I'll Never be the Same

She laughed, her face blushing a bit.

"Kyo, you don't have to worry. I am absolutely sure I can handle the girls. You won't have to lay a hand on them at all. Just protect me from the guys and we'll be good and of course I'll let you know if it becomes an issue. It shouldn't...."

He then said his departing words, but for some reason, she didn't want him to go just yet. She wanted him to stay a bit longer.

"Kyo, you can come over for dinner tonight, if you want to that is. You are more than welcome...My parent's wouldn't mind" They wouldn't. It was rare for her to have company over so, she was sure they wouldn't mind her having a guest over. She didn't mind that he said he could cook either. In fact, it was a requirement her future husband must have. She giggled, waiting for a response from the ever so quiet boy.

Even if she said so, he still didn't think she would tell him if they would be to much. She weren't the kind of person who would depend on others, even if she let him help her with the guys, she probably wouldn't let him help her with more even if she needed it. That much he could figure out himself.

Kyo made himself ready to leave for his own house but then Suki asked if he wanted to come over for dinner, well his mother wouldn't be home before the morning and he really didn't want to eat alone. While he thought about it she started to giggle.
"What's so funny?" He asked laughing himself, without any reason for it. "Anyway, if it's not a problem then I would love to come over for dinner. The lunch was so good so I bet dinner will be at least ten times better." He laughed, trying to hide the fact that he really didn't like going home.
Kyo felt uncomfortable with being alone, but since years ago he had gotten home to an empty house everyday, sometimes his mother had left him alone for weeks when she had been out working. Those times he always tried to sleep at friends houses, but how would it be now when he had moved here? Even if he lived here once before he didn't know anyone else than Suki, and he couldn't ask her to let him stay at her place because he felt lonely.
Maybe he just needed to take it as a man from now on and try to take all that time alone in an empty house.

She smiled at the boy.

"I'm giggling because right now, you don't seem as rough and tumble as you were with the guys yesterday. It's cute..." she blushed as she said that, ushering him to walk with her to her house. When they reached her front door, she turned around again, suddenly. She put a finger to her lips.
"My parents don't know that we are pretending to date either....I won't tell them if you don't want me to..." She opened the door and walked inside, ushering him in the door as well. Her house smelled of freshly baked cookies and apple & cinnamon. She took his hand and lead him into the kitchen. Clearing her throat, her mother turned around.

"Oh Suki! Welcome home! And who is this young man?" She reffered to Kyo. Suki decided it would be best for Kyo to introduce himself. Suki nudged Kyo, whispering to him.

"It is ok, she is very nice"

She had thought he seemed rough? That wasn't the first impression he wanted to give to people. They started to walk up to the front door, but Suki stoped all of a sudden telling him she wouldn't tell her parents about them pretending to be dating if he didn't want to. It hurt in his chest when she said pretending to date, 'why does my chest sting? am I sick or something' he thought to himself.
She opend the door and walked inside, the wonderful scent of new baked cookies surprised him when he walked in threw the door. Suki walked in to the kitchen with Kyo just behind her. Suki cleared her throat and her mother turned around, clearly surprised, in a happy way, about Suki taking Kyo to the house.
"Oh Suki! Welcome home! And who is this young man?" Sukis mother said and looked at Kyo who started to feel a bit embarrased.
"It is ok, she is very nice" Suki whispered to Kyo who tried to calm down a bit.

"I'm Kyo, nice to meet you ma'am" he said and bowed.

Suki's mother giggled.

"What a nice boy Suki. Is he your boyfriend?" Suki blushed at her mother's remark. She waved it off.

"No mom, he's just a friend of mine. But we may think about dating soon if you really want to know..."

"Oh, how wonderful! Well, run along Suki. I have cookies to finish!" She ushered us out to the living room. Suki took a seat and offered one to Kyo.

"My mom's a bit wierd, but she's nice. My dad though, he's a bit more intimidating...So just watch your words around him, k?"

Suki got up out of her chair, going back into the kitchen to get them a drink while they waited for the cookies to be done. She came back out, setting the water out in front of him.

"Mom usually cooks dessert before dinner. She's just wierd like that....Sorry" She took a sip of her water.

