IN HER DYING EYES-the black embrace

Contrary to what Anastasia might have been thinking... the man was indeed in worse shape than anyone. his head was the least of his worries when internal bleedign and bruisign was killign him. as she placed a hand on him, he gripped down hard on her starign into her eyes, and then, before his soul was her's... a look of relief crossed his face as he slumped forward, breathing out one last time.

A soul is power... energy and life force incarnate. the feeling was like every pore in her body was absorbing the rays of the sun, on a warm day.. and every muscle in her body being treated to a spa. all her pain's and aches disappeared, all discomfort was gone as the energy of the dying man was added to her growing collection. with that power, that energy, there came a cost. the weight and warmth within her grew ever so slightly again. was the balance worth it?.. and then the voice inside .. the changes inside said yes.. yes it was, and that souls... have a taste... and that taste is delicious.

Across the road, already approaching the two, Armand paused as he saw the man die.. felt his soul vanish. and then, he saw the aura around Anya change.

Purple_Eye_by_Birthstone.jpg

Anastasia didn't know how to feel at the moment -for that split second in time as she took in the suffering soul she felt better than she had ever felt in her life, her eyes opened, but it was like she couldn't see a thing, only white as she watched the life of this man flash before her eyes -and happiness, she felt that too, no longer did regret pulse through her veins.

"Armand.." She said his name as she looked up and though he probably didn't see what she did -his name was the only thing she could say as she kept her eyes open and took in this mans soul -way different than she had taken in the last mans, because she had been in a rush, now she could savor the taste. She felt the bulge that was her stomach begin to weigh her down and with that she went from kneeling down to on her knees, her hand sliding off the mans flesh and then closing her eyes tightly and reopening them.

It seemed the moment was over now, and everything was back to normal -even the soul inside her seemed at peace.

She turned to Armand, rubbing her stomach as a small smile etched across her face "He.. hes going to be just fine" and though the guilt remained, the secret lust for more lingered also.

"uhm... oh.. okay.. well.. i think we're doen here regardless..." he said, suddenly speechless. of allt he mystical knowledge crammed into the dhamphires head... of all the insanely strange volumes of ancient texts and arcane secrets he had uncovered throught eh years, Armand was still made speechless by what he thought he had just seen..

'souls.. if blood is the currency of the soul... to take the sou without the currency.. what is that... is that true equality?' he thought to huimself, momentarily dumbfounded.

The two silently slipped back to the Van and drove off farther up the mountain and soon, over the bighorns, and to through the next few towns to a place called thermopolis.

The sign infront of them said " HOt springs capitol of the West"

" hmm well.. given the recent unpleasantries.. should we relax here for a day, if not a few hours?" he asked her, seemingly unphased by what had happened on the mountain... for now. though he was curiouser by the second. especially because of the newfound warmth emmenating from Anastasia's form.

Even though all was silent, Anastasia was in bliss, satisfied like someone who had gone through a terrible famine and just received their first drink in what seemed like a life time. She sat peacefully -listening to Armand and knowing how lost for words he had been back at the accident scene and how could she blame him? she didn't know what to make of it either.. and though there was guilt there was also satisfaction and one she would trade for all the guilt in the world.

"... yeah that does sound refreshing" she answered him as they pulled into the hot springs area. "Its no fair Lestat gets to do all the resting" she adds, with a chuckle, getting out of the van and then waiting for Armand, more than anything she was happy to spend time with Armand -alone.

Armand strode out of the back of the vn with two small backpacks. " swimsuits and towels..." he smiled. walkign beside her, takign her hand only momentarily to kiss it. he wasn't very sappy, but romantic... yes. yes he was.

