IN HER DYING EYES-the black embrace

"Of all The vampiric exploits Worldwide.. you are th e LAST vampyre i thought I'd have to suffer through, frenchman." HE huffed, seeming rather discontent suddenly.

"If you want to do some driving we can be there in two days... you drive nights, I drive days..." he said simply. heat forming ont eh back of his neck. he didn't like the company of other vampires these days. not with what he was doing at Gaia towers. he looked At Anya's face and shot her an apolagetic glance.

"As far as MY questions go.. why int eh blood soaked protestant hell are you ont eh south dakota Wyoming border, and aware OF OUR DESTINATION?!" He huffed, obviously a little perturbed.

Lestat laughed dryly at Armand's sudden outburst, however Anastasia's expression was all too different as she shot him a worried glance. After his light laughter came to a stop he sat back in the seat comfortable, listening as Armand concluded his frantic words.

"Armand, Armand, Armand -what have you done? destroyed the euphoria of rapturous memories we have? replaced them with this.. distasteful thought of me? - Dont think.. that just because you are not a whole vampire that you cannot be found mon amie a purdu.. you've just been much harder to find" He concluded with another dark chuckle.

"I am not so good with driving mon amie, I do better with flight." He concluded, catching Anastasia's attention as she looked back to meet his gaze "You can fly?"

"My apologies, not so much flight as it is, fast running -the way I glide makes it feel that way.. ah, he has not told you, every dark gift is different?"

Anastasia looked over at Armand before sitting back in her seat "Not entirely"

"So much like a Spaniard... to answer your question It simply began to bore me, following -why not just be apart?... I simply want to catch up with you -its not so bad Armand?... at first its true.. I followed, only because I wanted to know what you were up to. Now that I seen you fail.. I came to offer you moral support on whatever it is your trying to create"

His voice was silk, it reminded her just as Armand's was when he wasn't this angry. It almost made her giggle to see him this way, she wasn't used to it at all but she had a feeling that If Lestat stayed around, she would seem more of it.

It was obvious, at least to her that he was oblivious to what Armand was really trying to create for if he wasn't, he would not have be so calm about the situation however she had a gut feeling he was here for more than just 'moral support'

"So.. you two know each other from where?" she asked abruptly.

"My apologies, Anastasia... It seems I've forgoten some Of us are.. still rooted in The musty air of days long past." He said calmly, though his lip twitched ever so slightly in anger.

" Dark gift indeed." he scoffed. "If you only knew how little your progenetor forgot to tell you..." he smiled. " Old man."

The vehicle pulled into town past a 4 way intersection of the can-am highway. Armand went through town and parked At a gas station, a 24 hour place.

"My projects are a service to humanity, and thus not any of your busines...Unless your policies towards mortals have changed." He said, turning in his seat to gaze at lestat. Fifty years was not enough for him to be afraid of the frenchman. And Armand was an equal in more than one way.

" You relish a life you relenquished control of. where is the fun in drinking, makeing merry, and carrying on int eh nightlife if you have no conscious concept of the people around you, emoptional detachment and dillusions, does NOT beget an enviable existance." he said cruelly. Wether shaken or not, Lestat would see a big change in armand since he saw him last before his last slumber.

That said, Lestat wouldn't know that armand hadn't slept the long sleep.. EVER. more than 200 years, and awake every night since.

Lestat sat there, watching the man fume bordely as they pulled into the gas station. When Armand had finished Lestat leaned closer "Are you quite done? you must remember, I am a vampire -and have been that way for centuries, I cannot say I am for or against your opinions on the race from which we both take part in.. Im more of a loner -I go my own way, taking the rode less traveled.

"I guess I just came to be a constant reminder to you Armand that no matter what you do Armand -whether you feed on the blood of others or eat mortal food you will always be what you are, and sooner or later the thirst will take over. I know.. Ive seen things" His voice raised slightly to match Armand's, however not enough to completely eliminate him from his poise barrier.

"The sooner you realize the better" He concluded before sighing as if he was annoyed and turning towards Anastasia

"Dont be startled.. me and Armand.. we go way back.. your not in any danger."

Anastasia gave him a smile and nod, though in the back of her mind she just didn't have a good feeling about this man.

"Are... we all getting out?"

She finally chimed.

Armadn slowly began banging his head against the wheel of the Van. " why.. me... god." he mumbled.

