Impossible Love (Completed)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Re: Impossible Love

Efron wrapped his arms around her and held her tighter than ever. He put on hand on the back of her head, moving his hand through her hair. "I want you to. I am so happy to hear you say that. I spent all this time believing you didn't want me anymore. I tried so hard to perhaps move on but it didn't work. God I love you Emilee!" He kissed the top of her head and rested his head on hers. He was overjoyed with the outcome. He expected the worst, but the best thing happened. They both wanted each other. All the time they had together, had could anyone forget it?

The two sat there, Efron whispering sweet words to her. He wanted to comfort her. He knew the pain she must have been feeling. Although he could never truly get it, he knew that she was wronged and that was all he needed to know to sympathize. He wanted so much for her to be happy again.

Eventually Efron collected the young woman into his lap, pulling the blanket overtop of them and allowing her to sob. She was so overcome with bottled up emotions but she knew that his arms was a safe place to let them all free. All this time she had been barricading herself into her bedroom, knowing that he was the only one that could bring her back to life again.

"I-I-I thought you were dead," she cried, gripping onto the edge of the blanket and pressing her forehead into his shoulder, "I thought... I thought I heard gunshots, and I screamed at that door for you to let me through. There was wood and blood underneath my fingers from where I had scraped the wood. If you weren't in my life, it wasn't worth living."

Emilee choked back a few sobs and closed her eyes against the pain that welled in her chest. It was hard to fathom that it was Efron holding her, after she had been so sure that he was dead and gone all this time. "And then... and then the baby... and I... it was like a little piece of you." The thought of the lost life brought new pain to Emilee's heart, and she rested her palm against her chest. Then she looked up at him, "did... did Muti tell you what happened?"
Efron only nodded his head solemnly, expression grave in the moonlight.
Emilee squeezed her eyes shut again, "oh God, Ef... i-it... it was awful. The doctor... it was l-like I was an animal! H-he didn't... didn't even tell me what was happening. All I k-knew is that he was killing my baby. And then... then and... and then there was so much blood, and I hurt so badly..."

"Shh, Emilee. You don't have to tell me. You are not a bad person for this. You never will be. It's alright. We have each other again. That is all that matters. I will love you for as long as I live. Fate has brought me to you twice when it seemed like I would never see you again. I am not going to have to rely on it a third time. We will be together no matter what, I promise you this. This promise I will keep, whatever it takes Emilee. I love you." He turned her head towards his and placed his lips on hers.

The kiss was passionate, but loving. He put his hand on her cheek and held the kiss. Once he released he kissed her cheek and kept his eyes on hers. He wiped more tears from her cheeks as they ran down. Efron had gone through so much to be where he was then and there. Whatever it took, he would stay by her side and never leave. If it meant fighting off a million men, Efron would stand strong. Because Emilee was worth it. She had always been worth it.

They stayed curled up together on the little pallet for several more hours. Emilee relayed the last few months to Efron, how she had been so excited to have a baby at first. She explained that she had begun to crochet and sew all types of little outfits for the baby. Efron, his expression sad, just kissed her forehead and said that she could make as many little dresses and blankets for their next little one.
Emilee smiled at the thought of having a second chance. A family; oh, it was what she had always dreamed of. And not to mention that meant marriage and many passionate nights. Emilee wasn't sure which part was better.

They kissed and held each other until the dawn broke the horizon. Emilee, half asleep in Efron's arms, only faintly heard her mother come downwards. She heard the woman's voice, telling Efron to go upwards and rest in Emilee's room. The young woman only barely felt Efron picking her up, and then room they were in her room, his arms wrapping around her slender waist as they settled into her little cot. And now, it seemed, nothing had ever changed.

When they woke at nine the next morning, Emilee's cheeks were flushed. She was excited to have Efron back, but didn't want her mother to think they were doing anything funny in her home. The young woman made she to dress in a long-sleeved, modest dress before going downwards, Efron soon following afterwards.

