Illusion Breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ciel02.png

"Yes, perhaps another place would be more appropriate to talk about something as grand as the Murder Games. I imagine it's quite the long story. One that would go well with tea,"
an unfamiliar female voice spoke from behind.

She looked to be in a somewhat battered condition, judging from her torn up clothes that resembled that of a nun's, and her ruffled up hair.

th_toaru1.png

"Ditto with the broad," the young man from earlier said, appearing beside her. In contrast, the boy appeared to still be perfectly fine, and Lancer was still nowhere to be seen, presumably drawn away, "We've got a lot of talking to do. And we're a little pressed on time, so if you don't mind... Shall we be on our way?"

"Ahaaaa... what happened to you, miss? And who are you anyway? And why are you all battered-up lookin' anyway?"

"Are you really in a position to ask questions at the moment?" The young woman shot back in response, "To keep it short, my name is Ciel. The head Executor of Fuyuki City, one Kirei Kotomine, has requested my services here. Such a pain to travel here from Misaki Town, but I made do. As for my condition, I'm fine, but... Tch. Having my heart be destroyed is quite painful. That's all I will say."

Last edited:
Frank was still cursing up a storm through all of this. He'd thought they were free... that Murder was finally over. He thought he could settle down with someone he cared about and finally be at peace for the first time since before his family died. When he finally did stop, the man was clearly furious. "Let's go," Came his laconic response to all of their talking.​

"What a pain. We came here as a team of three, and we're coming back with twice that number. And here I thought we were supposed to be subtle," Archer commented.

- - -

As the group consisting of Rin, Archer, Frank, and the other newcomers would begin to move, they would eventually be led back to Rin's mansion, more specifically the living room. Tsuchimikado and the others made themselves comfortable on the couches while Archer made tea in the nearby kitchen.

Rin stood in front of both of them, as though intending to direct the conversation.

06e.png

"Alright then... let's all start with introductions. Seems like you all know who I am for some reason, though I suppose my reputation precedes me," she said somewhat facetiously.

"Motoharu Tsuchimikado, field leader of GROUP! And this here is my main man, Accelerator!" The lively blonde young man exclaimed with his usual grin, playfully wrapping his arm around him, while the other pale young man rolled his eyes.

th_toaru17.png

"Don't touch me."

"As I mentioned earlier, my name is Ciel, and I am here on behalf of the Church. Kirei Kotomine requested my assistance after you were supposedly attacked by people from other worlds on different occasions. Looks like this time around, you've been aided by someone from a different world," Ciel remarked, glancing briefly at Tsuchimikado and Accelerator.

"All in a day's work," Accelerator simply said unenthusiastically, "But you should stop beating around the bush. I know that you're playing dumb again, and it's pissing me off."

"Whoa, whoa, why ya gotta be like that?!" Tsuchimikado exclaimed in mock hurt, "I'll say all I know about the Murder Games when I can, but you gotta take it one step at a time, y'know?"

Last edited:
"Shut up and get to the point." Frank growled and crossed his arms.​

tumblr_inline_n3vwstTwIU1rohzl4.png

Tsuchimikado simply adjusted his sunglasses. Which he was still wearing while indoors. And at night.

"Alright, if you insist! But if it's a mouthful!"

"We have all the time in the world."

"Right. So! I can imagine you all are familiar with the Murder Games. Hell, you might even know more than I do about their workings, assuming you've seen 'em first-hand. I just know what some little birdies have told me, including old Accelerator here! But I know enough, like how it's something of a gathering across different dimensions and worlds! So here's the gist of it, alright? Stay with me here!"

The blonde teenager gave a pause, seemingly for dramatic effect.

"Something that should not have happened has happened. The full nature of it is beyond my understanding, but on something of a metaphysical plane, our world and your world are beginning to merge. And we all know that when worlds collide, it's a house of murder! No pun intended! Or maybe it was! Heh heh!"

"Why did I ever agree to join GROUP with a field leader like you?"

"Anyway, we don't really know the cause of it. We had been aware of the Murder Games for some time, but the situation turned out to be worse than we thought when some magician calling himself Zelretch came to our world and told us about it. Assuming that the creation of a Murder Game is inevitable at this point, soon the whole world might know about it. And--"

"W-Wait, did you say Zelretch?!"

Of course his name would bring out such a reaction from Rin. The famous magician who wields the power of the Second Magic, the ability to travel through and observe different worlds. It was little wonder that he'd be involved. Then again, his very existence was like an anomaly. Some from the Association would perhaps say that it was unlike him to interfere in these kinds of matters, but then again, who wouldn't be concerned when the fate of the world was at stake?

"I believe I did! Weird old guy, but not a bad person. Anyway! Yeah, he said that some strange phenomena was causing our worlds to merge because of the ambitions of Fiamma of the Right, a renowned magician much more powerful than any of us combined. I assume his name rings some bells?"