" I evolved with the times, Lestat.. YOU did not." he said, getting out of the Vehicle. He stretched himself and stared up at the moon, eyes gleaming dull with the passage of time,. his memories with Lestat flooded back to him. crazy bloody nights at The hellfire clubs. long conversations about the existance of their kind... and the last conversation they had when He went fuming out the door and left... when he admitted he was a dhamphire to Lestat, then his only companion.

" I'd rather not remember some things." he sighed, hands in his pockets as he pondered their next move. "What do you want from me Lestat.. surely there's more of a reason then just reminiscing... and If there's not..." he sighed a little, a bit more of a smile drifting onto his face.

He seemed to be ignoring Anya just a little bit.

Lestat watched as if this was an every day thing as Armand beat his head on the steering wheel. "Excuse Armand.. he can be so dramatic." Lestat sighed and shook his head. "Indeed, the only constant is change.. your abusing the privileged" he concluded with a sigh and a shake of his head.

"I am not asking for things to be the same Armand. Common ground is what Im looking for... and perhaps the betrayal I believe your starting to plan -to disintegrate -do you think it would be so easy to do whatever your trying to do?! Im not foolish! I understand exactly what you are trying to do.." he exclaimed, getting out of the car and yanking Armand by his collar, slamming him against his own van and making Anastasia gasp

"You think the others dont know? you think I dont fear for my life everyday -the consequences I may face when I leave this world? you think I wasn't scared then? you think i dont fear it now!?... you betrayed me already.. you dont want to have them all after you. I came to warn you Armand.. but your making me beside myself"

Anastasia then got out herself, watching this go down, she looked between the two

"Cant we all just.. talk this out?!"

"heh.. no.. no we can't." Armand chuckled a little, laying in Lestat's grasp, bleeding from his nose.

" This has benn.. lOng time comeing, hasn't it Amigo?" HE asked LEstat, clutching his wrist hard. Armand was not as Strong hysically as Lestat.. but gods, did he have a stronger gift... one Even Lestat did not truly know the extent of.

"But you know.. Even after all of this.. YOU should live through my Exodus, Lestat... Every coven will get 51 Viles of My precious antigen... one for their leader.. and fifty to distribute between their trusted..."

Armands eyes went dark and his teeth grew in, The shadows int eh parking lot thickening. " No cheap political scam.. no NEW WORLD ORDER.. this is a purification, LEstat... The Vermin must die for the WOlves to survive..." he growled. ANd then, Armand did somethgin uncharacteristic of him.

In all his years of life. He had been a pacifist. A man Bent on never harming others... not after what happened in Paris and London all those years ago int eh HEllfire clubs. He Did not fear death. not anymore. What he feared was leaving this world without a protector. Leaving Behind a legacy of ashes and rot. What he feared, was the end of the WORLD.. Not of Armand Desaecula.

And so... in the half second between Lestat's confusion, and Armand twistign his wrist out of it's socket and breaking free, He slipped A Hardened spike of shadows through his own stomach Into Lestat, The spike comign out the other side and clutchign onto him like Claws fromt eh inside and outside, Bonding the two vampires together.. but int eh shadows, only Anastasia woudl see.

" ANya.. gnnn.. GO get us some drinks will you?" HE asked, his face hindered by his locks of hair falling about him. Lestat and He were only minorly hurt by this.. however, beign joined ment armands blood was floodign into lestat.. and visa versa.

" THis.. this is how I Died Lestat... THree inches higher...gnnn.. is each of our hearts... I died underneath my best friend.. possesed bya devil... I bled out beneath him as his blood, black and burning like hot oil entered my wound... I told you... nnn.. i told you i was special... the truth is.. I AHVE no progenetor.. i AM my own Reason for being." he said.

" All the words in the world cannot atone for my sins... but the sins of others may be washed away with my Project." he whispered. His blood transferign all hsi memories since HE and Lestat left eachothers company.. Events, Dates... people.. death, suffering, Seeing his first great grand nephew born... love.. hate... The virus... Everything flooding Into the cold hearted French Vampire.

Revelation stabbing him in the chest.

Anastasia felt something was wrong, as she peered off at the two figures, engulfed in the darkness, but she trusted Armand, despite the strain in his voice, and took slow steps back and towards the gas station.

"Al -Alright..."