Carole was dishing out some breakfast to her sons with the two emerged. The sturdy men looked to Efron, eying him carefully. Unlike Wolfe, though, they smiled at him in greeting. "Oh, you two are just in time for breakfast! And Efron, these are my three sons - Eckhart is the oldest, than Harry, and Wolfe Junior."
Efron surveyed them carefully and Emilee laughed softly. She pressed a hand against his arm and murmured, "don't worry, they don't bite nearly as hard as my father does."

Efron returned a smile and sat down at the table. He felt slightly uncomfortable but decided to ignore it. "Thank you for giving me food and a place to stay. I appreciate it. I won't stay long. As much as I've loved to. I have a job I need to get back to but early afternoon. It'll be a long walk but I should make it." His words came off uneasy. Efron wanted to stay as long as he could. He wanted to quit his job and stay with Emilee wherever that may be.

Efron slowly ate his food, partly to savor it but mostly to stall before he had to depart. He would surely come back to see Emilee, and hopefully try to move closer. He would have to keep a watch out for Wolfe as well.

Emilee didn't blame Efron was feeling uncomfortable around her brothers and family. Luckily, Wolfe was the only true cruel one in the family and he was often at the cafe. If Emilee would have it her way, the two would never cross paths again. That was unlikely if they wanted to have a future together, but Emilee would ensure that they saw as little of each other as possible.

"I don't know if I want to stay here, muti," Emilee murmured as she helped her mother fold the laundry that day. After everything that her mother had done for her - not to mention take her back in when she had run away for over a year - she didn't just want to disappear again. Plus, it was probably a little early to be running off with Efron. They were still just trying to get back onto their feet, romantically and in life in general.

Carole looked at her daughter and simply gently. She didn't want her to fret so much; the love between them was obvious, and had already survived so much. She was glad that her daughter had found such a wonderful man, just as she had many, many years ago. "You two will figure your lives out together. For now, it is probably best that you see each other only every once and awhile. I know you are in love, but you two need to go slowly this time around. No need to rush, now."
Emilee smiled lightly and nodded her head... considering how much she craved Efron's company, she doubted it would last long. Still, she knew her mother was right and that time would do them both well. Get to know each other again, and ease back into the relationship.

"I'm afraid vati will hurt him," she sighed, "I only wish he would understand that Efron is a wonderful man. He has saved me so many times; I imagine I would be in a lot worse position had it not been for him."

Efron was glad he had Emilee back. The fact he would take time in-between visits didn't bother him. His love was back in his life. He had finished his meal shortly after Emilee. "Emilee, would you like to go for a walk? I have some time before I must leave." He smiled and placed his hand over hers on the table. Efron wanted the remaining time before he left to be spent with her alone. To catch up on all they had lost. A nice walk would be perfect. He could tell from looking outside that the sun was shining bright. It was a nice day. Perfect for the two to head outside. Her soft hand brought him the same comfort it also had and he couldn't help but smile.

Emilee followed Efron outside and they walked hand-in-hand off the front porch. As though it understand the new life that was ahead for Emilee and Efron, the sun was shining bright in the sky. Emilee hated to let him to go to work and leave her, but it brought her joy to know that he would soon be back. If they could have it their way, they would never be apart again.

As they made their way down the street, Emilee clung close to Efron's side. She missed his warmth and his smell, his strong arm brushing against her flesh. A wave of dormant emotions hit her all at once and she smiled brighter than before.

"Do you want to stay here, Efron?" she asked cautiously. Considering they had only gotten together last night, she didn't want to rush at all. Still, her mind was consumed with thoughts of the future again; of marriage and children, happiness and hope.

"I would love to stay here, with you. There are a lot of complications to that. The major thing being your dad. He would see me hung before I stayed here. If I could, Emilee believe me I would." He stopped them and he took both of her arms in his. He smiled warmly. "I won't ever be far from you. I promised you this. I am done being ripped from you. I cannot hide that I love you or pretend I never did. I tried, it hurt me too much. I wasn't myself. I won't ever go back to that again." He picked her up and kissed her deeply.