The place was very nicely built, and had several pools filled with milky, all natural springwater that flowed gently out intot eh river outside harmlessly. no chemicals... no fake additives, just the relaxing and soothign waters. Armand paid for their tickets and nodded to Anya as he went into the men's changing room. He had bought a purple tie-dye bikini for her, and a pair of Long legged black and red swimtrunks for himself, he came out before Anya wearing sunglasses, his long hair back in a hair-tie, and a grey muscleshirt. his towel was wrappedover his shoulder.

Anastasia went inside the changing area and changed as well -the bathing suit fit perfectly, and made her feel beautiful once again, not to mention Armand picked it out so she knew he would automatically approve. She put her towel around and a few minutes after Armand she exited and to no surprise he was already ready. She smiled, taking his hand into hers and looking out to the beautiful springs that awaited them

"you ready love?" she asked him softly.

"I haven't been to one of these in a decade." he admitted, Bowing to her, takgin her hand and kissing it before he went off towards one of the warmer springs, all made out of natural stones with balck sand bottoms.

" This looks as good a place as any." he said, sticking his toe in. 'ooo hooo.. perfect." he said, stretchign his spine, a few audible cracks later, he began stepping into the spring.

Anastasia followed after, as soon as the water kissed her feet she fell into immense relaxation. "Oh my gosh its amazing" she mumbled as she let the water engulf her fully -not only was the water amazing but their surroundings were as well peaceful and relaxing , this couldn't be a better day.

She kept hold of Armand's hand even under water, just to make sure they were always close.

"Sounds like someone needed this" she chuckled, replying to his remark about how long it had been.

For his hard work, it was very much deserved

A long sigh ran through The dhamphire as he settled down on the smooth rocky surface, reclining. he had not taken off his shirt though.

Somewhere behind them, the sound of birds and flowign water came from the manmad fountain that spewed out the hot water directly from the earth.

" You know, the native americans used the hotsprings to cure everything. when the white-men came, and brought smallpox, the springs couldn't cure that... so they abandoned these places, saying they where cursed." He said, reciting an old tale.

"However. the locals still honor the healing powers of the hotsprings every year in a big ritual byt he main wellspring just north of here." he continued.
"Maybe we can stop and see te little national park here before we continue." he added.

The milky waters filtered in through a trickling stream cut intot he natural rock, allowing the pool to fill and empty on it's own time. ah yes, time... time seemed to slow as armand wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close, kissign her forehead before reclining a bit more.

"Hmmm... peace... tranquility... I should show you the spring's tucked up int eh mountain by Gaia Towers sometime...Hope Jared and the elves call me back soon." he sighed, not at all worried.

She listened to his history speech as he pulled her in and kissed her forehead -it was something she hadn't known before she told him and she actually found it interesting. "Hmm.. who knew?" she mumbled, snuggling into him and letting the water consume them.

She then leaned up, giving him a small kiss on the cheek and a smile "Im sure they will.. dont stress it.. you are here to relieve stress remember?"

she would do well to make sure he remembered that.

" I guess I do find myself preoccupied more often than not." he mused. the mineral waters heat was suppressing Armand's more aggressive approach to life, allowing the docile Noble within to awaken within the spaniard's senses. his olive skin and smooth, almost still boyish features were no indication of his experiences in hardship and mental famine.

Armand had been through his fair share of battles, inward, and out. Above all of it, he prided himself on his poise and resolve against the onslaught of malice and idiocracy in teh world around him. Knowing is said to be half the battle.. but when you know far too much, there is far too much to concider before, after, and during every action you partake in.

" Thank you..." he said after a pregnant pause. his mnd wandered freely with the sound of the water and the happy people speaking gently in the glass atrium that surrounded the springs. And yes. slowly but assuredly, peace was settling upon the shoulders of Gaia's Sentry.

As he relaxed she also did so, letting herself slide completely underwater -ever since her transformation it seemed she could withstand things a hell of a lot longer,like now she was under the water at least 2 minutes before she had to come up which didnt seem long, but is a task all in itself. She came up write in front of him, her long blonde locks falling idly down her back and shoulders. She smiled and ran her fingers over his chest until they wrapped around his neck bringing herself closer

"After we figure everything out.. and after California and everything else.. I want to spend the rest of my life with you" She confessed -she knew it hung in the air already, but she wanted to breath it to life, and so she did.