Lestat twinged as he felt the spike go through him. He let go of Armand's collar, and looked down at the way they were practically merged. The blood Armand was sharing burned his own -just mildly, but annoying none the less.

"Why ... are you showing me these things?" Lestat seethed, as he began experiencing everything Armand was showing him, his eyes widened a few inches, and though he bore his eyes into Armand's, one could tell he was spacing off.

"You.. aren't Christ.. you cannot wash anyone's sins away -no sin is greater than another... b-because.. in the end... a sin is a sin" He forced out, the taste of blood surfacing in his mouth but he held it in, swallowing it back down, though through the creases one could see the red outline between his lips.

"These things are no excuse.. for the way y-you left me.. I was your companion.. partner..and you LIED TO ME.. do what you feel you must Armand.. but in the end remember.. its not just us whole breeds that belong dead"

"I never Enjoyed death, Lestat...not one bit." he said, pulling the spike out, not budging as the open wound in his torso bled.

"It is the weak who I fight for now... And should you still fear death... A vial of the cure will find you... speak nothing of what you know... your blood cannto lie to you lestat." He said, no emotion on his face, just cold truth gleaming from his every pore... For armand was somethign the world had not seen since before the times of both Armand AND lestat.

He was truly benevolent. "Perhaps you are right.. i agree that a sin is a sin.'"he smiled, the blood suckign back within him with a silent sigh. "But Gaia has been good to me.. and the earth cannot handle so many unworldly vampires stalking the night." he seemed suddenly tired, as if the power he used had drained him, emotionally, if not physically. " Get in the van, you bloody mess." he said, walkign past Lestat, not letting him retort. Such was the way of the Duke. He had said what he had meant to say, and there was no arguing the point further.. again a trait of a nobleman.

"This is a cleansing..." He said as heleft earshot, walkign into the station only eight paces behind The burdened Anatasia. he whispered into her ear softly. " Worry not you head, My Anya..." he said, steppign up beside her as they walked tot eh food aisle.

Lestats wound healed pretty quickly -just a few seconds after Armand had retreated from him along with the spike, and as Armand walked away and telling him to get in the van he glared at him, watching him disappear from his peripheral and then looking back at himself -despite the wound being healed, the blood remained.

He was right -it didn't lie.

He put one hand on his stomach and then cleared his throat, heading towards the van -just another realization that he would never die.

Immortality never looked so vile -but death never seemed so... horrifying..

he wanted to witness death in himself one day -he had never seen it close.

Anastasia looked Armand over -letting the worry she tried to hold in, wash over her face and letting out a sigh "Are you okay?... I dont know about Lestat Armand..who is he to you?"

"He is everything a vampire should.. and should not be.. but he has a soul in that cold exterior." he smiled, urging her onward. " He knows nothing of what is happening to you. do not let on... We can trust him for now." he replied, grabbing a cream cheese danish and a Fruit nectar drink.

The cards had been played. it seemed their trip would be peacefl, the cops were just now finding the car int eh empty mall lot, and the note witht eh money. the cops smiled, shakign their heads.

"Dispatch... get forensics over here, you are not going to BELIEVE this." the cop said, not touching the money on the seat. somewhere in Canada, a young woman is standing behind a clothing market staring at the empty spot her vehicle once occupied.

"We dont know whats happening either" She retorted, picking up a ginger ale and some chips -her stomach was feeling a bit queasy, not enough for alert but enough for her to know that now wasn't the time to indulge herself as always.

"Isnt that all vampires though? I dont know a single one who obeys all of the rules of vampiracy.. but then again I only know two.. or one and a half" She joked, laughing slightly as they made their way to the front.

"Do you think Lestat wants something?.. or is it only blood that satisfies him?"

"He'll be fine until california." Armand said abruptly, sniffing the air.. something wasn't right, even now. " Lets just.. get our junk and go, no?" he smiled picking up a 2 liter of 7up.

In the next Aisle, a rather uncomfortable man was nestling a gun in his pocket, itching to use it. it was THAT disturbance her stomach felt.. the magic in her stronger by the minute, precognition was echoing, but just within her stomach for now...

"Until California? then what?" She replied, before nodding and making her way to the front with her things alongside him. However Anastasia could not shake the feeling that something was not right -not only her womens intuition, but her stomach seemed to know too.

When she put her things on the counter she immediately let her hands begin to soothe her belly gently -even the slits in her back begin to burn

This was not good

"Armand.. you aren't sensing anything..? not at all?"