He swung her around like he always used to. He beautiful eyes and her precious laugh brightened his soul. He had his Emilee.

Eventually it was time for Efron to return to town. He walked her back to her front yard and pull her in, hugging her closely. He kissed her several times, not wanting to let go.

Emilee sighed softly as he kissed her once more. His lips traveled her neck to her collarbone and she giggled, playfully swatting him away, afraid that her mother was watching through the window. Efron seemed unphased though and was soon nibbling on her earlobe. This was the man that she loved so nearly - no one else could ever take his place in her heart, and forever he would stay there.

Just as he was about to depart, Emilee gripped his hand and pulled him closer again. Efron's brow furrowed and Emilee smiled sheepishly, "if you ever want to go somewhere, Efron, just say the word. I know that we may need to start over again, but I don't intend on letting you go again, either. I have faith this time that I will become your wife and nothing will tear us apart."
She pecked his lips quickly and smiled up at him, "just say the word, and I'm your girl."

Efron smiled and kissed her once more before departing. He had to jog some of the distance to get back in time for work. He made it with minutes to spare, but his boss was kind to let him rest from his journey. He was to paint a small house today. The house looked like the one in Sete. He smiled when he saw it. The house once represented fear and the horrible reality of not long ago. Once again, however, it represented love and the hope for a future with the love of his life.

He enjoyed painting as he thought of someday painting the house for his wife and kids. The thought of kids...Emilee's kids. Their kids. They would be beautiful. Running freely in what Efron hoped would be a war free time. The war seemed to be nearing an end and this brought Efron even more joy. So many of his kind had suffered and been murdered carelessly. Things were finally looking up and Efron intended for it to stay that way.

Despite the fact that Efron was back, Emilee still wandered out into fields that day. She did however pass by the area where she had been grieving; the little grave for her baby would forever be in the woods behind the house, but Emilee no longer felt the compulsion to visit it. There was so much hope for the future... room for more children, a happy family. Emilee smiled at the thought of raising a harem of children with curly dark hair and chocolate brown eyes.

She picked a large bouquet of wildflowers and when she got home, placed in a large vase at the center of the kitchen table. Emilee imagined doing so in her own home. There would be little bouquets of fresh flowers all over her home, hand-crocheted doilies underneath them.
It was truly amazing how the appearance of one very special man could instill hope back into Emilee's life.

As usual, Emilee collected the eggs from the henhouse and brought them inside. Her mother was beginning to bake a few fresh loaves of bread and Emilee was eager to help.
Several hours later, the two of them sat on the front porch and waited for Efron and her brothers to return home from the city. Emilee smiled softly into the sunset and told her mother, "I want a life with him, Muti. He's all I ever wanted."

Efron made sure to shower the paint off of him. He wore his best clothes and took a cab to a location near the farm. It would let him have more time with Emilee. He was excited the whole drive. It wouldn't be long before he saw her again. He already felt like he hadn't seen her in years. He missed her so much. They finally arrived and Efron paid the driver. He still had about a ten minute walk which he did so briskly. Finally he saw the drive way and made his way down. He saw Emilee on the porch and smiled, waving at the two.

His smile became big and hearty. As he came closer his heart swelled and it became harder to breathe. The feeling of love was absorbing him. He wanted to be with her everyday, all day.

Emilee met him half way up the driveway and allowed him to wrap his arms around her waist. He spun her around a few times, just like before, and she giggled into his ear. Finally he kissed her - though discretely because her mother was still nearby - and led her back over to the porch. He smelled nice and clean, and Emilee imagined that he had freshened up after work. He had always been a hard labour worker, and back in Sete, always came home smelling like dirt and sweat.