Kyo blushed a litle when her mother asked if he were her boyfriend, luckily no one seemed to notice it. She ushered them both in to the living room before disappearing in to the kitchen again finnishing the cookies.
Kyo sat down when Suki offered him a chair, he started to look around, it was a nice house even if it was a bit small. Because he always had lived with his big-house-obsessed mother he had never lived in a smaller house than four floors. But now when he moved back to this town he lived in a three floor building, and the third floor wasn't even finnished yet so it was only two floors.

Suki went in to the kitchen and got back with drinks to them.
"Thanks, Well You haven't met my mother, she can be really weird sometimes" he said at her comment about her mother "My father have been in the army and he were really strict so I'm kind of used to watch my words" he continued and laughed.

"I can't wait to meet your parents though!" she smiled at the thought of meeting his parents.

"Do you live with your mom? Your dad? Both? One? Sorry...getting kind of personal there....you do not have to answer it if you don't feel comfortable doing so..." she sipped more of her water, when the front door opened and then closed again. She walked to the door, greeting her father who looked worn out from work. He sniffed the air and sighed, laughing softly.

"Your mother, she made dessert before dinner again,didn't she?"

Suki laughed with him. She took his hand and lead him to the living room and into his favorite chair. She pointed to Kyo.

"Dad, this is Kyo. He's a good friend of mine. Kyo this is my father" She didn't know how the two men would react to each other. She prayed that her father wouldn't go all psycho and try to scare him off. He smiled, getting up and offering his hand to the boy.

"Nice to meet you there, Kyo. Hope you are taking good care of my daughter...Hope she isn't burdening you with anything. We try to avoid that if at all possible, you see...It is illogical thinking to others, but we have our reasons for doing so..." He was trying so hard not to scare Kyo. She could tell. He was actually trying to talk to him in a nice way. Actually trying not to scare him off. She smiled as she took a place by Kyo's side.

"Go on. He's a nice guy!"

"My dad died in a war some years ago so I live with my mom" Kyo said while Suki sipped on her water. Suki weren't able to say anything on that because just as he finnished the door opend, and Suki left the room to get her father. Suki lead her father in to the living room and pointed at Kyo. Kyo didn't feel nervous at all because his father used to be very strict.
Suki presented Kyo and her father tried to talk nicely to him. He understood that her father tried his best not to act rude, or scare him because it was the same way his father used to act when his sister took home a guy. But his sister had now moved away from home and lived in paris.
Kyo stood up and took Sukis fathers hand and shoke it.
"Nice to meet you sir, Suki hasn't been any burden at all and I promise to take good care of her" Kyo said politely and hoped he had made a good first impression.

Suki could see the approval in her father's eyes. He highly approved of him. She knew it. That is what she was aiming for and she got it!

"Dad, please...No mor embarrassing things!" she blushed slightly as he asked if she was a burden. She was even more happy to hear Kyo's answer.

"Now Kyo, I will not tolerate any inappropriate gestures made to my daughter. And it is very nice to see how good of a young man you are. You are very well taught. Was your father strict?"

Suki foun d it hard to believe that her friend's father would be so intimidating. He couldn't have been any worse than her own father. And her father was nice. Maybe she was used to strict people. Maybe that is what kept her in line. Suki's dad left the room and went to go check on the status of dinner. Suki grabbed Kyo's hand and lead him up to her room. It was a small room, yet big enough to house a bed and a dresser. The wall was covered in anime posters and the top of her dresser was covered in manga books. She blushed.

"You know my dark secret now" she blushed as she sat on her bed, looking down.

"I wouldn't even think of doing something inappropriate to your daughter sir" He said and smiled a bit "and yes, my father was in the army so he was very strict" he continued, Suki's father left the room to go and check on the dinner and now they were alone again. Suki grabbed Kyo's hand and lead him in to a small room, he looked around a bit and saw the anime posters and manga books, it must be Suki's room. He saw that she blushed when he looked around, she was so cute.

"Your dark secret? You mean that you like anime? tell me one girl that doesn't" he said and laughed. "My sister even collected figures of her favorite characters and when she were fifteen she said she wanted to marry a character, I don't remember who it was though." He laughed at the memories of his sister, even though their father had disaproved all the anime and manga stuff she had still bought it for her own money and hide all her collections.

"I don't see why you should be embarrased because you have a hobby, my hobby is cooking and I'm not embarrased to tell people about it." He said, even if he was a bit afraid people would think it was a bit weird that a guy cooked he still wasn't embarrased to tell them that he liked cooking.

