In Darkness They Came

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yeah, right. Thanks." He rolled his eyes, shaking his head somewhat as he followed. He knew he smelt terrible. He didn't perticularly care. Most of the people he'd met to day stank to high heaven. He hadn't said anything about it though, of course. That would be rude. Which of course he was not. ... Mhm.

At the back of the small group of four, Harry was beginning to stir, waking up again. "Where we..." He mumbled quietly, rubbing his eyes. He had to lean back against his brother as he was set down gently, feet touching the ground softly. He staggered forwards a few paces, stretching his arms above his head with a long yawn. He couldn't remember why he had been asleep, or what he was doing here. His head hurt though. It hurt alot. "We're just following these guy somewhere safe. When we get there we can eat, and have a good wash. Promise." He reassured his brother, ushering him forewards quickly, as they were lagging behind. Harry did a quick little jump-skip-run-thing until he had caught up with the male up front, Frank, with Griffin just behind. "Mkay.." The younger sibling mumbled. He wasn't perticularly bothered where they were going now. If his brother said it was safe, then it must be.

Nix shrugged apathetically as the group walked deep into the forest. From her time here, Nix had found a nice little lake and built a small shack-like house near the edge. It was shrouded by the trees for security. The lake was half covered by the tree branches overhanging the water, a sloped bank carried a few rocks that one could sit upon on a nice warm day and maybe forget about the carnage and war going on outside these woods. It had a small kitchen, fireplace, and blankets on the floor with a pillow or two for a makeshift bed. There was an outhouse a few yards away, closer to the trees so it didn't contaminate the water. It had taken some time to build, and quite a few trips into the clicker-infested territory to steal some supplies as well.
It took about fifteen minutes to trek through the trees and brush until the group came upon the house. "Here it is," Nix announced as she walked deliberately towards her "home." She opened the wooden door, allowing the boys to enter themselves. "There's blankets over there, this is the kitchen...kind of, and the outhouse is a few yards away from the house," Nix explained pointing to each thing she pointed out. Nix walked into the back, where she had pointed out the blankets, sliding open a door at the back of the room. She pulled out a new shirt and a pair of leather pants, she needed a bath. "I'm going to the lake, make yourselves at home I guess," Nix said passively as she left for the lake.
Nix pulled off her clothes, piling up the dirty ones on the ground, the clean ones were laid out on the rock. Nix slipped into the water, sighing deeply. The lake was always something that calmed the girl. It was silent here, for the most part. The birds sang, and sometimes you could hear the rustle of grass as fawn and other animals passed by. Sometimes they came to the lake to drink and often times this same lake was a source of food for Nix. She slipped beneath the surface of the water, enjoying the freedom of it.

The three followed silently, listening to the female as she pointed out each thing.

It's quite nice... Frank thought as he looked around. Not as nice as our camp... But it's alright. As soon as Nix had gone off to the lake, he looked about the kitchen, searching for some form of food. He was hungry, and, he was 'making himself at home' as she'd said. He placed his gun and the Clicker head to the side on the floor, so his hands were free, making it easier to search for the edibles he was after.

"It's nice here, huh?" Harry said, grinning up at his brother. "Yeah. Nicer than that place we had." Griffin replied, ruffling the youngers greesy brown hair. He could see Frank out of the corner of his eye, but ignored him, he didn't want to stir up any trouble. "When can we wash?" Griffin shrugged. "When she come's back, I guess.."

Nix didn't take long in the water, she was more interested in getting clean today, and making sure those boys didn't tear apart her home or something. She waded out of the water, squeezing out the water from her hair and drying off with a stolen towel. Nix dressed quickly, pulling on a tshirt and her signature leather pants. She gathered up her old clothes, heading back to her house. Nix walked in, dumping her dirty clothes in a basket in her closet. "There is fruit in the back on the bushes, don't eat the small red berries, just the blackberries and if you want real food, one of you has to go hunting for a deer," Nix announced as she walked into her small kitchen.

Liam just looked around and watched as another girl fled as fast as she could and just shook his head. Then he looked at the weird girl who was making symbols with her fingers and stuff. He tilted his head and spoke. "Who I am is no importance right now. She is right. They know we are here, they are heading this way. I need you to follow that woman as fast as you can and I'll catch up. I'll hold them off as long as I can." He said as he heard the snarls and growls in the background. They were coming. His suit beeped at him. "You must get to shelter. You're losing blood." a females A.I. Voice spoke. "I'll be fine." He said as he looked at the girl and held his hand up at her and she began sliding back a little. " I said go..." He said as the wind started to pick up.