"I have a surprise for you!" she beamed, "well, it's actually from my mother and brothers. Come, it's in the barn."
Efron arched a brow but allowed the young woman to guide him around the house. She was practically skipping with excitement as she tugged him along.

Her brothers were in the barn, Wolfe Junior milking a few hefty cows. He regarded them both with a smile and a raise of his chin before returning his attention to the large animal. Emilee guided Efron into one of the empty stalls and tugged him inside, that big smile still on her face.
It only seemed to take a moment for Efron to survey the stall. His eyes opened a little wider when he caught glimpse of the gift in the corner, a blue bow tied to the front handlebars. The bike was used and had a few rusty spots, but her brothers had replaced the chain ages ago and it had been sitting in the back for months now. They had seen Efron running into town and figured, if he was to be traveling a lot, that it would make the trek a little easier.

Emilee immediately hopped onto the bike. Because it had been adjusted for a man's height her feet didn't touch the ground, but she grinned anyways and rang the bell. "It was Eckhart's, but he always has a ride into town, so he thought you could make good use of it! Isn't it wonderful, Ef? They figured you couldn't be running into town and back here so often!"

"I-I love it. It reminds me of my dad's. God Brian loved his bike. This is wonderful. Thank you all so much!" He walked over and ran his hand along the frame. He smiled at Emilee on it and put his arm around her. "I could give this a nice custom paint job. I am a painter now ya know." He laughed and rubbed his hand on her back. He felt like hugging and kissing her but did not want to be ill mannered in front of her family. He went over and shook Eckhart's hand. "Thanks man, I appreciate it." Eckhart gave a nod and Efron picked Emilee up and moved her back so he could get on, laughing. He used his legs to move the bike out into the drive way. He gave it a kick to start it up. It backfired a few times but sure enough started up, roaring briefly before going idle. He smiled and turned his head back. "Wanna go for a drive Em?" He laughed and gripped the handlebars. It fit Efron's body perfectly.

It wasn't long before the wind was whipping through Emilee's hair, pulling pieces out from her braid and allowing them to fly around her face. She didn't remove her arms from around Efron's waist though to fix them; she was latched on tightly and had no intention of letting go. The young man, now free and excited to have his own little toy, enjoyed going over the speed limit. The wind whipped at their faces and Emilee, her hands getting cold, slipped her fingers underneath his jacket.
Surely her mother was going to have Efron's head by the end of the day but it was all in good fun and for now, Emilee just wanted him to have a little bit of freedom.

They zoomed past the other farms nearby, and a few cows mooed in protest as they buzzed by. Emilee laughed at that and waved at the neighbors as they passed the front porch. She could hear the older couple laughing at their silly antics, but soon their voices faded into the distance.
They managed to get into town within ten minutes considering Efron easily exceeded the speed limit. The night was beginning to loom though, the sky darkening, so they didn't have time to doddle. Efron promised to take her on a date as soon as possible and Emilee agreed with a smile. There was no missing the excitement and pure gratitude in his eyes; it was more than just the bike, but Emilee knew that the gift was the icing on the cake.

When they arrived back at the farm, their faces red and whipped from the wind, Efron hoisted Emilee off the bike. She grinned and pecked him on the lips.
"That was so much fun, even though you almost did run over that poor little chipmunk!" she giggled, "I think Muti and my brothers are asleep now, but if you want to put the bike back in the barn, I'll make sure the heater is on in my room and maybe stir some tea."

Efron nodded and as she headed inside he wheeled the bike to the barn. He walked back into the house, removing his jacket and placing it on the porch. He didn't see her in the first floor, nor the kitchen. He headed upstairs, quietly, and entered her room. There she was. "Hey beautiful woman, you come here often?" He smiled and walked over hugging her from behind. He kissed her cheek from behind and swayed a bit with her in his arms. He quickly spun her around and planting a sweet kiss on her lips.

