In Darkness They Came

Status
Not open for further replies.
((I really hope you don't mind me joining. If you have a problem with it, I will delete this post.))
Julia had heard the whistles, only faintly, but they were there. She put the top of her cloak over her long, brown hair so that only her green eyes showed. "Whatever that was, I need to check it out." She began running, tip-toed, almost silently. She took her katana out and held it at ready with her revolver in the other hand.

Frank heard the whistle, clear as day. He'd been on sentry duty, with some others, but he'd wondered off. He had a bad habit of doing that. "That can't be good..." He muttered under his breath, adjusting the rifle that was slung over his right shoulder.

He thought about turning round and alerting the rest of the group, but they probably heard the whistle too, besides, they were too far off, and by the time he got there, then to the location of the whistle, it would probably be too late.

Mind made up, he made his way through the trees towards the direction the sound had came from. As he got closer, he could see something metal glinting in the sky. "I was right, this really isn't good.." He commented, shaking his head slowly. He jumped, as he heard a rustling close to him. He turned his head, clicking the safety on his gun off, pointing it in that general direction. His almost yellowish eyes scanned over the stranger, taking in the revolver and the.. Wait, was that a katana? Wow.. He hadn't seen one of them in a while. He blinked a few times, shaking his head to clear his head once again.

(Sorry, I wanted to add another character >.<)

((Lol it seemed fine to me.))
Julia caught a glimpse of someone nearby in the corner of her eye. She turned to the stranger, pointing her gun at him and holding her katana under it, also serving as a support for the gun. ((Kinda like what people do when they have a flashlight)) She scanned him over and grimmaced. It was human. "Gah... wasting time!" She ran off again, towards the ship.

"The hell...?" He raised an eyebrow at this new female as she ran off, quickly following. Ah well, whatever. He wasn't too bothered by her, she didn't seem like much of a threat.

He ran on through the trees, holding his gun close to his body so it wouldn't hit against him. Upon finally reaching the right place he looked around. There were three people he didn't know. Four if you counted the female he'd found previously. He looked up to the ship, walking over to Karie. "Well, here we go.." He mumbled, holding the gun up, pointing towards the ship as he waited, shifting nervously from side to side, only a little, but still enough to be noticed.

(Yeah, it's just I'm playing three characters now xD lets see if I can keep up..)

((If an ADD person like me can do two in a very, very heart wrenching RP, you can do it! :D))
She growled at what she saw, then looked to the people there. She made her way over to them. "Looks like I made the right choice to follow my instincts. Just stay back and be careful. Oh, and if you try anything after I save your asses, don't expect me to hold back." She said as she held her katana and revolver like she did earlier.

Karie was more than relieved when two people joined them and nodded as they entered. She wasn't sure I'd they were Outsiders or not, but she wasn't worrying about it right now. She kept her focus on the ship above them.

As she watched three of the creatures leapt from the hovering ship and landed with a thud not far from them. Their clicking language echoed through the air. One stepped closer, nearer to Rose's explosives but not quite tripping them yet. Karie hoped they did.
wondering-armored-monster.jpg

She growled again, holding her gun up higher. "I... I can't quite tell what they're dicussing yet." She narrowed her eyes. She had been studying the creatures for a while now, and she's getting the hang of their language. "But I know they said something about a 'mother'." ((If this is kinda stupid I'll change it XD I just thought it would be interesting to add in.))

Griffin frowned as he looked to the two newcomers. This was all happening too fast. He took a hasty step back as the things came out of the ship. He hugged his gun to him, a small whimper escaping his lips. He took a quick look towards where he'd put his brother. Good. He was still safe, for now.

"Oh god..." He muttered as one of them stepped closer, him in return, taking another step back. He ducked quickly sidewards to hide behind one of the others. He'd never properly seen one of these before, and now he was scared. He felt as if they could kill him, just by looking at him! Though of course, he knee that wasn't true, well, he hoped so anyway, otherwise they were doubly screwed.

Frank stared at the creatures, tilting his head to the side. "The hell? They look like, fucking, retarded chickens." He mused, fiddling with the lip ring on the left side of his bottom lips. He ran a hand through his short black hair, making sure it was spiked up correctly, and the blonde highlights were it the right place. That done, he turned his attention back to the chicken-like-things, gaze momentarily flicking over to rest on Julia. "Wait, you can understand these things? Wow. That's a first." His yellowish eyes widened slightly at the thought, but he quickly shook it off. Right now, there was the prospect of imminent death to fight off. "Uh, I want that one's head, that alright with you guys?" He chirped, pointing towards the furthest one on the left with his rifle. This was gonna be great! ... Well, sort of. Providing none of them died..

"Best not to make fun of the things that can very well destroy humanity as we know it." She said. "Dumbass..." She muttered under her breath and aimed. She held her breath, surprisingly calm, and took a shot to the one on the left. She was aiming for its eye, and she nearly it, but it ended up hitting square on its forehead. "Tch... I missed..." She said as she tilted her katana up slightly.

