I'll Be Your Hero (Mae Renea & Charlise)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle shook his head as his tears started to fall. "No, this cant happen in front of them." He whispered to Baylee.
Elias was still in disbelief as he held Aqua and the kids. He didn't know what to do or say. "Elias....."
"Guys, we're all okay but I need you to go sit in the living room and watch TV, okay? We'll be out in a minute." Kyle reached for them to hug them, since it would be the last hug they got from him.

The twins nodded, hugging Kyle confusedly. Jessie kissing his cheek. "Love you uncle Kyle." She said before skipping out. Baylee was in full fledged tears. "I love you." Baylee whispered.

Tears poured from his eyes. "I love you too. Always. Never forget that, okay?"
"Ky....w-wait. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Just wait a minute. There's so much I wanted to say that...."
"I love you bro. That's all that matters. And I know you love me. It's time for you to be the hero now. Everything will be fine." He turned to Aqua. "Just take care of my sister." He reached his arms to Aqua.

Aqua hugged him. "Love you, bubba." Baylee's eyes where tear ridden. Baylee cried in Elias' arms while Aqua hugged Kyle.

"I love you, too sis. Take care of him, okay?" He hugged once more and kissed her forehead until he let her go finally. Then he looked back to Baylee. "Come here, baby."

Baylee moved, letting Aqua hold onto Elias as Baylee laid beside him. She wasn't ready, not when they just found out what they where trying for happened. She didn't want him to leave. "I love you."

He looked at her, both of them faces soaked with tears. "You're gonna be a beautiful mom. Let me daughter know I love her, okay? And you made me a promise, you'd try to move on. Please do. I love you." He hugged her as tight as he could. But seconds later his eyes closed and his grip loosened. He took his last breath holding his fiance.

(*bawls*)
Few Days Later

The funeral home was packed with everyone Kyle wanted to invite and some who came just to show respect. A few of Kyle and Elias' school friends where there. The twins sat in the back, coloring, sense they didn't understand while Aqua and Baylee sat in the front on the family side with Elias. Baylee's engagement ring was on a necklace she wore. She been sleeping in the living room, unable to sleep in the room she shared with Kyle. Aqua had a hard time staying strong for the family but she managed.

The burial itself was the hardest to watch. Baylee had to stand in the back because she couldn't watch it. She waited for the ceremony to be over with before she went to the front to Elias and Aqua who were talking to the boys' school friends.

Elias was almost like a robot. His voice had been monotone, even when it came to speaking at the funeral. After he was done talking to the kids, he made his way to the bar for a drink. It was his first time drinking in a while. A few people came up to him to wish their condolences. He just nodded and shook their hands. No smile, no words. Then a familiar but unpleasant voice came behind him. "I'm sorry about Ky."
"Get out, Kandi." He didn't even turn to face her.
"No really, Elias. No games, no tricks. I came to pay my respects."
"Good. You've done that. You can go now."

Baylee walked over while Aqua talked to Redd, she shook her head seeing Kandi. "Kandi, I really have nothing against you but this is my husbands funeral, and I don't appreciate you hitting on my brother when he is steps away from marrying my sister. Will you please leave? None of us can handle it right now." She said calmly and simply as she grabbed a drink before looking at Eli. "There is some of your school buddies that want to talk to you." She said pointing to a group of three guys.

"Okay, thanks Bays." He said to Baylee as he kissed her forehead.
"Really I just..."
"Okay well you did. You're done. You heard Kyle's wife. Go." He said as he turned from her and walked towards the door. Nothing but a smirk came to his face when he saw his old friends. "Hey guys, how's it going?"
"Hey Eli, what's up man? Ey I'm sorry about Kyle." One of them replied as Elias hugged all three of them.
"Yea, thanks." He moved to introduce them. "Babe, Baylee, this is Johnathon, Andy, and Grady. They went to school with me and Kyle."

Baylee smiled up at him and followed him when he wanted to introduce them.
"Call me Aqua," Aqua had to point out, considering Elias only introduced her as Babe. Baylee gave a wave as she took a slow drink. She wasn't trying to make eye contact with anyone. Aqua sighed before looking at the boys. "Thanks for coming," she leaned against Elias.

"Oh no problem. The school alumni committee sent out these emails so we figured we'd stop by. Kyle was a really good guy." Grady added. He looked over to Baylee. "So, you were his fiance, right?" Johnathon and Andy left to get food from the kitchen.

Baylee looked up, she didn't even realize but she fiddled with the ring around her neck. "Yeah, I am." She gave a small smile.

Aqua watched for a second before adding, "Yeah, they are having my niece or nephew." She cooed touching Baylee's bump. She got baby fever but the twins where enough.

Elias smiled for the first time that day. But then his thoughts grew dark and he shook his head. "Come on, Grady. Grab a drink with me."
"Okay, Cool. Nice meeting you ladies." Grady nodded and followed Elias into the kitchen.

Aqua waved and Baylee sat down. It was nice of Redd to have the funeral party at the café. "He was cute," Aqua said casually.
"Was he? Didn't notice."
"Emotions are okay, Bay."
"I know." Baylee seen Aqua roll her eyes and sit down.
"Dad's taking the kids, they are getting tired." Baylee nodded, sipping her drink.

Elias and Grady walked outside with their beers, both looking out into the street and watching vehicles passing through. "So how you been, man? How's the family?"
"They're good, just moved to Florida a month ago. I just came back in town from helping them move."
"Yea? Nice. Florida's a Nice place."
"Yea it is but, I like it here. No place like home. You have wonderful family in there. They seem nice, your sister-in-law and wife, right?"
"Yea, well fiance. We started planning but..." he stopped. He couldnt continue.

Baylee put her head on Aqua's shoulders, "I don't want to be here anymore," she sighed.
"Want me to see if I can steal the car to take you home?" She asked. They all took one care because being upset and driving never worked will.
"No, I'm alright." She rubbed the back of her neck.
"Are you sure Bay?"
"Nope."

"What happened to him? How'd he die, if you don't mind me asking?"
"Uh, cancer. Brain tumor."
"Shit man, I'm so sorry. My aunt died from cancer."
"Sorry."
"Thanks."
"Well I'm gonna go back inside. Check on the girls. Good seeing you, Grady. Keep in touch." Elias patted his back and went inside.

Baylee got up to head outside, she needed air. Aqua looked at Elias when he came in. "Dad is taking the kids and Baylee went outside. How you holding up?"

Status
Not open for further replies.