I'll Never be the Same

Suki smiled. She was glad he thought the food was delicious. She continued to eat happily. Her parents eyed Kyo for a while, waiting to see what he would do. Suki then saw that her mother was about to speak. She held her breath.

"So, Kyo...what do you like to do in your spare time? Are you a studier like my daughter or are you more of a let's have fun type?"

Where was mom going with this? It wasn't like Suki was going to marry the guy...She blushed at that thought. The room quieted for a minute as he took his own time to answer. But my dad didn't wait to hear his answer before asking him about something else.

"So Kyo...you must be popular with the ladies. How do you keep them off of you and focus on your school work?"

Suki blushed. What kind of questions were these? It was like they were interrogating him. She hoped Kyo would forgive her parents for their kind of revealing questions.

Kyo tried not to laugh when Sukis parents asked him about his personal life, he remembered his own parents doing the same thing once when his sister came home with a guy when he was a kid. He looked at Suki, she had started to blush again. It was understandable, it must be really awekward when once parent start to interrogate a friend.

"Well, I can't say I study that much but I don't really go out to have fun either. Before we moved here I always went to the orphanage and helped them there but now when we have moved I have no idea what I should do about the spare time." He paused for a moment before continuing over to her fathers question.

"I try to tell them gently that I don't have time to be with them at the moment if they disturb me so much so I can't concentrate on my school work. But I don't usually have that kind of problem to concentrate so for the most it's not necessary."

He knew how hard it was to convince this sort of parents, he had experience from his own father. He hoped he could make them satisfied with the answers.

Suki could see that her father was satisfied with his answers by the way he nodded his head slowly. Suki smiled. She was glad her father approved of him. What about her mother? She looked to her mother. She didn't seem upset or anything. She smiled at Kyo.

"You are a good boy indeed Kyo. Keep up the hard work there!" she cheered for him almost. Suki laughed a little.

"She's right m'boy. You have a good head on your shoulders. Your parent's taught you well. You use that knowledge to carry yourself far...You'll go far with that attitude I should say..."

Suki began eat her food again. Well, If they ever did get together for real, then she wouldn't have to worry about her parent's ragging on the two of them. She was glad of that. She finished her meal, washed her dish and went up to her room to fix up and get ready to see Kyo off after he ate dinner. It sounded like they were having a good time together. She was glad about that. Kyo always tried to act tough in front of her while still holding a chivalrous attitude towards women about him, but she could see that in his eyes, he longed to have company like this for a while now. She was glad she could give this to him. She walked down the stairs, the sound of the faucet telling her that they were done as well. She poked her head into the dining room.

"Kyo, you ready to go back home?"

Kyo finally dared to breath out, even if it was invincible to the others. He had almost not dared to breath at all while her family interogated him. But it seemed like they liked him or at least didn't dislike him. He started to eat his food, noticing that Suki finnished long before him. She went away from the table which made him feel a litle uncomfortable, staying alone with her parents. But that uncomfortable feeling disappeard after a couple of minutes, they didn't seem to want to interrogate him anymore for the day, instead they just sat and chit-chatted which gave him a very comfortable feeling.

As he finnished his dinner Suki showed up in the door, wondering if he was ready to go home.
"Yeah I'm finnished" He said and smiled, he bowed to her parents and thanked for the dinner then went out of the kitchen. Lucky him it wasn't far to his house, it had gotten very cold outside and he didn't have a jacket with him. One of the good points to have your friends as neighbours. "Thanks for inviting me over" He said to Suki as he put on his shoes.

Suki leaned against the wall near the door. She smiled. She was glad Kyo enjoyed himself. She was afraid that her father would scare him off.

"It's no problem at all. Thank you for coming over. It was fun having you!" she laughed softly as she opened the door and walked out, holding it open for him. It closed behind the two as Cosmo followed them out. She picked up the dog and patted his head, heading over to Kyo's house. She couldn't help but feel saddened that he had to go home already. She enjoyed his company.

They crossed the street. He had seen the inside of her house. Was it too soon to ask to see the inside of his? She wouldn't be up there very long.

"Hey Kyo, I know this is bold of me to ask, but I mean nothing dirty by it. Can I come see the inside of your house?"

Kyo went out after Suki had opened the door, the air had become cold and a small fog came out of his mouth as he breath out. They walked silently over the street, then Suki broke the silence. Kyo got a bit surprised over her question, he didn't see her as the kind of person that would ask something like that when she just met the person the other day. He didn't mind it thought.

"Sure, if you want to. It maybe is a bit messy, we haven't unpacked everything yet." He said as he took up the keys from his pocket. "Oh and my mom is probably not home, she often doesn't come home before midnight. And sometimes later." He continued, was it really a good idea to let a girl be alone with a high school boy? Why was he doubting himself all of a sudden?

