ollie, I will need you to stop doubting yourself. Pay attention, humans are tricky and unpredictable but you must Help them save their home and do not worry about me, I will be fine." A calm Enkidu replied as he dragged Shezmu into the air with him and held him close in a warm embrace. "Stay calm stay focused my son. I'll get you as close as I can. From there you're on your own, now get ready." Enkidu whispered as he saw that they were nearing the opening of the portal. "Stay focused." Enkidu added as a small portal formed beneath him and Shezmu. "Now go." Enkidu finished as he tossed Shezmu and his Grimoire down into the portal he had made. "Let's hope I'm going somewhere nice…" Enkidu chuckled as he was taken into the large portal in the sky.

=================

""Falling sucks!!" he bellowed as he tell from Enkidu and passed through the portals threshold and landed on the street with a soft thud. "Nailed it." He congratulated himself proudly just moments before Enkidu's Grimoire dropped from the portal and slammed into the top of Shezmu's head with a stern smack before it fell and landed in Shezmu's hands. "Focus" he heard Enkidu voice repeat in his head. "Thanks for the reminder.." Shezmu thought to himself as he manipulated his clothing to house the Grimoire at his hip. Listening he could hear the thunderous sound of hundreds of footstep marching in unison behind him."Far too many for me to defeat..but maybe I can slow them down.." He thought to himself as he pierced the flesh on the ball of his palms with his fingernails. The blood pooling in his palms as he raised his right arm and manipulated it into the shape of a short-bow. "Focus." Shezmu repeated as he drew the bow string back to his left cheek and took a deep breath. A long crimson arrow forming as he took aim, listening for heartbeats. Yet there were none least not among the army of footsteps he was focusing on.

"Can't be, unless...magical constructs..shit."

He muttered aloud as he focused on the front of the advancing horde. If he could at least take out some of their numbers, maybe just maybe reinforcements could make it in time to save them. "Focus" He repeated again as he listened for any signs of life around him. There were heartbeats in the houses to his left and to his right, fluttering like the sound of sparrows midflight. They were scared, as was he but unlike him these heartbeats has never seen combat. Pondering on his choice of action he sighed. If Enkidu was here he would of taken care of this army and sent Shezmu to rescue the civilians, but he wasn't here and now for the time being Shezmu would have to figure out how to make it on his own.

"Uhg!!" He cried out, frustrated by the turn of events. They had came here simply to track down some magician and that was all. Now Enkidu was trapped in some unknown realm leaving what, Shezmu to contend with an army and an evil magician all on his own. As doubt clouded his mind and his bow began to waiver from the lack of concentration a loud roar pulled him from his thoughts and reminded him of his mission. "The hells." he whispered as the earth trembled beneath him and the sound of a large beast galloped towards him. A pair from the sounds of the heartbeats a rider and a mount racing in unison as the rider drew his spear. They were getting closer no further then down the block. "Fuck.." Was all he thought as He released his first arrow as what felt like an eternity passed and Shezmu listened as the arrow cried out it whistling piercing the once calm skies. Its cry lasting for but a second before it met its target and the sound of a body dropping to the ground confirmed he had taken down the rider. Yet that left the mount and from the sounds,of its gallop he could tell he would not be able to kill it with a single arrow. No this would take a great amount of force that he could not generate, but the charging beast could.

Dropping to a knee he placed his bow on the ground and listened for a moment as the beast thundered its way towards him. He would have to time this right, otherwise he could end up trampled to death. Exhaling he waited, as the beast closed in on him He smirked and rolled out of the way leaving his bow. As the beast head past his shoulder he altered the bow into a short spear and used the momentum of its charge to pierced through the monsters juggler. Snapping the spear the beast ran further past him causing Shezmu to turn to make sure he had taken down the beast. He pulled more blood from his body forming it into a boar hunting spear he waited ready for the beast to defy the odds and charge at him again.

