I'll Never be the Same

Stepping on, she fixed her helmet, fastened it tight and held onto his waist so she wouldn't fall off.

"Let's go!"

The wind blew her hair back as they started on their way to the school that was only 2 blocks away. She didn't mind the short ride though. Maybe it would give her a time to relax now that she had someone watching over her. Being this close to him was a bit unnerving too. He was so beautiful and she was so....normal. So much so it hurt. She hated how normal she was. Yet, she liked her normal life. Liked every bit. As they arrived at the school, she climbed off, handing the helmet back to Kyo. She was so happy that she was in one piece and had no black eyes or hurt breasts. She turned to Kyo, smiling a soft smile.

"Thanks again. Should I meet you out here after school then?"

She took a steady grip around his waist, though he wouldn't mind her holding a bit more firm.
"Let's go" It almost sounded like she sang when she spoke, did her voice sound like that the day before? Even if it was a short ride to begin with it felt so much shorter with Suki there. 'Well everything is funnier when you have company and when you have fun then the time goes faster so ofcourse the time flies by' Kyo tried to convince himself.

"Thanks again. Should I meet you out here after school then?" She asked with a wonderful clang in the voice.
"Yeah sure,by the way if you need me sometime under the day then I have the most of my classes on the second floor. Just so you know if someone of the guys do something while your still in school" Kyo said while parking his bike.
"Speak of the devils" he added when he noticed the leader of the guys who had attacked her the day before. The guy stared at Kyo with a murderous look but he didn't get closer, he then started to walk away. Kyo looked after him to make sure he didn't come back.

As soon as the guys had left, she confidentally headed up to class, thanking Kyo on her way up to class. This day wouldn't be so bad after all. Not if she had Kyo helping her out. She hoped it would go fast so she would have more time with Kyo.

*Lunch time arrives*

It was lunch, finally. Maybe, if she was lucky, she might find Kyo and have lunch with him. She started to walk around the school grounds, looking for a spot he might potentially go have lunch. Unfortunately, it wasn't the guy she was looking for. It was the guy from the attack last night. Terror struck her face. She hadn't even gone to gym class yet and she knew she wasn't strong enough to take him on. He came near her, grabbing her and pulling her close, touching her intimately.

"You tell anyone about this and I will make sure your little boyfriend from last night pays the price! Now stay quiet and I will let you go relatively unscathed..." He continued to fondle her. When was he going to let her go? Would she even get a chance to eat lunch with Kyo? She struggled, but still was no match against his brute strength. She just prayed that this would end soon. She prayed that Kyo would find her and quickly.

After following Suki to her classroom Kyo left for his own classes. It was only his second day in school but he had already become somewhat popular in his own class, the girls loved him because of his looks.
When lunch break arrived Kyo decided to flee from the classroom before the girls tried to make him come to eat with them, he were to nice to say no if they asked but he didn't want to be with them. He noticed that he wasn't even a bit hungry so he decided not to eat at all, instead he thought of going somewhere where the girls in his class couldn't find him. He found a nice spot outside where he climbed up in a tree and fell asleep.

Kyo woke up just some minutes later when he heard something, he looked down and saw Suki and the guy from the other day. The guy touched her intimately while she struggled to get out of his grip. Kyo didn't look for long, after just a second of watching he jumped down the tree and just needed to take two big steps to stand where they were.
"Oy, what the fuck do you think you're doing?" He said with a threatening tone in his voice, while taking the guy on the shoulder draging him away from Suki. The guy throwed a hard punch against Kyos head who dodged it with ease
"What The fuck 's wrong with u, stand still dammit" The guy said irritated as he throwed more punches towards Kyo who dodged them.
Kyo did as he said and stood still when a hard punch came towards his head, in the last second Kyo stopped the guys hand with his own and held it in a hard grip twisting his wrist. The guy let out a loud scream and tried to make Kyo let go with his free hand.

He didn't really know what to do after that, he didn't want to get in to trubbel because he had hurted a guy on school ground but if he let go then the guy would probably attack again. Even if he couldn't even touch Kyo it was irritating to dodge his attacks all the time. He held the guy down so he almost were on the ground, then he whispered to the guy
"We both know that I can beat you down so do us both a favor and leave when I let go of you, I won't hold back if you attack me or Suki again"
Kyo let go of the guy who staggered back a bit, Kyo hoped he would just quietly walk away.

The guy left his last words to Kyo were this "You will regret ever touching me...". Suki sighed, kinda annoyed that she had to be saved again. But what could she do? Her power can't just grow over night. She ran over to Kyo.

