Idols on Ice: Frost Sirens sign-ups and OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The former hockey players. I wonder how well they'll adapt to figure skates?

The former hockey players. I wonder how well they'll adapt to figure skates?
Dana's going to probably get peeved to the point of threatening to knock someone out with a hockey puck B'^)
Also sorry that it appears that my character is so similar to the other?? I hadn't read the other bio til now.

Dana's going to probably get peeved to the point of threatening to knock someone out with a hockey puck B'^)
Also sorry that it appears that my character is so similar to the other?? I hadn't read the other bio til now.
They may seem similar, but they've got enough distinctions from each other that they don't seem the same. For example, Dana is very much used to the cold as opposed to Fran being uncertain about it. Also, Dana is a little shy and guarded while Fran is open and bombastic.

To be frank, the only similarity seems to be that they're both hockey players lol.

They may seem similar, but they've got enough distinctions from each other that they don't seem the same. For example, Dana is very much used to the cold as opposed to Fran being uncertain about it. Also, Dana is a little shy and guarded while Fran is open and bombastic.

To be frank, the only similarity seems to be that they're both hockey players lol.
alright haha I was a lil worried. Almost done with the bio!!

Halfway on my character.
A little bit spoiler, my character would be rather egocentric and not a former hockey player.

Reactions: Wolfsbane706
Halfway on my character.
A little bit spoiler, my character would be rather egocentric and not a former hockey player.
I actually had an egocentric character in the last iteration of this RP, so no worries there lol.

You mostly summed it up for me: I don't think it's issue, and could be pretty funny (Fran is 100% certainly going to bother Dana about her esoteric thoughts and facts about hockey), and the differences in ability are there (ie, despite her thoughts Fran's cold tolerance isn't that good, though her increased history with singing might put her slightly above Dana in that area). Overall, sounds like a fun time to me.

You mostly summed it up for me: I don't think it's issue, and could be pretty funny (Fran is 100% certainly going to bother Dana about her esoteric thoughts and facts about hockey), and the differences in ability are there (ie, despite her thoughts Fran's cold tolerance isn't that good, though her increased history with singing might put her slightly above Dana in that area). Overall, sounds like a fun time to me.
I meant the "former hockey players now have to wear figure skates" topic :P
Good to know anyway, though.

I meant the "former hockey players now have to wear figure skates" topic :P
Good to know anyway, though.
*Cough* I knew that, I was...just checking you were paying attention.

On that topic: definitely going to be an interesting one, since both of them are more used to the heavier sports skates. Not to mention, they're really going to have to put on a show to cover the fact they're not really what you'd traditionally think of as idol material.

*Cough* I knew that, I was...just checking you were paying attention.

On that topic: definitely going to be an interesting one, since both of them are more used to the heavier sports skates. Not to mention, they're really going to have to put on a show to cover the fact they're not really what you'd traditionally think of as idol material.
Two words: toe pick.

Two words: toe pick.
Ooooooh, that's a good point. I get the feeling that, despite Fran's confidence, she's definitely going to be on her rear end at least a couple of times.

Ooooooh, that's a good point. I get the feeling that, despite Fran's confidence, she's definitely going to be on her rear end at least a couple of times.
More likely on her chest than her rear. The toe pick is most likely to complicate things going forward at high speeds, stopping the skate but not Fran's body. So, crashing.

Reactions: Baddamobs
Just a little tidbit about the nature of the RP: We won't be covering the actual performances directly, but we will cover the before and after and the actual rehearsals. Most of the RP will be focused on getting the Sirens to work, sing, and skate as a group with maybe some delving into their personal lives if the players want. If there's stuff you want addressed specifically during the RP, just let me know.

The only thing I can think of is that we need to get them all out drinking at least once, haha.

Reactions: Wolfsbane706
anime-girl-bw-kawaii-loli-Favim.com-3004454.jpg

Chinami's hair is a black, with a few chocolate colored strands of hair,
She's usually seen wearing a star pin, and tries to stand out,
although she's not that dramatically bold.

Name:
"Ch-Chinami Akita ma'am!"

17 turning 18

Height and Weight:
"I'm... 5'4, 146lbs. Well I think?"

Measurements:

How do you feel about being in a group?:
"Sort of excited? I don't know! I just don't want to make a fool of myself
in front of them! I mean I don't mind if they don't want to be friends...."

Cold Tolerance:
"It's not as good as others... By that I mean I can't stand
the ice rink without my lavender, puffy jacket. Did I say too much?!"

Skating Ability:
"It's not the best, by that I mean it's not like I can do a triple flip
or something like that. I can glide around, and sometimes do a twirl, but that's about it."

Singing Ability:
"I would say it's more than up to standards...
I'm used to it, being a singer for a bit, and winning a few awards...
I-I'm not trying to brag! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!"

Artistic Background:
"I was in choir and continuously got accepted for the major
play parts. Mmmn... I've been ball room dancing before, and
for family trips, at least twice a month, we'd go to the skating rink
to skate around."