Listening as the beast came to a roundabout and huffed as though defiant of the mortal blow, Shezmu was awe struck. How could anything survive having a spear lodged in its throat. "Lodged, of course." He thought a loud as the beast readied itself to charge at the young crimson clad warrior. Praying that his hypothesis was correct, Shezmu quickly used his control over his blood and pulled the spear from within the beast's neck to the earth below. The sound of metal hitting rock and blood rushing to the opening signaled that he had indeed been correct, and as the beast charged forward he relaxed a bit. It would not take long now for the beast to fall, but it was taking too long the beast had already covered a quarter of its distance and didn't appear to be slowing down. As suspense chewed at his concentration and doubt began to creep it's way into his mind. He noticed it, the beast began to slow down as it reached the limits of how much more it could lose. Its adrenaline rush had caused it bleed faster than Shezmu had accounted for. The beast ran on, defiant of death and her call, its front knees buckled resulting in the beast to fall and slid to Shezmu's forefoot. Death would not stand for defiance, submitting to the inevitable the beast let out a blood chilling call before death finally took her prize.

Sheer relief ran through him as he exhaled a dropped his shoulders and spear. "Thank the gods." He whispered to himself, but like all good things his moment died as a second scream rang out. This one came from inside the store he standing In front of and the sounds of a struggle soon followed.

"They sound like they could use some help..but what about that army." He asked half expecting Enkidu to tell him to tend to the ensuing conflict in the store. "That's right on my own…" he muttered as his spear de-solidified and returned to his veins. He needed to come up with some sort of plan if he was to survive and solve this, but it would have to wait as he raced to the store, his blood exiting his right hand to form a pair of throwing knives. Upon entering the store he found a pair of young children blocked in the corner by what sounded like a Burning Man that turned and faced the intruder before rushing towards him. Diving under the strange entity he listened yet there was no heartbeat. Just like the army of footsteps he had heard earlier. Sliding into a roll he stopped in front if the kids and hurled one of the knives at the entities head before dropping into a low knife fighting stance. The sound of his knife hitting a solid form and then dropping to the wooden floor of the store had him worried for a moment before a familiar sound answered his question.

"Shadow constructs?" He questioned as he stood up and summoned the knife back to his hand.

"Are the two of you all right? " He questioned as he turned to the pair of children. "We're fine." Came a boys shaky response. "Alright, let's go, oh by the way my name is Shezmu, what's yours?" He replied as he knelt down and smiled at the pair. "Jake and this is my brother Ryne." Jake returned, his heartbeat slowing down a bit. "Nice to meet you, let's go before any more of those things show up." Shezmu responded as he turned and left the store with Jake and Ryne in tow close behind him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Burner looked at the guy next to him, he was slightly taller than Burner and when he grabbed him it unnerved the pyrokenetic. Burner started to talk but felt the man dragging on him then instantly Burner was flung over the wall of flame towards a nearby building's roof. The throw had caused Burner some discomfort and it certainly didnt allow him to gain his balance. He let out a few puffs of flame to put himself upright before he landed on the building. The man had mentioned a plan, then kicked Burner from the battle. The young hero was very much in a huff about being ejected by some guy wearing basketball shorts.

"Who just throws somebody?" Burner said angrily, but his fire had come back in full. He was ready for more action. He looked down at the ground and spotted the many shadow's moving around causing random destruction.

"Fine, guess if I cant beat Mercy I can take out her underlings..." Burner began forming very large fireballs and hurling them from his rooftop perch. He aimed most at the ground below where the shadows were spreading from, and on occasion he threw one high in order to strike the large winged beasts above. He put his hands out at his sides and aimed them up, he pushed much of his fire out of his body and stood like a stark beacon in the night sky. His objective was to draw the attention of the shadow creatures, if they could be contained then it would mean more of the other heroes could take on Mercy. What she did to him still scared him, he was worried about her stealing his fire permanently. No one he'd ever met had been able to just drain him, it was a terrifying thought.

"Bring it!" Burner shouted as he saw several shadows flying towards him. He raised his hands towards the several flying targets and let out something similar to a flame thrower.

Ariyah - Dormant Power
The teenager had stood frozen in fear for too long. Mercy, who's name she had just learned of from one of the other teenagers running around, had singled her out along with a couple of others. Ariyah stared in disbelief as the blue, fiery, demon-woman called her by a name that she rarely used. Siren. She had one up with it as an inside joke to herself because of her abilities.

Her fear lasted for what seemed to be a fraction of a second though as Mercy taunted her furthermore. She brought up Ariyah's mother, whom she had been looking for from the start. The anger rose inside of her, feeling as if it were a liquid pouring into every inch of her body. She could feel her blood pulsating from within, but she could also feel something else pulsating. The more she focused on it, the more she felt it. Rather than a pulse, it was more of a gushing, and the noise drew her senses in as she stood her place, glaring at Mercy who was up in the air.