The statement was said.

She was satisfied now.

"A...A-Anya." he stuttered, then a wave of emotion hit him and his walls crumbled. he pulled her onto him, gripping around her torso and kissing her sweetly. " Perhaps that will be an eternity together." he whispered into her ear. It was barely one o clock in the afternoon though, and Armand realized as his stomach lurched he hadn't eaten in almost 24 hours.

"California is even more beautiful than this place but... not moreso than you." he said, staring into those soulful eyes. the violet hues were intensified byt he mist hanging in the air.

Anastasia blushed at his compliments, resting her head on his chest "And you Armand already know how flawless you are" she smirked, sitting there for a while before noticing his stomach rumble which made her giggle "Ah, your hungry" she says, sitting up and then standing. "Come , lets go find some food" she held out her hand for him to take into his, a reassuring smile present on her face.

"Im in the mood for... pizza"

"hey, Pizza hut does a buffet Tuesday nights here, sound good?" he smiled, moving with her. he noticed she was more chipper by the hour. perhaps things were finally looking up. perhaps.. just maybe when they got to california, the problem would be less of a problem. the slits in her back that hid her wings were barely visible, but Armand couldn't help but wonder if later more startling and less... incognito effects woudl take hold.

Anastasia looked back as she grabbed her towel and tossed Armand his "Ah really? I love pizza hut" she agreed with his proposition, smiling and heading towards the dressing room "So lets meet back here in about 10 minutes all cleaned up and ready to go" she continued, before disappearing into the bathroom -she had to admit she had come a long way from hating what Armand did to her and in the process hating him, to now being madly in love with him, and when in love, its easier to see the good out weighing the bad, because as long as you are with that person.. nothing seemed as bad as it was -Armand was right here with her, and she was right here with him, as it should be.

When she finished she checked herself in the mirror a few times, and then made her way to meet her boyfriend.

(and the shell is officially.. broken.)

"AH... that took less tiem then i expected." Armand smiled happily, his hair was still wet and pulled back into a neat braid down his back.

" shall we?" he said, takign her hand and kissing it. the clerk made a barfing sound under his breathe, inciting a giggle from armand.

Outside, he unlocked the van, started teh rough motor and made his way across town. night was coming soon,a nd with it, th renewed presence of Lestat.

" so, Anya... ae you looking forward to california?" he asked, makign polite conversation, but he was a bit curious despite.

(Indeed it is ^ ^)

Anya glared at the clerk -she wanted to go over there and devour his soul and something told her it was okay, but she didnt want to ruin the moment between her and Armand so she turned back his way and smiled "Yes I am.. well I am nervous.. about the experiments and such but I know Ill be okay.. you wont let them do anything dangerous to me" she concluded with light laughter.

"Are you looking forward to California Armand?"

"yes actualy." he said, revving up the van and taking of at aleisurely pace out of the parking lot and onto te mainstreet. the ride was short, barely two minutes before they saw the familiar PIZZA HUT sign. there weren't many people there. three cars and a delivery vehicle.

Armand stepped out and helped ANastasia out as well, noticing there was still a blush from the heat of the spa on her face. " your cute... you know that?" he chuckled, kissing her flushed cheek.

"i'm sure that won't change after we fix you up, Anya." he smiled.

Anya giggles at Armands affections "Thank you.. and you already know how cute you are.." she tells him, holding her hand in his as they enter the pizza place which smells sinfully delicious.

"I hope you love me even without the belly" she jokes, as they take their spots in line for the pizza "I guess pizza is really popular around here" she add, mostly because in her house -and even her and her roommate didn't eat much pizza, not because they didn't like it but more so their weren't a lot of pizza shops around.