Valyssa stood with her sword still at the ready, waiting for the rush of enemies. The most recent foes lay lifeless on the ground, not far from her. Valyssa remained more or less quiet and focused through the ordeal. As more people were leaving she let out a sigh. More cowards, She thought. The thought of running from a good fight against those who have claimed the world you call home, was just disgusting to her. She couldn't comprehend the concept of 'living to fight another day'. Why not fight now? Whether she live or die, she was sure to take some with her.

"They're coming." Valyssa said, in a low but audible voice. She couldn't sense them, nor had any powers related to sense, but she did know it wasn't right when things were too quiet. She pushed her right foot back a bit, and waited for her first opponent to show itself.

Julia stopped with the aura sense and panted. She took a small jump backwards. "No man or woman gets left behind by me. Esspecially ones in need of help. You cannot change my mind, so I suggest you stand up and get behind me. Now." She said in a commanding voice as she gritted her teeth. She started clicking her tongue in a pattern, not seeming very confident. At this point, she was just trying to tell them the area is clear and to turn back, but she didn't quite have a grasp on the language yet, so she had no idea if she was saying 'turn back' or not. With her weapons at ready, she stopped clicking to listen for a response. ((The color darkens when she's being dead serious.))

Liam looked at her and didn't listen to her. He wasn't going to be commanded by no one. Especially from her. He looked at her as she was making the noises they make. He listened and all of a sudden the vibrations stopped. It was silent. He covered her mouth "Shhhh..." he said as the clicking noises got very annoying. He removed his hand from her mouth. "Let's go..they won't take the bait for too long. They'll send a drone out to take a look. We must move. He said as he looked at her. "First of all...don't command me. I can take care of the 4 that was coming. You have no clue what I'm capable of. Try and hurt me, I'll snap you in half." he said in a tone that would send chills down anyone's spine human or not. He rustled the bags over his shoulder and started walking into the direction that girl went. Scanning her foot prints.

"You lot sure don't envy the chance to show your worth, do you?" Valyssa said, keeping her sword held up in a defensive stance. It just didn't feel right to let her guard down. "How do you know you didn't just invite them over to rip our eyes out of their sockets?" She asked, wondering if their abilities were to be fully believed, and pondering the possibly that they could already be surrounded. Valyssa was a cautious one, to put it lightly. When faced with the utter silence of the void, there was usually something bad that happened.

The clickers gathered inside what humans called a headquarters. Their strange clicking language was coming from each creature. It was hurried and somewhat panicked. There was chaos within the large metal room until a loud, deep growl penetrated all conversation. A creature, larger than the other creatures slunk into the room. It's eyes were covered by what looked like a bone mask, its teeth were razor sharp, showing at it growled, challenging any of the subordinate creatures to go against him. This clicker was different than the others. It could see through the eyes of all of its followers, knew what its soldiers knew.
The leader was angry. It knew of the man in the mask and how he killed his soldiers so easily. It also wanted his experiments back. It wasn't hard to take control of the majority of the weak human race, however, the leaders inquiry did not stop there. He wanted more, wanted to see what the humans were capable of if he could fuse them with his own. The one was able to sense others and the second female saw what they saw, felt what they felt, knew what they knew, much like himself. The clicking noise began again, but only the voice of the leader was heard. He wanted the women back. He wanted to control them.

A drone sailed through the sky, searching. The leader had sent it out to find the masked man. He had killed many of them and was on the leader's most wanted list, preferably dead. It scanned the roads it flew over, nearing the woods where the man was last seen. It got close when nervous clicking was heard. It would have been quite convincing if not for the hesitation in the words. The drone paused, driven by auditory commands. It hovered at the edge of the forest, waiting. The first command was soft, unsure so the drone stayed where it was, waiting for a firmer command. When none came, it slowly inched forward, scanning the first few yards. Finding nothing, and no one, the drone turned back and flew away, deeming the area clear and human free.