It was not fair that everyone else was being able to get to the demon-woman, and here she was, on the ground without being able to help much.

The thought of it fueled her anger even more, which caused the gushing sound to get louder in her ears. She noted that the feeling of her blood pulsating now was the same rhythm as the gushing sound of a liquid near by. It wasn't until Mercy began taunting the others and cackling that Ariyah's own anger rose to a peak and she finally pinpointed where her senses were becoming attuned to. There was a fire hydrant to her right, just behind a yellow car which she had not seen up until now. The water from within the pipes had began to flow faster and faster as Ariyah's newly found ability came to surface. The teenager turned her blue eyes towards the area of which she could feel the energy of the water, and with the a coincidental lift of a hand, water suddenly burst from the fire hydrant and shot at an alarming speed at Mercy. Ariyah's mouth dropped open as she realized what exactly was happening, and almost immediately after hitting its target, the jet of water stopped and turned into a nonstop fountain back by its source.

"Crap..." the Siren's voice was quiet as she realized that if she had indeed hit Mercy, she would probably become the next big target. With that in mind, Ariyah began to move quickly to hide near the fire hydrant. If her once-dormant-power had worked, she would need to stay near by running water to try and use it once more.

Night Rider - Fight the fight
@beautie @Eon

It had been merciless of the western hero to leave his dear motorcycle behind, but it was necessary. Evil, but necessary. It pooled his head with regret and sorrow, becoming a saddened cowboy as he flew in the sky for the very first time - an Aerial City native. Having yet to realize his feet dangled through the air, Night Rider held his chin firmly to his chest and played with his little guns. He puffed with the knowledge that his bike was now gone and he had to get back to reality, but when he did, oh boy did his entire life change.

"Crimany doughgods, what the-" he shouted, exclaiming his sudden surprise of being fifty-plus feet off the ground.

"I'm all beer and skittles up here darlin'. All overish!" he said to Magiya as the approached the Galaxy Science Center (GSC). As soon as the two were close enough to the ground, the southern fellow hopped off the bandwagon - the flying broom - and stood shakily, bent over at the hips and ready to puke all over his fancy red bandanna. "I'm fist to be airin' the paunch up in here, oh good heavens. So much dander in my stomach, I don't feel too fluffy," Daryl stated, rushing to the side of the building and unleashing the wrath of the 'chitterlings'.

Fortunately, the bandanna came out unscathed. For a third or fourth or fifth time - whatever time this was - Daryl raised his thumb to inform Magiya that everything was alright. Then of course, the appearance of flying flaming shadow beasts contradicted his physical gesture. "Get a wiggle on now lil lady, go in there find that Architect fella! I got this!" again the thumbs up. With that, it was time to show off for the pretty lady. Night Rider rushed forward with both revolvers in hand and started to unload on the gliding demons - this time with near perfect precision. Most bullets were aimed for the heads, others for the animal's wings. Despite being shot down to earth, these shadows appeared to evolve or transform into whatever form benefit them the best. So now, they no longer had wings but merged into some dog-like brutes - rushing forward on four legs and at amazing speeds.

"C'mon you shruncher, show me what you've got," Daryl teased as he took cover and started to fire shots back to back. His mission was to hold out until Magiya and Architect could do whatever they needed to get done. Architect seemed to have had a plan so Daryl truly hoped it would work, that their efforts weren't for nothing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mercy listened to the kids go about, making plans, strategizing, but all in front of her - complete disclosure. With her inhuman abilities, she could even hear the young Guard boy's transmitter. Listening in on the her called Architect, she smirked with the knowledge of his attempt to stop and/or open the portal. "Science.....a fools strength," she murmured to herself, enjoying their inability to cope with the unfolding events.

Then Guard Boy (Hyperdrive) proposed they all strike at once - again most likely not realizing she could hear what they were saying. Either way, Mercy was not worried. The flames surrounding all of them were still burning brightly, the portal closing, the city soon in ruins by the militia of shadow beasts. Mercy could sense victory, all she needed was for time to move faster - an ability she did not posses. All of a sudden her grin went away when Hyperdrive threw Burner away without notice. She watched the boy get flung over the flames and then vanish. Mercy showed a miniature sign of frustration upon watching the boy leave, but her non-caring and charismatic characteristic quickly blemished again.