"I love you sweetheart." He said with a loving smile along his face. The room was warming up as the heater was turned on. "Your room is very nice, by the way Em." He scanned the room, looking at the many pictures, some of Efron himself. There were childhood toys and old memorabilia. It was sweet and made his heart warm with happiness. She was the perfect woman for him.

As Emilee fixed up her bedroom for the night, she allowed all sorts of silly thoughts to run through her head. Now that she and Efron were reunited, thoughts of the future plagued her mind. She laughed when she imagined lugging all sorts of furniture to a home in the city on that little bike, and one day hanging on for dear life when they carted their first child home from the hospital. Emilee knew that the images were foolish, but sometimes her mind liked to come up with these little scenarios, imagining them to happen one day.

Emilee was just pulling out her nightdress when Efron entered the room. His arms felt so wonderfully strong and familiar around her, his pelvis in line with her waist. For a moment they just stood there, and Emilee closed her eyes, smiling and thanking God for bringing him back to her.

She turned around and grinned at him when he complemented her bedroom. It had been the same since she was a baby, apparent in the fading floral wallpaper and little teddy bears on a shelf. A few things like perfume and undergarments made it apparent that the baby had grown up, but looking around, Emilee could easily be taken back to her childhood.
Emilee rested her cheek against his chest and for a moment just stared at the black-and-white photos. Her parent's wedding before she was born, the puppy they had gotten for Eckhart's seventh birthday. So many memories. Emilee wanted to make just as many with Efron, hoping that the images would litter the surface of their future home.

Finally the young woman craned her neck up to look at him. His hands wrapped lazily around her waist, and Emilee's skin felt like it was on fire where he touched. Even with the fabric between them, he still made her feel completely feminine.
"I feel like all I do is daydream these days. When you're around, I can't help myself. I wonder what it would be like to have our own home, to plant a little garden in the backyard. Do you remember that we wanted to have some chickens? I bet you they would be running around the inside of the house! We would be foolish to mix that with our family... but then again, we've never been very normal, have we?"

"I wouldn't want to be normal. Normal is boring. My life hasn't been normal since the war started. But with you, I like not being normal. I love my life. I guess chickens might be an extreme though!" He laughed and picked her up carrying her to her bed. He set her down and jumped up behind her. "Let me relax you, hm?" He smiled and placed his hands on her shoulders, rubbing firmly but caring. He had always given his mother a massage when she needed one for her back problems, so his hands worked to adapt to Emilee's muscles. Wherever was tense, Efron would smooth out with his strong but soft hands. "I hope your day was alright before I arrived." He made small chatter as her worked out the kinks in her shoulders, neck and back.

Emilee melted like hot butter underneath his touch. He seemed to find early little knot that had balled underneath her skin and worked each one out, slowly but surely. His hands were very warm and gentle, as well, only added to the relaxed feeling that came over Emilee. She found herself soon closing her eyes and sinking back into his touch, admiring the firm but gentle strength of his well-worked hands.

"I can easily say that I was lonely," she told him, opening her eyes and staring at the photos on the wall, "but it made me happy, to know that in a few hours you'd be back." After all that time thinking that he would never return for her, Emilee had been overjoyed with the knowledge that soon she would see him again. Her heart had lifted at just the thought of it.

When it seemed he had worked every muscle in her back, Emilee turned around and sat knee-to-knee with Efron. They were both dressed in their day clothes, but from the bike ride and their warm kisses, the fabric was askew and wrinkled.
She leaned in and kissed him tenderly, "I feel like I should be the one giving you a massage. You're the one that was out in the sun all day!"
Efron just shrugged and pulled her back in for a kiss. Now that their lips were so close, conversation was not needed. Their faces immediately pulled in and their mouths joined a soft, passionate kiss, Emilee's hand find Efron's jaw and holding him against her. She tasted him natural musk and tobacco smell, relishing it and allowing the memories to flow back.

"Mmm," she mumbled with a devilish smile, "I guess I'll just have to make up with my kissing abilities."