In Darkness They Came

Status
Not open for further replies.
Julia sighed and lowered her weapons, sheathing both the sword and revolver, patting her right side, the side her katana rested, and smirked a little. "Well, seeing as how I don't know any of you very well..." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "First of all, there's one more person than what is seen here..." She stated as she clapped her hands together and held them in place, then making a fist except for the first to fingers on each hand. "Any idea who it is?"

Frank's eyes went to the newcomer, listening as she conversed with the female he already knew. Well, sort of. "I don't know who it is, but..." He trailed off, pointing towards the trees and closing one of his eyes, looking along the finger he was pointing. He could just make out the shadow of a figure, not far off, but not too close, either. He adjusted the head he was holding in his hands, and put it ontop of his own head. He didn't care if he messed his hair up, he was going to have a nice long bath as soon as he got back to camp, anyway.

Griffin, who had just stood there silently watching the previous events fold out, had momentarily forgotten about his brother. A low groan in one of the bushes reminded him that Harry was still lying there, slowly regaining consciousness. "Oh crap!" He quickly scrambled over to the bush and pulled the younger sibling out, hugging him to his chest tightly. "I'm so sorry, harry!" Griffin said, looking down into the younger male's eyes. Harry was still pretty out of it, so he just nodded in reply, grunting, his eyes fluttering closed as he fell back into a light state of sleep. A small smile settled on the older's lips, as he hauled him up, holding him to his chest before standing up again. He sidestepped a few times until he was just in front of his back, where he leaned down and slung it onto his back, being careful not to drop his brother. "Are they friendly?" He piped up, hearing the others conversation.

(I kept meaning to reply, but I put it off everytime.. And eventually forgot. Sorry. .-.)

Reactions: k-michelle412
"I've seen that one a few times," Valyssa started, looking toward the figure, perfectly veiled in shadows. "Only at a glance though. Whoever it is, they aren't much for conversation, and tend not to stray too close to others." She finished, sheathing her blade. Valyssa had a few encounters with the one most simply called a ghost.

Every encounter was the same. Never lasting more than five minutes at most, each time with no words spoken, and the 'ghost' always shrouded in darkness. She couldn't say for sure who or what they were, only that this person wasn't necessarily hostile, though there was no reason to believe they weren't. Valyssa shrugged, and kicked one of the creatures, just for good measure.

Julia turned around and saw what seemed to be an older sibling to the smaller child in his arms. She then remembered she hadn't yet introduced herself to the lot of strangers she had just met. "Where are my manners." She placed her right hand on her chest and gave off a slight bow. "I am Julia. I study in the creatures that we had just slain in battle." She said as she looked at everyone's face. "I must ask you three questions before you tell me your names, however." Julia told them before they could even respond. "How many clickers have you each killed, how many people have you killed and why?" Her expression turned from smirking to serious, a look that said If you answer wrong, you're dead.
((The color is only light like the last post when she's closing her eyes and making symbols with her hands.))

(Alrighty..)

"I've killed one of those things, and two humans. Because they were trying to kill me." Frank answered, fiddling idly with his gun, eyes fixed on the female he was talking to. It she tried anything, he wouldn't hesitate to retaliate...

"I haven't killed anyone, or anything... Neither has Harry." Griffin said, looking over to the female. The newcomers scared him somewhat. They seemed to be alot more rash and aggressive, and he knew, that if he caused any trouble, they probably wouldn't hesitate to dispose of him. He just hoped that nothing like that would happen too soon... He had his younger brother to take care of. He may of only been a few years older than Harry, but the younger sibling still needed him.

Julia looked at the two for a short while and then nodded. "Alright. Excuse my manners. You can never be too cautious in a world like this, so forgive me if I caused any trouble." She said as he bows again. "And if you wish for me to answer, I have killed four clickers, including the ones we just killed. Never have I killed any human because I have not seen a person for quite some time up until this point."

Nix kept an ear on the group. They were getting closer, and a few time referred to her location. She hadn't strayed far for that reason, she was interested in them. She smirked as they introduced themselves and recited how many kills. "How morbid." Nix laughed quietly to herself. For a group wanting peace and their world back, they've killed quite a lot, not that she should be one to talk.
Finishing her makeshift knife, Nix slipped it into her waistband and stood. She dusted the dry leaves and dirt from her pants and leaned against the tree. Nix contemplated walking over and introducing herself, but then she would have to deal with possibly being attacked and having to explain herself, something she really did not have the patience for. So, Nix would wait for them to come to her.

Valyssa answered the question next. "I've killed plenty of both, and plenty of both have threatened to put an end to my life." She said, looking at her blade. "It is only by fate that any life ends, and only by chance, that it is yours, not mine. Fair words from someone who would've struck me down moments later, had it not been for my will to survive." Valyssa finished, tilting her head slightly, and closing her eyes.