The teens then put their plan to action, starting with the flying dog. The canine started flying circles around Mercy, shooting these light beams at her from all direction. Each one was blocked by Mercy's flames - all cast from her hands. "Do not test me dog!" she yelled at Junak, but all with the playful smile of a Cheshire cat. She taunted the animal a bit by firing rays of fire from her fingertips, all missing, but very close to the superhero. She begged him to bark for her in attempt to get in his head. "Bark for me, Bark for me puppy!" she'd call out, blocking and firing back with her poised blue flames. When boredum struck, Mercy finally decided to fire a large fire ball that would most likely not miss. She again failed to give it all she had and would hit Junak near the back legs - aiming to have him crash again the ground.

Looking around she noticed their numbers were becoming dim. "You all are losing this battle. Soon enough all of you will surrended no? Look at yourselves, you are all tired. You know you cannot beat me. You know I am a goddess! Bow before me and I will spare your lives. The cyborg here is done. Fire child has left. Your pet's attacks do nothing!! And you guard just sit there and call out orders. Are you not tough enough to fight me yourself. You appear to be the leader, but you also appear to be to weak for the position. Show me what you've got," Mercy insulted, tormenting the poor hero with heckled statements and ridicule lies.

"C'mon. Just try why don't yo-" she almost finished before a large wave of water streamed in her direction. One of her eyebrows raised as he put both hands before her to block the attack. The girl Siren appeared to have stepped up and unleashed one of her signature abilities - water manipulation. The water though had not change state, density or mass - it simply altered its velocity to move faster. Striking against her body, Mercy's radiating heat caused the water to convert into steam, generating a white fog that spread throughout the arena. Visibility had become impaired for those without excellent eyesight. Mercy hid within the mist as she sensed the culprit rush towards hiding.

Mercy - Now

.................But hiding near a broken red fireplug was of no use as Mercy glided through the flash of steam and met Ariyah face to face. A dark aura surrounded her as her teeth shone brightly from her menacing grin. With eyes locked onto her new target - a realization Ariyah (Siren) had made - Mercy raised her left hand and swung it at her at unbelievable speed. Striking her across the face with an open palm, the force would cause Siren to come off the ground and crash against the nearby building. Her physical strength was beyond imagination, showing dominance over her current enemies.

Again her laughter started to reverberate through the battle ground. The sound was becoming so repetitive that all of the young heroes should have become irritated by now. She did not care though, her mission was to make their world hell and she was succeeding. The portal was almost completely closed and the kids still stood no chance of beating her - Ragnarok would be proud. "Your numbers are down to two," she stated, counting Hyperdrive and Junak the only heroes left to do battle. It was imperative that they win, Aerial City and the world were counting on them.

• Love
@-QT- @Moogle-Girl @Kurogane86

Zero looked to the sky as he knew that the portal was closing. The shadow beasts kept on coming and zero knew that they couldn't last forever. He went to sidelines of the the battle to inject himself with two more mutagens.

He needed to try to get to that villain and help if he could. Beating the beasts would mean nothing if they couldn't bring the heroes and adults back. He looked to the volunteers that were fighting and commanded that they take the monsters into the city and split them up and take them out the best they can. Zero looked up to the Ghoul. "Listen we need to get to that battle and try to help who ever is fighting the best we can."

Right now Zero's body was worn out and beaten. He didn't know how much more he could take, but he needed to keep going until it killed him. He needed to take more mutagen. He knew his body would tear itself apart, but it didn't matter. His father wanted him to be a hero. Right now he needed to keep that promise.

Zero got on his motorcycle and rode it toward the direction of mercy, fearing for his life. His heartbeat going a million miles per hour. He was sure that he would probably die, but he would face this death like a man.

He got off his motorcycle at center of this fight to see a blue woman, a cyborg, and... a dog? Though the dog looked familiar along with what appeared to be fallen heroes. He hoped that what ever he could do would help. He got off the bike and walked forward with a fake swagger in his step. He looked at the new company and spoke with confidence through the gasmask. "We're here to save the day and that's what we will do you blue pompous fire hazard."