Last edited:
"I've been in two." Frank rubbed his temple. "One that was just a simulation, training us for... well, the second one. The one that was supposed to be the end of the Murder Games. You're saying they're still happening?" The old man paused at the name. "Yeah, it does. We killed his friend... Terra of the Left, I think it was."

"Aha, is that so? I'd have to thank you for that! Ever since the Constantine Incident, he's been sorta on the run from us. Nice work there!" Tsuchimikado complimented.

"I could have done it earlier if someone didn't trick me into going into one of those Death Games."

"Murder Games."

"What-fucking-ever."

"Now, now. Let's stay civil," Ciel spoke calmly, "Please. Continue, Tsuchimikado."

"With pleasure! Now... where was I? Oh, right! So, yeah, Zelretch visited our lovely world and told us of the world merging, and the dangers it'll bring. So naturally, we gotta stop him. It'll be a bit problematic since we aren't even sure what's causing it, or where to find Fiamma of the Right at this current point in time, and before we could report back to Zelretch, he was already gone. So we suspected that he was in this world, and here we are. We were hoping you guys would have a better idea on where we'd find him and think of a more... stable strategy. And we ain't leaving until we do so! Do you have any idea how much of a pain it was to get here? Had to sneak through the portal while all those soldiers from before weren't looking!"

"Don't look at me. The Church doesn't exactly affiliate itself too closely with the Mage's Association most of the time."

"I was surprised to hear he was even still around, let alone involved in these kinds of things," Rin said, holding her chin in thought, "Hm... It's a shame that I don't have that copy of the Jeweled Sword anymore..." She mumbled. Her expression seemed to convey concern, as well as a hint of puzzled confusion, as though whatever she was thinking of didn't add up.

"Well, in the meantime, I may as well ask... Mr. Castle, was it? You said you were involved in some of the Murder Games? You wouldn't have happened to be the same... ah..." She did an air quotes gesture, "... kindred spirit that Executor Kotomine mentioned in his report, would you?"

Frank looked over to Ciel with a frown. He didn't know of any report. At any rate, he shifted onto his backfoot. "... We share some views about the world, and how it's problems should be approached." Frank gave Rin a hard look. "... and I still believe he's part of those problems."

"What of if?"​

Last edited by a moderator:
Ciel01.png

"Ah... just curious. You're almost exactly the way I imagined," she commented nonchalantly, giving a brief glance towards Rin, then back at Frank, giving a soft smile, "Almost."

- - -

Meanwhile, Kotomine sat in his church, reading some scripture. He blinked, before looking up, as though he had heard something that caught his attention.

The priest simply shrugged and went back to reading.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
The girl's look almost made him nervous, but he didn't let it show. "... What did he say about me?"​

"Less than flattering things in a flattering manner," she simply spoke, "Let's just say I simply didn't expect you to be... the friendly type, at least around younglings. From my understanding, that is."

Tsuchimikado stared awkwardly with his smile while Accelerator seemed fast asleep, blocking the vector of sound so that no one's yelling would wake him up.​

Frank nodded after a moment. He was well aware Kotomine was at least partially right about him... about who he was. He didn't regret what he did, but Frank was not the Punisher. Not anymore.

"Let's get down to it. What do we do?"​

"Well... we were hoping that someone like the Tohsaka, whom Zelretch very much admires, mind you, would know, buuuut it looks like that'll put a pause in our plan if you wouldn't happen to know anything," Tsuchimikado replied, frowning for once.

"I see. Well, in the meantime, Rin, I forgot to hand this back to you," Archer would say, producing what appeared to be the same pendant that Rin had used on Shirou back at the school from his pocket and handing it back to her, though the more observant would be able to see that it was dimmer than usual, and even slightly more cracked, though perhaps that could be written off as a result of being used to restore Shirou's heart.

"Ah... huh? You got it? Well... thanks," Rin responded, seemingly a little surprised, though she didn't question it. Upon looking at it, leaning back and crossing her legs, she'd face the white-haired man, "Speaking of which, what happened with Lancer? Did you defeat him?"

"Oh, I can explain that one," Ciel spoke up, "When that man in blue and the grouchy young man over here were fighting, I happened to arrive in the nick of time. Looked like he was charging some powerful attack that could destroy a heart... speaking from personal experience. It wasn't the most pleasant thing, but I survived. Immortality is something I thought I could do without, but... Well, anyway, after that, he seemed to be annoyed enough that he simply fled. I never did find out why he was there in the first place."

"W-Wait, what?!" Rin exclaimed, standing up, her face suddenly turning a bit pale, "He's still out there?! If he's still running around, he might still be following Emiya! He was there to make sure there weren't any normal bystanders around to see Servants like him! If the pendant's already taken effect, he's probably gone home by now... but he might have been followed!"