"As long as you would welcome a fellow survivor, I can promise that I won't cause much trouble. I can't say that trouble doesn't have a thing for me, though." Valyssa noticed one person looking at her with a small face of concern. "Erm, nothing more than a small but nasty lot who would see everyone else dead, so that they can be the rightful 'heirs to humanity'. I killed one of theirs out of self-defense."

Julia nodded again. "As long as we all have trust, we can survive. Now I must ask another question. How long has it been since anyone here has eaten?" She reached into her backpack, it was a small one that was dark red and had three compartments. She pulled out a single loaf of bread and put her pack back on.

"Sure beats what I had." Valyssa said, pulling out a single, half-eaten jar of peanut butter. It wasn't very good, and was actually a knock-off of a knock-off of a knock-off, but it was the best she could do, what with the surrounding areas being picked clean of more and more supplies. The only place in what felt like a million miles of traveling was basically untouched, though its goodies were all stale, to the point she actually got a bit sick last time.

There were sticks laying on the ground in front of her. "Should we get a small fire started?" Valyssa asked, hoping to get a bit of warmth to combat the slow, but unusually cool breeze.

"What have we got here?" A tall, dark man, clad in an off brown trench coat said, as he walked out of the woods, and snatched the jar from Valyssa's hand. "Ooooh, peanut butter." He continued, making his way toward the girl with the bread. The man stopped just short, and made no attempt to cause trouble with this individual, and instead turned to the two sibling boys. "You two don't look like you belong in this.. group. What do you whelps bring the group?" He asked, as he approached them, ever so slowly, a wicked smile plastered on his face.

(This man is mainly intended to have a few minor encounters with Valyssa, but you all can confront him, if you'd like.)

(Hope you guys don't mind if I join on the fun.)

"Liam..." he heard a voice echo in his head. He opened his eyes as he just laid on the cold concrete ground as he stared up at the sky for a moment. Soon, it was disappeared as something blocked his view. His vision was blurry till it got closer to him. It was those things again. It grabbed him and threw him through a building. It began communicating through clicking noises. He got up as he looked at them. He struggled to get up but he managed. His helmet peeped as it scanned. It turned green as it found its target. He's been searching for that damn thing for weeks. They looked at him and snarled at him as they began to get closer to him. He clinched his fists as he laid flat against the wall. His left foot placed flat on the wall as well as he was preparing for his attack. It got a little closer. "Closer..." he whispered to himself. As it got closer to him, he dashed forward and grabbed its legs and rolled as it fell to the ground and he ran on top of it and pulled his knife from his side and stabbed it in the side of the neck. "Their it is..." he said as he saw the chip that he needed. As he reached for it. He was slashed by a tail as he flew into a car. It hurt pretty good but he managed to get over it. He saw that their was once 2 but now 4. He shook his head and looked at the building that was on fire. He looked at the one crazy bird looking thing that could be from Pokemon but was evil and killed people and took over worlds that didn't belong to them. He saw a spark on the building which caused a huge explosion which sent him and everything in it's path flying. That explosion hurt him bad.

8 minutes or less..
Liam moved the rumble that buried him as he looked around and saw that one stupid thing he's been hunting and struggled to walk over their but made it...eventually. He reached down and pulled the chip from its neck and held it in his hands. He smiled but it was soon gone as one of them busted through the rumble and began to chase him in a horrid scream. He ran and ran as he was grabbed and thrown. His body slammed hard on the ground as the thing jumped and slammed on top of him. He clawed and scratched on his suit. His screen blinked "WARNING! WARNING!". He had to do something. He looked at the nearest propane tank which was...well....10 feet away from. He reached to his other said and grabbed his pistol and shot at the propane tank several times as it blew up and they both slide. They both connected to each other. It still had a little fight left in it but not for long. Its mouth closed on his waist as he began shooting it in the head. But it kept going he looked for something and then he saw it. The cord on it's neck! He grabbed it and ripped it out and then thing just stopped. He pushed it away from him and got up. He was losing blood. Lots of it. He began walking as he heard voices near by....but what he didn't know was he was being followed but one of those things that was suppose to be dead. He found his big bag of goodies and grabbed it. He listened to the voices and began to walk in that direction. He prayed they were friendly. His suit wasn't just any other suit you'd see...it was different...very different.