Zero at that point had extended his hand and unleashed a great deal of his energy from his extended hand and fired lighting that bordered on being pure plasma blast towards her. He hoped that he would hit his mark and that it would do some damage.

Hyperdrive

@HellHoundWoof @Moogle-Girl
@Wolverbells @-QT- @Sasha Bliss

Hyperdrive continued to fight the shadow monsters until he felt his stomach tighten. "Damnit not now." Hyperdrive transfered the energy to his legs jumping clear of the beasts he took out several protein bars from his pockets and ate all of them. "Dahmn....meta...bolishim."(eating) he finished and suddenly got a wave of energy. That's when Mercy made her move. She quickly took out the cyborg, then the siren.

Hyperdrive was about to rush in when he realised it, they were running out of time. He transferred his energy to his mind to analyze the situation.

She is just to strong although her fire power has suffered since removing Burner. She didn't like that water attack, but it wasn't enough.

Hyperdrive looked around for another water source. As he did a stray light beam hit the support system of a nearby water tower knocking it off its base. "That's it. He.." Adam quickly covered his mouth.

She said so herself she can hear us and knows how to attack. I have to do what my mentor taught me and dissapear, cling to the shadows and when it would be most devastating strike.

Hyperdrive waited for the steam to reach him that's when he put his plan to action. He transfered all the energy to his legs got a running start and jumped to where Burner was. He whispered in his ear. "Keep her busy. Give it everything you got. I got a plan." Hyperdrive jumped off the building and disappeared into the alley outside of the firewall.

He made his way to the water tower sticking to the shadows not making a sound, he would have made his deceased master proud. Adam quickly took out every protein bar he had on him, he quickly opened and devoured everything. The sudden burst of energy caused his eyes to light up a bright purple. Adam got in position and started lifting the water container it was roughly the size of a commercial freezer and just as heavy.

Hyperdrive used his power to the max sending his power coursing through his body supporting every necessary muscle for this action. It would flow from his legs, to his hips, back, chest, shoulders, arms then back down again. The level of concentration needed for such an action was extremely high thankfully his master hammered that discipline into him early on. He lifted it and got into position. He carefully aimed the water tank and with a burst of energy he threw it into the air aiming at Mercy. "Please.....make....it."

Hyperdrive fell to his knees his muscles were all in shock from what he just did. "No...I...need...to...help." He tried making a fist but his hand shook to much. "Damn it...move."

"Shut up!!" Junak's mouth twisted into a furious snarl at Mercy's taunts, baring all his teeth in a show of aggression that, ironically enough, only a canine could pull off. He zipped around her fiery attacks in between his own counterattacks, flipping and spinning in the air with moves that would rival a stunt pilot in an air show, unaware that Mercy was missing him on purpose. His confidence grew with every flame that whooshed past him until he slowly stopped bothering with the flashy moves and just started flying from side to side. The energy pouring from his mouth was easily deflected by Mercy, but he knew she couldn't keep it up forever. Then again, neither could he.

His dodging came to an abrupt end when a larger fireball he tried to fly over instead caught him on his back legs. His concentration broken, Junak's flight was halted and he hurtled towards the ground. He managed to pick himself back up in the air mere inches from impact, but the intense pain in his hindquarters stole his attention away from plans of a counterattack. Fire, he was on fire! Sputtering and swearing, Junak's thoughts jumped to his training -- stop drop and roll, dammit! -- and he extinguished himself after plenty of embarrassingly panicked flailing on the ground. Not without consequence, though. His skin and fur was badly burnt and stung like hell when he moved. It was stealing his mental resources and making it difficult for him to focus on flying, much less directing his light energy into a potent-enough beam to break through Mercy's stronger-than-anticipated defenses.

To make matters worse, the battlefield was suddenly swamped with dense fog coming from God knows where; though Junak had been gifted with humanlike intelligence, the damned whitecoats hadn't thought to improve his eyesight, which was actually quite poor compared to a human's. He still had his ears and nose, but the city was so crowded with sensory din from the shadow demons' attack that Junak could barely differentiate the screams of the citizens from Mercy's obnoxious laughter. He heard a new voice that was probably addressing him, felt his unburnt fur stand on end when some powerful electrical attack was discharged in Mercy's direction, but he couldn't make out any of the newcomer's features.