She blushed a bit. Suki wasn't one to go around bragging that she liked anime. She was what you would call a "closet otaku". She mostly kept it to herself. The only ones who knew about her obsession was her parents and they were ok with her liking it. She smiled. She was glad he didn't judge her based on what she liked. She knew he was more genuine that she had originally thought. She sat on her bed and looked to Kyo.

"Do you like anime? I like cooking too, although I'm not so good at it...maybe you could teach me?" She wanted to learn to cook better because she wanted him to love the meals she made for him. She wanted to give him that one luxury. She grabbed a notebook that sat on her pillow and opened it. Drawings galore filled the lined pages. She remembered these. She was looking at these last night. She had drawn these back in Junior high. Drawing wasn't what she was good at.

She pulled out her poem diary and handed it to Kyo.

"This is what i'm truly good at. Although, be prepared. Most of the poems in there are one's I wrote in Junior high...."

(OOC: I'M BAAACK :D woho)

"like and like, I can watch it as any other movie or tv series, but I'm not a big fan of it. Sometimes I watch anime that are mecha or action but for the most it's not my thing, but I don't watch tv that much over all. I like reading more." He said serious then he eased up and smiled "I would love to teach you how to cook." He said and gave off a mesmerizing smile.

Suki pulled out a litle book, it looked like a diary of some kind and she handed it to Kyo. He took it and started to read some of the poems in it, he sat silent for a couple of minutes reading with a stone face which didn't show any sign of emotions. When he had read some poems both from the begining of the book and from the end he closed it and laid the book in his knee, looking at her with a serious stone face.
"Suki, this is" He stoped and sighted loudly, putting his fingers to his forehead and breathing heavy. "It's just" he paused again "awesome, I loved them" He said and started to laugh. He couldn't resist to tease her a bit but he hoped he hadn't gone to far.

Suki held her breath as she waited to see what his reaction to her poems would be. At first, she freaked out. He didn't like them? But then he started to laugh. She then picked it up that it was a joke. She laughed with him.

"Good one! You almost had me there!" She picked up the book and set it back on her nightstand. Poems often came to her at the wierdest times and at the wierdest places. That is what her little book was for. THat way she could write them down. She just let the words flow out of her brain and onto the paper. But sometimes it was hard to get what she wanted to say on paper. She picked up her notebook again and began writing a poem for Kyo.

It only took one chance encounter
to meet a guy like you
but in my heart, I know for real
that if I hadn't, I'd be in trouble so deep
I wouldn't be able to resurface again without
scratches and bruises to prove I had struggled.

You are my world now, my only friend
one who has pulled me out of the high waves
and treacherous waters to the safety of a big, strong boat
If you keep up your venture on the high seas with me along
you might make me fall for you, mysterious sailor.

She tore out the paper and handed it to him, blushing. This was the first time she had ever written a poem for someone else. She hoped that he liked it, even though it sounded a little corny.

"You so fell for it" He said laughing with her. She took her poem book back and started to write in it. Kyo waited patiently for her to finnish, a bit curious on what she was writing. She then tore out a paper and handed it to him and at the same time she started to blush. He started reading, laughing a bit about the first part off it. Well if he hadn't come when he did then she would have ended up really bad. Then he got a bit concerned when he read the second parts first sentence. He wondered if she really ment every word, she needed to have some more friends than him. At least some girls should like to be friends with her. He decided to let it go for now and not bring it up.

"You're really good at this, ever thought about become a writer? or poet" He said as he patted her head. He hoped he could help her find other friends and help her agenst those guys who attacked her before.

Suki blushed as he read the poem. When he was done, he commented on how good she did and if she ever thought about being a poet. Suki nodded.

"I do like writing poems and it would be a great side job, but for a real profession, I want to be a psychologist. For some time now, I've been trying to figure out just how the human mind works. It's ups and downs, highs and lows, and stuff like that. It interests me. It always has...Is that.....too wierd?"

She hoped he didn't think it was wierd. With a little hesitation, she scooted closer to him and put her hand on his, laying her head on his shoulder.

" I hope this is ok...I will back off if you feel uncomfortable...I am feeling a little sleepy...If I fall asleep, could you tell my mom that she can put my dinner in the fridge and I'll save it for tomorrow, but feel free to stay and chat with my parents if you want..." She yawned. School was exhausting now that the new semester was here. More school work than ever and more after school duties than ever. Especially that side job of keeping the girls and boys at bay. That especially made her tired. She closed her eyes and breathed in and out. She could smell the homely smell of his clothes in her nose. She thought he smelled nice.