"no wh-" He was interupted by a series of gunshots from behind them, several lights above them went out.

" EVERYBODY DOWN!" Came the emmediate response from the gunner. three other men pulled out guns and shot the camera's, kickign the clerks away from any panic buttons as Armand grabbed anastasia and hurled them towards the backdoor.

" Stay down..." he said, popping out of cover and across the deli. he was the only movement in the place, and the gunners paniced, as he knew they woudl, shooting at him. Armand made it closer to them then they would have liked before pulling out a fe plastic knives and running them through his teeth, sharpening the malleable plastic.

"fuckin' christ, kill him!" The gunner yelled, all the men converging. a flurry of knives later, one of them bent to the ground, screamign at the knife stickign through his cheeks and armand was not behind the counter there anymore, the man dropping his gun beforea foto came down, knocking him unconscious.

Meanwhile in all the tussle, Another gunman had cornered Anastasia. " mmm hello there, little baker..." he siad, creepily with a big grin. " Wanna show daddy whatcha cookin in there?" he smiled, clearly ready to rape here, gun pointed.

The backdoor was bolted shut. and the front door was blocked by gunmen. Seconds later, the police arrived. A cop had been about to get coffee. wierd how the world works... Lestat wouldn't be able to interfere without beign noticed now...

Anastasia was stuck, it all happened so fast she was startled in the moment -she heard the cops outside but her eyes were fixed on the man in front of her. "I.. Im pregnant -you dont wanna do this..." She tried to side track him while looking around for Armand though she didn't see him in sight

She backed up as far into the corner as she could.

While outside, Lestat was contemplating his next move -he had no idea what to do.

The only way he could get in was to show himself for what he was -because it required that force so he

sat outside, peering in

"C'mon Armand.. where are you?"

"m thats WHY.. im gonna do this." he smiled, leaning down and tryign to rip off her clothes, gritting his ugly teeth at her as he went to grop her belly. as soon as he touched her naked flesh, a shock of power surged into him.

"w-what the hell/!" he exclaimed, then went to hurt her for the shock, punchign her stomach. as soon as his hand made contact there was a pulse of power, and instead of the gut-wrenchign pain of being slammed in her full gut, she woudl feel a soft squish as an unseen shield saved her from the impact, but that was not the end of it, the mans eyes rolled back, and a swallowing sensation filled Her, as if his life force was draining out of himself and into Anya.
meanwhile more gunshots could be heard as armand made his way throught he store, darting knives at the lightswitches as the buildign went dark. people panicked and ran for the door as more flashes of gunshots issued out.

Anastasia was quite shocked herself when her stomach did what it did to the man as he tried to grope her -however she didn't have time to think but only be grateful because the sick bastard deserved it. She shivered -not knowing what to expect as his punch was thrown in her direction, not before once again her stomach amazed her, protecting her from the blow and making it feel something more like a thing of comfort than anything else.

It was amazing -because it never did something like that before -never with Armand had such a thing happened, and just as she was thinking of him she saw his shadow racing through the store and darkness following him until it seemed the whole building was that way.

All seemed quiet for a moment and she sank into the corner -not knowing what to expect or think.

"..... Armand" She whimpered his name

the mans eyes rolled back and blood came from his ears as he fell dead. seconds late,r gunshots still roaring, armand grabbed several bags of food and wentback to anastasia, kicking open the back door.

"LESTAT!" he yelled out. "BRING THE VAN AROUND BACK!" he boomed, hiding behinda large trashcan. infront, one of the gunmen, with a knife in his throat stumbled out of the front door, holding his neck and fell over, convulsing.. the police knew something was wrong.

Lestat heard him immediately and hopped in the front, and even though he had never driven a car before -he learned pretty quickly. Putting it in drive and pushing on the gas, making it screech and grabbing the cops attention -something he didn't mean to do but couldn't help now. He then drove it around the small store and to the back where he had heard Armand's voice and pressed the other pedal which made the van come to an automatic stop.

As soon as Anastasia knew the van had pulled up, she avoided the dead men around her and immediately hopped in -a bit traumatized but trying to keep it together -it had all happened a little too fast for her.

Lestat looked over at Armand and motioned him to hurry

"Vous perdez votre temps! VENEZ! VENEZ! VENEZ! WE HAVE TO GET THE HELL OUT HERE!" He rushed the man.