Junak snarled and stood on all fours, tense and low to the ground, ready to counter an attack from any direction. As much as he hated it, for now, he was on the defensive.

Last edited:
The Architect: "I told you so,"
@-QT- @Kurogane86 @HellHoundWoof @beautie

Too late, Ryan realized that people had came over to the GSC. He should've been paying more attention. "The two of you who just arrived at the GSC, sorry for missing you two. I've got to make some cover fire for the brave, brave idiots who pulled a Leeroy Jenkins and just ran in. I'll be falling back myself as soon as I can, since I won't be saving anyone if I bite it fighting a woman almost as ugly as my mother," he said, shaking his head, "You two should be safe there, as the automated defenses will have just been activated. Don't freak out, there's supposed to be robots and laser-turrets. They'll be as friendly as you are, so try not to be too aggressive towards them." he advised.

Within the center, a few hidden doors opened, releasing twelve androids. They were quite plain looking, lacking any real embellishment, and were a basic, papery white color. They walked with a sort of mechanical efficiency, their electric blue eyes emitting beams of soft light that scanned the environment, washing over everything that they looked at. When the light passed over a human being, the robot would scan them, and utter a "Life-form detected. Analysis complete. Designation: Nonhostile," before continuing on it's way. The robots established a perimeter, firing lasers from their eyes at oncoming monsters. They worked effeciently, groups of three focusing fire on a single target until it was out of commision before changing to another. Out from the ceiling near the windows and doors descended six large laser guns, which hummed with an electric energy. When the occasional shadow-beast made it past the robots, the turrets would unload a flurry of lasers until the monster fell.

It was becoming increasingly clear that they were seriously outmatched here, "Hey, remember that thing I said earlier about falling back? I bet that's looking like a pretty good idea," he said taking careful aim with his thermal cannon. Intending on circumventing her control of fire, he switched it to it's cold-ray function before continuing to speak, "If you guys can lure her about ten feet to her left, I've planted a device that should both aid your escape, and keep her busy for a while," he said.

The bomb had been intended to deal with Slaughterhouse, an eight-foot tall, super-strong, regenerating monster with a fondness for singing, eating people, and singing about eating people. Bomb was actually something of a misnomer, it was really more of an emitter. Made from two Samsung phones, a discarded vending machine, and an unwanted Wii U, it would spew out six beams of hard-light that would bend upwards into a sort of containment field, 12 feet high and six feet wide. He had no idea how long it would contain Mercy, but he estimated that it could keep Slaughterhouse contained for about an hour.

Then, he fired. His arm gave no kickback as a line of compressed gas flew through the air at several hundred feet per second, aimed to land directly to the right of the blue-haired villainness. His plan was to bait her into moving leftwards, closer to the trap he'd set. While none of his weapons would be able to hurt her through the barrier, it was possible that one of the other heroes would be able to pick her up, containment sphere and all, and hurl her away with super-strength or telekinesis or any of a number of things. By the time the gas had reached it's destination, a spark of cold was already travelling along it, creating a line of super-cooled substance that froze the water in the air, causing a pocket of air around Mercy to rapidly drop in temperature, threatening to freeze solid with her trapped inside if she didn't move. There was also a line of ice going straight up to Ryan, but it couldn't support it's own weight, and it fell, shattering against the ground like glass.

"So, what do you say, team? Because I'm voting that we fall back and just work on saving civilians until we can establish a concrete battle plan, and come back to fight her as a team and work together. I know I can open that portal again once we've defeated her, so there's no time-limit here."

Burner had been holding his own against some of the shadowy creatures. He then saw the same dude in basketball shorts hop up to the rooftop and give him another order. Burner was tempted to light the guy's shirt on fire but he knew it wouldnt be a good idea. He dropped his anger quickly before he nodded at the plan and threw himself from the roof. He let out jets of flame from his hands to slow himself down, his fire had cleared a small area on the ground for him to land. Shadow beasts backed away while engulfed in flame and Burner let himself burn like he had before, his fire pushing them back away from him. He began walking to where he'd last seen the blue haired witch, she'd had a girl in her clutches. His walk was fast but not a jog, it showed purpose. He started jogging towards Mercy and the woman had been knocked aside like a rag-doll. Burner put his hands at his sides and pushed his fire out quickly, it came out like a river from his hands. He was actually smiling, this had been the most fire he'd ever managed.