((OOC: so these creatures aren't mine so if controlling them isn't cool, lemme know))
Robosteel-Aliens.jpg

((That thing is awesome looking))
She growled at the masked man and then put her weapons away. "You can't intimidate me like that. You may be strong but I can feel your heart beat. Liar. You wouldn't kill someone who just drove something away like that." This time Julia seemed confident in her words, scowling down the stranger. "You still never told us who you are." Though her tone was annoyance with a slight hint of tiredness, it was also low, almost as if she was trying to be quiet but also a little bit intimidating.

Reactions: k-michelle412
Liam just looked at her and stopped and pulled his knife out and grabbed the woman by her throat and slammed her on the ground. The edges of the knife digging into her neck. "Test me. And you shall see. You may hear my heart beat, but what I see is nothing but someone who is too cocky in her own words." He said as he stared her in the eyes. He would kill her. He could kill her. He's done it before and he can do it again. "You think you're smart. But one day your going to get yourself killed because of your actions. Let me see you do what I do. Let me see you go through what I've been through. You have no idea what and who I am." He snarled as the nice pressed firmly on her neck. He got up and looked at her. "My name is Liam Anderson." He said as quite as possibly. His name is known everywhere. Including to the clickers.

Julia winced as she is thrown to the ground and spoken to in such a way that actually scared her for the first time in the span of a few days. The knife in her neck only made her cringe in pain, leaving one eye closed and the other one to look him straight in the face. She struggled to breathe and she grasped his arm, trying to loosen his grip when he let go and finally stated his name to her. The girl was hesitant to get up, but she did after a moment or two, letting what just happened process in her head.

After she stood up she took the hoodie of the cloak off of her head, showing her face to the people, who hadn't left, for the first time. She looked about 20 but in actuality she was only 17. She cleared her throat. "Well fine then. But that doesn't change the fact you still need to get bandaged up before you bleed out. I'm sure I can whip somthing up with leaves and spider webs." She sighed and then mumbled to herself. "Or I could just leave him in a ditch..."
((slightly lighter means quieter :3))

"Gotcha.." Frank said, immediately going out. It took him a while to find the bushes. Once spotted though, he ran over to them, and began to pick berries off them, though not he red ones, as he'd been instructed.

"Now..?" Griffin nodded and looked towards Nix, wrapping an arm around his brothers shoulder. "We're gonna go down to the lake to wash.." He said, heading towards the door. Once outside they made their way down to the water. They each stripped, dumping their clothes at the edge. Harry rubbed his hands together in anticipation, before jumping in, making a small splash. Griffin chuckled quietly, a small smile snaking its way onto his face, before slipping into the water himself. "Ah... This is nice.."

Liam looked at her when she spoke to him. He chuckled and shook his head. "Remember. I not your ordinary guy. I may be wounded pretty bad but I have survived from worse. I can kill you and the coward that ran off like a little bitch to save herself with no problem." he said as he kept walking. "Now, if you wish to help with the wounds then you may but not till we get to this cowards place." he said as he scanned the ground and looked up and could see that they weren't far at all. He was losing a lot of blood but he didn't care. He needed to get somewhere safe. They weren't safe in the open like this. They were looking for him. All of them.

It didn't take them long to find them. "We're here." he said as he kept walking up to the house. He saw couple of boys run out into the bushes. He shook his head. "Our planet gets taken by fucking Aliens and this chick wants to play house.." he said as he got up. A sharp pain struck his side that made him immediately fall to the ground. He held his side as his hand was placed on the ground. He huffed and puffed as he made the attempt to get up. He struggled a little but made it. He stared at the house, seeing the girl in the kitchen. He pretty irritated with this woman.

He opened the door and walked into the kitchen and stood their watching that woman do her thing. He looked at the others and shook his head. Letting them know not to say anything. He just stared at her. Soon he spoke "Having fun playing house, Coward?" he asked as he just stood their in disgust with her as he was bleeding out. He was dripping blood from his suit. He need medical attention. Quick. He may be strong but he's not immortal.

The young girl sighed as she stayed outside of the cabin that the other lady inhabited. She walked around, grabbing leaves, of course after checking if they were the correct type, and searched for spider webs. Julia had to fend for herself for as long as she could remember, so it wasn't too awfully surprising that she had picked up a few healing tricks along the way. Once she found the desired amount of webs, she walked back to the house and grabbed Liam by the back of his attire and sat him down before she kneeled behind him. "Take off your shirt. I need to apply the medication. And don't worry, it is perfectly safe, though it will cause stinging and itching."

