Illusion Breaker

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Bastard...!" The soldier exclaimed, looking up at Frank, "Just who the hell are you anyway?" He would question, still attempting to slowly crawl away from the old man.​

Frank paused and looked down at the man for a few seconds. "I'm the Punisher," Came his simple reply before he planted his boot into the man's back. "Stay still. Don't you want out of this?"​

"Tch... you... you're dead! Y'hear me?! The Hound Dogs aren't a force to be messed with, two-bit vigilante!" The man exclaimed, seeming to maintain his resolve as best as he could within the current situation that he was in, though it didn't seem like there was any way for him to resist that much anyway.

Meanwhile, Shirou opened the door and poked his head out with morbid curiosity as to what was going on out there.​

"If I'm two bit, what does that make you?" Frank quite blatantly shot the man. He was beginning to accept the concept of mercy, but he was still a long way from truly adopting it. The old man looked at Shirou. "I've taken out two groups now. Any left?"​

01c.png

"U-Um, I don't... believe so,"
Shirou said shakily, looking uneasily at the soldier, then directing his attention back at Frank, "Ah... M-Mr. Castle, you still haven't answered my question. What are you doing at the school at this hour? Who are those men and what do they want with me?" He questioned fearfully, seeming to know even less than what Frank, and by extension, Rin & Archer, might know.​

Last edited:
"Cut the bullshit, boy, since I'm doing you the same courtesy. You're a mage, or whatever you call yourself. I know. I saw your little magic gimmick. As for the soldiers... I assume that's why they're hunting you."​

"I..." Shirou began, blinking as Frank would bring up the display of magecraft he had done earlier, "Well... I wouldn't classify myself as a mage. I just happen to know a few tricks from my old man, but... how would they know who I am? And of all reasons, why would it be because I know some magic tricks or so?" He questioned, attempting to hide the fact that he was taken aback a bit by Frank's drastically different attitude compared to when the two of them had met earlier that day.

"W-Wait a minute... if you know about magecraft, then does that mean Tohsaka also...?"

"They aren't from here... from this world. Maybe they have intel on all magic users. I don't know. That's not the point, though. We need to get to Rin."​

image.png

"Huh? From this world...? Well, I... won't think about that too much. Thanks for saving me,"
Shirou said, beginning to walk past Frank. This man... he was good at whatever he did. He almost reminded Shirou of his adoptive father, Kiritsugu Emiya. But this kind of man... he didn't seem like the kind of "hero" who especially cared that much about saving others. It was a strange feeling, but of course, there was always more to people than they would let on.

"In any case, where's Tohsaka right now then?"

Last edited:
"Outside... hopefully she's alright." With That, Frank took off. There was little he could do to help, but he'd be damned if he didn't try.

The old man stayed cautiously aware of Shirou, though. He was very much aware he could be another master, properly trained or not.​

Shirou would attempt to follow. Rin was still in the same place as before, the fight between Archer and the Servant known as Lancer raging more than ever before. Fortunately, it didn't seem like Lancer had noticed either of them from inside.

tumblr_nczscnubYU1qbvovho1_500.gif

Shirou could only watch in amazement, having never witnessed anything like this before. "What... how are those two men moving so fast? Is that... magecraft?"

"The red one is a Servant... a familiar, I guess. I don't know about the other one. Keep your head down. I doubt there's anything we can do; we just have to hope Archer can handle it."​

"A... what?" Shirou questioned, apparently still lost. In the distance, while Lancer clashed with Archer, he would catch sight of him and Frank standing in plain sight in the hole in the wall he had made when he crashed into it earlier, beginning to dash towards the two of them.

"Aha, witnesses, eh?! Can't let you guys run off now that you've seen me!" He said, seeming to quite suddenly take an interest in them, categorizing them as top priority and even going far enough as to suddenly discard Archer, though he wouldn't be let off the hook so easily.

Before Lancer could reach the two of them, Archer would continue holding him at bay, the white-haired man looking back at the two of them. "Get back! This Servant is far more powerful than that man you faced the other day, Mr. Castle! Flee immediately!"

Frank hadn't anticipated that. Probably because it was rather foolish of Lancer and he preferred to overestimate rather than the other way around. Still, he growled in acknowledgement of Archer. "C'mom!" He sprinted away, dragging Shirou by his arm.​

image.png

"W-Whoa!"
Shirou exclaimed in surprise as he would run with Frank, looking back to see Archer covering the two of them from Lancer, "Who was that guy? What... even are Servants?! How's Tohsaka involved with this?!" He questioned one after another, greatly confused by the situation.​

Last edited:
"No time, boy! Keep running!" Frank wasn't the fastest sprinter, but he had one thing going for him: endurance. If there was one thing he had that was borderline superhuman, if was his ability to ignore pain and exhaustion. So, even if Shirou tried to slow down, Frank kept dragging him.​

The school's halls seemed to never end, going on and on. It was surprisingly big for a Japanese school, and one could get easily lost if they didn't know where they were going. Beyond the continuous clashing outside the school, Frank would be able to hear a pair of footsteps or two following them from behind. Could it be more of the soldiers? More of this supposed third party that was after him for some reason? Whatever the case, Shirou tried his best to keep up with Frank.

For a teenager of his height, he seemed surprisingly fit. Nothing too much to write home about, but hey, in a country dominated by people who stay in their homes all day obsessed with their own delusional world, Shirou was decently built, his body somewhat built by relatively small exercises like jogging, push-ups, sit-ups, and known only to a select few, pole-vaulting. Still, even despite all that, he didn't seem to have anywhere near the amount of endurance that Frank had.

Well, maybe he did, but it'd be better described as something else. But that was another story for another day.

"W-Wait, Mr. Castle! Please, I need more answers!" He said, somehow managing to yank his arm away from Frank, taking several cautious steps back, away from him.

However, at that moment, Archer's body would be sent flying into the school, likely a result of the heated battle with Lancer, in the floor just above the two of them, causing debris to fall down at them. Shirou could only act upon instinct, leaping away from Frank's direction to avoid the debris. In no time, it'd all be enough to completely block Frank from Shirou, though they would still be able to communicate with each other.

"M-Mr. Castle! Are you alright?!"

Frank leapt back out of similar instinct. A string of curses left his lips. "I'm alright, Shirou! Are you?" The said footsteps following them had certainly concerned him, he just knew to keep running. Now, Shirou a stuck with whoever it was.​

"I-I'm fine, yeah!" Shirou would respond, apparently unaware of the footsteps on his end, perhaps a result of the heat of the moment, "I'll try to find another way around! See if we can meet up again on upstairs or so! Sound alright?!"

"Fine! Just be careful! Someone was following us!" With that, Frank took off in search of a staircase.​

Status
Not open for further replies.