In The City

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Why did you sneak out?" She stared down at her daughter.

"You sneaked out last night with a vampire, for God's sake. Have I not told you more times than enough that they are dangerous? Do you not listen to all my stories from our history?"

"Yes, mama, I listen, but he's nice....If he would've wanted to feed he'd had done it already mama...." She said. "He'd different."

"I don't want you to associate with any vampires. Now come." She said stubbornly, turning for the door.

"You can't tell me who I can and can't be friends with mama!" She said just as stubborn as her mother.

Callum listened from behind the door of the men's room, and he bit his lip, debating over whether he should come out and face Mrs Martin or not.

Mrs Martin turned and her grey eyes fixed themselves on Kieara, "I won't do that when you are with your human friends, but when it comes to vampires, I put my foot down."

"Yeah well, this is one time i'm putting my foot down." She spoke defending him.

Callum took a deep breath and emerged from the men's room, coming to stand beside Kieara. He looked at Mrs Martin and calmly said, "Perhaps we should take this conversation outside. Somewhere where we will not be overheard."

Mrs Martin glared at him, but held her tongue for the moment. She turned and walked outside, leaving the coffee shop.

Callum suddenly reached down and squeezed her hand gently. "It'll be fine." He whispered to her.

They walked outside, and Mrs Martin turned to face Callum. "I know all about your kind, and I don't want you to have anything more to do with Kieara. Understand?"

Callum was taken aback by the venom in her voice - why did she hate vampires so much?

Kieara glared. "Mom, he's nice, yes hes a vampire, but he's my friend. DEAL WITH IT." She didn't usualyl show her mother disrespect of any manner but this was one time she wasn't going to stand for it.

Mrs Martin stared at her daughter, and her mouth fell open as the penny dropped. "Kieara Alina Martin! You have fallen.... for a vampire?" It was plain as day that her daughter had a huge crush on this vampire - from the redness of her cheeks to the way her eyes flickered to him every few seconds.

Callum's eyes widened, and if he could have blushed he would have. He stared at her, and softly said, "Is that true?"

Callum was silent and still for a moment, but then suddenly he took her hand and squeezed it lightly. "Then that means I'm not crazy for feeling the same." He murmured softly.

Status
Not open for further replies.