Last edited by a moderator:
Nix stood in the kitchen, chopping up a few vegetables she had stolen not too long ago. It took an unmentionable amount of control to not slice the intruders head off as he barged into her house. Nix didn't so much as blink an eye as he spoke to her, dumping the chopped vegetables into a pot of boiling water she had just outside her back door. Once she came back in, Nix spoke. "You have five seconds to get the hell out of my house before I cut both of your feet off." Nix picked up the rather large knife she had been using. "I don't know you, either of you, and I don't like you. Now that that's cleared up. Get out." Her voice didn't change in intonation, in fact, it remained even and rather bored. Nix held a deep hatred of outsiders. The only reason she let the boys in was because it was clear they would die in any sort of fight, considering the brothers were hiding the entire time, Frank she wasn't too sure about but then again, she didn't really care. The knife she held twirled between her fingers as the younger girl brought in some leaves and spider webs. Nix was all for natural remedies or whatever, but that just looked crazy. Heaving a sigh and rolling her eyes, Nix jammed the knife into the cutting board, where it stayed standing, hilt in the air. She reached up to the top cabinet, pulling down a first aid kit. Nix walked up to the kneeling girl, pulled her to standing, and shoved the box roughly into her chest. "Take it, get out. Got it." Nix shoved the girl back towards the door, hard enough to make her fall backwards before grabbing the guy in a similar manner. "And you, get far away from my house. Those things are after you, not me. I'm not going back there for some punk ass kids who think they're all big and bad because they have weapons, especially a guy like you. She has a kit that will fix you up, you got what you want so leave." Nix shoved him away from her as well. "Call me what you want, I honestly could care less. I'm not dying for some self-righteous kids who think they can save the world because they have weapons and a fancy suit of armour."

Julia scowled as she is pushed, but she stands straight and sighs. "Alright, fine. But you need this kit more than he or I do. I've gotten along just fine with anything I could find in the wilderness. But I'll totally take the box." She had a fondness for things she could keep her own herbs and things in, so she would go out looking for crates and boxes every now an again. "I have my own place to stay, come on, Liam." Again she ordered.

The one thing you don't do to Liam is put your hands on him. Male of female. He doesn't hit women but when they have it coming to them then it's necessary. As the woman put her hands on him and the other girl. Liam grabbed the girls hand and twisted it, making her spin onto the ground. Liam grabbed the knife from his side and stuck it to her throat, pressing firmly on her neck. "Listen to me very carefully. Don't act all tough when you're nothing but coward and a waste. I should tie you up and leave you here to die, get torn apart. But if you piss me off enough, I'll just do it myself." he said as he dug the knife in her neck more. His voice had that tone that sent chills to anybodies spine. "Now, what you are going to do is shut your whore mouth and go back to playing house." he said as he got her up and saw something move to the side. He shoved her to the side as a miniature one of those things tackled him to the ground. It was a little bigger than half a tree. He wrestled it and wrestled it. "Julia! Get everyone inside! Now!!" he yelled as the thing looked directly at Julia. It pounced of him and toward her. Liam got up and he grabbed it's foot. "Now!!" he yelled as he continued to fight the thing. He wasn't going to let it hurt anyone or anything. Not on his watch.

This is what his suit looks like.
tumblr_maau837Ue41qmy3ugo1_1280.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
((I'll try anyways... IMPROV TIME))
Julia quirked an eyebrow at Liam quite curiously, but quickly realized that he needed treatment, and fast. He was hallucanating from the extreme blood loss that was going on and he had fallen to the ground and started shouting orders. "No time to run, we have to help him, now!" She quickly got down on her knees and started trying to figure out his suit. "Ah! Dammit! How do I get this thing open!?" She growled in frustration as she tried everything in her power to get the thing open, but she had never dealt with this kind of tech. "We'll leave after we help him, he's lost too much blood to be running around too much." Before the other lady could respond, she continued with a more serious and intimidating voice. "I do not care about how you feel about this situation or that you don't care for any other human being, but if you care for yourself then you better damn well listen to me because if he dies, we have less of a chance of beating those clickers and you will die. Do you understand me?"

Reactions: k-michelle412
Status
Not open for further replies.