"Is that so? Well, I suppose there's always time to save a life. Again," Ciel said, standing up.​

"The easiest way would be to kill his Master, as he would be the one supplying the Servant with mana to allow them to retain their form within this world, but as we don't know the Master's identity, our best bet would be for me to fight him and hope that I win for good this time," Archer replied, uncrossing his arms, "If we are to go and ensure the boy's safety, I suppose it is my duty to follow your lead, Rin."

"I'm going too. If nothing else, then after this, I need to go to the Church to speak with Executor Kotomine, and I'd need a guide since I'm not as familiar with this place," Ciel also said.

"Ooh, I wanna see some action! I promise I won't get in the way though! That guy from before looked hella strong if he was even able to give Accelerator here a run for his money!" Tsuchimikado piped up, attempting to put a hand on the sleeping teenager's shoulder, only to be suddenly pushed back a bit by an invisible force, causing him to grimace, "Agh! Damn vector shield keeping me from touching him. And knowing him, he's probably shielding himself from all sound too, so we can't do anything to wake him. Jeez..." The young man grumbled, scratching his head, "Alright, guess we'll have to go without him. We all good?"

Frank ignored much of what he deemed as inappropriate lightheartedness. "Is there any way to know who his Master is? If we can figure it out... it'll be easy."

He looked at at his van. One sniper rifle shot should be all it'd take.​

"Get lucky and hope his tongue slips, which is unlikely. Lancer mentioned that he had been sent out for scouting by himself, so if he's still out there, his Master is unlikely to be seen around town unfortunately, so let us get a move on," Archer replied.

- - -

As Rin was the only one who knew where Shirou lived, inexplicably enough, she was the one who guided the group to the scene, carried by Archer, who moved at his usual superhuman speeds, while Ciel helped Frank and Tsuchimikado follow suit. Looked like there wasn't exactly much time for convenient planning and tactics, but no matter. Even if Accelerator wouldn't accompany them, they could still make do with even just Archer and Ciel, right?

The road there was surprisingly short, all things considered. However, once they'd reach the general area of what seemed to be Shirou's residence, a house blocked off by a low stone wall with a door in the center leading into the yard, everyone would be able to catch sight of a silhouetted figure in the air, practically gliding through the air as though he had jumped from the roof of the main house with the intention of fleeing from the scene. Some would even be able to spot a certain red-shining spear if they were observant enough. Was that Lancer fleeing from Shirou's place? Did that mean they were already too late?

"What was--" Ciel began to inquire, before rapid footsteps would be heard from behind the low wall, and the wooden door would burst open as though a battering ram had smashed it open.

From the debris, a short blonde young woman would appear in what seemed to be knightly armor. The way she positioned her hands seemed to indicate that she was holding a weapon, though nothing could be seen there. Still, you could certainly feel something on her... An invisible magical sword, perhaps?

08a.png

"Aha, more intruders!" The woman, presumably another Servant from the look of her attire and supposed weapon, would exclaim, before dashing right at the group, only to clash with Archer. Archer's twin swords clashed against what appeared to a solid mass of air. Upon closer inspection... it was as though she was holding a physical manifestation of the wind, though in reality, it couldn't be anything other than some sort of invisible sword that made itself known for every time it came into contact with another object.

"Tch... another Servant?! What a pain!" Archer exclaimed, attempting to hold the new Servant back.

"Saber, wait! What are you doing?!" A familiar voice would call out in alarm. The familiar Shirou Emiya, seemingly alive and well aside from a patch of blood over where his heart would be, came running through where the door once was, a red marking on his hand not unlike Rin's Command Seal suddenly present.

"Master, stay away! There are more intruders here!"

"Idiot, we're not... Gnngh!"

Last edited:
Frank placed himself between Rin and the threat again, and, again, somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew she didn't need him to, but he did it anyways. "We aren't your enemies! Rin saved Shirou earlier!" No point beating around the bush. Not when the Servant was going into full on attack mode.​

"H-Huh? Mr. Castle?" Shirou asked with a surprised tone as he would get a good sight of the others, "It's you all again. What's going on here?! Why... Why did I wake up at the school? Who was that man in blue from earlier?!"

"Master, I said get back!" The Servant exclaimed, managing to overpower Archer in their clash of swords, before bringing her invisible sword up and about to raise it down towards him!

"Wait, Saber! Stop attacking them!" He exclaimed, his marked hand reaching out to her. Suddenly, the Command Seal would shine brightly as the red shine would glow throughout the area. The Servant's body flashed for a brief minute, and then suddenly, she jumped back in front of Shirou, her disgruntled face indicating that her movement wasn't of her own will.

"Shirou, why did you...?!"

"That idiot... He already used a Command Spell on her?!"

He frowned at Rin. "Is that somehow significant?" At any rate, he shook his head. "Shirou, we're here to warn you. The same people that were after you at the school... they'll be after you here."​

Status
Not open for further replies.