Nix clenched her teeth, hissing as pain seared into her skull. She squeezed her eyes shut, curling into a fetal position. In her mind's eye, flashes of a suited man appeared. They were quick, only seconds of images. A masked man fighting, killing those things. She could feel the pain of the creatures, she could feel each blast, kick, and stab. Her body twitched with the pain filtered into her system, and what felt like hours later, the flashes stopped. Nix gasped, flattening against the ground, eyes shooting open and staring at the leaf-obscured sky. She panted heavily, as the pain ebbed away.
Quickly, her body relaxed as it registered that the pain she felt was not her own and that she was safe. Exhaling deeply, Nix sat up slowly and carefully. "God, I hate that guy," Nix grumbled, rubbing her head as a headache began. Ever since those things replaced her eyes with there's as a type of strange experiment, she's been seeing that man through the eyes of the clickers. Any attack concerning that man, they sent out a mental message, showing the images, the pain, and the aftermath. She hated every second of it, but it wasn't without its perks. Over time, Nix had figured out how to reverse it, look into their minds without them knowing. It hurt like hell, worse than when they sent images to her, so it wasn't often she utilized this attribute.
Standing and dusting off her clothes, Nix huffed a sigh. "I really, really hate that guy," Nix grumbled as she hopped up and caught the branch above her. She hoisted herself up, placing a knee on the branch, steadying herself before grabbing the next branch. A few feet up and Nix grabbed her two bags. A large backpack and a smaller one she could attach to her upper thigh. Nix dropped to the ground to head out. She had caught a vision of that man coming and there was one of those things following him. Nix definitely did not want to be there when it came. She walked a few feet before glancing in the direction of the group and heaved a sigh. "God fucking dammit," Nix hurried over to the group, not even masking her presence. "Alright look, there's a man coming and one of those clicker things is following him. He doesn't know so either scram and live or fight it. I, for one, am not staying." Nix seemed overly defensive as she stood there, a scowl on her face, arms crossed, and hip cocked to the side. She wasn't one much for interpersonal interaction, especially in groups.

Julia looked at Nix and closed her eyes. "If what you say is true, then I will sense it..." She made another symbol, this time she made the shape of a triangle with her thumbs and index fingers. "The man you speak of does not seem to be in good health... I know not of what you guys will do, but I shall stay and fight." The girl sighed and panted a little before she opened her eyes and followed up with pulling out her gun and katana. "If you're staying to fight, the weak points are the eyes, neck and legs. Anywhere else would do little to nothing to them." Julia turned around to face the direction of where she sensed extra presence.

About a year ago, she was captured and experimented upon by the alien creatures she now refers to as 'Clickers'. They didn't cut her or jab things into her, they tried something different. For months she was placed in a container while she was knocked out with a chemical inside the liquid which the container held. It was a pink hued, water substance that one could breathe in. After the clickers decided to take her out, they had discovered that by putting her into the substance she gained slight powers. This power is refered to as aura tracking and when used, takes up more energy the longer and more you use it and to be able to use this you must concentrate. In Julia's case, she has to make a symbol with her hands in order to make an accurate calculation on the speed at which one is moving and the coordinates. However, most of the time she cannot get the exact area, only the direction one is in or coming from. Julia has also learned how to utilize this to sense the rate of one's heart beat, so she can tell when someone is lying, injured badly, etc.

Valyssa pulled out her sword, and began cleaning the blade of the dried blood from earlier. "Count me in. Those things deserve a little payback after ransacking my last little hideout." She said, still cleaning the last bit of blood. As she cleaned it off, she swirled it around to stop in front of her, pointed towards the woods. "I'll be ready if more than just the one uninvited guest decide to greet us."

The man in the trench coat had already taken off into the woods. While everyone was busy, he had 'borrowed' the bread, and made his escape. He didn't care much for small talk and being around others, except when it suited him to do so, and in this case, he had bread and peanut butter to show for it.

He struggled with his walk as he looked behind him and stopped as he listened. He felt something watching him or following him. The voices were getting closer. As he turned back around he was tackled by the Clicker. He and the Clicker rolled and bounced off the ground and settled on the ground. They fought as Liam kicked and pushed it off it. He saw as the few people stared at him and the Clicker and was going to charge but he saw another heading there way. "Shit.." he said as he grabbed it's neck and snapped it and the thing went limp as it laid on the ground. He charged as the other Clicker closed in on them and stood in front of them as the Clicker forcefully sent him flying into several trees but came back with a bigger blow. They fought and fought as another one came by. He was fighting two at once and winning...somewhat. He ran on one of their bodies and grabbed it's head and ripped it off as the blood or fluids spilled all over the air and on his body like a shower. He looked at the other one and grinned as the other snarled and charged for him. It was like a human fighting a god. But the human one. As the fight ended on his part. One the Clickers were still alive but was dying. Liam walked over to it and kneeled as he sat it's hand on its head "Shhhh...it's going to be okay..." he said quietly. He grabbed it's knife and covered it's eyes. The Clicker began to calm itself as he smiled a little "There you go..this'll be quick..I promise." he said as he jabbed the knife in its neck and the Clicker died with no pain. He stood up and looked around and saw the people near him. They just stared at him. His suit was need repair or a new suit. His bag on his shoulder had it. "More is coming. We have to move.." he said as he struggled to stand up. He was bleeding.