"Thank you for saving me yet again. I owe you a lot..." How would she ever begin to pay him back? Maybe she could give him whatever it is he wanted. He had risked his life for hers. But then again, that still would never touch what she owed him for saving her again. Suki then remembered her lunch. She could begin by offering to share her lunch box which her mom, obviously over packed. Apparently she had told Suki that she saw her with Kyo. How embarrassing....She held out her lunch, a blush coming to her face. She couldn't help it. Every time she saw him, she couldn't help but blush at his beautiful face.

"Kyo, would you mind sitting with me and sharing my lunch? My mom packed a bit much cause she saw us together last night..." That was hard to ask, especially putting in the part about her mom which she had vowed she would never share to him, but did anyway. Now that she didn't have to worry about her safety, was it wrong to think about how she would ever get a chance with him? She figured not because she knew she was safe. Safe in the hands of a gorgeous boy, who happened to be the most popular guy in school....She cried inside. There would never be a chance that he would date her. She blushed even more, waiting for Kyo to respond.

Kyo looked at the guy backing off "You will regret ever touching me..." he said to Kyo before going away. Kyo heard that Suki sighed before going running to him and telling him how thankfull she was. Then she asked if he wanted to share her lunch with him.
"I'm not so hungry" he told her but then saw her blushing and couldn't help himself "But I would love to try some anyway" He continued.
He couldn't help to think about how cute Suki was when she blushed.
"I need to get away from the other girls anyway, they are so persistant." He said "Where do you wanna eat?" he asked because he realised he couldn't the school grounds so good yet, so he didn't know where the good places were.

Suki wasn't go great at finding places to eat either, but she knew of a place where none of the girls would ever look for him. It wasn't a place you would expect to find the most popular guy in school. She led him to a small storage shed that wasn't being used anymore. In fact, it was going to be dismantled in the next few weeks, but this would serve well until she could figure out another place to hide. She pulled out her lunch box and sent the extra chopsticks and plate in front of him. It was an array of things such as boiled eggs decorated with condiments to look exciting. Noodles and extra things lay in the box, ready to be mixed with the random array of things in order to create a mixed noodle dish.

Suki grabbed a hunk full of noodles, mixing in a bit of chicken and some teriyaki sause in her noodles. She always did that combo when her mom packed it. It was her favorite. She also grabbed a couple of the eggs, hoping the protien would help her build her muscles. Muscles which she could really use about now. But it would take more than one day to build them. She looked to Kyo, pointing to all the food stuffs in front of her.

"Dig in. Whatever we don't eat, my dad will" she laughed.

Kyo laughted at the comment about her father.
"Itadakimasu" he said while doing a small bow, then he took a chicken piece and a bit of the noodles
"mm, It's delicious" He told her and smiled brightly, while taking a boiled egg. He stopped eating when he saw that Suki had gotten some teriyaki sauce on her cheek. He chuckled a bit and took up his hand to her cheek,
"You have some sauce on the cheek" He said still chuckling, while taking away the sauce on her cheek. He didn't realise that he had gotten so close with his face so he could feel her breath, he suddenly realised it and backed away a bit.
'were I about to kiss her?' He thought, while taking another chicken piece trying to force himself not to blush, he weren't curtain if he were able to do it or not.

Suki enjoyed the delicious lunch her mom had made for her. It tasted delicious, but it seemed that she was so excited that she took up her usual style of eating, sloppily. She had gotten a splash of teriyaki sauce on her cheek. She blushed as Kyo laughed and came in closer to see where it was and to wipe it off. They were so close for that moment, it seemed like he was going to kiss her. What would she do if he did? She would probably freak out and not know what to do or say.

She was glad when he didn't, but instead, looked down, grabbed some chicken and began eating again. His face was a bit red. She could tell that he liked her, but how much? She didn't want to force herself on him, but she did find him good-looking. Would he go for them being together? She doubted it. It was a bit too early in their friendship to tell if it would be more or not. But if he were to up and kiss her now, she would be suprised, but she certainly wouldn't mind.

Kyo hoped Suki hadn't realised that he had been about to kiss her, wait, about to kiss her? no no no no, he just wiped off the sauce and then he happend to come a bit to close, that was all that happend. Kyo tried to convince himself that that was all it was.
"By the way, do you know why all the girls are so crazy around me? They seem to act so normal before I enter the classroom" He asked Suki, trying to stop thinking about the other thing. He really couldn't understand what they were thinking about.
"Is it some kind of new kid treatment or something?" He asked and looked at Suki with a really serious face.

For real? Kyo didn't know why the girls were treating him like that? She sighed, laughing a little. She was smiling, her face blushing a bit.

"Well, Kyo, you are good looking. I wouldn't blame the girls for going after you. They like you" she giggled as she finished up her lunch. Cleaning up, she stood up and helped Kyo up.