Personal Background:
"I have a twin brother named Arashi,
he's quite the gentlemen to other women, n-not including me.
He tends to get a bit nervous around adults though,
knowing they could affect his college resume or something.
E-Even though he might seem like it, he's not that confident as you may think.
After all he spends at least 15 minutes doing his hair.
My mother is a cheerful optimistic college professor, and my father a writer.
Sometimes he can spook us out, being extremely stealthy, but he has a good
sense of humor and a whole book of puns. M-My brother doesn't find joy in them,
but I find them humorous. S-Speak-Speaking of which. I tend to be easily amused,
and I tend to g-get all nervous and tense at times. Some might go to lengths to call
me cowardly or wimpy, but I prefer not to get into conflict.
Arashi says that I apologize way too much, but I can't help it! Y-Yeah.
The joy of the family though, is my puppy husky named Artemis.
T-This is because she's so fluffy and so playful! I also try to stay optimistic,
although I have a habit of doubting myself at times.

Other:
2e417d0d121e0f901fb9703341e12acf.jpg

Theme Song:

anime-girl-bw-kawaii-loli-Favim.com-3004454.jpg

Chinami's hair is a black, with a few chocolate colored strands of hair,
She's usually seen wearing a star pin, and tries to stand out,
although she's not that dramatically bold.

Name:
"Ch-Chinami Akita ma'am!"

17 turning 18

Height and Weight:
"I'm... 5'4, 146lbs. Well I think?"

Measurements:

How do you feel about being in a group?:
"Sort of excited? I don't know! I just don't want to make a fool of myself
in front of them! I mean I don't mind if they don't want to be friends...."

Cold Tolerance:
"It's not as good as others... By that I mean I can't stand
the ice rink without my lavender, puffy jacket. Did I say too much?!"

Skating Ability:
"It's not the best, by that I mean it's not like I can do a triple flip
or something like that. I can glide around, and sometimes do a twirl, but that's about it."

Singing Ability:
"I would say it's more than up to standards...
I'm used to it, being a singer for a bit, and winning a few awards...
I-I'm not trying to brag! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!"

Artistic Background:
"I was in choir and continuously got accepted for the major
play parts. Mmmn... I've been ball room dancing before, and
for family trips, at least twice a month, we'd go to the skating rink
to skate around."

Personal Background:
"I have a twin brother named Arashi,
he's quite the gentlemen to other women, n-not including me.
He tends to get a bit nervous around adults though,
knowing they could affect his college resume or something.
E-Even though he might seem like it, he's not that confident as you may think.
After all he spends at least 15 minutes doing his hair.
My mother is a cheerful optimistic college professor, and my father a writer.
Sometimes he can spook us out, being extremely stealthy, but he has a good
sense of humor and a whole book of puns. M-My brother doesn't find joy in them,
but I find them humorous. S-Speak-Speaking of which. I tend to be easily amused,
and I tend to g-get all nervous and tense at times. Some might go to lengths to call
me cowardly or wimpy, but I prefer not to get into conflict.
Arashi says that I apologize way too much, but I can't help it! Y-Yeah.
The joy of the family though, is my puppy husky named Artemis.
T-This is because she's so fluffy and so playful! I also try to stay optimistic,
although I have a habit of doubting myself at times.

Other:
2e417d0d121e0f901fb9703341e12acf.jpg

Theme Song:
Now, is she cold or just highly nervous? Either way, she's in!

Name: Kimberly Vail

Personality: Kimberly is rather apathetic. She cares for the Frost Sirens, in her own way, and it sometimes shows. She's always got a dry remark handy, and is always ready to criticize with suggestions. On the one hand, it's her general cynicism that keeps the Sirens from getting in over their heads. On the other, it also tends to bring down the mood, especially if the Sirens are already feeling down. Despite all this, it's safe to say that Kimberly treats the Frost Sirens as if they were her daughters. Do not hurt her skaters. At all.

How did you end up with this job: Kimberly was volunteered by the town committee. She manages the rink, she's a former figure skater, and she's on very friendly terms with the folks around town. The only one who didn't consider her an ideal choice was Kimberly herself.

Managing Style: Kimberly is a very hands-on kind of coach. She'll observe from a distance, and if she sees something off, she'll call her skater over to correct them, often physically adjusting their body herself. Certain things, though, she'll leave up to the skater, such as balance.

Background: Kimberly is a former figure skater who decided to quit competing after she realized that her skills weren't really up to snuff for competition skating. Rather than spend more time trying to improve past her peak, Kimberly instead focused on finishing school, earning a living, and eventually, managing the rink itself. Being pegged to manage and coach the Frost Sirens came as a surprise to Kimberly. She had no idea the project was even being considered, much less actually active with four volunteers. Despite her misgivings, though, nobody else came forward to manage the idols, leaving Kimberly stuck with her position until the Frost Sirens disbanded.

Theme Song: (Later.)

Note: The attached photo was taken during an "Oktoberfest on Ice" promo that Kimberly didn't actually skate in. Not even the Frost Sirens are allowed to ask about it without consequences.

Attachments

• Oktoberfest.jpg
    Oktoberfest.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.