He sighted and opened the door, it took him some time to find the light button because he still wasn't used to the new house. He took off his shoes and went inside. "The first floor is mostly just used to eat and well eat. The second floor is where my mom keeps her stuff, the third floor are going to be mine but it isn't finnished yet so the most of my things are still in boxes except my clothes and some books."He explained as he waited for Suki to take off her Shoes.

Suki followed Kyou inside, quickly taking off her shoes. His house was 3 stories high and just gorgeous. So much living space it looked awesome in comparison to her tiny little abode. She looked to Kyo.

"Ok, so before we go on, I want to thank you for letting me see the inside of your house. I also want to apologize. I haven't been able to be myself since you came into my life. Now that I have a friend, it is like a whole new life has been opened before me. Thank you Kyo...And don't worry, I trust you not to do anything to me that you might regret. You are my friend after all..." She continued looking around at all the house had to offer. She hoped he didn't mind her searching the house a little. She would keep it to the first floor though. She was taught that it was rude to go up someone's stairs unless that person invited you into the house more often.

This house, she couldn't believe the size. It was like a dream. She had always dreamed she would have a house this large, ever since she was a little girl. To her, this almost seemed like a castle and she was the princess. SHe looked to Kyo.

"Thanks so much. I know it is a bit awkward for me to ask this of you, but I'm glad you let me inside...This house is beautiful Kyo. Would you mind showing me the rest of the house?"

(OOC: srry it took so long to answer, I had a writers block. Kyo didn't like me)

Kyo looked at Suki for a moment, then he started to laugh. "Sorry, I didn't mean to laugh. It's just that you are the only girl in the world that would tell a guy that you trust him not to do anything to her. Everyone else would assume he already knew that." He cleared his throat a bit to make himself stop laughing completely, this was probably the first time he had showed Suki this side of himself. He was always serious around her or holding in those kind of feelings.

"Its not that much to show, the most things are still in boxes. But sure I'll show you around." He said and smiled, starting to walk to another room. "We have eight rooms and a bathroom at every floor. But the most rooms are still empty because we are waiting on the rest of our things to come." He told her as if he was a estate agent that showed a costumer around in a house.

"This is the kitchen" He said as they came in to the next room, there wasn't any chairs in the room. "We just cook in here, we don't use it to eat in. We eat in the next room." He continued as he started to walk to the next door. When they threw the door they came in to a big dinning hall, with two long tables, there was places for 16 people to seat on. "My mom often have banquetes and such things so we need to have a big dinning hall. She made them remove a wall to make sure the room was big enough. We are still waiting for two round tables that will stand in the corner over there and there." He said and pointed at the places.

He paused for a moment to see if Suki had gotten bored of the tour or not. He knew he had the ability to become so professional so he bored people to death sometimes.

(Tis okie!)

Suki followed Kyo religiously, totally absorbed into the house's beauty and charm. Sure it had boxes everywhere, but Suki didn't mind. It didn't take away from the house's charm.

"Eight Rooms? That's a lot! My house only has 3" She followed him into the kitchen and out through the dining hall. She walked past him, running her hands along the tops of the chairs. The room had an elegant charm, one she felt very comfortable in. She turned and looked at Kyo, a big grin on her face.

"You'll have to invite me to one of these sometime...that is...if you want to...I don't want to be a burden to you..." She ran her hand down the chairs again and stood by his side once more, looking up at him and smiling.

"This dining hall is beautiful Kyo. I wish my house was as pretty as yours..." She continued to look at the beauty of that dining hall. She had to keep telling herself that this wasn't a dream cause it sure felt like one.

Kyo laughed a bit when she asked him to invite her, it would probably bore Suki to death if he brought her, even he had a hard time staying awake when his mother had her banquetes. There was no interesting people that ever came. "I guess you could come, but there aren't anything interesting happening on them. My mother talks business with her clients and company members and I often get pulled in to the conversations somehow. You would probably get bored quikly." He warned her.

He looked around in the room for a moment before continuing "Just because the house is big and beautiful doesn't mean it's nice living in it, it gets pretty lonely in such a big house." He mumbled, he didn't even know that he had said it out loud. Every house he had lived in had been big and even when his father was alive it had been really lonely in them. He was glad that this house was smaller than their other houses but it was still big. Even when his mother was home he barely saw her around.

Suki nodded.

"If you say so" She stopped when he said it was lonely around his house. They were one in the same. She felt the same too even though her father and mother were around. She felt that no one her age would ever take a liking to such a girl as her. She went over and pulled Kyo into a hug.

"DOn't worry, you'll never be lonely ever again...I will be here for you Kyo. That's what friends are for" She felt as if she shouldn't let go. She had finally made a friend and never wanted him to leave her side again. He was so kind to her that she had taken a liking to him being around and them hanging out together. At this point, She didn't care what her parents had told her when she was young. She wanted to throw those rules out the window and start over anew. She wanted a different life then the one she had been having. What kind of parents would teach their child to live alone and never count on anyone? Her parents would and they did. It would end today.

"I don't want you to ever leave my side Kyo. We are best friends! I will never abandon you in times of need as long as you do the same for me..."