"Kyo, the first thing you need to know is that girl's are merciless when it comes to the man they want. They will do anything and I mean anything to get him. If you don't want that to happen, I suggest you act cold towards them, keep them at a distance. Unless, of course, you want them clinging on to you. If you act like a jerk, they will leave you alone. But that is the only way. But if you don't think you could be mean to them, then you will just have to deal with the fact that they like you and that a lot of girls will be confessing their love to you..."

She thought it was funny that she was giving a guy some girl advice. No matter how hard they tried to understand them, they never would, not even if a girl was explaining it to them.

"Don't try to understand them Kyo, because you'll never get anywhere. Just learn to be gentle and let them off the hook politely without hurting their feelings, assuming, that is, if you get love confessions on a daily basis. Girl's appreciate a gentleman..." She opened the door and headed back to class, hoping this would help clear the air for him some, but she still couldn't stop thinking about how close he was to her. She would have to stop herself from confessing her love to him. She couldn't do that to him. Especially at this stage in the game. She would wait it out. Let him choose for himself what he was going to do.

he watched Suki walk away while he turned around to go to his own classroom.
"Girls are weird..." He told himself and scratched his head in confusion over Sukis explanation. He most act cold to girls if he didn't want them to cling on him but wouldn't that hurt them? He couldn't do that, and even if he was a gentleman and rejected them that would still hurt them. He couldn't find any way to do it without hurting those girls.
Why must girl be so damn complicated?
Kyo were so far in to his own thoughts so he barely noticed that he sat in the classroom and the teacher had asked him a question.
"What?" he asked confused vague knowing that he were in the classroom.
"Can you solve this problem?" The teacher asked him
Kyo excused himself and asked what the question was and then answerd it.

---
All classes was finally over he could go home, he fast made his way out of the classroom so he wouldn't get stuck because of the girls again.
When he met Suki outside school he waved at her and smiled.
"Hey Suki, have you anything agenst staying twenty minutes extra? I need to go to the reception so I can sign in for the kickboxing club. If I don't do it today I won't be able to join before the next semester." he said with a forgive-me-for-wasting-your-time look.

Suki sighed and smiled, nodding.

"Go ahead. I'll come with so I don't get ganged up on again...if you don't mind...." She grabbed Kyo's arm also, pulling him aside for a minute before they left. This would be embarrassing, but this was the only other way she could think of making the girls stop their relentless hunt for him. But it wouldn't be so good for her because the girls might come after her. But she was more than enough to take care of some girls.

"Another way, Kyo, to make them stop pursuing you..." She got close to his ear, her face flushing at the closeness of them both, "We pretend we are dating...It gets the girls to stop pursuing you..." She hoped he would go for it. Not only would it give her more time with him, but he wouldn't constantly be hounded by girls. And when he had told her about the girl thing, to be honest, it made her jealous.

"Don't get me wrong. I'm doing it so the girls will leave you alone. That is only if you want to. If not, then I understand...Anyway, you can tell me your answer later. Let's go get you signed up for kick-boxing."

"Go ahead. I'll come with so I don't get ganged up on again...if you don't mind...." She said before grabbing Kyos arm, Kyo didn't noticed that he blushed a bit. Suki began to talk about how to stop the girls from pursuing him, she had moved closer to him and whisperd in to his ear.
"We pretend we are dating..." Wait, what did she say? Such a sentence comming from the person who thought she were a bother whatever she did. It came as a chock for Kyo and he almost thought he had heard wrong.
"Don't get me wrong. I'm doing it so the girls will leave you alone. That is only if you want to. If not then I understand." Well that sounded more like her, Kyo were able to get together a bit. But why did he feel so disappointed?

He didn't say anything to Suki on the way to the reception, mostly because he didn't know what to say. They passed some girls on the way and he heard how they started to whisper as fast as they gotten around the corner. He also felt like a lot of them were starring angrily, not at him but at something or someone close to him. But the only one there were Suki, why would they be angry at her?
They reached the reception and he fast wrote in the application form.
He kept silent on the way back to the bike, locked inside his thoughts. It would be good to not be bothered by the girls, but it hurted him a bit that it just were pretend.
What should he do?

Did she say something wrong? What did she do to deserve the dark moment of silence between the two? This is probably what her parents were warning her about. She turned to Kyo, a sad smile on her face.

"I'm sorry to have asked that of you. It was selfish. Hope you can forgive me..." She knew better. She really knew better.

"I didn't mean to bother you by asking that of you. I was just trying to help...."

She didn't know what to do or say. She was lost for words. Maybe this is what her parents always warned her about. Well, she would have to face it sooner or later. She bowed humbly, hoping he'd forgive her.