Julia stood in amazement. One guy killed more than one clicker with nothing but a knife. This guy was a threat in Julia's mind. A human? Kill multiple clickers on their own? Impossible. "I suggest you guys keep your weapons out." Julia said as she cautiously walked over. "Who are you?" Is what she asked, still out of reach, with her eyes closed and her hands making yet another symbol.

Nix stared at the girl making the symbols with her fingers as if she had grown another head. "You're seriously willing to risk your life to fight these things when you have ample time to get away." It wasn't a question. Nix's voice held slight condescension with a mocking tone. She shook her head with an unbelieving smile when another female spoke, also willing to fight. "You two," Nix pointed to each female, " are stupid," Nix said slowly as if speaking to children. "Anyone willing to risk their lives to fight one of those things for the hell of it, need to die. You're just going to get your friends hurt fighting stupid battles." Nix wasn't a very....kind person and never sugar coated her thoughts. "As for me, I'm le-"
Nix didn't get to finish her sentence as the man from her visions burst through the trees. Clickers charged him and Nix just observed how he fought. She never helped other in a fight, not until they were almost dead anyways, however, that wasn't necessary this time. The man made quick work of the creatures and soon both were dead. It was silent after the fight, dead silent. Any animals nearby had fled, sensing the danger. Not even settling wood and earth could be heard, which was odd. Very odd.
Nix looked around suspiciously, something wasn't right. Her eyes turned back to the masked man and then the group of kids around her. Yeah, she was not staying in this hell hole of a clearing. They've made too much noise and killed clickers. They would be found soon. "As I was saying," Nix started off turning to the two girls she was speaking with earlier. "I am leaving. They know we're here, but if you insist on a suicide mission, be my guest and die." Nix faked a smile, watching one of them walk towards that man showing clear hostility. "You might wanna be nice to him, by the way, he'll kill you before you see him move." Another fake smile and Nix turned on her heel. "Anyone who doesn't want to die today can follow me," She called out walking into the woods, chocolate brown hair, pulled up into a waist-length ponytail, swinging back and forth behind her as she walked.

Griffin poked his head round the tree he had been hiding behind, eyes scanning over this suited male, and the dead Clickers at his feet. He noted the blood. So much blood. It was everywhere... Is hands were shaking, making it harder to hold his brother up, and the bag on his back was making his shoulders ache. He was scared. Terrified. He didn't want to be here... Why hadn't he and his brother just stayed back where they were! At least they had been safe. Out here they were surrounded by death, and fear, and blood... And people who seemed as though they could kill, just by looking at their enemy! He wanted to go back... He wanted this all to be over... Why did those things have to chose this planet to invade? Surely there were others out there. Better ones...? Maybe not... He would never know.

He lowered his head, staring at the dirt beneath his feet. He had to be stronger than this. If he was going to survive out here, he would have to man up. Because there was no going back. And he knew it.

Frank had been stood leaning against a tree, silent, seemingly not bothered by the conversations, or now bloodshed going on around him. Finally, when all the Clickers lay dead, he stepped forewards and looked towards Nix. He didn't want to die. Well, he wouldn't mind staying to fight, but that was just plain stupid. His plan in the end was to head back to camp. There he could clean up, and get some grub. Maybe this Nix person was headed there. He didn't know. If she wasn't it didn't matter. He knew his way pretty well around these woods, so wherever they went he could get back. He just hoped it would be safe. "Think I'm gonna come with you." He announced, jumping over a bush in his way to get to the female. He checked behind him to see Griffin following, carrying his brother. He looked to be struggling a bit... But he decided not to help. Not yet. He could manage on his own. For now. Probably.

Reactions: k-michelle412
Nix glanced to her side seeing a boy following her. "Finally some common sense, I like you...for now," Nix said, looking behind her to who else was coming, if anyone. Nix noted two boys, probably brothers, following along as well. She nodded to herself, turning back and continuing. "I'm not going to the camp, by the way, I don't like them," Nix mentioned as they walked further into the woods. "I have my own camp, near a lake so you can take a bath and uh," Nix glanced at the boy who had come first, "Not smell like crap." Nix wasn't concerned if the others from the clearing followed, hell she barely cared that these boys were here, but she didn't doubt that they would find her if necessary, they seemed more than capable of that task.

Status
Not open for further replies.