Soon though, she fell asleep.

He let her lean against his shoulder and was a bit happy that she couldn't see his face because he started to blush when she got close.
"It's not weird at all, without people like that, who would then become spycologists?" He said in a whisper, he didn't get an answer and guessed that she had fallen asleep. He let her be on his shoulder for half an hour, he didn't notice that it had gone such a long time, maybe he had been to focused on her wonderful scent or her quite sleeping face.

He understood that he couldn't sit there all night so her took her carefully and laid her down on the bed, hopefully she wouldn't wake up. He slowly sneaked out to not wake her up and closed the door behind him. He went back to their kitchen to see if her mother still was there, he found her preparing the dinner and told her that Suki had fallen asleep. He wasn't certain if he still should stay for dinner or not, he had come over for dinner on Sukis request but if she would sleep over dinner then maybe it wasn't any idea that he stayed. He didn't get the chance to keep thinking about it, Sukis mother incisted that he still would stay over dinner.
'Guess I don't have any choice' He thought and hoped Suki would wake up before dinner was ready. It felt a bit awkward to be with her parents without her there.

Suki woke to the smell of dinner. It was about done it seemed. Seemed like she had just taken a short nap. Was she that tired? She stretched and yawned, fixing up her hair before heading back down, just in case Kyo was still there. As she looked into the family room, indeed he still was here. She was suprised. She thought he might leave. She was glad he didn't though. She sat on the couch looking up at Kyo.

"Sorry I fell asleep. I got really tired...."

THe smell from the kitchen wafted into the living room where it hit her nose. It smelled like slow roasting pork with carrots, potatoes and bread. THe mixture of smells intertwined nicely and her mouth began to water as she waited for it to be done. She smiled.

"That smells wonderful mom!"

"Good, I'm glad. It should be done in about 10 minutes or so...Kyo...I do hope you can stay for dinner..."

Kyo noticed that Suki came down and in to the room. He gave her a gentle smile, had she done something with her hair?
"No problem" He said "you have fixed your hair, it looks nice" He continued and felt a wonderful scent of food. Was that the smell of potato, and that must be carrots, maybe some bread to. He tried to make out the different smells that had entered the room.

"Yeah I'll stay, I would be rude if I didn't. I already promised Suki that I would" he told her mother and gave her a gentle smile.

Suki's eyes lit up as Kyo said he would stay. She was hoping he would say that! She smiled.

"Thanks Kyo..Glad you can stay! It's not often we have someone over for dinner so mom cooked a little bit extra just for you!" She blushed slightly at him noticing her hair. She smiled sheepishly.

"Thanks Kyo...Glad you like it..." She wasn't used to all this praise. She was used to praise from her parents and stuff, but not from others. She waited in the living room for a bit longer, the smells of everything she loved mixing together.

"Dinner is done! Come and eat!" came her mother's voice. Suki grabbed Kyo's hand and led him to a chair next to her own. Once they were all sitting, she grabbed his hand again.
"Can I say grace mom?"

Suki's mother nodded and she thanked God for the supper they had on the table and everything else that she had. Even thanked God for introducing Kyo into her life. At the end, she said the magic words and began to dig in. She offered the carrots to Kyo.

"Dig in Kyo! Hope you like it!"

Kyo smiled at Suki while he thought about how cute she were when she blushed, wait what was he thinking? This shouldn't be a time to think about those kind of things, he shoke the thoughts of and suddenly hear her mother telling them the dinner was ready.

He went with Suki to the kitchen, the food looked wonderful. It startled him a bit when Suki suddenly grabbed his hand and led him to a chair next to hers. Suki took his hand again once they sat down, he didn't mind at all, actually it would feel bad when she let go. Once again he tried to make himself shake of those thoughts.

Suki started to say a grace, Kyo wasn't used to be in a house were people did that. Kyos father had always thought that thanking God for the food on his table, which he had earned with his own strenght and not with the help of God was ridiculous. Kyos father had never believed in God, his mother did believe in God but she never prayed to him or thanked for the food. Kyo never thought about if God excisted or not, for him it was something that maybe excisted and maybe it didn't.

He got woken up from his thoughts when Suki offered the carrots to him, he smiled.
"Thanks" He said and started to take food, "Itadakimasu" He said after having the food placed on his plate. After eating some he shined up "This is delicious."