(Sorry it is short! Gotta work all day today T-T)

Suddenly Kyo heard Suki talk, he hadn't been able to hear the first sentence.
"What? uhm, no it's not like it was a bad idea or anything I just were thinking about stuff. I'm Sorry if you got the wrong idea, but I'm not angry or anything like that." He said stumbled on his words trying to make her rais her head again, he really didn't know what to do yet.
" If it's not a problem for you it would be good if we could pretend like we're dating" he said and not realising it before afterwards. He didn't know if this was a good or a bad thing, he just hoped it would end up good in the end. "To keep away the girls, and then I can make sure no one of the guys goes after you more easily" he finnished.

Kyo sat up on the bike and waited for Suki to get on.

(hahah no prob, sometimes I do really short to because I'm to stressed)

Suki looked up, a smile on her face.

"So you'll do it? We are going to pretend like we are dating? It will work wonders Kyo. Trust me!" She grabbed the helmet and stuck it on her head happily as she hopped onto Kyo's bike.

For a strange reason, she was extremely happy now. But why? She was only doing this to help him out. Maybe that was the reason why it made her so happy. To have someone finally rely on you. Is this what it felt like? She wanted to feel like this all the time. She hugged Kyo as they rode their way back to their houses.

Cosmo ran up to them, his tail wagging and his tongue out. She laughed, getting off Kyo's bike and patting Cosmo. She picked him up and laughed, turning to Kyo.

"Just do what you think would be the right thing to do and so everyone thinks we are dating, like, we can hold hands, hug, kiss each other's cheeks...Gotta play it up. Girl's will be jealous and you have every right to think that they will hurt me, because I know some of them will come after me, but I can handle girls...It's the guys I'm worried about. They will still try to come after me...Can you help me with that Kyo?"

It will work wonderful she said, but somehow he couldn't help but think the opposit. Maybe it would be great for himself but how would it be for her? He still couldn't get out the thoughts from when the girls had starred at them, if they didn't like that they walked together then what would happen when it came out that they dated?
'Is this really a good thing?' he asked himself.

When they came near their houses Cosmo started to run towards them, Suki went off the bike and picked him up before turning to Kyo.
"Just do what you think would be the right thing to do and so everyone thinks we are dating," She started, but Kyo didn't know what was the right thing to do. What if he did things wrong, acted unnatural or something, he had never dated, so how would he know how to fake it?

"like, we can hold hands, hug, kiss each other's cheeks...Gotta play it up."
Kiss? well if it's just on the cheek then it should be fine, Kyo got surprised, he didn't think Suki would be a person to say something like that.

"Girl's will be jealous and you have every right to think that they will hurt me, because I know some of them will come after me, but I can handle girls...It's the guys I'm worried about. They will still try to come after me...Can you help me with that Kyo?"
He knew it, the girls were staring at Suki, would she really be fine with this?

"Ofcourse I will, but will you really be alright? I mean, if the girls gather together then..." He didn't finnish the sentence, he really didn't know what he wanted to say. Did he just want her to retreat from this? But at the same time he did want them to be together, but was it really good that it was pretend?

Suki was flattered that he cared more about her than himself. IT was quite a surprise to her. She sighed smiling.

"Kyo, please, I am not afraid of girls coming after me. I'm smart enough to outwit them. I told you, I'm worried about the guys more. That's where I'll need your help. We have to be willing to help each other, especially if we want to looke like we are dating..." It was hard spitting those words out and in front of the cutest guy in school. She couldn't believe she was going to be near him a lot. This was like a dream come true.

She had only met the boy yesterday, yet she was head-over-heels for the boy already, not just for saving her, but for his warm and kind personality, his chivalry, his bravery, she wanted it all. It wasn't like her and it was kind of worrying her, but not to the point where she was overly concerned about it.

Even if she told him not to worry about the girls, he were still worried. He could handle the guys but the girls, he couldn't hurt a girl. But what if Suki really couldn't handle it herself? Maybe he was to worried about it.

"Sure, but if it becomes a problem you'll tell me won't you?" He said still a bit worried about it. He looked towards his house, it didn't seem like his mother was home yet because the lights were switched off, even though the sun was up his mother always had the lights switched on when she was home. He didn't feel like being alone at home again, but he couldn't say that to Suki and it would be weird if he invited her home to him all of a sudden when they met just the other day.

"Well, see you tomorrow then. This time I will treat you for lunch, people say that I'm magical in the kitchen." He said laughing, hoping she wouldn't think it was weird that a guy liked to cook. Then he remembered that he still had his lunch box, he hadn't eaten anything from it because Suki offered him food. Well then he knew what he could have for dinner tonight at least.