"Yeah, whatever." He muttered, rolling his eyes. He pointed his gun towards the one he'd previously chosen, letting off five shots. He paused to reload, not bothering to check weather he'd actually hit it or not. He turned his head to look at the older of the two brothers, offering him a sympathetic smile. "Hey, don't worry, you'll be fine!" He said softly flicking his gun out and letting out another shot. He was one of the older ones in the group. He was about 20, his birthday actually being the next day. "Hey, hey, guess what, stranger, ya missed." He chuckled quietly, raising an eyebrow at the katana wielding female, a slight spark in his eyes.

He nodded slowly, watching as the two fired their weapons. He didn't understand how they could be so calm right now! Anyway, he couldn't let them do all the work... He raised his gun shakily, pointing it towards one of the things. He closed his eyes, pressing down on the trigger. The bang it made afterwards made him jump. He opened one of his eyes a little, to see he'd missed the target, and instead hit the ship. "Oops..." He mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck. He'd never actually fired a gun before, so he was prettyinexperienced, but he was trying.

(My posts are short right now, because I'm at school~ ._.)

"I know I missed, but you have no sense in aim!" She said as she inched closer to the creatures. She shot off another bullet, this time hitting it in the eye. "Target down." she said as she shot the other one in its eye as well before running into the brush and back out behind them, attempting to stab one in a weak spot, and then backing out. "Aim for the eyes, and then switch to melee. That is what I found as the key." She stated, hoping she hit it right.

He acted in mock shock, putting a hand to his chest. "I have great aim!" He retorted, demonstrating by hitting the third between the eyes. Weather or not it collapsed because of him, or the female. He didn't really care. "See... Perfect." He rolled his eyes, trotting over happily to the dead things sprawled out on the floor. We'll he hoped they were dead... He took a knife out his back pocket and set to work trying to get the head of his chosen creature. "C'mon then, you fucked up chicken..." He cooed, taking the head off with one last tug. He balanced it atop his head, shuffling back over to the rest of the group. "We'll that was fun, dontcha think~?"

She rolled her eyes and sheathed her weapons after spinning her revolver around a few times. "Just be lucky that I was here to watch your back." She said as she narrowed her eyes at him.

Nix sat in a tree nearby, watching the group shoot at the creature. Her electric blue eyes, clearly not human, glowed as she gazed at them. For a moment she contemplated joining in and helping this sad bunch; however she was more interested in how they would handle this first. A smirk worked its way onto her features as their banter filtered in over the growls of the creatures and gunshots. Once the creature fell, Nix's eyes fell onto the retreating hovercraft. It was likely this bunch stirred up some trouble and it wouldn't be long before these woods would be ravaged by these animals.
Nix hopped down from the tree, creating no sound. She had been on the run since the invasion, well more like occupation. They had no chance from the get. Nix lingered, looking in the direction of the group. She could wait, and link up with them. It would be nice to finally have some human interaction, or she could go on alone. She was used to it by now. "If it's meant to be, I'll see them soon enough." Nix said to herself before disappearing.

Valyssa walked cautiously out of the brush, some few yards away. She wondered what the commotion was, why people were carelessly firing off guns. Seeing the dead creatures on the ground, she quickly realized what had happened. She was impressed that they hadn't taken much, if any, injuries at all.

"I'm Valyssa," She started, walking over to make sure one was truly dead, stabbing it in the neck, then again through the skull. "Always double tap, no matter the enemy. Who knows what wicked things these creatures could have in store for us."

((Hoping to help revive this. It looks interesting.))

Reactions: k-michelle412
In precaution, she pointed her gun at the newcomer. "Who are you?" She asked, even though she hadn't asked the people who she protected. "And how long have you been here?" Another question escaped from her as she crossed her katana over her other weapon.
((Yeah I've been waiting for someone else to reply >.>))

Valyssa shrugged, and held sword up in defense, just as a cautionary action, as the person confronting her seemed to be a bit on edge also. "I'll indulge your will to make conversation a while. I'm Valyssa, as I stated a minute ago." She said, stepping away from the creature, keeping her eyes on the katana-wielding female. With one hand, she slipped the mask from the tip of her nose and mouth, and slid it down around her neck. The right side of her face donned a scar originating from the edge of her mouth, to where the furthest tooth in her mouth was, almost at the joint of her jaw.

Valyssa's left eye was also completely white, blinded and destroyed by a small amount of toxin that found its way in. Her black hair flowed to elbow length of her almost fragile-looking body. The scar on her face seemed to stretch ever so slightly as she talked, sure to gross someone out. "I'm more of a freelance agent of death. I've been here for a few weeks, in this vicinity, I mean. Your gunfire disturbed the only peaceful sleep I've had in three days and nights." Valyssa said, slowly lowering her sword.

(Hoping this one gets the rest involved soon)

Nix sat beneath a tree, whittling away at a piece of wood. Metal weapons were rare since after the "invasion" most weapons were claimed immediately. She licked her drying lips as chips of wood fell around her. She eyed what was becoming of her knife with a slight smile. She had a nice set up in the wood. Those creatures didn't venture into it much and when they did, only a few miles deep. She'd lived here for a year and knew it pretty well. Nix knew of the rebel camp not too far off, but she stayed clear of it. When a group like that gets too big, it causes trouble, and since her capture three years ago, Nix wasn't risking it. Ever. Nix sort of wondered who those kids in the woods were but kept her curiosity at bay. She wouldn't risk her life for another's, not after last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.