"Mercy, I'm not sitting this fight out anymore. Gotta say you did a real number on me after draining my fire, felt like running 20 miles." He raised his hands at the fire began flowing at Mercy, "But I feel good enough to go again..."

His fire wasnt any better than it had been before, he knew the effects would be nothing more than a nuisance to Mercy. But he was hopeful that the guy who'd been calling the shots really did have a plan and wasnt just saving his ass by putting Burner in her sights. Burner was ready to get out of the way if Mercy tried anything. A new guy entered the field and seemed adamant about a retreat. Which to Burner was seeming like a great idea.

Night Rider - Cowboying it up
@beautie

"Oooooh this ain't lookin too dandy for us darlin'. Were barely above the snakes, but not for long," the out of breath cowboy muttered as the door to the galaxy center shut after his grand entrance. Daryl had been hit by one of the shadow beasts, slightly cutting his left shin which hindered his ability to walk and stand correctly. Knowing the amount of darkness attempting to get inside their safe haven, Night Rider became internally worried but his outer appearance remained full of hope and unfazed.

Looking around to see a boodle of civilians surrounding him, Night Rider quickly backed up knowing what was coming next. The people - the children - rushed towards him with questions and fear. 'Where's my father', 'Where's my mother' they would all ask, overwhelming the good ol' cowboy who was seemingly trying to escape. Looking up, he could see his new found friend Magiya near some high tech electrical funky junky stuff. He waved at her for help, hoping she could fly him away or something................but it never happened.

"I know were all baffled, but were gonna cap the climax and not cash in. That's a buckaroo's promise!" Daryl answered, lifting his thumb and spewing corral dust. He wasn't sure exactly how to deal with these children as they were not as mature as he was. In addition, they didn't appear to even understand what he was saying, raising eyebrows, repeating their questions and crying uncontrollably as though he did NOT just say 'were going to defeat all these beasts and not die' - which he did, but in cowboy slang.

Cutting dirt, Night Rider rushed passed some children and made his way to Magiya. "This ain't no fandango, but I'm fair to middin'. You?" he asked, his accent most likely causing Magiya confusion. What he said - in real world terms - was 'It's no party down there, but I'm feeling alright. Yourself?'.

"Heck, I was jawing at these folk and they must be on Kansas sheep dip or sumthin', cus they ain't comprehend a word I say!" Daryl exclaimed with exhaustion. He fell onto his behind, letting his legs rest for a second as his back met a computer thang. "You think you can rowdy em' up?" he asked Magiya. "And where's that lone ranger?" questioning Architect's current location.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mercy - Victory is nigh
@EVERYONE
The sudden low temperature raised Mercy's defensive fibers. The muscles under her blue skin tightened as her fire seemed to be targeted. But apparently, this Architect hero was not as intelligent as his legacy presumed. As the air got colder, the oxygen got denser which in return fueled her fire to become brighter and stronger. Despite it being created from magic and sorcery, oxygen still had an effect on its resilience.

What Mercy did not see coming was that the temperature reduced air started to become solid, creating ice and a barrier that would soon close on her. Even though she'd be able to break free, Mercy decided against the idea and glided to her left in attempt to evade - also managing to dodge a lightning strike despite its speed. Though to her surprise, she fell upon a secondary trap. A light beam barrier that solidified as quickly as turning on a switch. The light force closed her in, not allowing her to act against this defense mechanism. Mercy did not waiver as her smile soon grew again and laughter reflected off the light walls.

"Is this it? Your plan is to hold me in here?! HAHAHA!" she continued to taunt as her flames exploded in all direction, pressing against the light barrier and expanding it. Her trick was to cause and immediate explosion, but the barrier was much more durable than she imagined. Fortunately for the young heroes, Architects idea was working momentarily. Soon the force field would shatter and they will once again be at Mercy's hands. For now, their decision to retreat had become evidently their only chance at survival. If they had continued to fight, the sorcerer would eventually end up taking their lives and own all of Aerial City.

"Run children, hide in your dorms, in your homes. Move from this city, hide under the dirt, under the Earth. Move to another planet for all I care. I will find you! I will find all of you and turn you into ash! Burn you alive as I laugh at your demise!" she continued to taunt with her frightening and gruesome laughter.

"I will not lose........"

Status
Not open for further replies.